Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / X10 - What It Means To You

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 17:43
omg theres a hand on that gun!!!

SaM
www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 21:53 Edited at: 24th Nov 2006 22:04
@LEE & TGC

Most Excellent

The gaming industry depends on the evolution of high-end graphics.
NVIDIA is staying afoot of the cutting edge technologies, and X10 is an open door to the future.

Thanks Lee, and TGC, for having the insight to lead the way.

@ZAKU
Quote: "I will almost invite a flame war by suggeesting that if you have not yet been able to produce something of quality with FPSC,there may be another problem,aside from the mentioned shortcomings of FPSC,maybe the guy behind the project?
I personally can't wait for X10.
(Where do I Sign up,buy it as an EA?)

Making the Leap to DX10 is always going to be great for the us all.
I see from other articles that I've read that the only other studios that have been workin gon DX10 and Vista Content are all the "BIG Boys"
(THe Crysis , Source and ID engines)

What all of us need to keep in mind is that while these bigger guys will be able to produce a prototype in 8-12 months upon themm being fully DX10 ready,we,using FPSC can have a prototype ready in
a much shorter timeframe.
(This gives us a Huge advantage)
"

Ditto

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
switch style
Years of Service
User Offline
[quote]omg theres a hand on that gun!!!

they released a model pack with hands of course they are going to have hands on it and great graphics.
Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 02:16
yer i know i was just kinda joking....

SaM
www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 03:32
Quote: "Well, Nickydude, the program was running fine as it was, the only real issue anyone had was the lack of a save/load feature."

Guess you never used the storyzone marker, encountered unexplained lag, and so on. Are you sure you're using FPSC?

Quote: "Here's another X10 image that we forgot to show."

Thanks for sharing it, looks cool! Time to enter the TGC/nVidia contest and win a new pc

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Truth be told, Benny, I never got far enough in my game before my sabbatical to use the storyzone element. I was more focused on getting the levels designed and functional first.

Formerly JMC...
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 09:44
I see, that explains a lot

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 16:43 Edited at: 25th Nov 2006 16:44
This X10 is actually starting to sound good, eventho' I'm still a bit worried about the current version.

I have one question:
Since the FPSCX10 is going to be Vista only thanks to the DirectX10, could it be possible to play the games made with X10 on WinXP-machine with DirectX 9L? I remember reading an article just a while ago about the DX9L, saying the 9L would be the same as DX10 for XP (thus allowing playing some DX10 games like Crysis on XP).

If this would be possible, could the FPSCX10 (in theory) work on Windows XP with DX9L ?
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 04:05
Hi James Cornett, could you provide me with a description of the issues you are experiencing. I would hate to think you are using a 'heavily bugged version of FPSC' if there was something I could do to help with the current round of updates. I think I have hit all the major issues thus far, so if you have some new ones please email me as much info as you can to lee@thegamecreators.com and we can work through your showstoppers.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2006 06:04
Lee Fpsc is great, all the bugs youve hit to my knowledge... the fpsc community i think are craving for more features. . . I would personally like to see ragdoll physics and new light mapping, and then you would make me happy. . . but yea, dreams do come true...sometimes.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 18:35
Right on guys! Be sure i'll be an EA purchaser.
Cant wait,
Chris
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Another thing I believe would help is having the entity maker utility in a part of the main editor Lee.

He said, "You drink when you're lonely." No I drink when I want!
He said, "You'll never be sober." Sure. Why would I want that?
TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 19:03 Edited at: 11th Dec 2006 20:01
*WARNING: I'VE ONLY READ HALF OF THIS THREAD.

Baaah. Be thankful for FPSC. Use what you have, and learn what you got. A game doesn't NEED to have top of the line graphics, true, it is nice. But it's nothing to revolve around a product, plus there are other apps out there if you're looking for something else. Do you really think nobody plays Tetris today? I'll admit, I don't. But I'm sure there are people that do, and that's including cards and PC game board games. Do you really think a person who buys the PC version of Monopoly sits there and says:"Whoa...Cool graphics!", naw dude. I still play Doom2 AND Wolf3d, well...On the xbox doom3 you can play doom2.

So what if X10 has reflections in the water, and so forth. This tool is still up and running, Lee does a outstanding job 24-7, whats the big deal? This isn't 3Drad where THEY gave up ( 3drad is another game creation suite that is no longer being worked on...Er...As far as I know anyways ).

With this software ( well generally, others are as well ), game creation is becoming more and more art directed, more than scripting and coding, although you can. Long story short, it's about the creativity...

Straight outta compton
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2006 21:19
Vista, DX10 and the new emerging technologies are another ball game to whats gone before.

There will always be many people who will play all kinds of games and there will always be many more who want the option of the best available. Just a matter of numbers.

