Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator 1.04 RC7

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 21:13
i made the map b4 rc7 using new arena but rc7 makes it change to single....i have been waiting to get a patch that will let me build the game

If I Want It, I Want It

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 21:26
Nickydude,

The sticky issue has always been around. It was however not relative to my particular levels but in this instance of it occuring was a direct result of low fps causing collision problems.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 21:41 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 22:36
after i installed the patch, when i start FPSC, it crashes... seems i have to fully unistall it :/

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 21:47
Quote: "In RC7, framrates dropped to around 6fps alot of the time.
test compile took near 7 minutes longer.
Player and Npc's kept falling through the geometry.
ok this is an odd one but it would seem that a vertex on some of the segment models would be misplaced and suddenly i stretched looking like it would spread across the zone."

Wierd, I haven;t experienced any of these problems. I have some rather complex levels that I am working on and have tested RC7 on. Just goes to show that FPSC is different in each environment it runs in.

Regards,
RF

bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
@DJ Professor K - Install the latest update for DirectX

Project FPS - 71%
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 23:17 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 23:29
-edit- i needed to install latest direct x apparently. my bad

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 23:24
Can't help you.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 23:30 Edited at: 19th Dec 2006 23:32
Of course you've got the latest version of DirectX haven't you? The December edition?

Edit: Ah bugger, you've edited your post Bloodeath

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 23:46
I just crapped myself...no lie. i got the update working and the lightmaps make the entire game look 200% better
Great job i love you lee * in a total hedrosexual way*

Death has no end
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2006 23:55
Quote: "@BenjaminA - for whatever reason I cannot find your fire level. Can you send it to be again please (lee@thegamecreators.com) if you have time."

I don't have that one anymore. It's been changed so much that it has become quite differently by now. It's my competitions entry and since the updates only made it slower and I really don't want to use V1 to enter it, I've changed the level quite a bit. I've optimized it at much as I could and it's running pretty good on all of the RC's now, but it took a lot of work to get it running as smooth as I could get it.

Brings me back to RC7.... I know I made some comments about the problems I'm having, but I didn't really commented on the DarkLights at all. Instead of uninstalling it, I decided to uninstall all of the updates and install RC7 and give it another go.

The DarkLight system is very good, it's a big step forward from the old light system. I had to get used to placing the lights at first, but once you figure that out a bit, it looks great. I've never been impressed with the segments from Model Pack 3, but they look very good when using DarkLights. Aside from the small problems others have mentioned, it's very impressive. It for sure makes FPSC games look a lot more professional.

I'm looking forward to seeing RC8 come and for my competition entry I'm going to use DarkLights for sure. I'm not sure yet about the Commander Josh sequel, but I guess waiting for DarkAI maybe a good idea, but I'm still thinking of entering it into the competition also, so I may build with a more solid previous update. But you never know with RC8 and the final update version, it may well have solved a lot of problems.

Thanks Lee for all the hard work you and Mike (and others?) are putting into all of this, just to give us a better game creation tool.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 00:23
Quote: "I just crapped myself...no lie."

lol! Then I think you should stick to colouring books!

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 00:37
Lol. well the crapping has stopped, i have a error to report,

DARK LIGHTS CAN NOT HANDLE OVERLAYS!

which really sucks becuase im almost done with my pack...

if you want to see for yourself, place a light in a room, and use default blood overlay and see, crapppp thats not good...lee? any ideas?

Death has no end
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 00:40
Oh but it can, try Full Light Mapping, I had the exact same problem a few posts back.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 00:48
Full lightmapping will make everything very laggy wont it?

Death has no end
Swhale aka The FPS Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 00:49
Small but can get annoying little bug, after right clicking an object and changing its properties, the 'Clip 3D view' activated by tab gets reset. Sorry, as i do not know wether or not this occured in previous versions. Thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 00:58
Quote: "Full lightmapping will make everything very laggy wont it?"

It used too, in fact I never used it as it would crash FPSC with the rather helpful "Extra Info 0 0" bug, but RC6 seems to have fixed that, I now have 512 x 512 texture, full light mapping AND shaders turned on and (apart from the colour lighting bugs) works just fine.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2006 02:36
full lightmapping works well now. I haven't had any issues and the laoding tim eis alot better.

Regards,
RF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 23:26:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 23:26:02