Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Enhancements Expansion Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 20:36
when will it be released for Dsdk ?

Garage Creator
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2005 14:45
It´s on thursday´s todo list. Item 32 right after learn Portugese.
Seriously since they haven´t started yet and they´re very busy doing something mysterious I doubt it wll come out anytime soon.

My signature has been erased by me because it's LARGE.
Thank you for the votez!1!
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " It´s on thursday´s todo list. Item 32 right after learn Portugese. "

I already know Portuguese... I wonder if I can give them a hand in completing it?
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 11:28
Its one reason why people should come to the Convention... Can ask Mike & Lee (not Spikey Lee) questions like this...

Come to the third DarkBasic Pro Sci Fi Con - Less than 2 weeks to go!
Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
scooby bloke
Years of Service
User Offline
True, but not everyone can get time off work to go to conventions, so it would be nice if they could answer questions like that here as well. Must say I'm a bit dissappointed with the speed / frequency of updates / new releases for the sdk. They always seem to be working on "some other project".

Perhaps a blog letting us know what is being worked on would be a good idea. At least we'd know what to expect and roughly when.
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 14:16
...also gagging for SDK updates meself.

@scooby bloke, not sure if they are still used much, but they used to update the dev diaries?

http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?m=diary&did=1

Cheers
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 14:27 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2005 15:25
I keep reminding Mike to update his... Must admit its a bit disconcerting that no details as to when the update (and SDK update) will be availiable...

Come to the third DarkBasic Pro Sci Fi Con - 9 days to go! Whoohoo!
Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
PearsoE
Years of Service
User Offline
Always disappointing when there is no mention of the SDK in the monthly Newsletters. Some kind of update would be nice.
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 17:08
True, but we are still a side product I think. Mike and that have been very busy with their real money earners atm which I feel is fair enough Just read a simular post on the dbp board where they want /more/ said about dbp >.> But its safe to assume we will get our updates in due course and good things happening to dbp == good things ultimatly happening to darksdk.

We are lucky in that if darksdk fails somewhere we can usually compensate with another lib or directX itself, a pleasure the dbp users dont currently have so I guess they are the priority

Tis all good.

Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree... I must admit that I am worried about the lack if news in the gdk camp. I'd hate TGC pulled a Cipher Engine on me (I also bought that engine a couple of years ago but the guy that develops it seems to have moved on) - lightning always strikes at least twice when I am involved.

I have finally bought dbpro this week, but I did so just for kicks and to prototype ideas. I mean to keep using the GDK on the project I am starting up...
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2005 13:57
I feel a little bit with the sdk like the hansons, "in the middle of nowhere". Too hard for most DBPro users, too "weak" for interesting gurus or professionals.

Don't get me wrong. I'm obtaining wonderful results with the sdk (except shaders ), but the strongest point of it is to have a brother product like DBPro, with a large community. So we are lucky, because the sdk forum has very small movement, if we compare.

Talking about the actual situation, of course. I have confidence in TGC and the sdk future. So I'll keep on working with it.
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 17:20
umm. It has gone a bit quite on the development front though. I wonder what they´re up to. Maybe I should resurect my conspicy thread....
Not that I´m worried. I´ve got plenty to do for before I need shaders. (attempt to understand walaber´s code and intergrate Newton with a game I still haven´t created, get used to c++ and rewrite DF2 again)

My signature has been erased by me because it's LARGE.
Thank you for the votez!1!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:00:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:00:19