Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / 100% FREE Dbp Media Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 18:56 Edited at: 1st Apr 2007 19:40
Well I decided to relase this today the whole pack extracted is nearly 200mb the terrains from the wip thread aren't included (Ask if you want them uploaded I'm sure as long as they stay free it's alright to upload them)

The pack contains all editable files, Code snippets (Attached), Menu Templates, Loading Screens (Animated and static), Bitmap fonts, some 3d models with textures, ergh and a bomb more enjoy

Feel free to use them Commericaly , Royalty - Free but please ask Zotoaster if you use his snippets before going commerical with them, anything else just use however

Download link: http://hosted.filefront.com/chrisfranklin/ - Sorry for the delay
Code Snippets Download link: http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/?i=1155446

Screenshot of some of the stuff being used:

This isn't the best stuff othe pack in that screenshot but it gives you a basic idea and you can edit these around to your need. Enjoy

Files made in:
Images and bmp fonts and all other 2d: Macromedia fireworks
3d models: Cinema 4d

Note: All Folders are rar'd into the main rar you can use 7-zip to extract this or any other rar compatible program.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 20:32
Quote: "please ask Zotoaster if you use his snippets before going commerical with them,"

Anyone can use the snippets/libaries if they want. That's why I released them to the forums

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 13:48
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up

Anyone got any comments?

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 14:57 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2007 19:44
Sounds cool, downloading now. Will edit post/give feedback after I try it.

My ratings:

8/10 3D Models --- could add more detail

7/10 Menu Backdrops --- simple, effective, but again could add more detail

7/10 FPS Hud Templates --- The first one was a clean design... the second one you definitely need to improve

6/10 Crosshairs --- Well... they need work - and the black ones are hard to see in dark levels

9.5/10 Bitmap fonts --- Awesome! On the blue-bevel, you might want to make it "crisper", and "cleaner"

8.5/10 RPG Elements --- Pretty good. On the "Info Bar", more contrast would definitely improve user readability.

8.5/10 Particles --- One of the better packs out there

Summary: One the whole, I'd say to stick to 2D. It's your better side. Don't keep things too simple - but then don't make them hurt your eyes! Good job. Save the whales!

8/10 Entire pack

G2L

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 16:54
Quote: "Sounds cool, downloading now. Will edit post/give feedback after I try it. "

Neat, let me know when ya can hope ya like it.

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 17:07
ah just seen your feedback, thanks glad ya liked them, anyone else downloaded?

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 17:10 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 17:11
Just some advice: Maybe people would like screenies of some of the models/gfx?

G2L

EDIT: Also, if I use the pack, I would like to give you credit. Do you have a 'name' of preference?

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 18:06
Quote: "EDIT: Also, if I use the pack, I would like to give you credit. Do you have a 'name' of preference?"

Just put Chris Franklin as the name or Chris Franklin aka sr3d

or something along those lines.

Quote: "Just some advice: Maybe people would like screenies of some of the models/gfx?"

yea hmm i'll get something sorted messing around with dp trying to get particle emitters to work. Pointer errors.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 19:14
Thanks for the uber media.Nice stuff.

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 18:07
Glad you like it Use it in fpsc as well if you want. I don't mind

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 00:24
I'm confused about how you use the code snippits. It would have been a lot easier if you put actual DBP project files in the folders that they belong in.

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 01:21
Quote: "I'm confused about how you use the code snippits. It would have been a lot easier if you put actual DBP project files in the folders that they belong in."

er they're just functions and some of my old projects source code files in txt docs just paste them in dbp and code away same with zotoasters.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 17:02 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 17:03
Looks pretty cool! Just a couple of things:

Could you include some bitmap font loading code or functions? That way, I can use them in my games more easily...

Quote: "8.5/10 Particles --- One of the better packs out there"

Where are the particles?

Thanks,
-Sixty Squares

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 17:48
Quote: "Quote: "8.5/10 Particles --- One of the better packs out there"

Where are the particles?"

Er... in the "Particles" sub-folder.

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 18:03 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 18:04
I had to remove the particles lol sorry about that ergh, need to check with the creatos of exgen before I add them back didn't realise they were in there before

Quote: "Could you include some bitmap font loading code or functions? That way, I can use them in my games more easily..."

