Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / "End of Days" Now needs voice actors.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2007 17:30 Edited at: 7th Apr 2007 21:25
To everyone who has a matured voice, who can yell, and anyone who likes to be credited by name, continue reading.

My current game, End of Days, needs some voice-over work. I have typed out the scripts. They are fairly long scripts. You need to be able to look over a script, and say it without stumbling over words, and to do it with feeling. There are also several smaller roles you could play as. I need people to do voices for:
Main Characters

Rick Thompson-main character

Jack Luther-CIA Board Director

Kelsey Morrison-CIA Computational Theorist

William Reeding-Pilot/comedian

Supporting Roles

Terrorist 1, 2, 3-enemies (Iranian/Middle Eastern accent)

Dvorák HeaVescos-don't want to say (has a Iranian accent)

Prime Minister Ahmenjjead- newly elected prime minister to Iran (hidden Iranian accent)

That's it for now. If you think you are able to do any of these voices. Contact me by posting here. I will then e-mail you with partial character bios. Once you have said you'll do it, I'll send you a script. Remember, I am sending you partial character bios at first. If you are planning on exploiting the aspect of my game, it will not be possible. I will never send you enough stuff to the point where you can gather enough info to reveal what my game is about. If you do not cooperate, and show what you do have, I will stop and take my work else ware. I am sure that "Comments of a threatening nature" are valid once you did something that is threatening such as:

Quote: "planning on exploiting the aspect of my game"

If I am wrong about the abuse, I deeply apologize. I just want to keep my game protected. I hope this is understood.

I did search, but all I have found is a bunch of robotic voices. I do plan to make use of the voice packs I have seen.

The list above will continue as my game goes on.

Regards,
spex

Go here!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=94201&b=19
Makes the sense of my location!
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2007 19:30
spex_guy,

Greetings. Sounds like a rather detailed project. Is End Of Days planned for retail distribution?

Assuming that you plan on producing and selling this game, what are your plans for compensating voice actors that will perform the key character roles that you've listed in your post?

Surely, you don't expect people to donate their voices, their time, and create quality performances of your lengthy scripts soley for a by-line. Please elaborate on this further.

I do understand that you are concerned about keeping the integrity of your game intact. A Non Disclosure Agreement would be a more professional way of insuring this, instead of airing your concerns in the way you have.

I am interested seeing the direction that your project takes, and do look forward to playing a demo, in the future.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2007 19:38
I'm interested but i don't really know who i could play. The CIA board director sounds as if he should have a gravelly, older voice and that i don't have. My American accent isn't too strong, partly because i'm British. If you have any British accents i could for them...

What nationality are the pilot and the main character?

AE

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2007 20:02 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 17:30
Seth Black I understand. Those licenses can always be avoided. I don't plan to sell it in stores. In your case, I'll just post the .exe on filefront. Now that you mention it, I could give the people who participated a cut in the profits. Good idea. I do think it's a detailed game.

Avenging Eagle Since the game is based upon the CIA, the main character and the pilot are American. As time goes on, I may establish a British person. Could you post a sample of your voice? One being William (pilot), and the other being Rick, (main character)? Thanks.

Go here!
Rilejarom
User Banned
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 06:36
Hey I'll be happy to help. I'm 16 but I can do drama and I can make it go deeper and talk like some older guy in his mid 30's I guess.
I'd like to help and I don't really have to get paid anything as long as my name is in the little booklet or whatever. I'm also american, ot british. Give me a practice line and I'll send you a sound file. I'd like to be an american role but I can impersonate a middle eastern dude. Or at least I think I can. I'll be happy to help and is your game already on the showcase forum?

Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 13:18
LOL so sombody who is 30 on here must be feeling OLD..... since i dont think 30 is old really i guess 45-60 is old then 60+ is just OAP

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Les Grayfox
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, If you post a line for Rick Thompson or Jack Luther. If you post some a few lines of theres I'll do a sample
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll take a shot at any of the American characters. I'm 39 and have been in theatre for over 30 years (if that helps).

~Dave

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 18:25
Okay Spex_guy, here's my first attempts:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
American:
Normal Accent
"Hello, my name's Rick Thompson and i'm the main character of the new computer game 'End of Days' and we've go a situation here."

"Hello, i'm William Reeding, the pilot and comedian in the new computer game 'End of Days'."

Deeper Accent
"I'm Rick Thompson, the main character of the new computer game 'End of Days'...and we have got a situation here"

"Hello, i'm William Reeding. I'm the pilot and comedian of the new computer game 'End of Days'"

British:
Normal Accent (my actual voice)
"Hello, i'm Rick Thompson, the main character in 'End of Days', a new computer game by Spex Guy"

"Hello, i'm William Reeding, the pilot and comedian in the new computer game 'End of Days'."

