Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What type of computer?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 19:16
I was wondering what type of computer should I get that would be able to hold fps creator,and milkshape. The computer I am using right now is being used by me and my roommate and it lags very much so I just want to get a computer for my self.
Any sugestions.

P.s. I hve a laptop and two copies of fps creator but I do need a desctop computer.

Hollywood

Wow, are you famous or something?.........Just because I am from Hollywood doesn't mean I am famous...or am I from Hollywood..... am I famous?
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 20:19
Oh ya, got the bucks? I would get this one.

Enjoy today as Yesterday is gone and Tomorrow may never come!
Get your talking Head.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Hollywood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 21:05
I need a desk top computer not a lap top. Any sugestions

P.s. I do have the money so go as high as you want on any desk top computer.

Hollywood

Wow, are you famous or something?.........Just because I am from Hollywood doesn't mean I am famous...or am I from Hollywood..... am I famous?
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 21:09
get an alienware desktop they are really high spec.

http://www.alienware.co.uk/Product_Pages/desktop_all_gaming.aspx

Thats what I would do if I had the money.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 21:13
An Alienware high end system would be overkill for just FPSC and milkshape, but if you've got the money, then yeah.

Crazy Grandpa
Hollywood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 21:20 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2006 21:21
Cool. Might just get it.

P.s. what about something that isn't overkill.

Hollywood

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 21:35
From what I heard from DBP Land. Alienware is all name and no game, sure it works good but by no means is the fancy case worth the price. My suggestion, just upgrade your laptop. Add in more memory and replace the processor with a higher one, of course there may be some issue with the bios and such.

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
ReNZor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2006 21:48 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2006 21:48
alienware the best
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
MR useless
Years of Service
User Offline
if you dont have that much money emachianse are the best bang for the money, the meet all the recomended requrments for fpsc and start at 499 without moniter, and the beter version wich is similer in spects to the low end alien wear cost 799.
you should check them out with experince on both i found that if you going to buy an alien were get a warenty and the liquid coling, (my died from heat), as far a emachiens i just got one, it work good but i had to send it back becuse somthing was busted intenaly and i could not get on the internet, but emachines defintly take the cake for power. and stabilty.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 11:28
I am glad you spent th4 money on alienware, though in the future you might want to build your own system. You will save a few bucks and have a really nice system. I would stay away from all prebuilt machines. Merranvo stated it best
Quote: "Alienware is all name and no game"
do yourself a favor and build your next PC.

Encluded is screenshot of a pc that would hold up quite well.

RF

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 12:11 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 12:12
I don't know where the opinion that Alienware systems arn't good came from. I know I'm not saying that about my shiny new Quad-SLI ALX with PhysX PPU Alienware. I love it to death!

That doesn't mean they arn't expensive as hell--they are, but for what you can get, they're more than worth it. It's fairly easy to upgrade too.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 13:17 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 13:17
Thats nice. I just figure to build my own machine for half the cost and still get the same output. I doubt even half of the people on here know what all the tech spec info on a computer actually means. If they did people would realise that you can sacrifice some things and beef up other things and get the same output or productivity that you would have achieved if you would have spent the high dollars on some of the hardware.

RF

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 13:27
I'll admit that that is very true, Reality Forgotten.

My last PC was custom built, as was the one before that. I just sort of felt like going on a bit of a splurge after winning several grand in the lottery .

But yeah, I do agree. When doing things custom, you really need to know what is the best "bang for your buck", and you're right.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 20:25
RF is right, Alien Ware is but a name and their systems cost more then needed. They work, do the job, but is not worth it; expecally if you know how to throw a few cards together in a cheap case you got for $10... although if you want to spend the money on the pretty case go ahead.

The issue that occurs is if you don't know parts... I admit I don't fully understand all the technicallitys that go on there... For instance, I bought this laptop with the concept that I could upgrade it... well the bios is apearantly screwed up wouldn't let me use a new HD or RAM Upgrade so I am pretty much stuck with it as is...

/Rant

We all have our inner noob. Join the NJL, and have more fun!
I believe society is flawed; our notions on life, on child rearing, stem too far back to be of relevance in this day and time.
Me Self
Years of Service
User Offline
i bought the 1700 dollar Alienware computer

Quote: "if you dont have that much money emachianse are the best bang for the money, the meet all the recomended requrments for fpsc and start at 499 without moniter, and the beter version wich is similer in spects to the low end alien wear cost 799. "
and its Ware
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 20:41 Edited at: 5th Jun 2006 20:43
Good points all, but let me summarize if I may.

Alienware is not junk in a pretty case. They know how to put quality components together in tested configurations for people who don't know how. There is value in that knowledge and assembly. Their cases are pretty, yes, but they are also designed for ease of use and superior cooling.

It's true that if you know what you are doing, you can build your own high end system for less money, but if you are using quality components, you really don't save that much. I'm not talking about numbers, I'm talking about quality components. For example, the difference between a Maxtor HDD and a Seagate HDD (and I really don't want to start a discussion on who makes a better what).

So if your not a hardware genius, and you want a good gaming system with a warranty, you can do a lot worse that an Alienware system.

EDIT: No, I don't own one. I design and build business systems for a living.

Crazy Grandpa
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 21:58
Now this is cool a discussion that has stayed peacfull.

You all have great points; it all boils down to the user. if you want to spend the money then go for it, but remember to look at all options presented to you before you decide on a system.

RF

-- Winston Churchill
Hollywood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2006 22:30
Thanks all I ended up building my own computer with some help from a very wise freind. I ordered all the parts and they should be here soon. I know I have three computers already but I am giving my other one to my Girl and the other to my room mate. So I now have two computers my laptop and the one in the building procress. Thanks all again for all you coments and for not making this discussion turn out to be a big argument.

Hollywood

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 19:21:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 19:21:47