Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Arteria MULTI textured models now work in FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:06 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 18:06
I don't see why you talk as if your models are hard to get. Yeah, I've tried a demo that uses your models. I looked around them. They were sloppy. x1b has shown dozens of screenshots exposing the flaws, such as faces missing, textures being scrambled, vertices not connecting, and or plain wierd mesh.

It's like a Megaton Cat radar, 24 hours a day.
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:07
Oh and megaton cat, why does your windmill look so similar to mine
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:08 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 18:09
Its a Windmill,Steve...they all look alike..Why do cats in UK look like cats in Canada?

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:08 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 18:09
Quote: " Oh and megaton cat, why does your windmill look so similar to mine"

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you invented the windmill. I'll remove it from my site this instant.

It's like a Megaton Cat radar, 24 hours a day.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:09
@Cash Curtis II- yeah he did! There are some really good quotes out there!

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:09
nothiing you say is acceptable to me anymore x1b - get off my case
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hence the sidekick speaks again"

Sidekick? Ca$h, did you hier Mega as a "Sidekick" ?

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:12
well why dont you just post a demo showing off your flawless models and that will shut them up?

Halowed are the ori.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:12 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 18:13
Hey Stevie, I'd put together a protected one house demo for you for one of your packs. Everyone would be happy.

Quote: "Sidekick? Ca$h, did you hier Mega as a "Sidekick" ?"

Yeah It's all so personal.

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:24 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 18:28
Quote: "nothiing you say is acceptable to me anymore x1b - get off my case "

Very proffesional,Very stern.. very insecure. Very you.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:32
and its very you, being very cold and continuing to stare up problems.

If i was insecure i would have never started this project to begin with.
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 18:43 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 18:58
And Steve, I have no "Sidekicks" I have numerous "friends" on the forum, all of whom are entitled to their opinions weather they share my view or not.

As it stands and as you see, it is not just I, or Mega and I, or Cash and Mega and I, or Rich and Mega and Cash and I,and the list honestly goes on, whom share the same opinion of the models.

Anyhow,it is settled,yes? You will post these on the site that Bond suggested which is very secure and we can all view via 3D Fly Through and soundly judge to purchase.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 19:24
no,

Because it would cost me £600 plus to purchase thar product.

Steve
ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 19:36
Lmao.. Another day in the life of 'A soap opera Forum'........

Never eat yellow snow
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 19:42 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 19:44
£600 ?????? Ouch... ya man,I wouldnt either.

Youre a DBP,coder. Do a demo that has all media compressed into the .exe. Simple fly through with the models just floating. no ground or sky or anything other than the models.

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 19:44 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 19:54
Stevie,

I am very sad that you have had to endure such attacks on you and your abilities. I hope you will allow me to still become a member and buy your models. I think your product is top shelf and your business skills are very professional. It is my hope that the community understands that the opinion of a few does not constitute the reality of your company and abilities. Keep up the good work Steve.

Community,

Normally I am quiet and do not get involved in the argument here on the forums. But I can’t contain myself from putting my 2 cents in. As a business owner I understand that I will never satisfy all my customers, but rest easy knowing I have done my best to provide a quality service. I wish members would settle their differences off the forum and not in plain site of the community. This type of behavior is not healthy for the success of FPSC. Please understand that I do not wish to argue this point, just wanted to share my feelings with the community.

Steve’s models,

I have successfully installed 1 of his models with very little pain. The quality I see in them is outstanding. The volume of music and models you get far exceeds the price paid. Steve has been there to answer all my questions and has gone above and beyond to verify that I am satisfied. Just to ward off the skeptics, I am not affiliate in any form or fashion except as a customer.

Okay, I’m getting off my soap box. Steve I hope you get lots of business and please do not stop advertising your products here at FPSC.

I hope I have not offended any member. Thanks for your understanding.

http://www.webzsphere.com
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 19:54 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 19:56
Quote: "Steve has been there to answer all my questions and has gone above and beyond to verify that I am satisfied."

Quote: "I have successfully installed 1 of his models with very little pain. The quality I see in them is outstanding"

Excellent, so then there is no problem with providing the disputed Demo,right?

Quote: "Just ward off the skeptics"

That in it self was very sketchy. Best to leave it be. Bottom line is,no matter how much anyone tries to praise this yet to be seen work in Demo? It remains skeptical, questionable, debateable.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 19:56
x1b...are you the robot your avatar depicts? cos you just done let up
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 19:59 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 19:59
It is far from unreasonable, nor, extreme. Demos are very standard procedure.Very, very, standard. Actions speak volumes, talk is cheap,etc,etc,etc.

Steve,you're a DBP coder. This cant possibley take you more than...lets go on a limb and say 15 mintes to code up. Compress all into 1 exe and you're off to the races.

I dont understand why this is even in dispute. None of us do.

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
x1bwork,

Thank you for your comments. Is there any way I can contact you outside of the forums?

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:10 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 20:15
Fairly sure my email is on my info. Email and I'll reply when I get home from work.

And failing to have the time to code such a demo,we are on a DBP forum. Any number of us could oblidge you with this demo or provide you with Source Code to edit to taste.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:16 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 20:18
Dog, you may want to read through the thread again. It's wasn't about a personal dispute between to people at first. It was a warning about corrupt models by a number of persons. unfortunally the author of the models took al of this way to personal and didn't react in a business like manner at all.