Deeper Accent (Not so good)
"Hi, i'm Rick Thompson, the main character in 'End of Days'."

"Hi, i'm William Reeding, the pilot and comedian of 'End of Days'."
Some are better than others but its up to you what you decide.

What do y'u think?
AE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Apr 2007 21:18
I'm wondering what you're going to compensate Arnold Schwarzenegger, Peter Hyams, Beacon Communications, and Universal Pictures for using the name "End of Days". lol

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 00:35 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 00:43
Avenging Eagle You did a good job. I will consider you for the role of William Reeding. I think your American accent was kind of good. You faked out in some parts. You have a good chance of landing a British role.

Les Grayfox I just posted a line for you to say.

Dark Fact Yes! You could easily make Rick Thompson. Just do a sample of the lines I gave Les Grafox.

Rilejarom Thanks. My game is already in the showcase forum. Again, do the same set of lines and post it. If you think you can do a middle eastern guy, do these lines along with your other lines.
Quote: "Look, let's just load up the van and get out of here. The Americans will be here any minute."

xplosys Ha! Ha! I didn't even know that was a movie until a few days ago.

--To All-- Once you posted your lines, I'll e-mail you and tell you how you did. If I think you did good, I'll send you a script, and a partial bio. Remember, my deal stands.If it's not O.k. for me to e-mail you, let me know with your sample lines. Remember, you can not be two characters, so you must pick either one to do. I'll get my email up, too. I also need someone to try and do Kelsey Morrison.

Go here!

Attachments

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 00:45 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 00:46
I'll be happy to. But I can't seem to find the line you want me to read.

EDIT: I swear that little download button wasn't there before.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on the Rick character as you requested. I have to tell you that it's quite a challenge without a character bio and a single line of text. With this single line, it's tough to figure out what the context of the line is. In my case, I'm assuming that the character is speaking narratively and with a touch of sarcasm, so my audition will reflect that. However if the line is being spoken to someone, I would do it much differently.

P.S. I've been a sergeant in the U.S. Army for 10 years. I have my home voice, my work voice and my "get it done" voice. So, again, more info would be helpful.

~Dave

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 20:27
Well, here's my William Reeding audition:
American
Normal:"We must bring her in nice and slow"
Deeper:"We gotta bring her in nice and slow"

British
Normal:"We must bring her in nice and slow"
Deeper:"We've gotta bring her in nice and slow"
Happy listening!
AE

Attachments

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 01:41
That was great, Avenging Eagle. Good job. I'll email you later Right now, I've got some other stuff to do.

Dark Fact I can give you more lines if you want me to. It's no problem. I could also put subtext if you need it.

*edit*
My "T" key gave out last night.

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Dark Fact I can give you more lines if you want me to. It's no problem. I could also put subtext if you need it.
"

Thanks. You going to post it here or email me?

~Dave

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 05:12
can i do an audition?

ive been voice acting for a while now, so i should be good.

Lewis From OsborneCreations.co.uk
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 22:34
I've yet to recieve the character bio and partial script, spex_guy, is it in the post?

AE

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 22:48
Hey darkfact I thought you left the forums, I could be wrong.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
@mastercheif - nope, why'd you think that?

@Spex Guy - I haven't received anything either.

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 00:01
Quote: "@mastercheif - nope, why'd you think that?"

I thought when you moved to make Darkfaction in torque you deleted your profile.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 08:38 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 08:40
@mastercheif: no, I simply made a post that I was going to develop DarkFaction II using the Torge Game Engine. Then a mod immediately locked the thread. I never said I was going to stop using FPSC entirely. I still make game projects with it, prototype ideas, educational "simulations" for my students and the like.

I guess my mention of another game engine either pissed someone off or it was misunderstood. Either way, I still support FPSC as a good tool for beginners.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Spex Guy, do you need an email address? I have a gazillion gmail invites left if you want to move from another free service.

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 18:59
Quote: "@mastercheif: no, I simply made a post that I was going to develop DarkFaction II using the Torge Game Engine. Then a mod immediately locked the thread. I never said I was going to stop using FPSC entirely. I still make game projects with it, prototype ideas, educational "simulations" for my students and the like.

I guess my mention of another game engine either pissed someone off or it was misunderstood. Either way, I still support FPSC as a good tool for beginners.

Sorry for getting off topic."

Oh, thanks that clears everything up
spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 01:46
Dark Fact I sent you the stuff you wanted.

Avenging Eagle Same thing.

Lewis Yes, you can audition. Try and do anyone of them. (Please consider any of the Iranian characters, or Jack Luther). You can just email it to me. Just make up something you want to say.