I just played quake1 again but it would not hold my attention for long and I wont want to play it again for another ten years.

Its not true to say its all about creativity. All else being equal on the creativity side the game made with superior tools using superior software across the board and running on superior hardware that looks best and plays best will leave the opposition standing every time.

Game playing as with most thing humans do is about response of and play on the human senses - given the creativity is equal the other factors mentioned offer the potential to give greater satisfaction to the senses and thus make the game more immersive and enjoyable to a greater number of people.

Even if that was not the case time will just leave the old technology and those using it in a world of their own until it exists no longer.

End

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2006 02:00
You guys are doing one heck of a job! Keep it up! Can't wait for the DX10 version!

RF

AJinx Team
Years of Service
User Offline
FPSC is something that I've always dreamed about having since I was I kid and now that there's a new version coming out for Vista, I couldn't be happier. The thing is that I am still not old enough to get a real job and I was looking foward to buying a PS3 and maybe even an HDTV to go along with it. I don't want to sound circumspect here but moving on to a new (expensive) OS is too soon for me, even if this version will have everything I've ever dreamed of. I could upgrade my rather old computer to Vista Basic but all the good features are in the Premium Edition and I'd have to wait for another graphic card that supports DX10 to replace my new ATI Radeon 9550.

Excuse me if this seems like a rant but I'm actually looking forward to its release.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/way2crazy/LogoTemplate-Logo_22.jpg
madness
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2006 07:11
FPSC V1 runs on vista fine, it's just when you go to Build a Game it screws up :S
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 00:13 Edited at: 15th Dec 2006 00:13
thats cus the editor doesnt use direct x as far as i know and then the game run does but i must be wrogn as else how do you get a level preview in the editing window :S

Thanks
Adam
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't read the entire thread, but I agree with some people here in different points.

First of all, keep up the good work those screenshots look niiiiiice

Then, there's a dilemma that will never end. Long time ago I remember most people wasn't going to upgrade to XP because of their own reasons (myself included), either by not enough money to buy it, the hardware to run it, or just 'cause they were happy with their 98/ME/2000. Look at yourself now - I don't think you're using Linux for using DBP/FPSC (and if you do, tell me how? xD). Surely you'd be running 98 (in the worst cases) or XP.

The thing is... it is not NOW that we will upgrade. Hell, Vista isn't even out yet, why the arguement? we're gonna end up using it anyways, but not -now-. Of course... there's the ones who wish to keep up with the latest stuff and maybe will spend their christmas money on a 300Ghz/10Gb RAM/2Gb video comp... just remember that not everyone can buy a beast like that.

Then here comes the adquisitive (spelling?) problem. Not everyone can get a computer like that just to get Vista running. The uncompatibility generated with software developed for Vista will annoy most of XP/2k/ME/98 users (and that's a way to make people upgrade... I'm not gonna say what I think about this, but I'm sure you can figure it out). If TGC then starts working with FPSC/DBPro for DX10... what will happen to the XP/2k/ME/98 users? will those products be discontinued and abandoned, just for a platform that isn't even to the user-level economically, and that it won't be for at least a year or two?

Vista's requeriments are excessive in my opinion, the "Z0MG DONT UZE DAT CRAPPY COMP U WORK FOR LYK 400 YEARS AND BUY DA COMP" isn't gonna work nor me nor with most users right now, at the moment, if people upgrade it will be for neccessity mostly, and not for just wanting the latest stuff (some will though).

To put it short, Vista is the new thing, but isn't going to be in every home's microwave, and if Vista isn't... then FPSC with DX10 won't, either.

Something personal: This december I'm gonna get (as christmas present) a 2.0Ghz celeron comp. It may not be the greatest thing but it's gonna be an improvement compared to my 933Mhz. Imagine if Vista were the only way to get DBPro working and they stopped shipping the XP versions: My upgrade would be in vain, because my GF4 Ti 4200 wouldn't be able to run Vista (or will it? I don't know but I hope...) and thus it would be something stupid to do.

I say, just stay with the XP versions. Work with DX10 as much as you want, but don't forget that not everyone will and shall upgrade the same time you all will, and it's the OS that's mostly in home users, the "garage" game developers who use TGC products.

Don't start an arguement for something we're gonna end up using anyways, not now but surely in a few years. Hopefully, TGC won't leave XP users behind

"As sudden as I arrive, as sudden as I leave."

