Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Show Object Bounds Type Command?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 03:10
As this command is very essential for debugging(for me atleast), I looked through the command refrence to see if I could find it, but im at a loss as to finding a command which has the same effect as the "show object bounds" command found in dbpro collision. Is there any such command in Dark Physics?

Back by unpopular demand!
Battle Legacy has gone MMORPG! Nah, Im just kidding. But seriously, check the WIP

Codger
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark Physics has a Visual Remote debugger. it accessed under the tools submenu. However I have never bothered to use it.

System
PIV 2.8 MZ 512 Mem
FX 5600 256 mem
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 11:50 Edited at: 16th Dec 2006 11:50
I've used it. I much prefer seeing the object bounds in the game, but it's useful nonetheless.

Come see the WIP!
neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 22:40
I've used the remote debugger; quite useful to see how the physics engine is building an object

but

If I use the debugger more than once or twice per session, i can guarentee a BSOD within the video driver. The extended crash report says that it was caused by a thread deadlock within the driver.

Anyone seen this?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 12:57
I used the debugger a few times, but unless you have 2 monitors it's a real pain to use as you can never get enough space to attempt to fit 2 squares on, and the face you need to move the camera about is a little annoying, so some ingame commands would be alot more usefull.

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 18:03
I had a look at it last night, was quite useful. I'm sure Ill be using it a lot more then for this purpose. Cheers.

Back by unpopular demand!
Battle Legacy has gone MMORPG! Nah, Im just kidding. But seriously, check the WIP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:47:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:47:53