I'm using extends for that, not sure how to do it with native dbp code.

MartinS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 18:23
Quote: "I had to remove the particles lol sorry about that"

That's what you call first come, first serve.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 20:32 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 20:33
@Sixty Squares:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74431&b=4

There you go. In the bottom of the first post you will find Scraggle's functions for both loading a bitmap font correctly, and also for displaying them. I've used it in a couple of my game projects before, and they work great. You should give them a try

Hope it helped.

Cheers.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 21:44
Chris: Awesome pack! You have some great stuff in there.

Lucky I told you about the particle license stuff right? You could have gotten sued!.

Like I said, I'm not competeing. But your thread sure does get ALOT more attention then mine

Keep it up man

-Mansoor
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 00:50
Quote: "Chris: Awesome pack! You have some great stuff in there."

Quote: "
Keep it up man "

Thanks Will do.

Quote: "Like I said, I'm not competeing. But your thread sure does get ALOT more attention then mine "

lol

More stuff coming soon people.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 05:28
@Chris Franklin_ About the particles: Darnit!

@The Nerd: Cool thanks for reminding me of that (I'd forgotten I had those). I was just wondering how to load the ones in this pack.

vibe runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 02:44
Chris - can you email me the particles, please? just to look at them. Me? I'm .....

viberunner ... at gmail.com
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 11:36 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 18:00
Quote: "Chris - can you email me the particles, please? just to look at them. Me? I'm ..... "

Sorry can't really because if everyone did that I'd be sending them left and right I'll E-mail Binarysun when the support page works again and see what they say about it.

Edit: [09/4/07]

I've decided I'm giving up coding, and well I've got many reasons really. Hopefully you'll understand

Game dev was taking over my life and I don't want that to happen, I never left the house apart from the odd couple of days every 2 weeks and I want to get out more and play my pc games instead of coding one that I'll probably never finish, I know everyone here will be a success in 1 way or another and well good luck with your hobby in Game dev I guess it didn't really suit me coding and I've been lieing to myself that it does, many thanks to everyone here (Lost in thought, Zotoaster, Rich, Diggsey e.t.c [insert forum member list here])

It's been a blast and well I'll be over at the atari forums if you want me ever
Thanks for all the support everyone has given over the last year or 2, I just feel now it's time I move on and work more towards the job I want, I know now coding just isn't me and it probably never will be, I know you'll all say "He'll be back they always come back" but I don't feel this will be the case this time, later everyone and thanks again for the support.

- Chris

P.S: Matt I'll still be over at misoft if you need me, just E-mail me every now and then

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 12:43
Here's a mirror that might help with downloads (I had a bit of trouble with the filefront getting it):

http://mapmasterz.com/lit/DBP_Media_pack.rar

Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 19:51
Sorry to hear you're leaving. Good luck with everything. BTW i can't DL the filefront file ("invalid session set"), and the mirrored version is apparently corrupted (i downloaded twice to be sure).

You'll be able to click on this someday.
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 11:49 Edited at: 12th May 2007 11:50
Quote: "Sorry to hear you're leaving. Good luck with everything. BTW i can't DL the filefront file ("invalid session set"), and the mirrored version is apparently corrupted (i downloaded twice to be sure).
"

hm I'll look into that because filefront was working fine last time I checked, zotoaster for the 2nd time convinced me to carry on with dbp so i'm like really confused on what to do now, lol.

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 21:47 Edited at: 12th May 2007 21:48
Quote: "He'll be back they always come back" but I don't feel this will be the case this time"

So your not quitting, then what was that you were saying?
Btw, im not back, as much as id love to recreate one of my games, or even make a new one, I really cant be bothered; guess im just lazy.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 23:44
Quote: "Btw, im not back, as much as id love to recreate one of my games, or even make a new one, I really cant be bothered; guess im just lazy."

I get that, just go for it lol ya get hooked on it

sneaky smith12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2007 23:58
I always love free stuff. This one I love even more than free samples at Wal-Mart (which takes a lot) .

Nice Job there man.

If at first you dont succeed, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS.
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 15:26
Quote: "This one I love even more than free samples at Wal-Mart (which takes a lot) ."

LOL! Thanks, glad you like it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 18:33:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 18:33:40