Once I have found a part for everyone, I'll post who everyone is. Please note, for the Iranian characters, you could play two. i.e.- Terrorists 1, 2, 3, and Dvorák HeaVescos. Just demonstrate that you can sound like two completely different people.

Regards,
spex

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I finally had some time to sit down and work on this. The sound files are attached. I only submitted 4 of the 18 versions in the file and they're substantially different in text from the sample. It was fun and I hope you like them.

P.S. Included a couple of outtakes for the heck of it.

Attachments

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 07:31
dude, you have a western "U.S.A. army" twist to your voice.
Lol. Im tired.

Whispers-A medieval fantasy game coming soon, by Axifer Designs.
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "dude, you have a western "U.S.A. army" twist to your voice.
Lol. Im tired."

I assume you're referring to me on this. I'm from the South East USA and I am in the Army. Makes sense, I guess. Accents are hard to hard to hide.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 16:46
Dark Fact That was really good, and funny. I'm assuming you got my email. I'll send you a script, too. I gave Avenging Eagle the script for William Reeding, so I can peice together the puzzle for the intro video when I get someone to play Jack and Kelsey.

PS: Dark Fact, I was looking on YouTube, and I saw your "Dark Faction Video 1" video, and I was just curious, what program did you use to record the game play?

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 16:49 Edited at: 7th Apr 2007 16:51
Quote: "PS: Dark Fact, I was looking on YouTube, and I saw your "Dark Faction Video 1" video, and I was just curious, what program did you use to record the game play?"

I use the registered version of Fraps for that. It's only $20 and gets rid of their web address nag at the top of the video.

I got your email yesterday with the bio and sample. I haven't gotten anything today though.

EDIT: I have a friend nearby who does theatre and he's also in the army. His voice is less southern than mine. I think he's from Indiania (where they seem to have NO accent other than American). If you want to send me the other two character bios and samples, he might want to read for them.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 17:22
Quote: "I haven't gotten anything today though."

Really, I sent you something. If you don't get it, you want me to send it again?

Quote: "
EDIT: I have a friend nearby who does theatre and he's also in the army. His voice is less southern than mine. I think he's from Indiania (where they seem to have NO accent other than American). If you want to send me the other two character bios and samples, he might want to read for them."

Sure, if you think he'll be interested. You'll have to get me his email, once/if I think he can do the part. If he does good, I might just use him for Jack Luther.

*edit*
Wait... two bios and samples? What should I give your friend? Does he want Jack Luther and Ahmenjjead's stuff of what?

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "so I can peice together the puzzle for the intro video when I get someone to play Jack and Kelsey."

Those two. He would be good for either but I don't know which he would be interested in. That's why I said to send both. He'll be over here tonight and I'll ask him then.

If you sent me an email today with a script, I did not get it.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 17:44
O.k. I'll send those two over.

By email, or just post here?

Regards,
spex

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Doesn't matter. Email or post.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 19:54
I'll email them to you.

*edit*
Just did.

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Um, could you send a script or portion of it? These are just lines. Without the other character's lines, there's no context and I'll have to guess.

Do you need me to sign an NDA or something?

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 20:22
Yes, those are just lines. I will never give anyone the entire script. You'll only get the portion you'll have to read, and when I get the email, I can piece the sound files together, to make a full conversation. I figured the subtext will give you an idea of what you needed to say.

Quote: "Do you need me to sign an NDA or something?"

I didn't originally plan to have anyone sign an agreement. Anyone can sign those things and turn their backs on the guy and they'll never hear from him again. I just can't risk it. It's not that I can't trust people, it's just that I can't afford to trust people.

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think I can work with this. The dialogue needs work. Without context, there's no way to act the part instead of just reading a line.

Blocking info between the lines is not contextual. That's for you and your animator to know what the character is doing. It doesn't tell me anything about what the character's thinking.

The lines you sent are in the middle of a conversation and don't make any sense.

If you don't or won't trust your actors, then I doubt you'll have any actors willing to put their name on the work. Even amateurs want to do the best job they can, especially if their name goes on it.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 20:58
Yeah. This is my first game. I do think it needs work. I'm trying to make it better. I thought the subtext would just fix the context problem.

If you really can't work with the lines, I'll try to make them better. If you think you can give me a few pointers, I would be grateful. Your dark Faction stuff was great. Just post what you need, and I'll try to make it work for you. And heck, you are the best person for this character. (Not to offend any possible hopefuls.)

I really can trust the actors. It's just that I really can't mess this up. If people don't think I can trust them, which I have prominently displayed, they can just say so. Half of me is saying" "let them sign the NDA". The other half is saying the opposite. I really need to get it right. I just hope this thread won't go to the dogs if I post a NDA that people must agree to in order to continue.

Regards,
spex

*edit*
That must have been the longest post I've ever written.

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I will help you in any way I can. I want to help you.

