Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Menu Extreme has been the last hope for some developers here! Good news!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 04:33
The biggest problem in this project has been the low framerate. When I did turn off Menu Extreme I had 32fps as usual, and when I did use M.E it dropped down to 27fps (Not acceptable.) now I have found a command that "syncs the framerate" and now the games play at 32fps as it shourld! I only have one problem left, I have to find out how to make the savefiles! If I shourld use .dba files or not. But I dont think this will take sutch a long time! Important is that You know that Menu Extreme is mission based, it means that if You complete a mission You will have acess to the next one.
The REAL good news is that I will sell Menu Extreme if everything goes as expected!!! So now some people here shourld be a little bit more "calm" I hope. For thoose Who dosnt have DB Pro I can compile the files for You. I will tell You folks that the prize of this product is going to be quite high, becouse I will loose alot of time to My Own projects! But this is still abit in the future, first I need a Internet site with Paypal, and then I am ready....
P.S THE SOURCECODE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CAN ONLY BE USED FOR PERSONAL WORK, AND YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO PUBLISH IT HERE ON THE FORUM OR FOR THE PUBLIC! IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE, YOU BREAK THE (C) COPYRIGHT LAW.

Stop listening to rumors! Listen to the truth...
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 05:27
Mr. Love, you are now confusing me...

is this an external program, like menu monster. Or is it an FPSC-Game edit?

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 05:50
This is an external program. But when You compile it, it will be the head program. (I dont think the menu is inside FPSC-Game.exe)
other good things with this program...
- Use AVI movies before, after or anywere in the game
- No loss of speed
- Put in training into the menu! (for a training shoot course.)
- Intro is already standard
- compatible with FPS Pack
If You want to see how the Menu works play the game Delta Force Xtreme (Yes there is where I got the name for Menu Extreme.) It is almost exactly the same kind of Autosave Gamemenu as Menu Extreme! The basic thing is that You have to lock up missions by win them....

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 05:51
Quote: " it will be the head program"

You mean it will run the game without FPSC-Game? That makes it a source mod.

I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 06:03
No It will run in two windows. Otherwise I wourld have sold TGC Property!!!
But it works perfect anyway...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 06:08 Edited at: 17th Apr 2006 06:18
You are confusing me too.
You keep talking about your save/load app but the question I have is that it sounds like in order for your app to work someone would have to either buy dbpro so they can compile their file so it works with your app or submit files to you so you can compile them.
In the first instance dbpro is not cheap.While it is not expensive buying it just to make your app work may not be feasible for developers on a tight budget.
In the latter case submitting your project to someone to compile it may be risky in and of itself.That involves transferring only God knows how much data back and forth and some developers wish to keep their data to themselves until their project is released.
Exactly how long does it take to compile a project?
How much will this cost?
Does this project have any other functions?

P.S.:The title to your post is misleading.There are other options available.I could point them out to you but I am sure you have some idea of what they are.I personally don't care what you post and how you start your threads but some of our other forum members might not be as nice as me.

FLA
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 06:28
Well, You have a right to modify it to what You want ofcourse. The steps You have to take to compile it is this...
- make every level to an .exe file.
- write down the names of Your levels in the sourcecode
- choose a background for the menu
- and move around the buttons to the place were You want them!
- Compile!

You asked for the price. I cant tell You now. But becouse of this I have to buy a new computer! TGC has a right to set any price they want on DBP. And I has a right to set any price I want on Menu Extreme. I cant give You the price yet.....

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 06:31
If You are smart. Use the 30 day trial to compile it!

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 08:03
Uhh... Mr. Love, I think you would be better off with concept such as my Menu Monster, except with a GUI APP for input of data.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 10:11
Quote: "P.S THE SOURCECODE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CAN ONLY BE USED FOR PERSONAL WORK, AND YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO PUBLISH IT HERE ON THE FORUM OR FOR THE PUBLIC! IF YOU BREAK THIS RULE, YOU BREAK THE (C) COPYRIGHT LAW."

Are you talking about the source code for menu extreme? Are you creating it in DB(Pro)? If yes, can it still be used for different without the need of owning DB(Pro)?

Also can I use this menu in a commercial game?

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://www.aeilkema.dds.nl/mega/index.html
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 17th Apr 2006 20:24
Mr. Love, would you like to show me this "copyright law" that is valid only for personal work?
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 00:02
what is the site u got the program from mr.love?

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 03:41
Benjamin A

Hi Benjamin! Well Thoose are quite strong words, but of course You can sell Your games that are made with Menu Extreme! The only thing You cant do is to give away the sourcecode to anyone!

