Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Is FPSC dead??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
After tinkering with FSPC on and off for months I've come to the conclusion that V1 is not good enough to produce games that would sell for even £5.

More, it needs drastically to be improved and have features which most game developers consider as basic requirements.

I've posted suggestions in the Suggestions forum.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 12:27
I am sure there are people who will disagree with you.I am one of them.
Have you tried playing the Commander Josh demo or The Undead game?
I myself have made a few demo levels with rain and snow,smoke and fire effects,full lightmapping,etc.
Project Luna is shaping up to be a masterpiece.
When it comes to racing it is the driver not the car.
So it is with FPSC.It is the developer and not the engine.
Quite a few people (including myself) are in the process of developing games and it takes a lot of time and patience to make a good game.
And a lot of the issues in FPSC can be overcome with a little ingenuity and/or innovation.
If pushing doesn't work then try pulling.
No,FPSC isn't dead.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 13:16
MOST game developers code their games, when you buy a drag and drop game creation package do not be surprised by the lack of AA pro features being thrown at you.

Some people who actually program their games, do so for free - if we all tried to make games to sell for £5, then this forum would be a pit, I'd certainly not hang around. If we can release games for free after all the work we put in - then comments like that £5 one just burn us.

Seriously, if you bought FPSC in the hope to sell games and make money, then your very welcome back in about 10 years, because that's how long it tends to take before you can expect learn enough skills to make any money.

When you rely on something like FPSC, you have to be patient, and you have to bend those rules yourself by knowing the product inside and out. I might as well go and complain about the lack of features in SEUCK, which is like FPSC for the late 80's, we had no forum to complain to so ended up just making do, and making cool little games in an evening was and still is the whole point of these packages.

FPSC puts you guys in kinda the same position as I was with SEUCK, able to design and distribute your own game in one little package - I used to make compilations of SEUCK games for mates at school - charging £5 is something commonly tacked on to justify the time spent. Once you finish a game, the rewards beyond financial become apparent.

Aegrescit medendo
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 13:31
I dont agree! Set the Sierra team on FPSC and they will make an awesome game!!! FPSC is a indoor engine and thats sad. But You can still make games in Half Life 1 style! If You just can do the models and graphic effects. You can also implement talk with allies, even if the allies cant fight... But Gordon Freeman was pretty alone Himself too!!! You can do a game that has AAA standard now when the sourcecode is freeware... Its just a matter of resourses!
But some things must be better...
- Bigger World (I think this is most important.)
- Better AI (TGCs AI Scripts are not good. Not even close to AAA games!)
- Be able to use Your own maps.. (I didnt buy World Builder from TGC, Im happy about it!!!)
- Save & Load (I can save and lockup levels, but an engine like FPSC shourld have save & load!!!)

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Glog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 13:34
i think there is good and bad game conception softwares ...

click and play was great !

the 3d game makers was limitated ...

- pre-defined gameplay styles , no possibility to "create" anything
appart changing defined variables

- tile based engine , quite working , but the tiles were too BIG
to make any level design possible , the game maps were very boring

- hard possibilities to import/export 3d footage ( at the time , don't know now ) , very basic model library

so what about this tool ? i'm sure that the db guys have learnt from those mistakes ! is this tool AS limitated as T3DGM ??

the problem is ALWAYS the same : the size of the tiles
big tiles : little creation potential
litle tiles : huge creation potential
the size of the tiles , think about it men

and what about THIS tool ? i don't know , but if there is any way to add " scripted " or coded things , this tool should be worsty

A program is sensed to be a conventional mean to give orders to a computer and not being obscure,weird,and full of traps ,that is closer to magic stuff (Dave Small).
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 13:45
The sierra team would know the possibilities with just a quick mess around, they might throw a small game together but really they'd recognise what to 'not bother' asking for.

Like the grid system. I use a very similar system, like that's a 100x100x100 block, keeps everything scaled and sensible. But the factor here is editing, FPSC has nice quick level creation because your usually working on the grid - move outside the grid constraints and FPSC suddenly takes an extra 18 months to develop.

