Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Horror Mod - For Sale

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 13:16 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 23:26

Hi guys, due to my having no time left to maintain Horror Mod and provide support within a reasonable time-frame I have decided that I am going to sell Horror Mod to another forum user.

This is what you will be getting:
Horror Mod v3.2 source code (latest release).
Newest Horror Mod 3.3 beta source code with breakable walls (DarkPhysics).
The customer base as it is now.
The Horror Mod website, also comes with PSD's for editing.
For the domain name (www.horrormod.eu) you'd have it until the money I've already payed for it expires then you'd have to buy it again if you wanted to.
I will also include my DBPro ragdoll code so far.
You will also receive the Horror Mod Particle Creator source code and installer.

Purchasing Horror Mod:
If you wish to purchase Horror Mod then please send me a private offer buy email to: knxrb@yahoo.co.uk
Or alternatively you can make a public offer on this thread.

By buying Horror Mod you will receive the full rights to Horror Mod, I will not retain any kind of links to it other than as the 'Creator of the original Horror Mod'.
You will be able to do anything with Horror Mod such as merging it with an existing mod etc..

My Main Condition:
Anyone can make an offer but one condition of the purchase is that support for the current Horror Mod users must be provided for a minimum of three weeks after the purchase has been completed.
I am adding this to protect my existing customers and so that I know that they will have support.

And last but not least:
I would like to say now that my final decision of who I choose to purchase Horror Mod is final, I will not change my mind afterwards.
Also I will not necessarily accept the highest offer, it also depends on your forum status and how capable I think the bidder is of maintaining and progressing Horror Mod.

To obtain extra information, please free free to email me.

Some information about the sales of Horror Mod and the projected sales of Horror Mod for the next year:
Approximately 33 people have bought it in the past 4-5 months at £13.00 GBP which totals £429.00 GBP.

So making projected sales for the next year assuming that approximately that many people purchase it again in 6 months (with approximately 1.5 months of no purchases per 6 months); if 66 people purchase it over the next year then the total sales gained will be £858.00 GBP.

knxrb

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Good Morning, knxrb, so do this mean that you will not be making a tutorial on how to do some of the stuff the Horror Mod can do?
Please advise. thanks in advance. you are the best. i hope you have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 13:46 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 18:22
Yes, I can make a tutorial still

knxrb

Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! knxrb, You are the Best! I hope you have a Awesome day!

Cheers,
Tanya.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 17:34
How much will it cost?
I would love to work on it, I'm getting quite good with DBpro
I would give you $60, no more could I afford.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 17:36 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 18:22
I don't have a set price for it, I'm just taking offers and seeing if there are any good ones or not.

knxrb

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 17:37
Do you consider that a good one?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 17:39 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 18:22
I'm not saying anything publicly about any offers

knxrb

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 17:47
I have attacked the source to see what I can do (I dont mean horror mod source, since I dont have it)
And here is what I have done: I would add it to horror mod.

1. Recoil when shot
2. Basic helicopter support (still needs some work)
3. increased map editor size and made it rotatable.

alll that in about two weeks, but there are a couple of chopper bugs

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 18:14 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 18:22
Cool, good to see you are editing the map editor source

knxrb

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 20:15
i don't want the horror mod for my self, but i think you should think about selling it to someone who already has a mod. this would probably make their schedule busy, but HM source code would be in goo hands. if you think this is a good idea than i would recommend you sell HM to Hockeykid or Scene Commander.

Best of luck

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 20:57 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 21:00
Thats a dumb Idea, because both their mods are free.
That means that either
1. They would have to try and do two mods
or
2. They would integrate this into their current mod which would mean that all those who payed for HM would get ripped off.

Someone who is capable of maintaining it (I beleive I would qualify) who doesnt have to worry about an existing mod they already have should get it.

Years of Service
User Offline
knxrb, who do we email when we need a new key? the reason why i asked this question, today i had to reformat my computer...when i tried to reinstall Horror Mod and i put the key i had received...it said this key was already used.it's not letting me input the key just wondering... thanks in advance. you are the best!

Cheers,
Tanya.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 21:20
I agree with Egg Head because others would know what to do with the source and even more awesome things would come from it. Its up to whoever wants to buy it though.

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
So is this going to happen like an auction? (highest bidder type thing and an end date)

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 21:44 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 21:45
I's not like an auction where the highest bidder wins. I'm just asking people to make offers if they want to buy it and then I'll choose from the offers if I can see some good ones. Although obviously the higher the amount offered, the greater the chance of being the chosen offer.

