Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The theme for the next level design contest

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2006 13:08
Higgins is right; he said 7 was a good number that seems to retain a decent framerate (which will affect gameplay, and therefore your score).

-Keith

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 01:55
Ive been thinking and I would like to go back on what I said a while back, I would really like to design my own level, so could it be allowed?

As in build a level in a 3d modelling program and use it in fpsc as the level?

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 04:35
Good theme Higgins! Now People finally will learn how to spawn enemys! (Me Included.)

Menu Extreme! The answer to Your save & load problem...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 10:21
It is an FPSC level design competition and the level has to be designed in FPSC.This was discussed during the last level design competition and it was agreed there would be little point in having an FPSC level design competition if you designed it with a world editing program and imported it into FPSC.
VP (or whatever you call yourself these days),e-mail me so I can verify you want to give those prizes away.As far as I know all of the judges from the last competition are going to be judges again.If not I have an alternate judge or two ready.

Let's go over the rules real quick.There aren't too many so it shouldn't be too hard.
1. It must be one level (meaning start to end.You can have as many floors as you want).
2. It must be in the form of an .exe.Some of the judges don't have FPSC on their pcs and they will not be able to compile an .fpm file.
3. It must be uploaded to Ozark Games.Contact Just One Old Man when you are done with your level and wish to upload it.
4. No stealing,cheating,etc.You will get caught and you will be disqualified.
5. The level itself must be made in FPSC.
6. There are no media restrictions that I am aware of.Use whatever you like and you don't have to release it to the community.Make sure you have a license to use it...again,no stealing,etc.
7. Any attempt to erase,delete or edit another person's entry will result in an immediate disqualification.
Higgins came up with a "wave" theme for the level this time and you can read more about that in his post above.

I will let Keith post on what the judges will be looking for when they play the levels and what criteria they will judge them on.

As soon as I verify some of the prizes I will post a complete prize list.

Good luck.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 17:47
Fred, what about building my own segments so I get what I want?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2006 18:20
You can build your own segments.I generally do that anyways.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 10:34 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 10:46
Uh, the download size is in mind. Most small games i make generally end up being around 100MB. Can i post just the level? I am assuming I can.

[EDIT] Screw it, heres a quick one I just made. If I am allowd to update it, I might update it later, but for now, I sit back and lmao.

I finally have a NEW computer!!!
Windows XP Pro, AMD Athlon 64-BIT Processor, ATI Radeon Graphics, Windows Vista compatable, DirectX 9.0c, 2 Hard Drives, 6 Extra Drives, etc. etc.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 11:00
You are going to have to upload an .exe.That is a built game.You can compress the game folder and upload it,use an installer or FPSPack or however you want to do it.I personally use FPSPack and then compress my file anyway.
If you get in touch with Just One Old Man at Ozark Games he will give you instructions to upload it there.
An .fpm file will not work.Some of the judges don't have FPSC and if you use anything but stock media it will not be there when the level is compiled by someone else.
Heck,You might be able to upload the game folder as is with all of the info in it but it would make it easier on everybody including you if you compressed it in some way.
You have to upload the full level you made (not an .fpm) and you have to upload it to Ozark Games as per Just One Old Man.
All of the levels have to be kept in one place so they can be found.
I don't know why we have had a rash of people posting their .fpm files lately.They are almost useless without the media.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 11:07
Yeah, I just read the 2nd page (I read the 1st, and 3rd, but not the 2nd? :S). Well, I'm out then, (I only have a 56K dial-up connection).

I'll see how much I can compress a compiled game, without destroying the file. Then maybe i'll be back in

Windows XP Pro, AMD Athlon 64-BIT Processor, ATI Radeon Graphics, Windows Vista compatable, DirectX 9.0c, 2 Hard Drives, 6 Extra Drives, etc. etc.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 12:55 Edited at: 7th Jul 2006 22:56
My Game is done
And uploaded++++

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2006 13:57
Then contact Just One Old Man at Ozark Games and he will make arrangements for you to upload it.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 08:33
Quote: "only person that you can be sure knows how to do a "Swam" level is you"

I know about swarm games...

anyways... when we submit our entries are they cupposed to be in the level, or a full built game format?

Read my profile to learn about all my wierd fanaticacies...

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 09:04
Full built, i'm compressing mine right now.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 09:04
full built .exe

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 17:57
thank you for clearing that up. I was going to have a swarm level in my next game anyways, so this works out for me!

Read my profile to learn about all my wierd fanaticacies...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 14:56
We need to make an official Sticky post about this real soon now.

-Keith

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 15:26
I thought this was the official sticky...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 04:41
Nope; I mean one that lays everything out (including proposed prizes), and is locked.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 14:28
Please visit this thread for all the Official Rules/Details. Thankyou.

-Keith

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 15:18
Is there any way that whoever put the link at the top could redirect it to the new thread?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 01:34:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 01:34:03