There's always reasons for this stuff. It was either a grid, or have 99% of peoples projects look like crud - nobody should have to learn 3D modelling to use FPSC, but that would have been the situation.

Aegrescit medendo
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 13:51
You mean lower the camera.. Right??? Well You can build Your own walls today so why not......

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 14:35 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 14:36
Quote: "Project Luna is shaping up to be a masterpiece."

Wow! Thank you, Fred! That's the kind of appreciation that makes all this worth it.

Which gets me to my point.

I'd like to see just how many people bought FPSC purely because they wanted to make money--please raise your hand if you did. See, I don't even need to find out if you did because I know as many hands are in the air right now as I can see at the moment; none.

FPSC is not made for commercial independent game-making; it's just not. That said, it's still possible, but TGC never has and never will advertise it as a scape goat to get into the game making world.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 14:41
I dont agree, because I can make good stuff with fpsc. My current level for the level design contest is great.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Not everyone is interested in making free games, I bought FPSC to try to create a really cool game and make money with it, that's why I paid money for FPSC and one of the marketing that TGC pushed.

So when's the next update and what will it feature?
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 14:59
Quote: "I bought FPSC to try to create a really cool game and make money with it"

Then you should have looked around other places first. It's not a marketing view that TGC pushed--saying that you're allowed to sell your games commercially is different to saying "You can make commercial quality games with FPSC!".

Quote: "So when's the next update and what will it feature?"

Groan. If I had a nickel for every time I heard that. The answer? We don't know when. What will it feature? TGC have stated many times that it prefers not to divulge in any possible or probable inclusions in any of its products or updates--it's much worse to have people get angry about them saying it will include something it doesn't then have them get angry at no information.

But back to the previous comment, FPSC was designed to be easy. The harder you work for something, the better and more satisfactory the result will be. It's definitive. If you truly want to make money from game making, invest in learning a programming language. You can still make a "really cool game", even a commercial quality game, but realise that you need to work hard for it, especially in FPSC. There's some form of work-around for most bugs present in FPSC, you just have to be creative.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:00
Quote: "I'd like to see just how many people bought FPSC purely because they wanted to make money--please raise your hand if you did. See, I don't even need to find out if you did because I know as many hands are in the air right now as I can see at the moment; none."

Are you sure?

If it took longer than 15 minutes for that to be disproven then I might consider it. I know how lofty these guys can get, when they see FPSC they see it as a bright idea nobody else ever had, even if I only sold 8 copies at £5, it would still pay for the investment. FPSC is not an investment, it's a game creation package that won't build your castle nor make your dreams come true.

Aegrescit medendo
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:03
Well, I wasn't speaking literally, or actually thinking about what I was saying when I said that. What I suppose you could say I meant, though, was that, upon thorough research, you would assume that most people would come to the conclusion that FPSC isn't exactly going to make you $1 million.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:12
Quote: "After tinkering with FSPC on and off for months I've come to the conclusion that V1 is not good enough to produce games that would sell for even £5.
"

I'm sorry to hear that, but it is the norm. Most people will never get anywhere with this software. They will never get anywhere with any game software because they either can't or won't put in the time and work it takes to make a game. It was a fun thought but it's just too much work, even for a drag and drop engine. The old 'it won't do this and it won't do that' excuse is more and more transparent.

Others will push this software to the limit, and I am already starting to see things that I would not have thought possible. Some of the level design and modeling I've seen here is first rate, and I really believe that in due time, someone will put it all together and show what can be done. As other have already stated; no one person, or team for that matter, can put together a good game in a matter of months.

Crazy Grandpa
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Look guys I just don't see the point in TGC not making FPSC better as a matter of priority, that would be good for us your customers and you would sell more licenses, updates, model packs etc.

To be frank there are many free games available on the Internet, I did not buy FPSC to waste my time creating free software!

I did not expect to make a million dollars but surely beer money, right now that cannot realistically be achieved with FPSC.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:17
"FPSC isn't exactly going to make you $1 million."

Well, not if You use the basic media as You seems to do...

