Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Flashlight! Real! Not a Lie!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 16:41 Edited at: 28th Jun 2006 16:15
This is not a Aprils Fool
This is not a Joke
This is not a Lie
This was made fully by me (Zizaco)
This is Free to use anywere you want

I dedicate this to:
All FPSC Comunity members!
All who belived me!

Thats impossible to make a Flashlight Script!
YES

So!? Are you liering right?(that youve done a Flashlight)
NO!

HOW?
I've just edited the FPSC-Game.exe source!

Screens?
Here they are! XD

With no light! But when you got near...

...you got it ILLUMINATED!!

Wow! How does it works?
It works like:
There is not a light bulb following the player. No. But there is a shadow penumbra envolving the hole map! When the player gets near the wall, that part of the shadow disapear! The player have a light area around him, (flashlight) and that "iluminates" the map
The other think thats make the shadow disapear is the lightbulbs (lightmap).

Does it slowdown the game?
NO!
In real it does it runs more fast! cause the areas that is fully covered by the shadow will not be rendered! it works like a fog!
So your game will runs faster then wiouth it

How does i get this to work in my game!!!!?
In the next post i will attach the modified FPSC-Game.exe. Just put it in yourgamedir overwrite the original file and run.
PS:I know that no one likes to download .exe files, so if dont are secure to download this file please let any MOD download it first and say if the file is secure
Its just a recompilled FPSC-Game.exe
So after you get this new .exe go to the "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishgamebankmygame" and opens the "setuplevel.fpi" in Notepad.
So change the lines of the Fog and Ambience. They should be the 7º and 8º lines, to:

Save it and Close it.
Go to the "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishtextfiles" and open the "fpsc-050.ini" change it to:

Save it and close. Ok now look in the languagebankenglishtextfiles folder and modify fpsc-050.ini so that the number is 629 instead of 625, now open fpsc-050.txt and add lines to the end of the file like this:

Save it and close.
Now go to [YourGameDir] put the modified FPSC-Game.exe on that. Rename to "YourGame".exe and run!
I hope you liked it!

Tips and Tricks
To desable/enable flashlight just do a switch follow the player and when its activated turn on/off the fog. Cause this flashlight system uses the fog to create the shadow. So you activating/deactvating you enable/disable the Flashlight.

NEXT UPDATES(Coming Soon)
A Lens Flare Thats gona be on the camera direction.(done)
A key (Problably G) to disable and Enable the Flashlight

UPDATES 28/06/2006
Light Mask (Lens Flare)
Now, your flashlight will not look like a torch, it will be a spotlight like in RealLife. I hope you like this update.

Screens:

How does it Works?
I've created a light mask, that only let the lighted area aparear thought the alpha areas of this image:

How i get it to work?
Download the next atached file (flashlight.dds)
Put the flashlight.dds in the "[YourGameDir]/Files/gamecore/huds"
Go to "[YourGameDir]/Files/languagebank/English/gamebank/mygame" and Open the "setuplevel.fpi"
Find the line:

And overwrite by this:

Ok, Noew run the FPSC-Game.exe and Enjoy

Best Regards! Zizaco!

Sorry for my bad inglish!
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 16:43 Edited at: 28th Jun 2006 16:15
Modified FPSC-Game.exe:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=918773

Lightmask flashlight.dds
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=923647

And now im gonna ask for each user that uses/download this, to post what u think about . Only Suggestions can make it better

Shark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 16:51
Im downloading right now Ill edit my message after i test it out.

HI
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 17:07
Ok, thanks for making the new thread; I'll get rid of the old one. And thanks for donating this to the community.

-Keith

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 17:21
Quote: "Ok, thanks for making the new thread; I'll get rid of the old one. And thanks for donating this to the community."

You're Welcome

SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 20:58
To activate the fog, do you just set 'Fog Active' in Global Script to 1, or something?

Something witty and/or humorous.
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 21:01
In the [YourGameDir]|Files|languagebank|English|gamebank|mygame|setuplevel.fpi change the line nº 7 to:
and to make it black (like shadow) change the 8º line to:

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 21:38
Now all you have to do is make the light flicker, and you've got a torch for those medeival games.

