Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Multiplayer Club Map Vote

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 03:52 Edited at: 11th Jun 2007 05:05
The first poll for maps for the first multiplayer club month is now running! Vote here (website thanks to Clips!):
http://www.klanwarfare.com

Sign Up, login to the forums, go to Game Nominations and check out the sticky to vote! Poll lasts for 15 days.

If you would like to host, please contact me via e-mail or post on the Hosting Board at the website.

If this first month (July) turns out good, we can set up championships for later months where the winner can win a prize submitted by forum members.

Mods, you can lock the old thread. Now I'm off to make a banner for this thing

EDIT: Yippee, new banner

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 04:07 Edited at: 11th Jun 2007 04:28
I've almost finished making my multiplayer map - Iron Maze Craze. Pretty much a bunch of funky patterns of Iron on each floor, with obstacles, through which you fight the other players.

Tom

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 04:12
I would like to do this. But I can't play anything not made in 1.05 .

TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Where can I download it looks really good!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 05:05
Alan - Everything is required to be 1.05

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 12:12 Edited at: 11th Jun 2007 12:16
Quote: "(website thanks to Clips!):
http://www.klanwarfare.com"

I see you using PHPNuke for website, good idea and very nice script BUT you do not have the PHPNuke Copyright at footer witch is required! I’m sorry to be pedantic but I thought you should know!

I have attached Copyright!
PHP-Nuke is free software, released under GNU GPL Licence version 2.0

More info here http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Commercial_License

FPSCreator content, information and resources.

http://x-games.mdhost.info/index.htm

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Gaahh, 1.05 doesnt work for me, do I really have to use it?

I like my sig.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 16:44
@X Games - I wasn't aware of that, I'll contact clips about it.

@fxgamer - Sorry, but alot of people here have routers, and its the only thing they can play on.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 16:56
Airslide,I have allways bein able to play FPS Creator MP games with my router(s).Its more the configuration of the router i think,as it works fine here.(Besides hosting...Bloody password protected crap)

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 17:01
I don't have my router hooked to my pc at the moment but when I did I had no problem hosting or playing multiplayer games.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 17:10
I have around 30 maps made by people in my classes, I might have to upload a few!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 18:14
you teach FPSC Well I have a very small, 5 player, map that is pretty fun. When I have touched it up would you consider it for use in the FPSC Multiplayer Club?
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 18:36
I say StealthRecoil.

Duplex Creations Has now teamed up with X games.
X games Website
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 19:00
Airslide - Thanks

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 23:43
@x - Thank you for being observant on licensing. I do hold a commercial license with php-nuke on many sites developed.
here is my account id number - 19850003
and my license # VXBkYXRlQXV0aG9y

As a web developer I have designed many websites using many cms's like php-nuke, along with joombla, xoops, post-nuke etc etc and I do hold licenses with all of them for comercial use on many differnet websites. As most of my clients are companies.

The klanwarfare site was originally attended to be a commercial site for league game players. back about 3 years ago. (instead we developed halostats.com)So I scraped the site and last year I was renewing it to be a FPSC Multiplayer site that wasnt panning out and now handed it over to the group (mainly airslide). But yes the license is a one time fee per domain name so the license is still intact with that domain no matter what it changes to as long as I remain owner of the host in which this case I do.

Anyways I hope this clears things up for you. And anybody else who may have questions about the legitimacy of the website.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 23:47 Edited at: 11th Jun 2007 23:48
@FredP and Prince of Darkness - I've been able to host LAN games fine, not with anyone on the internet though (namely someone across the country ). It may be the router setup, but everything I've tried doesn't work

@X Games - I e-mailed clips about what you said and this was his reply:
Quote: "Yeah x-games is referring to if you don't pay for your copy and are using gnu/gpl version. (general public license) I do have an account and have paid for a bulk set some time ago for several websites that I have out there. Any questions about this he can refer to this page http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=Commercial_License. So no worries on copyright notices. If he feels I am violating anything then of course he can go to php-nuke.org and register a complaint and then they can tell him that I am a registered user within there group.

And the theme is my own build so this area is covered to.....

But remember what group we come from everybody screams for doing things the legitimate way that sometimes they get to hung up on a copyright notice and not read on that there is a commercial side to this also."

@Duplex - It will be in the vote for August, I wanted to keep this one small so everything could be gotten together first.