Hello World
Years of Service
User Offline
WEll I at least hope that there will be a possibillity to run XP AND Vista on one PC.
Otherwise I'll get a geforce 8800 anyway but stay with XP

The Ossis are coming back!!!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 17:20
@DARKGuy - just so. No sense fretting over a product that is not even out yet, for an OS that is not out yet, requiring hardware drivers that are not out yet We have a great deal invested in our XP products, and will continue to develop them for as long as the OS is viable. There will be a natural migration of effort to DX10, but that is some way off so no need to even think about that right now. Our focus is still primarily on making our key products solid for you guys!

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2006 18:10
Lee,
I couldn't have said it better myself.
There's no sense in worrying about it at the moment.
Hopefully by the time all of this stuff is ready to go the price will drop a little so poor boys like me can afford it.
Whatever happens I know I have at least two projects I am working on at the moment and they will be done with this version of FPSC.

Talairina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 10:45
What Im intrested in is, will the model pack's migrate fine into X10? I honestly can't wait to play around with X10 and as a few have said I would love to jump in on a EA or even sooner if I could. I know there is a huge cost involved for some folk's because of the rather nasty price's on new hardware.

Personally I cant wait for X10 but Im going to enjoy every second of XP FPSC too!
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 22:57
What X10 means to me?
Paying major cash for an upgrade, which isnt a huge must on my list of things to do, and also dishing out $$$ for a graphics card that will just be out developed in near future..

X10 looks absoloutly awesome, but I just have no need for it, which is a shame, really.

Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm just wondering if x10 is gonna have hitboxes? Cause I'm dying to add in headshots

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 07:17 Edited at: 20th Dec 2006 07:18
Nvm i readed wrong

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
strike
Years of Service
User Offline
First of this is great keep up the good work.

Also, I didnt read every single thead but like many I prob wont go to vista until the bitter end. XP is bloated enough as it is Vista is supposed to be worse, I dont want it.

However directx 10 should be compatable with xp anyway (you would think) so when the new version comes out of FPSC X10 theres no reason why it shouldnt work with XP.

But like i said I didnt read every single post so I could be wrong.
Inverted
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 06:17
Ill buy it!
Ill get:

Vista
2 Geforce 8800's for super fast run time
2 Duo core's for super fast run time
And of course FPSC x 10

You have my buy, this looks completely wicked, cant wait

Opposites are different, not wrong
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
[speechless]Jnii[/speechless]

Right then, now that's over with, let's get to the point.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

All in favour of this being the greatest post what I just said in a quote. I hope this doesn't make TGC too hurried, I'm being patient.

[href]www.icesparkinteractive.tk[/href]
Ediseye
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.

Wow, simply put.

This version of FPSC and DirectX 10 seem to be making a good couple. I admit, I really wish that I could be seeing more of this. So, if more images are there, please upload many more.

Good works guys and keep it up and bug free.

Thank you.

Ediseye
MR elevetor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2006 13:06
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................omg..................this will be the best thing ever....

I dont want you to die....I just dont want you to live anymore....BTW: I´ve xbox 360 and maybe PS3 soon and you probably dont nyah nyah nyaah!!!
max ballwinkle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2006 13:09
will it be an upgrade or u have to buy a new version on fpsc?

B-A-L-L-W-I-N-K-L-E
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 02:58
FPSC X10 will be a next gen FPSC and you will have to pay for it.
The actual price of it and whether current FPSC owners will get a discount will be something that TGC decides and announces at a later time.

jimenex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2006 22:48
I'm never "happy" to pay for something new, but who ever is?
I trust that TGC will continue to create newer better products that owe their evolution and improvements to the comments, complaints, suggestions and ideas being fedback by the thriving community of programmers and game creators on these forums (And yes especially the Mods). Will Vista be all that great an improvement that is worth the hassle of upgrading cards etc.? Probably not, but I'll bet the new DB & FPS products from TGC will. Win95 was much better than win 3.11, Win2000 was somewhat better than Win95, with WinME being way more stable than all of them put together and WinXP offering a leap forward in areas that didn't really impress me all that much, -WinNT was the OS I stuck with/returned to throughout it all when running lightwave 3D etc. But to get back to my point, I don't think that there are a more closely watched series of software products from a development standpoint as the TGC family of development applications.
This post from Lee Bamber, in essence announcing the next wave and reaffirming TGC's commitment to the existing user base is why I'm loyal to these guys, their evolving software and this community... because it's loyal to me. Loyalty and responsiveness is something I don't get from Microsoft, Apple or Sony even after a life time of buying and using their products. Vista is coming. Like it or not. TGC should take advantage of whatever enhancements are afoot and use it to create software that takes advantage of this new OS. -Sorry for the long post. Happy holidays to all, everywhere.

"Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate."
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2006 12:27
I have vista already..