Quote: "I just hope this thread won't go to the dogs if I post a NDA that people must agree to in order to continue.
"

If you require an NDA, that should show your own integrity. Anyone not willing to sign it isn't trustworthy in the first place, so why would you want anyone who isn't willing.

Like I said before, you can send me excerpts of the script with only my lines and the lines of the other characters involved. Other people may only want the lines, but I'm going to give you the best performance possible...That requires a script.

Let me know what you want to do. If it makes you feel more secure, I can email you from my U.S. Army email from my work PC and sign an agreement.

alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, it's been a while since I've posted here. Well, if you still need voice actors, i'm ready to take a test. You can give me any lines, I've worked before in voice acting(in cartoons). I'll be waiting.

- Limpo Arts - Bringing the concept of real art to your PC!
Silmeria
Years of Service
User Offline
I can probably do the comedian's voice (since I have a high pitched voice) or any of the "younger" Middle-Eastern guys.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 22:37 Edited at: 7th Apr 2007 22:51
alimop83 Sure! Try to your voice then, please try to do an Iranian accent. (I need someone to do Prime Minister Ahmenjjead, and Dvarak HeaVescos). Rilejarom has the Terrorists 1, 2, 3 covered. Say the same thing Silmeria is saying.

*edit*
Is he still posting here?

Silmeria O.k. Since you don't have an email, I'll just post William Reeding's bio. Remember it's partial. I actually envisioned William as having a low voice. Could you possibly try Kelsey Morrison? I'll include her bio, too. Try this:

"We've got to bring her in nice and slow."
"We gotta take 'er in noce 'n slow."
"We must bring that one in slow... very slow."

If you do happen to choose, one of the Iranian characters, could you be specific on who you want to be?

Dark Fact Well, number 1:
Quote: "I will help you in any way I can. I want to help you "

Yeah, that sound a bit creepy, dude.

Do you think it's a good idea to post a NDA?

Go here!

Attachments

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it's a good idea to require an NDA for all projects where you don't personally know the participants. Whether you post it here or send out in emails is up to you. You will have to give a physical address for people to send the signed document to.

Quote: "Yeah, that sound a bit creepy, dude."

Really? Just meant I want your project to move along. Are you going to send me something to work with?

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 00:34
Quote: "I am sure that "Comments of a threatening nature" are valid once you did something that is threatening such as:

Quote: "planning on exploiting the aspect of my game""

ooook

Quote: "I'm wondering what you're going to compensate Arnold Schwarzenegger, Peter Hyams, Beacon Communications, and Universal Pictures for using the name "End of Days". lol"

LOL

Quote: "It's not that I can't trust people, it's just that I can't afford to trust people."

You could have posted a few lines like Avenging Eagle did.
Then, have everyone send in their version of the same lines (not real lines).
Then you match the voices to your characters and assign the real portions of the script to each talent.

Quote: "If you require an NDA, that should show your own integrity. Anyone not willing to sign it isn't trustworthy in the first place, so why would you want anyone who isn't willing."

I have read NDA's that had you signing away rights to future ideas you developed.
I know it sounds crazy but an NDA doesn't mean anything other than what's stated in it.
It's integrity is dependent upon the integrity its author.

Quote: "Yeah. This is my first game."

I know that is the reason for the paranoia, so relax.
No one is going to steal your "ideas".

I'll help if you want.
Let me know who you still have unassigned and I will try one, but only if there is no NDA.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 01:12 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 01:38
Quote: "assign the real portions of the script to each talent."

That's what I'm asking for.

Anyway, email me when you're ready.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 18:08 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 18:20
Dark Fact I don't plan to release the entire script, would you accept a list of those characters, and a list of the people who are going to play those characters so far? Ohh, re-cap with me on what you want me to email you.

Conjured Entertainment
Don't worry, there won't be a NDA. Just tell me what your interested in doing, and do the lines I had Silmeria and Lewis do. Post it here.

Rilejarom, Les Grayfox, and Lewis Where are you guys? Do you guys still have an interest in doing this still? Thanks.

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
All I want is for you to email me the portion of the script that you want me to record. I'll get started immediately.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 18:49 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 18:50
That's what I did. Those lines that you and I spoke about earlier, were what you had to say. Do you want me to re-send them?

*edit*
Thanks for your dedication.

Avenging Eagle I really need those sound files from you.

Go here!
DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
You're welcome, dude.

Okay, just so we're on the same sheet of music. I have a doc with 2 lines by Rick. I was hoping to get a portion of the script with the lines Just before and Just after these lines to know the context of the conversation.

Other than that, I'm good. You sent the other lines for my buddy to read.

spex_guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 20:00
I can send that to you. I'll just do that from now on.

Go here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 17:24:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 17:24:44