Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator and DarkBASIC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 11:22
Hello! I actually have a few questions before i buy FPS Creator, The FAQ on the website didnt help me much. Somewhere in there it says something about the fps creator something being imported to DarkBASIC, is it talking about the source or the games?

Then when it says royalty free, does that meen that i dont need a business license to sell my games? Because if it does then i dont really care about the following question!

Does any one have screenshots of the interface? The 125mb demo is too much for my cpu! (at least to download). And the scripts are in DBPRO right? Thats easiest for me to code.

Thank you, please answer even if you can only 1/10000000 answer my question. Again, thank you, and please post!!!

PS whats the PIXEL size per grid segment all it says is 40x40x20, i know thats 20 floors, and 40 tiles each, but how big is that? Thanx! (just wondering).

dbpro2006@rock.com
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 14:16
business license. no need for a licence at all, sell awawy.
Sripts are not Dark Basic.
have yo been to the FPSC web site?
http://www.fpscreator.com/

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2006 18:32
FPSC was written in DBpro.

By royalty free, it means you can sell your games (If they're good enough).

What specs is your computer? If it can't cope with the demo, you haven't got much hope. I've attached a screenies of the interface.

The scripts are .fpi, which can be edited in fpimaker

I don't get what you mean by pixel size, the textures can be any size you want, generaly they are 512x512. A segment is about 3 metres x 3 metres, and you can have a map with up to 40x40x20 of them.

Hope this helps,
AE

Origin says i'm l33t

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadow Storm Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 01:55
Hey dude everything has been explained with regards to the quesiton but can i just say i deffinalty recommend you buy it (i should be getting charged commision for this

Shadow Storm Interactive - Why not have control? www.theultimateingames.com
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2006 02:03
Quote: "The scripts are .fpi, which can be edited in fpimaker"

You can alsdo edit an FPI Script with most ASCii Text Editors. (wordpad)

Quote: "The 125mb demo is too much for my cpu! (at least to download). "

Any friends with DSL?
You could download it at their house.

Once you try it, you will like it.
So, save yourself some time and just buy it.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 05:31
Thanx all!

Wait a econd, if it was written in DBP, then how does it make an executable? (or did the make the compiler in C) just curious. also sorry i couldnt reply sooner.

my computer... HA! my computers so crappy, its got like 32 billion virus' and its extremely slow, also it decides to shut off frequently! (well restart) i plan on having the mother board being wiped out (how much does that cost?) and then re-installing all the boxed software (like fpsc (when i get it), dbpro, 3d home/landscape (which appearantly doesnt save .x models, thats $40 well spent )) and then get something (this is actually slightly less then 56k, what im using right now) and you know, of course i cant afford that so i'll buy a charger for my laptop (i got 3 computers, 2 were free, ones 2000/ME, anothers XP, and then the laptop which i bought, sadly, it worked only a yaear (3 days after the guarantee...)) eh, sorry this is the fpsc chat... Uh thanx!

"I might not be the best but i'm in the top two..."
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 10:29
Where do i get the source from? (i was going to order the fpsc today, but i wasnt able to, im trying to make a game maker, and if they did it in dbpro, then i should be able to do it in it right?)

Whats the point of going to sleep, your only going to wake up + you can code all night if you dont!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2006 10:56
Reselling FPSC's engine source in a game maker would be illegal DB. The FPSC source is only intended to be used with FPSC files.

As a guide, basically if you have an idea that allows a newbie to make money with DB then it's most likely illegal .

Van-B

Put away, those fiery biscuits!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2006 07:21
The full version functions on my pc and I have 256 MB of ram,an outdated Intel graphics chip,and so on...curse Best Buy...lol.If FPSC will run on my pc it should run on anyone's.Buy the full version.It is most definetly worth it.You won't get a better deal for your money.

Not changing this sig until I get rich
striker 1423
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there any design teams that have been made using fpscreator?

if so, i want to see how they work! I've always wanted to have a design team, but i just don't have the money for web-space, and long-distance technical issues,(i.e. a team member leaving, or someone that has a problem you can't help them with unless you were there.)

also,
How do you get a copyright license for a company name?

thanks much!

striker1423
striker 1423
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there any design teams that have been made using fpscreator?

if so, i want to see how they work! I've always wanted to have a design team, but i just don't have the money for web-space, and long-distance technical issues,(i.e. a team member leaving, or someone that has a problem you can't help them with unless you were there.)

also,

thanks much!

striker1423
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 07:13
thanx!

Whats the point of going to sleep, your only going to wake up + you can code all night if you dont!
Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 07:36
Quote: "Are there any design teams that have been made using fpscreator?

also,

thanks much!

striker1423"

I think your jumping a head of yourself here. Company names, design team's etc... really need to calm down there.

Company name's... well first you need a finished, published product and depending on your country UK, USA etc you need various form's to declare tax etc. Just because you can go by a name, say Im A Monnkey Studios, does not make you a company.

Design team's, well just before anyone flame's you, Team Request's arnt allowed and as such their are very few if any Teams/Studios around here.
Most of the time everyone else help's each other with scripting, modeling and so on. The community it self is providing various option's with program's to help make your game making experince with FPSC far easier. I could recommend personally Magic FPS and E.C.S. Pro as they have saved me hour's of work.

Oh, and use the Search fuction in the forum's. I know most people never use good subject title's meaning it's hard searching for anything but you never know, you might find what your after.

Hope this answer's a few question's and give's a few friendly pointers.

Tal
striker 1423
Years of Service
User Offline
cool thanks!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2006 16:43
@DB user 2006+ - FPSC has an executable that loads the level and reads the scripts. Its execution is based on that. So basically, the FPSC game that you distribute is a common runtime EXE and media/scripts. Nobody will ever know the difference.

It is illegal to sell a program that uses the DBP compiler. But, it's not necessary for anything that you'll want to do. You can simply make an executable that runs scripts. Scripting DBP code is useless, as it's too complicated, and you'll run into legal issues. Running scripts specific to a certain type of game are fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 09:18:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 09:18:14