Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 56k Warning- VISHNU 1.3 Media Protection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 19:16 Edited at: 13th Apr 2007 04:39
http://s4projects.out-lawz.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

http://s4projects.out-lawz.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

It also is noted that the introductory price of $10.95 USD will end on Wednesday the 18th of April 2007. There after the price will rise to it's final pricing of $19.95.

Customers for the next week will be buying whats said to be Vishnu 1.2 by Paypal. They will instead be receiving the 1.3 update. After the 18th the Paypal link will not only reflect the current version, but the final pricing.

We apologize for any confusion this may create.

DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 19:54 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 20:03
sold .just sent my order in.this is a must have, media protection application.

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 20:38 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 20:42
@Skywalker and Dom,
You guys are gonna wanna kill me. But before that, I wanna give ya a little insight as to how my lucks going:

A week ago, the main comp in my network goes down with a ethernet card prob. So the Easter holiday screws me for getting parts. So I decide to reformat wile I'm waiting.

I just last night got everything back together, and reinstalled everything I'd need to update S4's site. I start editing the site in a haste. Heck I never make mistakes right?....why would I need to back up stuff. S4 needs this updated now..

Well last night about 12:30 I screwed up the the db adding some administrative functions, and spent the next 3 hours typing in querys by hand to straighten out the MySql db's(if you look in the screen shots in the above flier you'll notice I backed up S4's db this time, with the little file joom1.gz on the left hand side of my desk top. What a dumb***)......

Today the site goes live again and I make this little post announcing the 1.3 release. Seems innocent enough huh?

Pffft...Hotmail is down, and it has my mailing list and is the server the Paypal information is tied to. My Paypal info is cleaned except for Doms purchase, and I need to do all these at the same time.

I can't win for loosing.

@To everyone thats bought Vishnu

As soon as I can get to my mailing list you will be getting your updates.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 20:47 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 20:50
@ Loc: Now thats beyond superb! All the updates and all make this a top of the line product. You need to commercialize this to work with other game programs, because you will be sitting on a ogld mine if you do. Good work would be an understatement.

Quick question, are there any installers you recommend for best use, or you can use them with any installing program?

K.L. Phair
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 20:57 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 20:59
Actually Pas this has worked with a few DBP games. This is only in test though, and because we don't do DBP yet, were looking into ways of getting those games to save. It would have to set up in DBP similar to the way fpsc saves, then we think it work flawlessly.

In test we used some of the free games out of the DBP forums, one of which was BatVinks game Railrunner. It worked nicely.

But we have to give a reason to keep posting about this. Improvements for 1.4 are already on the chalk board and based on the recommendations of the 1.3 beta test.

And Click Team Installer works fine with this and is free.

Loc

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 21:00
Doh! One day late! Should have seen this earlier Of course, after spending all my money on my 360 and some books, I don't know if I could spare the money anyways I'll definetly buy this before the release of my project, though.

Looking good Loc and S4!

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 21:27
Just bought it also, for future projects

Search for "HellHouse" in Showcase.
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 23:40
nice going Loc & s4. This looks wonderfully professional now!

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 23:48
@ Loc: I figured it would work with DBPro, but if you cna get thta set up with DBP games then maybe you can explroe other code languages. You definitely have ahot item. Plus you offer it very cheap. With your upgrades and customization features Vishnu 1.3 is above and beyond what is was before.

If anyone uses this and is successful with their games, then they really need to give you guys attention and credit for using your protection pack. I really think you guys should commercialize this as it will raise the bar to prevent hacking into the games core.

Not to go off topic, but sopmetime in the near future I want to do a story on your Vishnu for my podcast whenver you get the time. This is really beyond impressive and the fact that it is not limited to FPSC makes it very appealing to DBPro or FPSC developers.

I am amazed. Beyond impressive.

K.L. Phair
Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 00:25
Just got the update Loc Thanks!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 00:27
Received, unpacked and used ok Just a few questions if that's ok?

1/. When you quit your game does VISHNU remove the unzipped temp folder (I assume it does)?

2/. Again, when quitting the game does the player automatically quit as well? Or does it have to be manually closed (like I did)?