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2006 22:10
...and the Lens Flare wich is gonna make the light be conjured in only one direction... so it will be the perfect flashlight

snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 01:49
Thanks for this, exactly what I've been waiting for!!! Will give it a go sometime over the weekend or next week. Cheers!

Need flashlight/torch for a game demo I'm going to be working on.

Duncan Edwards is the one person who, even today, I really felt inferior to. I've never known anybody so gifted and strong and powerful with the presence that he had - Sir Bobby Charlton
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
god bless you! could i use this in LN?

of course credits and a free copy

just asking first

~*~princess~*~
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 02:29 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 02:44
A few quick statments.

PLEASE remove the insane sales pitch.

I'd prefer the source then the exe... really confused with your ramblings. (there is no light, but there is light?)

Question... what is that hard about adding in an aditional light?

Do you have to type that way... I am really [Mod Edit] at your sales pitch typing... I can't extract information and can't understand what is being said.

You claim that the shroud of 'fog' speeds up the game... I don't believe the source works that well to begin with. I mean you are yelling about it NOT rendering the models just because it isn't seen... well that is what is SUPPOSE to happen. I guess this reply is a continuation of the sales pitch annoyance... please, just make it a post not at pitch.

Merranvo... always avaliable to turn a happy day into a gloomy one.

My Government sucks, join the rebellion!
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 05:05
Zizacco,
I removed the offensive content from your post.
No more discussions about Riker 9.Period.The threads always end badly.
Using symbols to cover up your swearing is not acceptable.
Some of the things you posted could be taken as personal attacks.
I removed those too.
Swearing and personal attacks are not allowed on the FPSC forums.
If you want your thread to stay open please post by the rules.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 05:25 Edited at: 24th Jun 2006 05:29
...hmm

i havnt tried it, im kinda with Merranvo on this one, your grammar doesnt really convince me that you have put dedication into this, almost as if 1: didnt make it, or suprisingly easy or 2: scrapped from other users source code...

sorry if thats offensive, your post just gives me the impression, you cant blame me, the way you posted is too witty, i could be wrong, and by all means that you made it, great work

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
i want 2 see a 10 second video in action with the light my stupid dial up is slower than a dinosuar! and the slowskies

~*~princess~*~
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 10:03
Think you're being a bit too harsh on the guy lads to be honest. English is obviously not his first language, he's even put an apology for his 'bad inglish' (lol) in his sig.

When I have time I'll have a look at this and see if it works, sounds great to me if it does work and think the guy should be commended for sharing this with everyone. Lack of a flashlight was the only reason why my project has been put on hold...and why I was waiting impatiently for Riker9 to appear.

Haven't been on these forums for a bit (been busy at work and have also had a few personal problems) and it seems that nothing much has changed.

Thanks Zizaco for your efforts, despite a negative response from a minority of users in this forum please continue to work on this...particularly the Lens Flare idea as this would be ideal for me. Cheers!

Duncan Edwards is the one person who, even today, I really felt inferior to. I've never known anybody so gifted and strong and powerful with the presence that he had - Sir Bobby Charlton
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 11:16
A lot has changed on these forums.People are generally more friendly,more helpful and have a better attitude.
Merranvo and Jon both gave honest opinions and criticisms.They always do.They have made good points.
Neither of them are being rude.Merranvo calls it like he sees it and Jon is one of the nicest people on these forums.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
jons cool like me he is always nice to people pluse he make great textures and models! lol

i just hope riker 9 is still true poor cell

~*~princess~*~
DJ Professor K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 20:24
this isnt a flashlight, but more like a one of those petrol lighters (for those that don't know what they are, look them in the old mines in the western movies, or just google it)

anyway really great work

My love is seperated in 2 parts, 1 of them is 3ds Max 7, the other; FPSC.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah better than nothing! looks realy good i want 2 see a video!

~*~princess~*~
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 21:30
Reads post... yeah... it is a little harsh.

The issue is that first off... I can't tell what he has done. There is a light, but there is no light? The constantly excited speech (sales pitch) makes it even harder because then it covers up what is really being said.

I understand how editing the source is hard... Lee needs some work on organization... but I also understand that once you know where things are and what does what other additions are much easier. Take, as I said, adding a light... you can either add above 250 (apox) or use the weapon light as the flash light. You could even get technical and have the light as an enemy so you didn't have to worry about adding the lights, and affect the light from there.

