Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [LOCKED] When is DGDK going to be fixed?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 11:53
Miguel, I'll nudge Mike, see what's happening

Paul.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 12:28
Follow up. Mike has been working on the GDK, but also in relation to a separate project to help in solving the DGDK problems that exist, he is working on it though, so lets not nag him any further.

Paul.

MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 20:59
Quote: "Mike has been working on the GDK, but also in relation to a separate project to help in solving the DGDK problems that exist, he is working on it though,"

Does that mean he´s using it for something and therefore fixing it or that he is fixing it but at the same time doing something else? Either way it sounds good. Maybe shortly I can beta test something.

Need path finding in your games? Have a look at the tutorials on Pathfinding.
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Either way it sounds good."

You know... I am not that sure it sounds _that_ good. If he's working on something else, even if that has something to do with the GDK:

1) He's not focusing on the GDK, he's actually working on something else first and foremost;
2) Although he may be fixing things in the GDK, he's probably fixing only stuff that is hindering his main project, not the stuff we've reported;
3) Even if he's fixing everything we reported, the update will probably take a long time because it is contingent to his "spare" time;

So, yeah, call me cynical but these news are a bit of a mixed blessing.

I have vague plans for World Domination
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2006 22:14
Miguel, its just like when TGC worked on FPSC before dbp 6, which fpsc used. That work helps them test and fix bugs as they go. What better way to find out and fix what wrong with any tool, than to use it as intended and see what breaks?

I think at this juncture, this thread has run its useful course. Everyone has stated their peace, lists have been formed, and TGC has been made aware of the issues. For now lets leave this be and see what emerges in a fair amount of time from here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 04:31:58
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 04:31:58