OnePost

I understand what You are worried about Merranvo. FPSC and M.E dont have any direct connections to each! And thats why You think this is going to be impossible to solve, right! I have found a solution to this problem. And it is NOT codes. Everything is death, except compleating the game! It works like a two step rocket, it has a limit but it works! How wourld You solve the problem.

Gamemaker Alex

Ehhh! How do You show someone a Copyright law!! Find it Yourself....

Eureka Seven

The name of the site was WWW.NOOB.COM

Now stop fighting! I am only going to answer serious questions about Menu Extreme here.. NOTHING ELSE!

Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 04:18
Ok listen n00bie you need to watch ur mout all i asked was where you got it cuz i wanted to check it out so chill out man

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 04:46
I have done this program in Darkbasic Pro MYSELF, so You cant download it! And You wont be able to buy it eather!!!!!!!!!

alex 1337
User Banned
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 05:30
Look Mr. Love, all I am saying is that you shouldn't go around saying that you have a copyright on it because you dont. For all I care, I can go and jack other people's work and copyright it to myself.
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 05:43
That's not actually true, at least not in America. I don't know how it is in England.

In America you are granted a copyright as soon as you create something. In legal dispute, you need to provide evidence that you created this thing before the other person did. Most people register their idea/product/invention with the copyright office as a proof that they own the exclusive rights to it.

So I suggest writing to the copyright office and paying the $70 or whatever it is nowadays if you really want to protect your product.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 06:06
Gamemaker alex

LOL! I wasnt angry at You man! Take it easy... In Sweden were I live and in the most western countrys, the copyright sign (c) is for everybody that creates something or writes something. Copyright isnt like register a company or something like that. Everybody has a right to copyright their WORK! And if You break it, You have to pay for it! (Alot of cash or prison.)
I have no probs with You alex (cool name by the way)

op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 06:14
Love man, I still suggest regestering your copyright. Can't hurt.

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 06:19
actually the (c) with out proper legal registering is simple just the letter c with a circle around. it. it may hold up in court but that depends on the country your represented in. do you have any screenshots of this menu extreme program? something would be nice since people have promised things on these forums and have not shown anything.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 06:51
I think it is free at Swedish "Patentverket" to Copyprotect. So I will do it, but as I said, the program is not even finished yet. The most complicated parts I have on paper(!) But I am at least 80% sure that everything will work as expected... (I wont give up until it works, I hope...) Right now it looks pretty boring, just a black background. I have been looking for a cool background on the internet but almost everything is copyrighted! Anyway when I am ready with the technical parts I will make a screenshot from the Main_Menu and from the level_menu. I hope You dont have to wait as long as with Riker 9.........

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 09:04
Maybe should wait to bash Riker 9 again until your unseen,life-changing,amazing application that no has seen a demo,screenshot, or anything else from is actually released.
You claim to have this amazing program but they used to claim professional wrestling was real.
This all started when you bashed Riker 9 on Cellbloc's forum.
The man has 2 jobs and goes to college and still contributes more to the FPSC communtiy than you do.
I wasn't going to bring it up.You did.
Like I have said before I will believe it when I see it.
I have seen Cellbloc's contributions and his posts and therefore I believe what he says.
Now I am going to shut up.
Oh,yeah,Riker 9 has more than just save/load involved.

FLA
We are all noobs at something!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 15:02
Quote: "Oh,yeah,Riker 9 has more than just save/load involved. "

But a lot of us only want save/load features and could life without all of the other features a lot longer.

Save/load is much more essential the all of others. I can even live with FPSC as is. I'm getting great results from my game, but I would love to be able to have some kind of save/load feature.

I don't need all the other features Riker9 promises, although an increased fps would be fine, but even that I can live without.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 17:42
He SAID he has a save/load feature.In case you missed the Riker 9 thread he got on there about a month ago and said he had this amazing save/load thing,etc.
This is at least the third time I have heard Mr. Love say he has the save/load thing but there has not been a demo,a screen and if you read the above posts he has made it isn't really clear what he is talking about.
You have products,scripts,etc.I can find them,download them and use them.
Mr. Love,to my knowledge,has zilch.
I am trying to be nice because this is Mr. Love's thread but he has shown no one anything yet.
If everyone wants to jump on the band wagon just because he says he has something that is fine.
I'm still waiting for Mr. Love to prove he has something.
At least I know Cellbloc knows what he is talking about and he is working with TGC on Riker 9.
Be patient.If you have to wait a little longer that is not a bad thing.As a developer you understand it happens.
You may say those other features aren't important but you will want them anyway since it will allow you more freedom in your game development.
I am still waiting for Mr. Love to show us what he has.