Keep up the great work S4 & Loc, definitely looking forward to further updates!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 00:36
1) Yes the folder is completely removed.

2) Yes you have to hit "escape" to end the program.

To have Vishnu check for the game being open would add another timer to the application, that for now we want to hold off on as testing shows it lags the game checking for whether it's running or has been shut down. Nick you have to remember this is first and foremost a media protection application. Vishnu has to run in the back ground to keep all the thieves from doing dirty things to your media.

FPSC has enough problems of it's own without us adding to them as far as speed and FPS is concerned.

DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 01:24
just Received it.i love it

ty s4 and Locrian

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 21:35
Np Dom, it had to be done anyways. Just spreadin the love baby....

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 22:24
I would recommend InstallStation.
InstallStation is the fast, easy, free way to create standard Windows installations for your applications. Forget about learning new scripting languages -- creating a new installation takes minutes using the simple InstallStation Wizard.
Free installer and works just as well as clickteam and no nag screen.
http://installstation.com/

VISHNU is looking good.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments candle and I will have to check out InstallStation as it sounds good.

Best s4
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 05:24
Yeah I've never heard of that...Thanks for the heads up. And no Nag=great

Loc

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 23:07
Your welcome, I'm a little bias being that I sub-contract on it..

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 21:14
Loc, sent you an email, hope you got it.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 04:54
Hope your problems were explained.

Happy Developing!

Loc

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 06:58
On topic: So theres still time to get the deal price right?
Off topic: what does 56k warning mean?

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 07:01
Quote: "Off topic: what does 56k warning mean"

Lots of images in post!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 07:07
lol oh I knew that lol JK

EOT
[img][/img]
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 08:02
Till the 18th

foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
gah! - I'm never going to get the money in paypal in time >.<

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 21:29
yes I agree but Locrian had no real reason to act the way he did.

EOT
[img][/img]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 22:44 Edited at: 16th Apr 2007 22:45
BTW Locrian I don't appreciate the hate mail you sent me on my business address. Be quiet and never contact me in such a rude manner again. If you do I'll take action.

EOT
[img][/img]
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2007 22:55 Edited at: 16th Apr 2007 22:57
This program has some major flaws.

I was running Rolfy's Urban test yeah? Came to the end screen (where you are supposed to hit escape...why?), waited 5 mins (thinking it was deleteing the temporary files) and I thought 'Ah sugar it's crashed'. So I try to alt-tab so I try to ctrl alt delete So i switch the thing off. Switch my machine back on, guess what? I can't open task manager. After running multiple spyware removers and anti-viruses, I realised Vishnu locks task manager, until you hit Esc. You REALLY need to fix that.

Paul

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 03:03
yes i agree, or put up a pop-up that says, press Esc to exit, but i did the same thing, waited, then did Atl-Tab, then Ctrl+Atl+Del, then i though it was locked up so i pressed the sleep button on my keyboard (i do this cause it sometimes lets me end task) then i pressed esc and it quit.

Mods, its 500x100, so you cant tell me its bigger than 600x120
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 04:05
Yeah, I still can't open task manager. Can you right a quick program that unlocks it or instruct me otherwise? lol

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 05:29
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 06:51
We don't have to fix anything. Your not allowed to use task manager when your running Vishnu. Though I told S4 I liked the button better we had for quiting, the votes by the beta testers over ruled me. What Rolfy needed to do was write "To quit Urban Decay hit esc". But were thinking we may replace the button, because like Rolfy did, others will forget to include any instruction on the load page.

It isn't the applications fault the owners provided no instruction, but we may take that out of their hands. Vishnu is getting a complete re-write anyways.

But as for accessing your task manager, if you run into problems, just restart the application and close out of it nicely and you'll get your task manager back. Its taking it away after Vishnu is closed, is due to someone trying to many combinations of buttons that normally are used to gain access to media and Vishnu deals the only way it can......not letting you have access to them at all.