@Leaning Objects To The Side: If you need a new key then just email me

knxrb

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I's not like an auction where the highest bidder wins. I'm just asking people to make offers if they want to buy it and then I'll choose from the offers if I can see some good ones.

@Leaning Objects To The Side: If you need a new key then just email me

knxrb
"

Now if we use the source we don't have to sell the mod we make with it do we?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 21:49
You can do whatever you like with it so long as you provide main support for the existing Horror Mod customers for a minimum of three weeks.

knxrb

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 22:16
I am wanting to carry on Horror mod REALLY REALLY REALLY bad
I have thought of nothing else today
Just finished adding **basic** vehicle support in my mod
Very buggy ATM though
Made the map twice as big and added eight extra layers.

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 22:24
My personal opinion is with general jackson, he seems eager enough to do it and i like the sound of what he's put forward, or Hockeykid, imagine fenix with particles, water (already a wip anyway), bloom, darkphysics and possibly ragdoll!

thats just my 5 cents anyway.

Steam: mogbog123
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Leaning Objects To The Side: If you need a new key then just email me "

knxrb,even after you sell Horror Mod? just wondering..

Cheers,
Tanya.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 22:30 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 22:31
Player now gets blown about 3 feet in the air when killed by flak...

{edit}knxrb,even after you sell Horror Mod? just wondering..
I will send you the keys if I get it

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 22:32 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 22:35
Why not just sell your source to both of them (or anyone that wants it for that matter)? Not only would you make more profit this way, but it would give more expansion to other mods already out there, which would add more selection for the community. I'm sure one of the buyers would be willing to continue support for original Horror Mod owners. Just a suggestion

Kravenwolf

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 22:33
Yeah, then I could have it cheaper
Right now I'm willing to work until I have $150 if necessary.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:16 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 23:17
I agree with Kravenwolf, just sell it to everyone that way at least it still gets developed, but everyone gets to add what they want, instead of what one person added. Plus for anyone that bought it, it would be a great learning tool.

This signature is legen-wait for it... dary };]
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:17 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 23:18
General Jackson does seem to want to continue it a lot but then again I do think that fenix mod would be good with it.
I like Kravenwolf's idea of selling it to both.

Quote: "it would be a great learning tool"

True.

Quote: "knxrb,even after you sell Horror Mod? just wondering.. "

After selling HM I wouldn't have the authority to give out licences for the pro versions anymore.

knxrb

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:19 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 23:19
That is a good idea Kraven Seconded..or thirded..or whatever we're on now.
Woops sorry knxrb, didn't see your post

dark peanut

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:21
Quote: "General Jackson does seem to want to continue it a lot but then again I do think that fenix mod would be good with it.
"

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:22 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 23:23
Quote: "General Jackson does seem to want to continue it a lot but then again I do think that fenix mod would be good with it."

...and?
Its obvious every one would benefit from selling the mod to whoever wants at it.

dark peanut

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:24 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 23:25
Hi guys, I've got some more information about the sales of Horror Mod and the projected sales of Horror Mod for the next year:

Approximately 33 people have bought it in the past 4-5 months at £13.00 GBP which totals £429.00 GBP.

So making projected sales for the next year assuming that approximately that many people purchase it again in 6 months (with approximately 1.5 months of no purchases per 6 months); if 66 people purchase it over the next year then the total sales gained will be £858.00 GBP.

Just thought I'd let you know about the possible earnings that can be gained from Horror Mod.

knxrb

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:29
Yes, I want it for myself
Adding my airplane code from a game I was making to the source.

Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "After selling HM I wouldn't have the authority to give out licences for the pro versions anymore."

then what will people need to do, if they needed a new key if you no longer own Horror Mod? just wondering...sorry to be asking so many questions..

Cheers,
Tanya.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:44
They would contact he-who-had-the-source

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:45
What GJ said

knxrb

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:49
you said

I's not like an auction where the highest bidder wins. I'm just asking people to make offers if they want to buy it and then I'll choose from the offers if I can see some good ones. Although obviously the higher the amount offered, the greater the chance of being the chosen offer.

this is exacly what an auction is lol, you contridicted your self there. an auction is a place to where people place bids on objects then the higest bitter or person that cares for the object the most will win that bid. have you ever been to an auction?

any way, I dont see why some one would want to buy the rights to your mod as if they knew how to wright a mod they would just write one for them selfs. i guarinty you if any one buys this its just becouse they want to learn how you did it. but then all they really need to do is download the extras for dark basic pro then studdie it like i did, ohh and like you did. its real easy to learn and impliment. ive made so many difrent mods my self. i never relised them but its pretty easy to do.but yes, if your set on selling it sell it to some one that knows how to change it around, that would be some one that has already made a mod.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:51
No, Daniel, It saves whoever buys it a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttt of coding, look at the feature list for the mod

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 23:57 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 23:57
@Daniel: In an auction the product goes to the highest bidder, as I said before I am accepting offers but I will choose the offer that I think is best. Offering a higher amount will increase your chances of being picked but as I said before it will not be the only factor.

knxrb

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 00:13
The important thing is that horror mod is integrated with Fenix mod.

