Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Match Cards Relax - finished game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 09:12 Edited at: 4th Feb 2006 03:44
Hello, and a thank you to everyone who helped me solve the many problems I had making this, my first 3d game, and my second game ever. Please enjoy the game, and give me your feedback!

I couldn't upload the whole game in one .zip file successfully for some reason, so i've split it into 2 .rar files, just download both and double-click MatchCards.part1 to unzip the game.

In any case, about the game. Its a PC version of the classic game Match Cards, wherein the player clicks on cards that are turned face down, and tries to find matches. The game ends when all the cards have been matched, at which point you can play again. It has a rotating background depicting a relaxing scene, a broad spectrum of music which can be chosen or turned off by the player, and crisp, detailed visuals, so please download and enjoy!

Here's some screen shots:

The Title Screen:

and an in-game shot:
[img]
http://www.geocities.com/studiousdude@ameritech.net/InGame.jpg
[/img]

...for some reason in game shot isn't showing up with the image tags, don't know why; its a jpg just like the title screen and its on the same website...well, sorry, for now please copy and paste the URL into a browser window to see the image, my apologies.

Here's part 1 of the download (attached)

DBPro User
PC: WinXP, AthlonXP 2100+ 1.7ghz, 80gb HD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128mb onboard RAM), 512mb DDR400 system RAM. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2006 09:16
Here's the second part (attached)

DBPro User
PC: WinXP, AthlonXP 2100+ 1.7ghz, 80gb HD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128mb onboard RAM), 512mb DDR400 system RAM. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It's downloading now. So what exactly is this game? You will get more responses by telling people about it.

Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 16:19 Edited at: 4th Feb 2006 18:54
And using a smaller picture !
Yeah what is the purpose of the game, got any (smaller) in game shots ?

[EDIT} found the ingame shot, sorry I was being blind.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I downloaded the zips but there is no DB file, just graphics.

Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 19:21
@ Pincho: when you unzip it, one of the files is called "MatchCards", the icon is the word "Match" with a heart, spade, club, and diamond around it on a white background, that's the exe for the game. I changed the icon with a program called icon changer, so it doesn't look like the normal DBP icon. Please tell me if you find it or not Pincho; I downloaded the game at my job to see how smoothly everything went at someplace besides my home, and it downloaded fine and the exe was in there with everything else that should have been in there. I just downloaded the game again right now to test, and the exe is in there.

@ Baggers: as for the purpose of the game, I edited my first post right after Pincho suggested I put a description up, so it's right above the images. I don't like filling threads with unnecessary extra posts.

DBPro User
Baggers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2006 21:59
Thanks alot. Totaly agree with your view on unnecasary posting, and with that...bye !

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 12:32 Edited at: 5th Feb 2006 12:34
That matchcards file is not in any of the zips that I have downloaded. That's odd.

Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2006 23:52 Edited at: 6th Feb 2006 06:10
Really Pincho?...that's odd. Well i've zipped the game into one zip for ya, it will have the regular dbpro icon for the exe but it should work if i can get it to upload... download below.

*EDIT* couldn't get the whole .zip file to upload, sorry. I don't know why u don't have the .exe when u unzip, did ur zip utility (winrar, winzip, etc.) give you any error messages when u unzipped the game?

Is anyone else having this problem btw?

DBPro User
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2006 23:27 Edited at: 6th Feb 2006 23:28
Sorry, but it really annoys me when people post pics of the menu, but have no others from within the game. Pleas post at least one more, of the game, not the menu. Then, I will download.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-Fear of long words
Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2006 04:20
Yeah...it really annoys me when people don't read the posts...

i have a link to an ingame image below the menu image, for some reason it wouldn't come up on screen. So copy and paste the link into the address bar and u can see the image.

I can't believe how many posts this thread has gotten and none of them are about the game lol. oh well..maybe soon...

DBPro User
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok...but when there isn't an ingame shot easy to see, I don't bother reading the post Sorry, will download this after school.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2006 14:58 Edited at: 7th Feb 2006 14:59
Game worked ok for me. Had a CRC error with one of the wavs though.

Pros:
Shuffling is cool but maybe make the cards fly from top of deck to destination
Cons:
Flickery text - not syncing properly?
Speed of rotating background not constant

Piccy for those people who won't download without piccy;

Boo!

Attachments

Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2006 18:17
ah thx spooky, for the comments about the game as well as the pic

as for making the cards fly from the deck to their designated spots, i wanted to do that (saw something like it on a solitaire game that someone made here). But this game was intended to be a learning experience, so I was satisfied with the way it was when i decided to release it, though i knew of the bugs that you mentioned.

the flickery text and spotty background rotation come from the fact that i didn't use sync at all in this game, tried to but it didn't work for me. And after a while, it didn't matter that much to me. On a really significant game i would (and will) work out the small kinks like that, but i asked at the forums alot for help with it, and even though people did offer their assistance i wasn't able to solve the problem.

DBPro User
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Um...just downloaded, but at the begining, I never get a menu, just the background of the menu and some music. Is there a button you need to push?

Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2006 05:39
gah why is this game giving people so many problems ;;. sounds like for some reason the resolution isn't set properly on the game UFO, its made to run at fullscreen 1024x768, so if it is running at anything lower than that (for whatever reason) then the menu selections are beyond the range of the screen. either that or there's some sort of glitch stopping the text from being printed correctly. Do you have either the "Arial" or "Century Gothic" fonts installed on your computer?

Also when u get to the menu screen, try clicking around a few inches underneath the "Match Cards" title and see if anything happens. All the menu selections are at the bottom-left section of the screen, under the title. Sorry if it doesn't work for you >.<

DBPro User
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
The whole image appears on the screen, I have arial, and I hav tried clicking everywhere below the title . I wonder what the problem is...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 07:47:20
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 07:47:20