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:21
Your foolish to believe you will sell lots of copies of a game you made with fpsc. I see it as a game you would buy, but it makes you create the game. I mean you can earn some money from it, but making games is not the only way to make money. You can model and sell a pack to the public.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive just got into FPS and think its great,its the person who use the tools and not the tools themself that make great game's.

A good game is not just about how good the graphics is,look at many of today games that have awesome graphics but no game play.

I think its not dead because new people like myself are getting into it and i see many people on here making some great games.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:27
Quote: "Your foolish to believe you will sell lots of copies of a game you made with fpsc."

Excellent point. No one thought ahead to the other things involved with making the million dollars. Production, advertising, wharehousing, distribution...etc...

Crazy Grandpa
HandK
Years of Service
User Offline
I didnt buy FPSC as a tool to make saleable games from. I bought it to use as an educational tool. If I realy wanted to make a saleable game I would MOD halflife.

Even if FPSC doesnt ever get a patch or upgrade, what it is, it still is. Its a way to teach concept programming. Look at how many users here talk about using it at camp.

About the only thing I would have added to V1. (Asside from fixing things), is to include a script editor in the package, or a million more scripts

As an aside, I was forum trawling and I found a thread conversation between Mavolio and Uman, in which it was said that you can only have 200 scripts in the file directories. (Irrelevent of if you are using 200 or not), can anyone confirm this, as the thread is old and locked.

H&K
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:43
I thought TGC had said an update was due soon (within the next 4 weeks).

AE

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:44
Your foolish to believe you will sell lots of copies of a game you made with fpsc.

Maybe His brother works for DICE.....
LOL!!!

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:51
I thought DICE Debanded, or are they the publishers of the old company, Bull Frog?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 16:55
http://global.dice.se/

Crazy Grandpa
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 17:00
LOL! Maybe also.. But they are most famous for making Battlefield2, 1942, Vietnam, Enemy Territory ETC, ETC... Well, they make them for EA. Its a Swedish company and they are placed in Stockholm...

dennisb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 17:36
I don't see any reason you can't make a game that makes you some money from fps creator. I think if you have the talent and know how you can do it. I wish I could make bigger levels and I wish the levels loaded faster, but I am assuming they will improve that. But overall fpsc is a really good package at a great price. I think if you made a game that is good you can at least make some beer money.

Dennis The Frogman
www.3dfrog.com
Zerodin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 18:48 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 18:49
Yeah this is lightyears ahead of say Pie in the Sky GCS, they really did leave their customers high and dry! I know, I was one of em! I could easily make a sellable game with this program!

"Mushrooms, Snakes, and you!" the selfhelp book for badgers
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Avenging Eagle where did you read that? Thanks.
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
I find it sad that people are getting more and more lazy on these forums. Let this be clear no one or any tool for that matter is going to make a sellable game for you(unless of course your paying a game of professional programmers,artists, musicians alot of money to make it for you). My recomandation to you Komet is to stop complaining over what FPScreator isnt doing for you and start finding ways to make it work for you.I don't use FPScreator but I do use darkbasic profesional and c++.ill tell you for one thing is that when I started with DB I was expecting to make a game relatively quickly and easily.(not for money though)But quickly found out it was a tool much like the many SDK's I have tried in the past. But it was easier once I got used to it and now I have been able with a lot of hardwork and time.To begin to have a playable game engine. Though not even nearly complete as a game.Its something that I worked hard on and now im working on the larger goal of making it a complete game. Which probaly won't happen but I do have somthing to show for it.there are tools to do everything you want to do and im quite serious.You just have to choose one thats right for you. Stick with it and work on a few small projects and use what youve learned in a larger project.whether its a programing language or a drag and drop type program like FPScreator. Workhard and be patient as you even have the ability to change the fpscreator sourcecode! What else do you want. There's only so much the people here can tell you the rest is for you to try.Goodluck
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 21:00 Edited at: 27th Jul 2006 21:04
Quote: "FPSC is not an investment, it's a game creation package that won't build your castle nor make your dreams come true."

I disagree Van B
FPSC can make dreams come true, it just depends on the dreamer.
As far as being an investment, I would say it depends on the definition.
It is an investment if you believe that Webster's was close in saying...
INVESTMENT - an investing of money, time, etc. to get something in return.

