Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / .dbo and .bin formats?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I make .dbo and .bin formats for models?
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
hello?
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 05:35
Why would you want to make binary model files?

You make the model in some kind of modelling application. Export it as .X or .3DS, and use a converter to convert it into .DBO.

Doom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 07:08
linux binary maybe? and bno? you can use that format in fpsc?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th May 2006 07:45
FragMotion export DBO!

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 07:45
If you make a model properly and import it into FPSC then run a test game with it in there it should make those files for you although they are unnecessary to actually have.A model only need an .x file,an FPE file and a texture.

FLa
Where you can find my demo:http://www.savefile.com/files/6970524
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
ok
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
Would Milkshape make models that FPS Creator can use?
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 22:32
You don't need to create these yourself. The bin file has nothing to do with the model, itis created from the .fpe file and the .dbo file from the .x file. Both of these files .bin and .dbo are created by the FPSC engine.

All you need to do is model your model in a modeling application and export it as directx model .x and create a .fpe that goes with the model. The .fpe file can be created with a notepad application and contains all the info the engine needs to know what to with the model. You can look at the .fpe files included with FPSC to get an idea how they do work.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
K Jah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2006 23:58
Yes Milkshape would make models you can use in FPSC.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 02:27 Edited at: 8th May 2006 02:30
*Edit* sorry for double post, my internet connection is lagging bad at the moment.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2006 02:29 Edited at: 8th May 2006 02:32
The bin file has everything to do with the model. also the .dbo file can be created in another program and utilized in FPSC to do such things as importing a model that you have lightmapped in another program. so far the only program that I know of that does this is 3DWS. and yes if you light your building and then export it as a .dbo file it will create a series of lightmap bitmaps that you can add to your built game entity folder and the root FPSC root folder. This object will show up in the game pre-lit. there are a few things you have to remember when doing this. you will also need to export the item as an .x file as well. now back to the .bin file. when the engine reads the .x file for the first time it creates a working file of the .x file. this is the .bin file. notice in the built folder you will not have the .x file for your entity, thats because the engine is reading the bin file. now back to the things you should keep in mind when creating the.dbo file

1) when you export the file as a .dbo remember to export it as a .x file as well. When you create the .fpe file leave the texturing information blank, this will force the engine to call on the .x file for the texturing information (the .dbo file is generally created off of this informaiton the first time you place the object) since you have already created the .dbo file the engine will not create another one. the engine will read the .x file and the .dbo file that you have created to give you the final visual model that you have created, Thus giving you the .bin and the .dbo (the one you exported) the final build game has in it's entity/user folder. remember that unless you UVmap the object with the textures it can only be used as a Dynamic entity. if you chose Static it will show no texturing at all.

I hoped this helped you.

RF

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 15:21:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 15:21:27