It's not really about satisfying customers, it's about someone releasing and continuing to sell bad models, even though he knows about it. Very bad business behaviour imo.

On top of that, he starts to attack people..... even worse.

I liked some of the models shown very much. Thought about getting some of them for a project also. But someone who attacks his customers and keeps on selling corrupted models, isn't worthy of my business at all.

Failing or refusing to put up a demo in which the models are being showcased is often a bad sign also.......

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:23 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 20:27
Very well said, Benjamin. Very well.

Dog,you're honestly in for a very sore disappointment by hoping to detract this situation to an email. In fact, likely to place it to me finally reissuing all the screen shots of the aforementioned, previous,disfigured models.

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:28 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 20:32
Just wait for the new Fantasy Theme Pack.. then you will see
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:37 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 21:53
would appear steve edited his previous quote

If memory serves. It broke down as follows:

-new fantasy pack comes out with a church.
-I inquired about church and the misc items. (coincidentally,ive been sent emails being told it too is flawed)
-You pushed for a Windmill.
-I explained I dont desire the windmill just church and misc
-You pushed harder on windmill with "LOL EVERYONE WANTS THE WINDMILL!!! LOL ONLY YOU DONT!!! LOL!!!"

-I explained that I had already paid for some flawed models but you had promsised to fix those prior to all of this. And that I will take the church and misc in assumption that they too will be fixed if flawed but no desire to purchase a windmill that is likely also flawed when I dont even have a use for a Windmill
- You then blurt out "Ive had enough,I THINK YOURE HAVING A GO AT ME!!!!"

And so it began.

Prior to ALL of this. I had pointed out the flaws in the models already purchased. You mentioned they would be fixed(which they still havent). My stand on the sitation with Church, Misc,etc, was that I was uneasy about spending yet more money on what may be more flawed models AND on an item that I dont desire at all(a windmill).
You did not like my pointing that out and so the "I THINK YOURE HAVING A GO AT ME!!!!" came out of you.

Quote: "Just wait for the new Fantasy Theme Pack.. then you will see "

We are, we're waiting on a demo,remember.
I have absolutely no question in my mind,that if you put out a demo to show this promised quality work,it will be well worth all of this. A Demo,every company does it with pride of their products.

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 21:54 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 21:55
x1bwork,

I'm sorry for not making my intentions clear. I am sure your email addy is in your contact information, just wanted to get your Okay to contact you outside of the forums.

Quote: "Dog,you're honestly in for a very sore disappointment by hoping to detract this situation to an email."

Not sure what your trying to say. To be honest I think I'd like to pass on this topic because I think no good can come from it. I am confident that your feelings are real and far be it,that I should try to change them. Please forgive me.

@ Ben

I think I would respond the same after being attacked as well. It is only human nature to defend yourself when you feel you are being wronged. But I can say that I am very happy with the pack and I have a demo because I paid for them. I am a strong supporter of all the members that have contributed to the community weather free or paid media packs. Some have been better then other but I would never verbally attack someone in a public place.

Thank you for your time and understanding. With that said I will close my participation in this thread. Once again Steve, Thank you for your hard work and quality product.

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 22:01 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 22:19
Quote: "Thank you for your time and understanding. With that said I will close my participation in this thread. Once again Steve, Thank you for your hard work and quality product."

This is what raises concern.. history repeating.

The last time,it was Steve preaching how
Quote: "This is my greatest work yet! everyone wants it!"
followed by 2-3 others preaching the same for him (much like dog is now...) Then the disfigured models where purchased... from there did we learn to request a Demo before buying the product.

Heck,even this line has repeated yet again
Quote: ""There is no doubt that i will be seeking my solicitor tomorrow over this matter""

EXACT same words as last time on this thread
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=68346&b=1

Once again, to quote Mr Richard Davey
Quote: "the models really need fixing"
and
Quote: "A demo needs to be made"

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 22:28
For God sake man........... how many times have you been told. I have fixed the pack. You know.. at the start of this thread, although slight abuse was there, i was glad to see you kept the remarks tight, and held off, because i said there would be a new pack within a few days...

but no.... someone else fired in, and you then started the way you did at christmas. Do you not have a reign on your emotions man.. Im sick and tired of reading your sarcastic comments time and time again. Dog. simply spoke in a very civil unbiased manner, yet you started on him too.

Why people cannot see you for you are doing is beyond me

One game springs to mind

Lemmings
x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 22:53 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 22:55
lemmings. way to downgrade a community,expecting to be compensated.."lemmings".."sidekick" anything else?

id have to say,I feel rather collected. chin in hand, watching packets fly and doing some minor perl sockets development and occasionally watching this thread and 1 finger pecking replies.

id dare say,the only loss of collected emotion would be your "lemmings" title for the community and you exploding over me not wanting a Windmill. Whats with you and windmills anyhow. English,arent you? Not Dutch,Swiss,etc.

Anyway,let it be. Models redone,demo to be put out,all will be well,im confident.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 22:57
stevie,

i have trusted you from the beggining, and i always look at both sides of the story, so im not on any side per say.

if you would like, i can write you an application that will showcase your media, yet lock it in a packed file, so it can be used.

if you want this done, just send me an email.

as to the subject of the models, do you have any screenshots of them in FPSC?

x1bwork
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "if you would like, i can write you an application that will showcase your media, yet lock it in a packed file, so it can be used.
"

absolutely awsome.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:36:18