Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 2 really big problems that keep me from making games...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 09:20
These are problems that are really annoying and i cant make any good games becuz of them

1. When i put just a couple things in the editor it says runtime 7007 object alredady exists at line something and then it crashes

2. I have really, really, really, low fps rate....

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, Resident Evil!!!
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
whats a frame rate ive been asking but no replys?

if that means game speed then im lucky my cumputer is super fast new i think the guns shoot two fast like 3 empty shell shoot out at once

Silent Hill
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 09:39
frame rate is basically how fast it goes... its the speed or at wich the frames change or something...fps is frames pre second

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 10:05
PureEvil, what are your system stats?
Perhaps, the problem is that you're PURE EVIL!!!

@Lizblizz - 30 FPS is good for a game. I like to make software that runs well at 60 FPS on my computer. That way, I know it will work properly on other systems. Cartoons typically run at 14 FPS, which is as slow as you can go while still looking halfway smooth.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 10:15 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 10:16
actually i dont my system stats... how do i check....
alli know is that its a dual core pentium processor... i got it not very long ago although it does have a sh*tload of wasted MB on stuff i dont even need

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 10:29 Edited at: 12th Apr 2006 13:14
Right click on 'My Computer'. It should be on your desktop.
Click 'Properties'

It will show you something like this...

I put a red rectangle around the system information. Of course, this dialog can't tell you things, like how fabulously talented and sexy I am.

Your video card and video memory are important. That's under Hardware, Hardware Profiles.

Also, spyware running on your system are also important. They can kill performance.

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 10:37 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 05:54
Ya, you need to post you PC spec's so we can tell is its your PC or the software that's giving you your problem, and make sure your not running a bunch of other programs at the same time your running FPSC especially if you have low ram or your PC just meets the minumum requirements to run FPSC , try turning off everything except your firewall and antivirus, then run it and see what happens.

Lizbliz - Frame Per second is basically how many individual images flash accross your screen in a second to make the video or game your watching at the time look real to you, I know you have seen one of those books that if you flip through the pages real fast it looks like the the charater in the book is moving or walking, that should give you an understanding of frames per second the faster you flip the pages the quicker the animation and the more real it looks, A standard NTSC video signal in the US for a TV is 29.97 frames per second @ 240x352 resolution,
DVD is 30 frames per second @ 720x480, UK is 25 Frames per second @288x352 resolution PAL, the faster the fames the more real and clearer the video or game will be, Slow framerates make your games choppy like a strobe light effect, Curtis is right 60 Frames per second is a good frame rate for gaming, the higer the better with games.

Good...Bad...but I'm the guy with the GUN!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 11:20
To get a detailed report on your PC (If you have directX installed), go on Start>Run and type "dxdiag" and press ok!

This will bring up a window with everything you need to know about your system

Your in Gaming,
Dan

Weeee
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2006 20:25
1022 MB RAM memory, intel pentium dual core 2.80 GHZ processor,2080 MB availbale for page file (whatevre that is),DirectX9.0c, Nvidia Gforce 6800 for display,also, i dont have spyware but i have a lot of PuP's... (potentially unwanted programs) would this affect anything?

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 07:43
Rid yourself of the Pups.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 07:50 Edited at: 15th Apr 2006 05:03
Yah, it can if the pup’s are running in the background eating up your system resources, to make sure your not running anything more that needs to be running, click on start from your desktop, then click run, in the run box type in” msconfig” then click ok, this will bring up a small window in the center of your desktop, click on the startup tab, now you will see a list of files with a box with a check mark to the left of each file, uncheck all of the boxes except the ones that have the name of your anti-virus or firewall in them, then click apply , then click close, now windows will ask you to reboot go ahead and reboot, you just turned off all the unnecessary programs that run when your PC boots up, now try running FPSC and see what happens. you still should get rid of the pup's anyway just to be safe,

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 08:52
ok thx guys ill try it now....

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 10:34
Yeah, your computer looks good.

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 10:47
ok i found....wait for it..... wait....just a little longer.... <DRUM ROLL GOES HERE>..... 20 PUP'S!!!! and so i deleted them all (btw thanks for the compliment but i thought i could do with more RAM? +my internet sucks cuz i have to use a linksys... or maybe its just slow becuz it has a mind of its own...)

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 20:20
So is it better now?

Avaric Entertainment
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 21:26
yup its a bit better but i still get the 7007 error, otther then that yeah the fps rate is a lot better. Thanks for help guys!!!

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2006 23:03 Edited at: 14th Apr 2006 05:57
If your still having problems, Try updating your video drivers and audio drivers, and reinstall FPSC to see if that will help also, Your PC spec's look really good, so its probably a software issue, one of the pup's could have courupted one of FPSC's files causing your problems or it could be a video or audio driver problem also, let us know if that helps,
and your welcome.

xgame masterx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 19:57
i can't beleive you didnt know what frame rate is. i knew it at the age of 7

FPSC rules!!!
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 20:32
I can't believe you bumped an old thread just to insult someone.

Avaric Entertainment
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 21:11
I can't believe an FPSC user knows what Frame Rate is at the age of 7... well, few exceptions...

Mommy, the game is slow... well... punch this big box maybe it will speed up.

In other words, don't insult someone with a lie.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 13:31:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 13:31:26