I know all this is said in a very vague light. But explaining in much detail compromises security functions. We do listen though very closely.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 19:48 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 19:53
Little update on this today:
The program Ben used to start his slander campaign, has been worked into Vishnu. Running that program will cause Vishnu to shut down the explorer shell all together and turn back on only the Windows one. It looks a little scary when you loose everything except the background, but this causes no damage and if your running that program, to be honest we don't care how scary it looks to you. It was a nice feat detecting an application that didn't have to run in the registry, but the test of 1.4 look good.

Expect a 1.4 update soon and the return of the site. Because of Ben's little caper the sale was cut short a bit. So to make up for this to the community that we enjoy, we'll run the sale for one week again after the reopening of the site and the release of 1.4.

A little side note from me:
We have never maintained that Vishnu could not be cracked. Theres a host of malicious programs out there to do dirty work. Even big games aren't immune to this. In fact Vishnu in many cases is much more secure then most big named games. If you've got a problem with what S4 and Candle and myself have tried to do for this community, don't take it out on the community as a whole. Other people are using this. If you have something to tell us and you don't like me, mail S4 or Candle. If you don't like S4, mail Candle or me. If you have no part in the conversation, then stay out of it. And surely don't make any comments personal. Thats when I start getting personal.

Being petty in this community won't be tolerated and as you seen yesterday, most the guys around here are going to stick together like glue.

We didn't make Vishnu to rip anyone off. It dose exactly what we say it does. As time progresses it will do more as evident in the updates. First and foremost we made this for us. A select number of you just happen to benefit from our loathing of piracy.

Loc

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 19:52
I, for one, am happy with it

Can't wait for the update

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:25
Ben is not able to post at the moment.As a long standing member of this community and as someone with experience in game development
he knew better than what he did.
So let's go over what not to do...
First,he posted his findings in the wrong thread (not this one).
Secondly,as a responsible game developer,he should not have posted any info about this over the forums.Instead,he should have e-mailed s4 or Loc (or for heaven's sake...even me) with this info.
Then he posted how he cracked it when he posted his screenshots of his findings to help the pirates out.
I don't know what caused Ben's change in attitude and I really don't care anymore.
His actions were irresponsible and deplorable.
So if anybody wants to get upset about it then get upset with me.
I had to go through this thread,a thread in the showcase forum and a thread in the models and media forum just to straighten all of this out.
If you discover a way to hack somebody's app...be responsible.
Contact that person privately and give them the information.
Please don't post it on the forums.
It's not about clubs and who likes who.
It's about doing the right thing.
Now that I'm done with my long winded rant I can only say I look forward to the next Vishnu update.I have been very happy with Vishnu.

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:42
Someone emailed me back when vishnu was first talked about quoting an email allegedly from Locrian full to the brim with profanities and insults.

I'm sure TGC will not take kindly to their customers being abused by other forum members via email. Forward the email with headers to one of the mods.

By way of demonstration, he emitted a batlike squeak that was indeed bothersome.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 20:57
Quote: "Someone emailed me back when vishnu was first talked about quoting an email allegedly from Locrian full to the brim with profanities and insults.

I'm sure TGC will not take kindly to their customers being abused by other forum members via email. Forward the email with headers to one of the mods."

TGC is not responsible (nor are its mods) for e-mail activity.
What you do outside the forums is beyond our control.
There are a variety of ways to stop unwanted e-mail.
1. Don't post your e-mail address.
2. Mark e-mail you don't want as spam.
3. Block the e-mail.
and there are quite a few others.
I get quite a bit of hate mail...being a mod and all.
But I choose to make my e-mail available so I have to be proactive on my part to handle any e-mail I don't like.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "To play just click vishnu player.
To exit player click esc if esc does not work press Ctrl first and then esc key will work again this is a save key."

I did put this info on the post Loc',and I included the Vishnu 'read me' in the download.
I probably should have put it on the load page like you say I guess,as folks sometimes dont read everything.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 22:08 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 22:20
Rolfy I really don't like the button now. I like the looks of it better then before now with just the user background and the loading bar. We just have to remember that people never read anything. Right now the 1.4 has no button. We did make the longer skinnier farcry type loader you and others requested. The thing about making buttons is they wont always match the game which looks chinsey.

