Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics and Dark AI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to get Dark AI and Dark Physics working together. Can some one show me how to get them to work together?

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 00:01 Edited at: 8th Aug 2006 00:03
i don't know about dark physics, but i did it like this in newton:

maybe that could be of some help.

if you've never used newton, then let me explain.
the top part creates a body, i don't know how it'll be done in dp, but i guess "phy make rigid body dynamic sphere ID".
however you would need an ellipsoid mesh instead of a sphere, and it should have a different ID than your AI object. because when you use the next part of the code it will automatically position both the body and the object that goes along with the body at the AI position.

if you don't use a separate object for the body the physics will try to move your AI object due to forces, and the DAI will try to move your AI Object due to Triggers etc.

again not sure how that would be done in dp.

sorry if that didn't help, but i trust there wouldn't be a major difference. i just don't know the commands in dp yet.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 06:00
not tried it yet but I read an answer by TGC saying you do the AI first then the physics.

I'm not getting you down am I, Ho Look! another fancy Door?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:52:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:52:03