FLA
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 23:35
"The man has 2 jobs and goes to college and still contributes more to the FPSC communtiy than you do.
I wasn't going to bring it up.You did."
Whats wrong with this Guy? I havnt said anything about Cellblock here! What has Cellblock done for this community, exept writing stuff??? What have You done for this community, except being mean to People that are trying to solve a quite difficult problem?
"You have products,scripts,etc.I can find them,download them and use them." (How download scripts that I have done?)
Well, fine then You shourldnt have any problems to make Your own Menu-System with Save and Load!!!
"He said he had this amazing save/load thing,etc."
I have never used the word "amazing" "Great" or anything like that! I have been hounest all the time and said it has limits, couse Menu Extreme isnt written in the FPSC-GAME.EXE sourcecode...
Its fine to Me If You dont belive that Menu Extreme exist, This kind of talk dont make Me more inspired to work harder.....

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2006 23:59
I has returned, I don't want to crash your little praise CB party, but most of the points you do accuse Mr Love of, are just as valid for CB and his Riker9, besides since when is TGC working on Riker9 also?

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 01:52
Well, fine then You shourldnt have any problems to make Your own Menu-System with Save and Load!!!
Fine then... storms out of the thread.

Ben A, as I understand U6 is not compatable with V1, so some source code needs to be changed to get it working. But as for CB not releasing fast... I can only reply that my faith in how much has been done is now in question.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 02:36
Be hounest Merran OnePost, I think that You think that It is impossible to make a Load/Autosave program that are standalone from FPSC. Am I right? I will use emty DBP exefiles after the gamelevels, so I can recognise the end of the levels, Im sure this will work but if not, I have a plan B that is foolprof! By the way Merr OnePost You have something I want! I also want to be a good AI programmer, I have a proposal for You! Make an AI Pack and sell it on My "NotYetExistingSite" Make 10 AI personalities and sell it as a pack! I know that a lot of people wourld buy it....

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 02:42 Edited at: 19th Apr 2006 02:42
lol...

Technically, I only 'bore' the name merranvo for a little while...

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 02:47
I liked Merranvo better Man! Take it back, Dont say it was a dream everything!??

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 03:00
Hey OnePost! I wourld like to download Your Menu-Program You did along time ago. Are there no site anymore that has it for download? By the way, Why dont FPSC UNIVERSE site exist anymore??? It was a good site...

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 06:24
Hmm, That Guy never answers! To everybody else here I can present that I might post a screenshot on monday or at least next week on Menu Extreme. I am working on the Level_Menu right now becouse the Main_Menu is ready for use. I have been testing it with with some testgames and it works perfect! New features when I sell Menu Extreme will be 4 short "games" included with the program, just so everybody can se how it works. I will also give everybody a short manual that describes exactly how to use the program! So even the most stupied person can use it without problems. (If plan A works! ) See ya folks!!! (on monday...)

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 07:09
The program you are probably looking for is called the arnec menu.At least I think it is.Only the artist formerly known as Merravano would know for sure.
I will say this.I will be interested to see your solution.

FLA
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 07:22
*cough* onepost *cough*

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 07:52
What did You meant with that Bloodeath??! (Go to a doctor!)

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 07:58
All of this,let look like menuExtreme doesnt excist,no screenshots,no website NOTHING AT ALL.

so just show us the proof that it excists.

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 08:06 Edited at: 19th Apr 2006 08:07
I has returned...

MenuMonster, I released it in a zip that had a demo of the Arnec Menu...

You see... merranvo was banned the instant he came here. It was I, onepost, who gave you all these leet marvels...

(okay, I am bringing my joke a little too far)

And MR. Love, I have it in the FAQ... somewhere, the question is about the user changing his keys. Search for Monster and that should lead you to it.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 10:43
Mr Love:

"I am working on the Level_Menu right now becouse the Main_Menu is ready for use. I have been testing it with with some testgames and it works perfect!"

Sorry for this! I was very tired 05:24. Not the best time to write something like this!

Silver the lord of Nothing:
"just show us the proof that it excists."

I cant, because it dosnt exist - It was an April 17 joke!!!

