Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Dark Icon - Icon Maker First of It's Kind in DarkBASIC v1.0!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 21:19
The first ever icon making app in DarkBASIC!!
This is only version 0.1 or pre-alpha, don't worry this will be updated nicely later.

Please do not flame me!!

Programming is fun with DarkBASIC!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 23:21
This needs an interface. All it really seems to do is ask for a .bmp file where you have to type in the filename instead of using a file browser or anything...

If I were to create icons, I would use Stardock's Icon Developer, so that I could make nice, large, multi-format icons.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
1GB DDR-SDRAM (May increase to 2GB one day)
512MB ATI Radeon X1800 Series - Finally! A card that does pixel shaders correctly!
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 16:47
Tips to make this more useful/complete

1. make it so it doesn't matter it the .bmp is or isn't added to the file, use right$(filetoconvert,4) to check if its got the .bmp on the end then read the left portion to get the name without. Asking the users to not include the .bmp bit at the end is a little silly.

2. Make it resize the image to be the right size for an .ico file, by making a bitmap (craete bitmap) setting the screen to it (set current bitmap), loading the image, making a sprite of the image, resizing the sprite (size sprite), pasting the sprite, then capturing the image "get iages" and "save bitmap" then rename it.

3. If you are ging to have an interface, make one. If not, make it a commandline program

I'm not flaming, I'm just giving suggestions that will a: make this more useful, and b: help you learn important db programming techniques.

If any of the commands aren't available in db 1.0 I apologise I haven't used it for a LONg time

Preorder EA here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=67575&b=8&p=0
+ Model Pro out now in Program Announcements!
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 18:32
Kangaroo you made a typo at
Quote: "pasting the sprite, then capturing the image "get iages" and "save bitmap" then rename it."

That should be
Quote: "pasting the sprite, then capturing the image "get image" and "save bitmap" then rename it."

where i went on holiday to
www.portaventura.es and also http://themepark.nl/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB7&Number=661483&page=0&fpart=all
Kangaroo2 BETA2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 21:14
I make typos all the time, cos I type too fast If I bothered editing each one of my posts I'd be here all day

Preorder EA here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=67575&b=8&p=0
+ Model Pro out now in Program Announcements!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 21:19
Quote: "The first ever icon making app in DarkBASIC!!"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but back in the RGT days somebody made one too!

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 18:00
you did?

Fps world of mayhem 10%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 08:18:09
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 08:18:09