@ALL

If you want to support the FPSC Multiplayer Club, put this in your sig:

And the result:

And don't forget to vote everyone!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a good idea I might do a map as well.

Best s4
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 00:05
Please do, and nominate it for August Hopefully we won't have everyone torn between loyalties if this many maps shows up

Vote today and play the games!
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 00:31 Edited at: 12th Jun 2007 00:31
@ Airslide
@ CLiPs

Thanks for clearing that up and hope I did not rattle any cages!

Regards

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 00:55
Don't worry, we don't have cages. Just caves.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you guys doing a newsletter? Do you need help?

I like my sig.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 01:39
@x Ah no cages rattled over here. Ive got a history over here helping keep people legit with the products they use and display here so I totally understand where you was coming from. I just wanted to help clear things up so we can get back to getting this project off the ground and get us all playing and having fun with this.

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 01:47
"ace"
Will signup to site shortly once I find 5 min as I have a WIP MP game I would like to add once done, have posted in FPSC showcase

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=107967&b=25

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 06:31
CLiPs, I am unable to send mail to AOL from my mail server so I will answer here.

Thanks for your consideration. Yes, I would like to have a link back to fpsFREE and I will do the same for klanwarfare.com. If you want an image link, click the "Link to Us" link on my site for some banners. Otherwise, whatever works well with your site will be fine.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 08:56
Sweet I will post you very soon here... Seems the new patch I got for the website is hendering my iframes and tables so posting a simple message with images next to them are becoming a pain.... I just put a ticket in and should get an answer by tomorrow on ow to get this worked around... But I am glad to get your permission to post your website....

Ive also got clips@klanwarfare.com incase people can't get ahold of me on that nasty old aol

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2007 18:25
Quote: "If you want to support the FPSC Multiplayer Club, put this in your sig:"

I think I'll design my own if thats alright with you, I dont like that one.

Duplex Creations Has now teamed up with X games.
X games Website
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 01:40
Feel free I may design a new one later anyways - I'm still getting the hang of Gimp.

Things on the website may jump back, as Clips will hopefully be switching it over to platinum for PHP-Nuke. He says it has many more features and I figured we should go with the change while this thing is still young. Hopefully we can preserve the memberlist if not then you'll have to sign up again. Sorry for any inconveniences

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 13:55
PHP-Nuke platinum is the most stable nuke script to use and clips if right that it has better features BUT if you are going to switch I recommend vWar PNC 4.2.0 phpnuke-clan.net, most of the online game clans are using it and if you want the most out of php-nuke this is the game script to use!

http://www.vwar.de/

http://www.phpnuke-clan.net/index.php

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 16:37
That might be overkill, from the looks of it

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 19:20
Quote: "That might be overkill"

Don't know what you mean but no more than nuke itself, ok i'll leave to it and hope you get a good website for this nice idea

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 05:58
This is a bit unrelated to the multiplayer club, but for my guide coming soon, I think I *may* have found a way to have an offensive/defensive capture-the-flag (one team defends the flag, other attempts to take it). I think I can even prevent the defending team from taking the flag. This will be awesome if it works!

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 09:28
man i could have entered but a while back when i tried building my multiplayer game it just froze, but thankfully ig toa new computer.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 13:39 Edited at: 15th Jun 2007 13:48
Quote: "PHP-Nuke platinum is the most stable nuke script to use and clips if right that it has better features BUT if you are going to switch I recommend vWar PNC 4.2.0 phpnuke-clan.net,"

Hey there my apologies for not stoping by the forums to check on the thread. Im fully aware of all the different CMS's out there. And yeah Ive been looking into PNC also. That way there is a stats systems in place for everybody who plays not to mention a place for people to have bragging rights.

But my license does not go past platinum so ofcourse if I was to go with PNC even though its still nuke its a modified version and I would have to adhere to there links on the bottom of the website. Not that thats a bad thing.

But with PNC there is a problem out there with the mainfile exploit which PNC has not got the fix intergrated into its install pack and I havent seen the stand alone fix for this either. I do have the latest version of platinum 7.6.b.4 v2 which does have the fix for the exploit so I am leaning towards stability vs someone tearing the site down after all the work.

Currently Ive got 2 other host up with both PNC (hoping to find the mainfile exploit fix stand alone)and Platinum up on it with my theme running on both versions and I am now working on bringing the information thats on the main site over. Only problem is the nuke thats up is 7.9 and going back to 7.6 is a weee bit buggy no matter what direction I go with as far as putting members accounts there or the forum etc.