Merranvo:
Can You explain exactly how the setup.ini file can save and load games? Perhaps it can execute levels but can it really save games? Did You mean save levels or save the game in the middle of a game?
(GIVE US THE PROOF MERRANVO J.K!)
Nice that You are back, I dont like the newbies here... I had that menu for a while, but I didnt test it. What exactly did it do exept being a menu and change buttons?

For crying out loud, I miss the old times at this forum when people did know what they where talking about. Now it is only 15 years old brats here, and they all have bought FPSC at Wall Mart.... (It Sucks!)
(Tobacco isnt good for Your health Socialstyrelsen)

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 15:50
Why people dont stop with this fu**ing aprils joke...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 19:10 Edited at: 19th Apr 2006 19:12
Mr. Love,
Please don't post any more of your stupidity.

FLA
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 19:54
Quote: "Can You explain exactly how the setup.ini file can save and load games? "

He can't because it will not work. You cannot even modify the load order of your levels through the setup.ini file.

Typicaly the setup.ini file looks something like this at the end of the file:

According to OnePost you can just swap the levelfpm file around and then your game would load in a different level order. This is completely nonsense. All of the lines with levelfpm are completely redundant. You can swap them, even take them out and it will have no influense on the game at all or on the way levels are being loaded.

Just check the lines more careful, they point to .fpm map located in the mapbank folder. This folder and file do not exsist at all when the game is build. Before you try it, creating the folder and placing the files in it will not do anything either.

Loading files is don eby the engine internally, ti just loads the next levelxxxx.zip file. You could rename those, that works fine.

As for the levelfpi file, that order is actually controlled by the setup.ini file. But not the loading order of the levels, for some reason they made the setting in the ini file redundant.

It's all big talk with no proof, because it's nonsense. By now, as far as I'm concerned most of OnePost's claims are nonsense, he's making to many wild claims with no proof or he quickly edits his posts after he's been proven wrong. This is what makes me question if Riker9 is valid, since he makes many claims about what Riker9 can do also. I'm hoping my feelings are wrong and I still do trust CB.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 20:59
LOL! It dosnt exist. Because its not ready yet. Just wanted to scare You Guys, You will get a screenshot on monday or at least next week. I just have to buy a usb memory so I can get the pictures from My PC!

Zizaco:

LOL!!! It was a joke, it does exist...

I has returned:

"Please don't post any more of your stupidity."

Same to You buddy!

But I do have to take preorders later, so I can see if there are any intrest for this program at all. At least 8-10 preorders is a minimum. Otherwise it is no idea to start up some buisness of this...

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 21:38 Edited at: 19th Apr 2006 22:03
Edit Post:
This thread isn't worth my time.

FLA
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 22:04
Dont put words into other peoples mouth Sir! Im afraid You cant talk for EVERYBODY here just for YOURSELF! And once again I have never used the word app! I use the word autosave-program that means that You only needs a load-button... Great buy a modelpack instead. I assure You I wont cry for it. By the way I think Menu Extreme will be to expensive for You anyway, so go and buy that modelpack instead!

And once again! LET PEOPLE SPEAK FOR THEMSELFES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2006 22:11
Why did You remove Your post! Said something You did regret?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 01:14
I regret that I ever wasted time posting in your thread.
I regret that you have no save/load app as you claim.
The FPSC community could have used it.
I regret that the mods have not locked this thread.
I don't regret what I said when I edited my post.
I just don't feel like wasting my time.

FLA
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 02:00
1. First You were angry at me for not selling My Program. Now I do!!
2. After that You were angry cause I didnt showed You a screenshot! Now I will do that...
3. I just LOVE Americans!!!

Duke Blue Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 02:06 Edited at: 20th Apr 2006 02:06
@Mr Love
America is the best country in the world at basically everything...that's a fact
so i don't understand how you can hate Americans
no need for prejudice on these forums anyway

Visit the official Chicago Rush website
http://chicagorush.servegame.com/index.php
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 02:27
You're not selling anything.
You have nothing to sell.
You say you have a program.
You say all sorts of things.
If you hate me hate me because I won't blindly believe something just because you say it.
Not all Americans are like me.
There are very few people like me.
I am not concerned about your opinion of me.
This discussion is over.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Mr. Love,you have no ammo.
I will wait for Riker 9.Or I will find a way around it.
I don't need your program.
There are plenty of forum members with apps that I can purchase.
You've lost your first customer and you don't have anything to sell yet.

FLA
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2006 03:32
No, Europe is best at almost everything! I dont hate Americans!!! I just think they are funny, the big problem with some of them is that they missunderstands things on purpose! I dont think that is hounest! (That came frome the heart...) But most of them I LOVE!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:22:41