Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DirectX surface.canvas handle

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 00:20
Hi,
Am looking for a way of accessing the DirectX surface where Dark GDK is drawing the 3d stuff.
I can obtain the window handle, but have not figured out how to obtain the DX Surface and its contents.
I want to copy the contents of the surface canvas to another window canvas (yes, am speaking pascal) at runtime.

May the 3d force B with U
Cypher Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
I admit I'm using DGDK.NET and don't know much about what you're trying to do, but Display.GetBackbufferPtr or GetDirect3D9 might do the trick... maybe...
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 04:17
My version is win32, and the functions seem to be different. I see here dbGetBackBufferPtr but not the other one. Anyway, thanks and I will post results.

What I need to do is to "capture" the image in the backbuffer so I can paste it over a normal form, so I can use the layered window attributes and make my rendered window transparent in certain areas.
The directX surface does not seem to allow color keyed transparency, unless you use regions, which take forever to calculate.

Thx again...

Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2007 17:47
check the header files for /real/ function listings. theres a few undocumented ones I use frequently like dbGetDirect3DDevice()

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2007 18:41
Thank you. I tested an alternate, higher level algorithm that seem to work fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:18:39