As for a real flashlight... I would guess that you would cast a raycast and record it's position when hit... you then move the entity to that location and "shine its light".

This is a good addition... but I would like it to be more informative. I believe that you just have a light following the plr and that is great... but I am deeply confused by the way you typed it.

Your Mod was deleted by the Government.
One can only know so much, only comprehend the world to a point. After that we exist as impressionable beings. Doing nothing, being nothing, forever nothing.
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2006 22:58
For me the game was just a black screen and i couldnt do anything...

Dont forget to visit my website for scripts!
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2006 01:44
Did a tester with one room and it doesn't look any different. But didn't build the game with full light doobries. Does that matter..? Haven't got a clue what I'm doing lolololol

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah is there a video?

~*~princess~*~
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2006 06:29
I would assume that he wants dynamic lights on...

Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2006 06:35
I tried loading the game, just got a black screen. I am mad.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
probaly a joke but still have faith

~*~princess~*~
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 15:54 Edited at: 26th Jun 2006 20:32
OK... Im back... so...
Quote: "probaly a joke but still have faith"

no it isnt... so i will post a movie soon... cause as i said, IM Very Busywith Work and Studies...
I will compile a game and put to download the full game with flashligh... so you all will belive me

Quote: "I tried loading the game, just got a black screen. I am mad.
"
AS I SAID: So after you get this new .exe go to the "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishgamebankmygame" and opens the "setuplevel.fpi" in Notepad.
So change the lines of the Fog and Ambience. They should be the 7º and 8º lines, to:

Save it and Close it.
Go to the "[YourGameDir]FileslanguagebankEnglishtextfiles" and open the "fpsc-050.ini" change it to:

Save it and close. look in the languagebank\english\textfiles folder and modify fpsc-050.ini so that the number is 629 instead of 625, now open fpsc-050.txt and add lines to the end of the file like this:

Save it and close.
THEN put the .exe in dir and runs it.

Quote: "I would assume that he wants dynamic lights on..."

No, they can be static too

Quote: "English is obviously not his first language, he's even put an apology for his 'bad inglish' (lol) in his sig."

LoL. Thats because im brazilian... As i alway says: "Sorry for my bad Inglish"

Quote: "yeah is there a video?"

Ok, you want i video, so ok. Just post the link for a good free movie recorder and then i will capture and post it right now.

Quote: "god bless you! could i use this in LN?

of course credits and a free copy "

Ok You can use... ^^
Just add credits, and ilike this idea about a free copy too

Quote: "I'd prefer the source then the exe... really confused with your ramblings. (there is no light, but there is light?)"

Here is the source(ATACHED) LoL! butyou need to compile in DBpro 5.9+Enhanchements Pack.
About the "THERE IS NO LIGHT BU THERE IS LIGH!?" i will try to explain. There is no light. But there is a shadow that runs away from the places that should have light (Lightmaps and PLayer Radius) Understand now?

Quote: "...hmm

i havnt tried it, im kinda with Merranvo on this one, your grammar doesnt really convince me that you have put dedication into this, almost as if 1: didnt make it, or suprisingly easy or 2: scrapped from other users source code...

sorry if thats offensive"

Jon, I Really didnt understand what you trying to say! LoL, im bad in inglish. But i know its kinda "You are liering!" so... i think you should try it before xD.

Any Other Questions?
and pls post some Video Recorder... i want to shows you my Flash Light in Action

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 18:45
Zizaco... I will ask that you limit yourself to a tutorial on how to fix it but do not post the FPSC-050.txt file please an obvious reason is because what it contains can be used for very bad things... in fact there are 2 locked threads on this board dealing with the topic... one which was posted by me.

Quote: "If you build your own version of the game you may find a problem with a subscript out of bounds, if this is the case look in the languagebank\english\textfiles folder and modify fpsc-050.ini so that the number is 629 instead of 625, now open fpsc-050.txt and add lines to the end of the file like this -
626=A
627=A
628=A
629=A

This will stop the error message from displaying
In order to fix the Multi-Player
Expanded fpsc-050.txt by adding more entries (630-644) and changed fpsc-050.ini to 644.
Thanks Goes to Scottie for this fix"

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2006 20:51
Quote: "Jon, I Really didnt understand what you trying to say! LoL, im bad in inglish. But i know its kinda "You are liering!" so... i think you should try it before xD.
"

I wasnt saying you were a "lier" , just keep the sales pitch to a minimum, it shows a suspicious side to you character...