I was Jacko but I changed my name.
B I O M A S S
dark person12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2006 02:52
what x10 means to me.....
hmm
means i realy gona get that new pc

-critter mortem

-critter MORTEM chris
MORTEM
WarGoat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2006 20:37 Edited at: 1st Jan 2007 00:15
Looks freaking awesome! Can't wait to see what you'll do with X10, and what games there are going to be after Crysis, supreme commander and another than I cn't remember.

@Inverted: I hope you'll have the cash o buy you're comp, because the dual gForce wll cost you 1600$ + taxes with a power suply of 1000 wats, the 2 duo core , a lot, and you nned more things...

For myself, damn money that I don't have! I can have a computer for 2300$ Can, but I only have 400$ can, and I'll buy something with it... grr! Anyway, can't wait to have more news

Windows XP,pentium IV, 3.0 MGZ, 1024 mb memory, 256 mb ATI Radeon PCIE X700 Pro 'sett squadron back on the assault'
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 01:33
I'm really excited about this but need questions answered...

1 - Will the layout of X10 be the same as the one now?

2 - Are the scripting commands altered in any way or is it just the basic FPSC scripts that are used now, in other words, will I have to learn another scripting language?

3 - Since this program will be running on Vista and top of the range graphics cards, do you know how the polygon count limit will change, should I start doubling or tripling the polycount in my models at the moment?

4 - Am I guessing correctly that FPSC X10 is already made, but has testing to do or does the actual engine have more work to be attended to?

5 - Finally, can we expect game quality found in recently brought out games like FEAR or PREY?

Excellent work, I was thinking of getting Torque Shader Engine but this seems more user friendly, and I can focus more on developing models instead of coding. I think this may be a new age in game development, once again, awesome

so what's the job?
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 03:40
is the nwe fpscreator going to hay water that u can really swim in??

dont look up u might see me there
Steve J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 11:43
@Half Life Dude: WOW! Your so leet. Vista is already out in case you didn't know. MSDN subscribers get it.

Guy 1: Hate is a strong word. Guy 2: I know, thats why I use it.
Netdemons
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 22:28
To me FPSC X10 will mean the following:

*TGC trying to get more money
*People wanting it will have to buy completly new machines, but the results wont be seen by the people playing their games because they wont of spent £500 on a D10 graphics card
*TGC screws you over yet again promising features that dont exist
*D10 versons of the model packs in existance, paying more money for the same stuff...

Basically I see FPSC X10 as TGC's way to try and make a bit more money in 2007 from the same software.

So I wont be buying it And I'll shut up now so I don't get banned

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 23:02
Apparantly you either did not read the x10 thread,did not watch the x10 video (link in December's newsletter) or both.
While you have a right to your opinion it is uninformed and incorrect.
If TGC wanted to make money off of the same software they would charge you for these upgrades they have been making...a lot of companies would.
Please go watch the video and go read up about FPSC x10.
You will find that while the concept of FPSC x10 remains the same that x10 is a completely different animal.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2007 23:11 Edited at: 1st Jan 2007 23:12
Quote: "*TGC trying to get more money"

Of course they are, remember they're a business and rely on it for their living.

Quote: "*People wanting it will have to buy completly new machines, but the results wont be seen by the people playing their games because they wont of spent £500 on a D10 graphics card"

True, but that's not TGC's fault, that's Microsoft's doing. You already need a new machine if you really want to enjoy Vista. It's the simple reason I'm not buying Vista or X10, the masses will not be able to play your game, but that's not TGC's fault.

Quote: "*TGC screws you over yet again promising features that dont exist"

Probably but that's why they create a demo. Now if you after trying the demo still believed all that TGC promised for V1 then that's your fault. If you do it again after you try X10's demo then you've allowed yourself to be fooled twice.

Quote: "*D10 versons of the model packs in existance, paying more money for the same stuff..."

If they really are D10 version and it's not the same old stuff. DX10 versions will be more high poly then DX9 and will have other features also, making use of all that DX10 has to offer. So, TGC has all the right to ask you money for it.

DieRider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 10:23
who knows what the future of FPSC will hold

2.2GHZ AMD AM2 Dual core 2GB DDR2 RAM, Sapphire ATI X1900GTO 20" 5ms monitor. 5.1 SS
Netdemons
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2007 11:04
Quote: "Apparantly you either did not read the x10 thread,did not watch the x10 video (link in December's newsletter) or both.
While you have a right to your opinion it is uninformed and incorrect.
If TGC wanted to make money off of the same software they would charge you for these upgrades they have been making...a lot of companies would.
Please go watch the video and go read up about FPSC x10.
You will find that while the concept of FPSC x10 remains the same that x10 is a completely different animal."

No I did watch the video and read the thread.

I suppose your right though about they would be chraging for the upgrades But to me it still doesn't seem that big a step up from FPSC that we have now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 01:32:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 01:32:20