Having particles and ragdoll in Fenix mod would be very cool.
ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 00:29
I agree with you Nomad Sould and everyone else. As a Horror Mod user myself I would love to see this integrated into Fenix Mod. I have been switching between this and Fenix Mod for some time trying to decide on which one to use. To have them both together would be awesome!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 00:33 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 00:36
Fenix Mod has a donation button which will be used towards this..as stated by hockeykid in the Fenix Mod thread found here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=21&t=155710&p=0

EDIT: Did I mention that I agree with the above posts?
I believe the best hands to put this in would be hokeykid's.
Though I don't have a means of electronic payment...bummer

dark peanut

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 00:58
i add my vote (not that there is one) for Horror Mod being sold to Hockeykid(Fenix Mod).

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 01:04
Current Horror Mod users wouldn't exactly get ripped off either, like someone said. It's about the same situation as it was with Unity when they made the Indie version free. A lot of people who purchased the indie version just before it was made free were frustrated, but most came to accept the situation and saw the good in it, that more, potentially talented people had access to the toolset.

Personally, I think it's a lot better to hand over the source to someone who already has a lot of experience with modding and has shared with the community an already excellent mod for free. Expanding upon Fenix mod with the code from Horror mod is a brilliant idea, and I'll support it with a donation as soon as I can afford to.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 01:05 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 01:06
Quote: "Hi guys, I've got some more information about the sales of Horror Mod and the projected sales of Horror Mod for the next year:

Just thought I'd let you know about the possible earnings that can be gained from Horror Mod.

knxrb"

Fenix Mod is free so no $ loses there

just a thought

Quote: "I agree with you Nomad Sould and everyone else. As a Horror Mod user myself I would love to see this integrated into Fenix Mod. I have been switching between this and Fenix Mod for some time trying to decide on which one to use. To have them both together would be awesome!"

Lol I agree too but at the moment "Fenix Mod's Fund for Horror Mod"(that would be an interesting banner) only has $30.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 01:15
Since you use Dark Physics I assume the person who will purchase the source code will need Dark Physics in order to compile it?

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 02:21
I definitely think I should have the source.
I think Hockeykid already has 50 percent of the features plus some in Fenix mod, I would like to CONTINUE horror mod, not integrate it.
Maybe under a different name, but I really wish to continue it

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 03:09
I support you GJ. But it's not my decision and my vote might have just hurt you. I hope not though.

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 03:12 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 03:17
Quote: "I support you GJ."

Yay!
Anyone else?
All who support me until this mod is sold, if it is sold to me will get 50 percent off the mod

{edit} Donate so i can make a higher bid!
DONATE[i]

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 03:15 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 03:17
Quote: " Expanding upon Fenix mod with the code from Horror mod is a brilliant idea"

+1

Integrating Horror Mod into Fenix Mod would essentially give the FPSC community a FREE Horror Mod with Dark AI, melee animations for EIA's GCS weapons, WATER, RPG mod features, and everything else in Fenix Mod.

A FREE mod with bloom, ragdoll, dark physics, dark AI, etc, etc. Combine that with bond1's shaders, and I'm sold! If knxrb decides against selling his source to multiple people (which I hope he decides to sell it to both of you two), I really hope to see it integrated into Hockeykid's mod.

Quote: "I would like toCONTINUE horror mod, not integrate it. Maybe under a different name"

How is that any different from integrating it?

Kravenwolf

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yay!
Anyone else?
All who support me until this mod is sold, if it is sold to me will get 50 percent off the mod"

No offense GJ but I think maybe you should calm down with the post, i'm excited about it too but to post about who supports you is spamming (in my mind at least) as thats not what the threads about.

Anyways no disrespect.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 03:19 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 03:20
Quote: "No offense GJ but I think maybe you should calm down with the post, i'm excited about it too but to post about who supports you is spamming (in my mind at least) as thats not what the threads about"

Well, no offense you already have some support and I need to get some

{edit} added lensflare (I havent made it optional yet)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 06:59:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 06:59:41