(Now who did this please don't speak up because I'm not ragging on you and I don't want people to know.)
Rolfy I got a letter from a purchaser that couldn't get his game to work because the game was never renamed to "game.exe". If we can't get all the purchasers to read, how are we ever going to expect the players too(and again no offense to the member that did this. Strictly an example)

It really doesn't matter. If we put a button people will complain it doesn't match the game background. If we don't put a button, the people that use Vishnu are going to complain they didn't know how to exit the application because the game distributer forgot to place any instructions in the bg image.

You can't win for loosing, and I have to send you a Youtube link that fits Vishnu, and TGC customers in general to a tee.

Loc

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 23:52 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 23:54
Despite all of the comments in here, I can say that I was surpised about how great Vishnu 1.3 turned out. Despite all of the comments I read, I am still impressed that Vishnu is as good as it is. Its nice to see thet the developers of Vishnu are making it hack safe. For spekaing on the product, it still remains a good product and much better then what the debates were about 1.2. The developers have made the changes people requested and are still on working on more improvements. Because of that, I cannot see how anyone can complain. They are updating it quickly and makign sure that it cna provide the best security they cna build with it. I honestly give them a A+ for effort and for tkaing the time to do it. Even though I do not have Vishnu, I can appreciate that they are not just sitting there leaving the Vishnu customers to be exposed and they are extending their deal. So I think you guys are doign a great job, and as far as the small problems, (I dont see how any of these problems are major), they are working to improve it. Loc explained why Vishnu locks the task manager, and the explanation makes sense, because that is what Vishnu is designed to do. I think that because of the events here, (and I am not saying they were all good), Vishnu 1.4 will be even more superior then 1.3. I really am impressed with what you guys have done, and I know with your efforts you will be able to provide media protection to the communnity. This is the perfect opportunity too, because I know people are making custome media for FPSCX10. This will also benefit people using DBPro as the majority if not all of their media is custom as well. As far as a button, I think you should leave it out. People are goign to read the manual when they cant figure it out on their own.

K.L. Phair
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 01:50
Despite saying I wouldn't post here again whats S4real's Email?

EOT
[img][/img]
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 17:52
It's not posted for a reason and he's busy.

Loc

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 18:06
I've got it...

EOT
[img][/img]
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 18:17
He may or may not check that one. I gave Ben an off-handed mail addy for S4 because...well...we don't trust him.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 18:18
I can see why

EOT
[img][/img]
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2007 22:15
Loc, check your emial

BTW, Vishnu Looks nice. Will buy.

Your signature has been deleted due to the fact that it was far too humourous to possibly show.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 18:32 Edited at: 25th Apr 2007 18:36
Little Update:
Things just never go smoothly do they? S4's broadband is down due to a mix up on him changing packages and a mistake happening. I don't fully understand it all myself, as yesterday he didn't have service at all and is on dial up at the moment.

Good news is theres a 1.4 beta ready for the testers, but the bad news is he's not even going to try it on dial up. I don't deal with the testers at all so I won't be passing this on to anyone as he deals with the testers exclusively and I the purchasers.

Updates include:
*Net framework 2 needed to run.
*New password protection for the game folder
*Music support
*New loading bar (switched to the far cry style as requested)
*Copy and paste function removed while Vishnu is running
*Usb device access no good
*New protection encryption for zip
*Exit button is no longer "esc"
Along with things we won't mention for security reasons.

Sorry for any inconvenience and we'll be in touch with the betas as soon as possible, and then to the purchasers as soon as a little testing is done on the other systems of various specs that the testers employ.

Loc

DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 19:31
sounds like a nice update.
ty for updating your product with new features, it is good to see such a good program evolve.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 21:54
It sucks having internet problems...especially when you have to deal with FPSC type stuff.A lot of it has insanely large file sizes.
I was on dial-up for over half of October last year due to my DSL crashing.It wasn't fun.
You'll get it all together though and thanks for continuing to upgrade Vishnu.You are doing an important service for all of us.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 22:14
Fred Vishnu will always continue to evolve because our next engine will be DBP. We all ready know from testing Vishnu works with DBP games, so even after we leave FPSC, Vishnu will continue to evolve supporting both engines. And if were taking this long on SinninSoul, can you image how long support is going to continue to last even when we move to DBP?

Loc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:04