I have invested my money and time to get the self-satisfaction of making my idea become a playable game.
..and it was well worth it.

Quote: "I'd like to see just how many people bought FPSC purely because they wanted to make money--please raise your hand if you did. See, I don't even need to find out if you did because I know as many hands are in the air right now as I can see at the moment; none."

My hand would be up if you hadn't included the word 'purely'!
I bought FPSC for many reasons.
When TGC said that I could market my games commercially, I saw dollar signs.
Only because I knew that people will buy whatever is put in front of them with the right sales pitch.
I was worried more about my creative abilities more than I was concerned with the capabilities of the engine.
Did I expect to get rich? No, but I knew I would have fun either way.

Quote: "It is the developer and not the engine.
Quite a few people (including myself) are in the process of developing games and it takes a lot of time and patience to make a good game.
And a lot of the issues in FPSC can be overcome with a little ingenuity and/or innovation.
If pushing doesn't work then try pulling."

Well said, Fred.
I can't disagree with that.

Quote: "Is FPSC dead??"

Still in it's 1st year of the first version; this is only the beginning.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 21:18
HandK,

It is correct to say that FPSC V1 has a max AI script limit total of 200 scripts in the folder structure - which you wont quite reach in practical application.

The 200 limit has nothing to do with how many you use actively in your game, but is a limit that you can have exist in the folders.

Lee has confirmed that this limit will be removed but I doubt TGC will be held to that so dont bank on it.

There is also an apparent existing Map object limit which is I beleive related to segment numbers - as I am aware not indicated by any number I know of but you will know when you reach it as it will stop your game from running as with the script limit by causing fatal errors when FPSC fails to execute your game.

Both these limits currently stop me from developing further as I have ofetn reached and exceeded both limits. The only option in such cases is to reduce/remove the numbers of offending world content objects or scripts as appropriate.

As a general comment :

As to the point of general thrust of the thread - personally needless to say I cannot personally make the kind of quality game from any point of view with FPSC that I would find acceptable as as a finished game suitable for distribution to any third party due to the above limits and many other existing real FPSC issues as I would not be happy enough with the result to do so.

Thats my own opinion as I have quite high expectations of myself and my game making endeavours irrespective of which engine I am working with.

FPSC irrespective of its status in the market does have a number of serious issues attached to it which are not there by design and are issues which I doubt TGC themselves are happy with but like us all have to live with currently.

I would very much doubt that the developers of FPSC would be purposefully happy to continue the products development without addressing at least some of them.

I may be completely wrong of course but I beleive that FPSC will be developed substantially further and will become a much improved gamemaking tool, with which a user can if they have the staying power to do so - use to make a much better overall game than they can now curently do.

I would expect that any Update forthcoming will without doubt set the trend for the future of the product and that TGC will not wish to release one until they are happy to do so. If and when it comes that future for the product, whatever it is likely to be, will become much clearer.

It is certainly the case that there are users of FPSC that are well prepared to work hard and smart in terms of its use - they are not afraid of and clearly do not shy away from that.

In its current condition though I would say that using FPSC that is not enough for those particular users which are prepared to push the limits of the product in an effort to reach an enviable end goal and that the product does not play its part due to some of the real well known and accepted issues which exist which can adversley affect both gamemaking and FPSC end gameplay.

Without doubt there are issues and everyone including the developers know they exist.

I expect that some of those at least will be addressed and FPSC and gamemaking with it will move forward to the benefit of all concerned.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 00:26
Quote: "After tinkering with FSPC on and off for months I've come to the conclusion that V1 is not good enough to produce games that would sell for even £5."

I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with you on this statement. I've created Commander Josh (as FredP mentioned) and it is actually being sold on my website. and yes you people cannot only buy at my website, but people do actually buy the game.