-Jon

Vol.2 coming this summer
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2006 03:58
Perhaps it should be made clear that he's not actually selling anything, so it's more correctly hype, than a sales pitch.

Maybe calling a product the "Ultimate Static Entity Pack for FPSC" is more of a sales pitch? Maybe you should have a look at the recent polycount/cgchat competition if you want to see "Ultimate" game art.

Sorry, but your pack doesn't qualify. Not sayimg their rubbish, but it's a bit hypocritical given your treatment of Zizaco, and smacks of snobbery.

Obviously, Zizaco is a bit of a caffeine fan, but I don't really get why he's being bashed like this.

Give the kid a chance.
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2006 22:50
Are peopple being having success using flashlight?
No ones post if like it

OGI
Years of Service
User Offline
It does work Can you tell me please what numbers do i have to change to make the light range smaller and stronger.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 01:12
Couldn't get it to work mate...but will try again later. Not sober...World Cup and everything lol.

Really think I need step-by-step idiot-proof instructions. Have been away from FPSC for a while and can't remember much to be honest.

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
I got this to work Zizaco. It is very useful, but how do you change the brightness of the light?
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 14:29
Hmmm...
You cant change it... cause these iniformations are in the FPSC-Game.exe so i only change when compiles it.

But i will try to make a way to capture this value from the "setuplevel.fpi". So the .exe will retrive from a new value that you will put in there...
So... i will work on it

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 16:05 Edited at: 28th Jun 2006 16:06
UPDATES
Light Mask (Lens Flare)
Screens

How does it Works?
I've created a light mask, that only let the lighted area aparear thought the alpha areas of this image:

How i get it to work?
Go to "[YourGameDir]/Files/languagebank/English/gamebank/mygame" and Open the "setuplevel.fpi"
Find the line:

And overwrite by this:

Ok, Noew run the FPSC-Game.exe and Enjoy

Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 16:08
Attached File
flashlight.dds

Attachments

Login to view attachments
OGI
Years of Service
User Offline
To do this do i have to make first the first steps you made(in the bigining of the tread) using the modifaid game exe ore it needs the flashlight.dds and the 2 last codes you putted?
OGI
Years of Service
User Offline
No boter ive got it working.Naw all we need is a comand boton for turning on and of the flashlight.O btw im starting to make a red light mask for terror games.Something like the gadgets from CONDEMNED
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2006 19:46
Quote: "No boter ive got it working.Naw all we need is a comand boton for turning on and of the flashlight.O btw im starting to make a red light mask for terror games.Something like the gadgets from CONDEMNED"

OK im working on it (key to turn off the flashligh)
about the red mask for terror games... i liked your idea

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
wow this is so cool!!!

but confuseing but cool

~*~princess~*~
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Zizaco this is great! My light was not bright because it was a yellowish color. I checked the setuplevel.fpi and found that ambience blue was not high enough. Now it works fine.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
i cant do it can u help?

~*~princess~*~
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2006 14:37
Quote: "i cant do it can u help?"

What you cant do? the flashlight works?

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
yhea i tried and it kinda worked but it only showed in esc menu i realy want this to work so can you help Zizaco?

~*~princess~*~
Zizaco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 14:20 Edited at: 30th Jun 2006 14:23
Find the line:

And overwrite by this:

But change all the / (bars) to the \bars. (its because here in tgc forum the other bar didnt works in code snipets ) \//\//
I hope it works now

Aydan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2006 14:30
I'm about to try this thing out man and it looks amazing and just the thing I need for my game. One thing though, can you possibly make the key F for the flashlight? I mean it seems right if you get me. Also it would be cool if someone could model a nice torch with no hand for us to use with this! (HINT HINT)
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
its nice i wish i can get it to work

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4795/lntitle5nm.png
Michael S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2006 06:20
Ziz, great job. the flashlight looks great.

I pity the noob!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 03:31:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 03:31:34