Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / [Dark A.I.] Getting neutral entities to fight back

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 17:05
I've got several neutral entities and several enemy entities. They're all handled the same regardless of entity type, if the system detects that they're attacking, it plays the correct animation.

However, my neutral entities don't fight back, period. I've set various entity settings...

Quote: "AI Set Entity Can Attack char(char).object, 1"

The ranges are correct, etc. Does anyone have a quick AI fix for me? Thanks!

Come see the WIP!
Dark Eternity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 17:15
Quote: "(char).object, 1""
is there meant to be a . there?

Scorched Skies is waiting,can you help

AMDAthlonFX-62,NvidiaGeforce7900 512MB X2,RAM4GB
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 17:17
Yeah. That's the object number of the entity being generated. It's reading the files from a script. It's correct, because the enemy entities have the correct attributes.

Come see the WIP!
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 17:56
It would be nice if neutral entities could fight then you could use dark a.i in deathmatch scenarios where its every man for themselves

I know the voices aren't real, but they have good ideas!
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 21:55
you mean there isn't such a feature?
what a waste, now i have to re-think my ai mini competition entry
team deathmatch instead of deathmatch!

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 22:45
As far as I'm aware that's the case, I've been trying to think of a way around this for my w.i.p as I was going to have multiplayer and deathmatch is an essential feature, this may be a good feature request for Dark A.I??

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2006 05:06
Well, I can manually code the response, but I was hoping for an automatic behavior.

Come see the WIP!
Zerk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 03:13
Neutral means just that... neutral. They dont fight like for NPCs and such. You'll probably have to switch it an enemy to get it to fight back.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do. ~Hal-9000
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 03:48
@ Zerk

Nope you just do what cash said and use manual control, I think the term neutral was being used to express an entity that is neither an enemy nor a friend, I think everybody is aware of what neutral means.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 12:00 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 12:01
Okay, I've isolated the conditions in which an entity should attack another. Dumb question though, how can I just make one entity attack another? I can seem to find a command to do so. I could make the entity move toward the target and run the attack animation, but that won't account for each entity's unique attack range. I just want to say "Hey, 'AI Entity Attack Target'" or something. There are all kind of movement commands, defense commands, but I just want it to attack.

Any insight? I just hate dumb entities that mull about while they're getting attacked. And not all of them should run away either.

Come see the WIP!
D Bellis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 12:40 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 12:42
Edit

Meh you already thought of doing it manual...

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ Newcastle , Asus K8N4-E Deluxe MotherBoard NForce ChipSet , 768MB DDR Ram , XFX Geforce 6600 Extreame Edition 512MB DDR2 Ram , WinXP Pro SP2
monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 12:48
Quote: "if player = attacking me
set ai to none friendly
else
set ai to friendly
endif"

if entity = attacking me then entity is already enemy

if entity = neutral or entity = friendly then entity will never attack me

@ cash

I can't see anything in the doc's about this either because the ai get entity can fire requires that the entities be on opposing teams, the only command that may be of use is the ai get entity can see that takes into account the entities view arc/ range etc but not the attack distance,so this might have to be calculated manually???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 04:14:58
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 04:14:58