The problem by which you arrived at your conclusion lies in the word tinkering on and off. That's what most people do with a game engine and then conclude it's not good enough to produce games that will sell. I did start out my game creation adventure with a different engine many years ago. At that time most of the serious developers scoffed the engine and every one claimed you couldn't really create games with it that do sell. Now many years later and having a number of publishing contracts in one pocket and having money in my wallet in the other pocket, the engine is starting to be recognized as one of the best in it's field. Problem is that many failed to see it at the beginning and lost out or gave up not being able to make their dreams come true due to neclecting an excellent tool.

Same goes for FPSC. Tinkering on and off with it will bring you to the wrong conclusions. Looking at this community will bring in most cases to a wrong conclusion. Most of the people around here are like you..... THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THE LACKS AND NEEDS OF FPSC AND FAIL TO MAKE USE OF THE STRENGTHS FPSC HAS TO OFFER. I'm seeing great potential in FPSC now and in the future and I'm going to make the best of it as is. Not as will be, but as is.

I'm pretty sure that in time to come I will smile when I look back to FPSC, just as I do with the other engine. While all of you discussed making games with FPSC and discussed its lacks and needs, discussed how bad it was..... ..... I will remember the money I did make by using FPSC. I'm not claiming I'll be rich because of FPSC, but at least I did get a good return on my investment in FPSC and FPSC tools & models.

Please do take that as a word of advice, stop looking at what FPSC can't do, find out for yourself what it really can do. Don't just play with FPSC, but put some serious effort in to it. Be determined to create something good with it. Set yourself a goal and get to work. I've done that and the result is a good game. I've struggled and battled with FPSC a lot until I found out it's weakness and it's strength. I left the weakness for what it is and you don't hear me talking all the time about what FPSC lacks. I know what it can do and I've decided to life with that and put that to good use.

FPSC is an excellent tool and no one can tell me different. I've seen a number of excellent creations around here showing what FPSC can do, even if they are few. That's not the fault of FPSC, that's the weakness of this community.... they talk, discuss, complain, start a game, start a new one, work on a third one, talk, discuss, complain, start yet another new game and in the end never finish a game at all. That has nothing to do with FPSC at all, that is the lack in this community. FPSC is great, but to create something good with it you need some discipline and determination and set yourself a goal.

Quote: "FPSC is not an investment, it's a game creation package that won't build your castle nor make your dreams come true."

VanB I completely disagree with you.... it all depends on what your dreams are. My dream was to have a simple tool to create 3D teaching enviroment with it. FPSC has made that dream come true. My dream was to finally finish a 3D version of Commander Josh.... again my dream has come true.

But you worded excaclty what lives is in this community. Unfortunally most of the people around here think as you do and the result shows it..... well more like the lack of results shows it.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 17:27 Edited at: 28th Jul 2006 17:33
@ Komet:

Someone posted another moaning thread about FPSC being forgot some time ago. In the news letter of the following month, Lee (or someone at TGC) wrote a column on why there is hardly any FPSC news. In it, they said that the had just finished a really fast light-mapper (next month it was revealed a dark lights), and that an FPSC update was coming soon. They said that because they can't garuantee problems in development, they couldn't set and exact date of release but it would be some time in the next four weeks (four weeks ago).

FPSC isn't dead. Its user's creativity is dead. They lack the mental capacity to actually work and just want to open a program and say "build game" and let it produce Doom 4. Users who can't be bothered to work and slog it out like some people do around here deserve nothing. If you work hard, it shows and your game will sell (commander Josh being a good example). If you can't then one of two things will happen:
1) You'll get bored and your project will die
2) You'll make a bad game that no one will buy

Worse still, you might make a bad game and try and sell it for $50.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will FPSC...
AE

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting, thanks Avenging Eagle
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 17:45 Edited at: 28th Jul 2006 18:12
Post Removed by Uman
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 18:09
Personal attacks when refering to individuals or the games they make with FPSC are not allowed.

I respect all opinions and the freedom of users to express them within the parameters of resonable expression and have no wish to close this thread.... however...

Such personal attacks will quickly bring response from a Mod if users cant avoid such personal attacks on others.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 18:13 Edited at: 28th Jul 2006 18:15
[Mod Edit]

I played Commander Josh. Yes, it was a little weird having water guns instead of meaty lasers but the game was original and has alot (like 80%) of custom media. And what games have you made then, Komet?

