Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Halo around transparent objects showing backdrop?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 13:59
Hey,
Well i have been playing around with plant life and i made myself a fern which i added to one of my dungeon tiles and exported a .x. Obviously the fern needs transparency but for some reason there appears to be some sort of halo and random lines where EVERY single 3d object behind the halo/line is not drawn and i can see right through to the backdrop..

I have tried messing with cull, transprency 1 and 2, changing the texture from a png with an alpha channel to a simple bitmap to use mask transparency instead of alpha and what not. Nothing seems to work. Have made an example simple project which with media which i will attach to this post.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Grossman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 14:32
I use flag 4 (as well as 2 or 3), and texture transparency works properly. Or, you can try to render your textures on green (rgb 30.255.0) background and set the colorkey.
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 17:50 Edited at: 18th Oct 2005 17:50
Hey,
I have tried it using set image colour key and a mask of 30, 255, 0 and 255, 0, 255 and 0, 0, 0 (changing the texture each time accordingly) and i have tried transparancy modes 1~4 (just the second parameter of dbSetObjectTransparency right?) and ALL have the same result. the majority of the transparent part of the texture is transparent properly, but then there is like a halo and some random lines where you can see the backdrop of all things (if i change backdrop colour, halo and line colour change to prove it).

Heres a screenshot:

the 3d object i originally made in milkshape and had no transparancy, just this rectangular excuse for a bush. Then when i got plant life i made some ferns in there, exported as .txt, imported in milkshape and replaced my old rectangular bush with them and then exported a .x which is what im loading. I REALLY need this fixed T_T

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a thought... try disabling the filtering on the fern texture: i.e. make it not do bilinear/trilinear filtering (bluring). I don't know how you do this in DGDK specifically, but colourkeying doesn't work well with filtered textures, because you get the key color blured and this will cause halos.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2005 19:20
Ghosting with a flag of 5 usually does the job

Great Britain would be Amazing Britain if it wasn't for idiots like you bringing down the average!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 09:26:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 09:26:03