Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSPack WISHLIST

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 14:15 Edited at: 8th Nov 2005 14:17
Ack. This...didn't turn out well. I personally feel that it would have been better to keep the ...er...cracking method... of FPSPack a well-guarded secret, instead of public knowledge, like it is now. I haven't made a game (or demo) yet to use with FPSPack, but now it seems that the features suggested won't arrive after all, and if I want my game to be safe from prying eyes, until a new version is released, this isn't the way.

I'll set some money aside when (if? Rasta did mention that he might not continue the project now...) FPSPack comes out again. Out of curiousity (and desire to know how much it may cost so I can allocate money in my budget), how much did it cost before it went free?
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 16:32
sad day

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 21:08
Okay... that wasn't suppose to happen. I am sorry on that behalf.

The only way to truely change the security method would be to incorporate game.exe into the program and run it in a Virtual Machien. Which is probally pretty hard to build. Then when it asks for a file, unzip that file and send it to the program.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:30:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:30:57