AE

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 18:17
Well I completely disagree with those that disagree with that 'comment'. If anyone disagrees with this then I agree.

If anyone has had their castle built by FPSC, then please post so I can disagree with that too .

Aegrescit medendo
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
uman I don't know what come over me

So what happens when someone shows off their game and ask what we think, are we supposed to say regardless of the truth that it's absolutely splendid old chap, keep churning the stuff out, or can we tell em it's naff and if so does this somehow get classed as a personal attack?
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Avenging Eagle I tried creating one three times but FPSC does not YET have all the features I require, also I need to buy models or have them made to order.

I printed out the manual ages ago and gave it several reads, did a lot of intensive experimenting, made music and some graphics for my game and then I thought how boring to have a game with no team interaction, just one guy running around shooting lots of others.

Really need teams for the game I have in mind. Yes I know it's a First Person Shooter but so are many others that have teams.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 18:33
Komet,

and as a general comment.

If someone posts something they have made and asks for other users comments or suggestions - then one need do so when replying with some sensitivity with consideration to an idividuals personal feelings and preferably in a helpful manner.

With respect to all - no one likes critisism and certainly dont like it to be in a purely or obviously offensive tone.

You all understand very well what that means so please act appropriately and try and be pleasant to other users at all times if you must comment at all.

As said many times its not difficult to be careful with a choice of words that say what you wish to say without resorting to offensive comments or tones towards another member.

If thats not done then clearly the intention is to offend or show agressive behaviour and it wont be tolerated.

End of debate on that point here.

End of thread if you are not careful - please keep it friendly or the next post will lock it.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 19:46
Well all I can say to your comment Komet is..... if you can do better then please do so, because if my game can make money then a better one should be able to make more money.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Well said Benjamin A. To be fair to you, I've not played your game so maybe it is great, but those screenshots don't do it justice.

Making more money is down to marketing, price, sales pitch and of course presentation, this part I'm confident I can do, as for my game I need team capability badly

I think that Commander Josh is a good name for a game by the way.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 22:42
Regarding Commander Josh,
You are welcome to your opinions but did you bother playing the demo?
The game is a unique perspective on FPS.
There are a lot of first person shooters that are single player based.Doom comes to mind right off the top of my head.
After a bad day sometimes you can't beat that you against the world feeling that an FPS like Doom (or something made with FPS) will give you.

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
I already stated that I had not played Commander Josh FredP and I've not played Doom either, right now I'm addicted to Battlefield 2 - when I can remain connected to a server for longer than 5 minutes, that game has serious connection issues in Multi-Player
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 01:14 Edited at: 29th Jul 2006 01:16
If your not satisfied with this software then go check out devmaster. It has a lot of engines.

Dont forget to visit my website for scripts!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 05:52
Question to Benjamin A...

How many changes do You think wourld be done if We dint ask for a better FPSC?
Answer: Not many!!

You said to Me that You have sold 10000s of games, if thats the case then You shourld be a professional gamemaker right? I must say that it is quite strange that You as a professional dont ask for professional changes of FPSC???

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:21
Mr. Love,
Ben has never said he didn't want changes or that he has not asked for changes in FPSC.
The bottom line here is that there is a forum called Feature Creep where you can make suggestions on what you would like to see in an update/upgrade of FPSC and when they are making the update or patch or whatever you prefer to call it they will look there to see what the forum members want and try their best to balance what the forum members want with what they are capable of putting in the update at this time.
We can debate or argue or flame until we are blue in the face (or until we get blisters on our fingers) but it isn't going to do any good.TGC won't look in this thread when they are making their update for FPSC and they have already stated they will release the upgrade when it is done and no information will be released until then.
There is an upgrade in progress.We just have to wait until it is done.I am sure all forum members want an upgrade.I don't think anyone wants FPSC left as it is.From TGC on down we all are looking forward to improvments.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 06:56
Well Yea.. I heard about something called Feature Creep!!

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with what Mr Love is saying!

Hey Mr Love, another definition of Feature Creep is Feature Slow

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 03:56:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 03:56:19