Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Slight Prob, is this normal

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
in test game mode , only 3 of the enemys act to script,
i tryed 2x enemys on chase , and 2 enemys on home script but i have noticed only 3 at a time will follow script, kill 1 enemy and the 4th will jump in to action.

is this just in test game or does this happen to everyone fpsc?

thanks
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 15:11
If you want more enemies to interact you have to rightclick on them and set alwas active to yes. The thing you describe is some kind of "safety hatch" so you dont get frame drops by hving too much enemies to act at once.

Dont forget to visit my website for scripts!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 20:49
well, thats the point, if all of them are set to always active in a level, you get major slowdowns. Its better to set up trigger zones, but still, even with trigger zones, i was only able to activate 8 enemies at once.

2.4 Ghz P4 (non HT) Processor, 768 MB of (266 Mhz) RAM
EVGA GeForce 5700FX LE, (256 MB, 250 Mhz Core, 400 Mhz Memory)
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2006 22:15 Edited at: 13th Jul 2006 22:16
Points are valid.

Setting enemies to Always Active is not a good idea unless you have plenty of free available fps to spare.

I am unsure exactly if Always Active works as it is intended anyway and there are certainly issues attached to it if switched on or not.

If enemies have a line of sight to the player they will be Always Active anyway and will always move to attack the player from any distance across the FPSC world in my experience. Distance itself does not deter them. This may depend upon what script is attached to them.

In theory enemies should not be able to see through walls and should remain as inert to the player until they see the player - in reality that may not be the case in all instances as the engine can see erratically through walls and around corners in certain instances.

Its a complex subject for sure.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 08:30
thats why i said you should use a trigger zone.

2.4 Ghz P4 (non HT) Processor, 768 MB of (266 Mhz) RAM
EVGA GeForce 5700FX LE, (256 MB, 250 Mhz Core, 400 Mhz Memory)
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2006 23:58
Turning physics off (for the enemy entity) makes more of them interact and they tend to actually notice you properly. That's what I do.

Get Decal Maker now and make your own decals for FPSC as easy as clicking your mouse!
Click Here!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 00:31
I do that as well. I also find that because they tend to react towards you as they should they appear more aggressive in the long run.

RF

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh great, not edited any game chars yet, i was just messing about with a big room to see how the scripts effect the chars,
i see the golden rule is to only do this when ur triggering in situations where player has to kill the enemy to proceed.

thanks again guys, people round here are really helpfull
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 07:45
Another thing that might help is if you have more than one enemy in an area if you try giving them different AI scripts.

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
i been messing with the allways active :yes , some cases can make the enemy act dumb , ie for testing i use thug granade, & ss machinegun with rate of fire 120 ,, thugs would throw nade like fountain anyware on maps while spawning ss behind buildning to follow waypoint i could only see flashing as they was tryng to shoot me through building .
But placeing them in right place will work well,

i do like the home script, can it be edited to make enemy shoot at longer range ?

FredP, il hold my hand up and admit ermmm im trying to make a decent wave attack for the comp u guys got going hence the chase n home scripts ,, i want them coming at ya
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 21:21
I think chase script as a shoot script does same thing as home script as a main script. Only thing is that with chase script enemy shoots when it gets close enough.

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 01:32:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 01:32:48