If everybody doesnt mind I can have the site up within 3 hours totally working but the drawback is getting everybody to re-signup which I feel is a drag on your alls part and trying to do everything I can to avoid this so we dont loose anybody as far as members. If I dont get the database transfer figured out (which isnt hard Ive done this many times) Then on Saturday night ill take the site down and put up all the proper files and get the site in the condition thats stable and enjoyable for all its members. And I will drop everybody an email to let them all know they need to resign up that way we can move past getting the site off the ground and get into enjoying our game playing.

PS.... Thank you all for being very patient with me getting this thing done right...

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks great :/ hopefully TGC will open there eyes and realise MP is a main factor in FPSC.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 19:55
Well, I'm having issues. The website is locking ME out (that's problematic) and it appears we've had people fiddling with it unless that was Clips, which I doubt. This may be on hold for awhile.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 21:58
I can't get on there either.I think it might have gotten hacked.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 22:24
It sure looks good though, all dressed up with fpsFREE banners. LOL

I thought he was upgrading and we would have to setup new accounts? I just created a new account with same info as the old and I'm in.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 00:21
I had to sign up again too.You'll have to make me a mod there again as soon as you get your uber administrative powers back.

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 00:36 Edited at: 20th Jun 2007 00:36
Yeah i signed up again, site is looking much better now BUT it needing some administrative powers there as the forums are of topic and random!

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 02:24 Edited at: 20th Jun 2007 02:37
@Airslide - Nope you didnt get locked out until Sentinel got re-activated without putting your ip# in to the system. I've got it back to where you can access the system again.

@FredP - Hmmm shouldnt be getting locked out unless your loging into the admin area. And if so then we need to get your information back into the system and get your ip listed into sentinel so you will not have this issue again Oh and the site wasnt hacked Airslide turned on Sentinel before excluding his ip# and your ip# without those in the database it will lock you out.

@xplosys - I thought you might like that (smiling)

@X Games - Yes due to the constraints of sql I wasnt able to reverse enginer the sql tables without stripping it down totally. So to make things easier I had reset the membership database and sent everybody an email asking them to come back. And as far as admin's on the site I'm not sure I am hoping we got fredp onboard and airslide to help with some administration on the site but he and I havent chatted about it yet so I don't know

My appologies to anybody who has been having a hard time. The site is functional and ready to go. There are alot of little fine points that do need to be resolved But Airslide and I will be working these things out as we go.

---------------Edit---------------
@FredP Just reread the forums sorry i've been looking at codes for a while so im skipping over alot of fine details on the forum here. Absolutely ill get you on as an admin on the site. Be a few seconds and you will have all the access you will need to do whats necessary on the site.
---------------Edit---------------
Poof your an admin.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 02:25
For some laughs....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 02:45
Yes the screen of death.... Your IP# is now in sentinel so you should not have any issues with this anymore...
I do need to get FredP's info so I can get him out of the system as far as being blocked....

Best of all atleast you know the antihack works.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 03:38
Cool.Thanks.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 01:21
Quote: "
Best of all atleast you know the antihack works."

lol yea...I need to go setup a new survey now.

Just imagine if something like Nuke sentinel controlled your house - you forget to set your feet in the right place at the door so you're permenantly locked out

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 03:56
Hey wanna here something funny. I was leaving the house locked my door to find out I left my keys inside. Had to break into my house looked everywhere for my keys couldnt find them then when I went to get something to drink and wanted some ice for my drink there was my key's
How's that for stupidity.... I guess thats the first thing that goes when you get old...Your memory

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 04:32
Haha. I had to do that once. lol

When I try to log in, it says that there is no corresponding data or something.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 17:07
Inspire - Try now. I think its starting to work again, lol. This platinum thing might have been more trouble than its worth

Clips - Ever had to go through one of those teeny tiny bathroom windows? Elevated to the ceiling? The resulting crash is not very comfortable

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 15:51
Wow, this is a mess. It is the 27th and I still haven't gotten a new poll up. Of course, we only have one hoster too which is definently a problem. Not to mention issues with the website and the fact that I won't be playing/hosting because all that's working on my end is an old(ish) laptop...

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 14:22
I see you have changed the site again and using vWar now?

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
If you need any more hosters, i'll be available to host some games. One question though, how do we submit our multiplayer maps?

[center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:03:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:03:44