Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Game Polish - installer, screen creator, video-image sequencer, web editor

Author
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 20:56
am i in it??

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
and me? Am I in it?

Project FPS - 71%
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 21:53
I want beta test your programm please

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 21:56
Quote: "am i in it??"
- bdgbdg and Connor Higgins

Yes. You'll probably get an email tommorrow for the Sequencer portion. The other three parts will follow shortly after.

Keith
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 22:16
wohoo but i cant test next saturday and sunday cus ill be in newquay and i wont be able to take the laptop.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2006 23:18
well Ive got my media all set up over here.... Im looking forward to seeing what this polisher is fully capable of doing...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 03:24
Hey, cheers for the mail man, I'd love to test. You got a list of criteria you want checking, or is it just a case of trying our hardest to make it go wrong?!

butters

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 15:44
I've added butters and johny english to the beta test list. Thanks for your help.

Quote: "You got a list of criteria you want checking, or is it just a case of trying our hardest to make it go wrong?!"

The main thing I want to make sure of is that the features work (I'll have a list of those) and the installer and a/v runs correctly on multiple systems. I guess I'm not all that concerned with odd errors like from clicking or dragging images, video, or buttons around like crazy.

Keith
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 17:02
yeah, that's cool. So its really a test of the applications functionality across different systems. Out of interest, what video formats and audio formats are supported?

butters

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 17:29
This go out already.... Ive not recieved anything yet

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2006 21:42
Not out yet clips. I'm getting a bit of a late start, but I still am pretty confident it will be out today. I'll let you know. Butters, to answer your format question. Thats a bit up in the air. I'm going to start safe and maybe expand a bit later. Licensing issues will kill some formats such as MP3 though.

Keith
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 05:54
Just to let you know, I have the Sequencer beta ready. Since it is so late and I am about to go to sleep, I thought it would be better to release it in the morning in case there are some initial problems with the file. That way I can sleep better and not worry about having a page of complaints greeting me when I wake up. Sorry about that. Expect it around 8 or 9 AM EST.

Keith
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 16:39
Thanks for waiting patiently. The sequencer beta is up and the beta testers should have gotten an email by now. If not let me know.

Keith
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 16:52
keith i sent u an e-mail saying i will beta test i might od deleted it thinking it was junk if so please put spuddy and i wont delete.

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2006 18:46
Spudling, I don't have your email in the beta list. If you could post it here I can send you the beta though.

Keith
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd also like to beta test looks very cool!

maarten_200@hotmail.com

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 01:18
I thought I'd give an update on Game Polish since it has been a while. So far only the Sequencer portion has been released to beta.

Why the delay?

I had a few issues to resolve that delayed the other portions. The last problem was a licensing issue with a library I was using for the Installer which made me have to rewrite the installer. And to make it worse, like many of us ( you know who you are ) I let in a bit of feature creep while I was resolving the problems making it even longer of a delay.

My goal is to have a full beta out within a week, but as you have seen, I am horrible at time estimates.

Thanks for the patience...

Keith
Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 01:21 Edited at: 12th Oct 2006 01:21
I hope im not late but i would love to beta it
lordcorm_123@hotmail.com

People think DarkBASIC is for noobs and isnt professional, but i think its the future of game programming. Do you agree with me? Just reply to this thread saying you do.
DarkBASIC for ever!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 04:01
nice! so for the sequencer, does it change backgrounds during the main menu and stuff?

I think around 15 bucks btw ($15.00)

keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 04:28
Quote: "nice! so for the sequencer, does it change backgrounds during the main menu and stuff?"

Sorry, each screen only has one image behind it. The sequencer is for launching A/V sequences from the buttons. Its meant to be used to enhance the storyline. Its kind of nice to use image sequences (with audio behind it) in addition to video to reduce the size and provide an occasional higher resolution display than just video by itself.

Keith
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 04:45
ok. i wasnt sure, but this is still sweet, just the installer is great!

Commandos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 12:36
good job
Theo22376
Years of Service
User Offline
Can i beta test it?

theo_6000@yahoo.com
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 03:14
Keith, could you please send me the beta testing email?

Do let me know if there are particular features\options you have in mind that you want specifically tested as well.

Shall test it out asap and let you know how it went.

-filya

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 03:43
Hi again. The Beta is still not out. Though various personal and professional things have piled up to interfere with finishing the rather long delayed Game Polish, I am still working on it. With the Holidays here though, time is even more restricted. I've added the newest folks (Theo and Tyler and Filya) to the beta test list and, when it is available, I'll get it out. Its pretty close, tying it all together is just taking a while.

By the way, thats probably all the Beta testers needed for now.

Keith
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 04:47
Quote: "You gave no answer as to if you would like any help with the project? You sound like it would take a load of of you."

Thanks for the offer of assistance Tyler. I have seen around the forum you have been involved in other programming, but I'd like to finish this on my own. I actually enjoy working on Game Polish and FPSC stuff quite a bit. Game related projects are a lot more interesting than some of the programming I do. For that matter I want to get back to working with FPSC and Dark Basic too. I bought the new model packs a couple weeks ago and haven't gotten to play with them yet.

As for Game Polish, all of the program elements work at this point. They just need a little more tightening if you know what I mean. Finding the time has been tough, and the holidays are generally a lot worse for me time-wise.

I think that Game Polish will add something to FPSC games though. Its not as widely useful as model packs are, but I hope it will find its niche. So bear with me as I slowly but surely finish up.

Keith
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 11:29
it seem than i have lost your email cause my computer resetted my email account it is possible to send it again please it would be very nice hope you see this message so please send it again to my personal email lucasdechow@hotmail.com or my paralyzegames@hotmail.com

soon i will give up a link for my fps game website
the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2006 13:44
well i got a email form keithml it seems than i have posted than i wanted the beta but as i have heard from him it is not finished yet well now i have been so silly so i have simply posted another thread with this subject
well that was a big mistake i have made well i am sorry guys you can delete it

soon i will give up a link for my fps game website
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 05:52
FINALLY, I have the beta ready for Game Polish. I sent out an email to the beta testers on my list. I tried to get all of the names from the forum, so let me know if you signed up as a beta tester and didn't get the email.

I don't need any new beta testers, I was just making sure everyone who volunteered earlier received an email.

Thanks for hanging in there!
Keith
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2006 06:57 Edited at: 30th Dec 2006 07:26
wow
its almost there cant wait till its finnished and i can get it

EDIT: how much it gonna cost??
free would be nice but i doubt it

If I Want It, I Want It

Toxist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 07:13
OK I have been teased enough ~! HOw Much? and I will Pay for the Beta as long as I get the Final Release. (think of it as research Money) lol I really want to play with it for a while before the Final is ready. Think $$ umm email below lol

To-xist or not To-xist ? try FPS
keithml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 05:15
Mr. MakealotOfSmoke: no price has been set yet. Sorry.

Beta Testers:

Game Polish 0.91 Beta is now up. You may wish to download the new version. Don't uninstall 0.90, just reinstall over your existing one. It fixes a problem where I do not explicitly prevent screen and sequencer resources from being edited without one actually being selected or created. This creates orphan buttons and images with no owning screen or sequence.

Keep the comments and problem reports coming. I appreciate it and will do my best to fix them or answer your questions.

Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:26:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:26:10