Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / 56k Warning- VISHNU 1.3 Media Protection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 00:28
Looking forward to working with S4 and DBP..
I see the last bit of code I gave him worked with the net framework. I haven't heard from S4 so wonder what was going on.

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 00:34
The new features sound great Loc. Sorry about the broadband thing but am sure people can wait for something this good.

Also, with the DBP games working too, I am sure you would get a great market from the DBP forums too. Good luck.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 02:57
Quote: "I don't know what caused Ben's change in attitude and I really don't care anymore."

Could be personal issues at home. These things have sure changed me and I've dropped into a sudden depression

I haven't been following this thread very well because I have many other things to buy. But I would like to ask. When X10 is released, will vishnu work for it?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 03:07
Depends how X10 saves. I'm sure it will work with it but whether it saves or not is another story. Vishnu is Vista compatible, but we have no way of testing X10 since neither of us has it.

S4 didn't jump on the Vista band wagon in time to do any Beta testing, and I have no intention of getting Vista at this time.

Loc

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 03:32
LOC and S4,

I was playing the Manifest Demo by Skywalker today and I noticed the extraction time was pretty long for Vishnu. This is a 400MB demo file and I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. Up to now, the levels I've played using Vishnu were much smaller and the time didn't seem to be a factor.

My question is, what happens when people pack their entire game with Vishnu. The Vishnu (extraction) time plus the level load time will have the player waiting pretty long. Is that being looked at and is there another way to do it? If the entire game is a gig or more extracted, how long will it take to extract, and delete when the game is finished?

I really like the autoplay instead of having to pick a game file.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 03:47
Quote: "This is a 400MB demo file"

If TGC doesn't find a way to reduce file sizes we are screwed.
Is this a one level demo?
But that is one of my major wishes for FPSC at the moment is lower file sizes.
If anyone making an FPSC game plans to release anything good either we need larger file sizes or a day and a half to download a game.
400MB is a big file for me to download and I have "high speed" DSL.
I'm going to go check about the sizes for DBP games.
I have no intention of my game reaching a gig or more if there's anything I can do about it.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 04:41
Probably not a lot we can do about that. The utility has to have time to unpack, and there really isn't going to be anything we can do to expedite something like that. This really lays in the hands of FPSC file size.

You should try one of the free DBP games and package it. Those things unzip so fast having music and back ground support is useless.

Thanks for bring it up X, and it will get looked at but I don't think theres much that can be done(Then again me denying it here, allows us leeway if a difference can actually be made.)

Loc

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 05:34
I just thought to ask...are you going to release a version of Vishnu for DarkBasic Pro?
Because sometime in the future I am going to be working with DBP.
I already have it and will be doing work with it.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 05:52
Vishnu works with DBP now. If a DBP game is coded to save like fpsc...it would work perfectly....or if the game saves to like the documents and setting/user/etc like a real game dose. If the DBP saves externally and knows where to look it up, Vishnu works fine. But we don't have enough testing in it to accurately say it's a DBP tool as of yet. All the test were with free games found in the forums.

But yeah we have it(DBP) too......But we both kinda made this deal that we want to finish SinniNSouL completely before we move on. We hate seeing people start 20 games and never finish one....

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks X for the info, its pretty hard to get the game to extract faster but I'am looking at this.

Vishnu v1.4 has had a major re-write and include some better protection features than before, the betas should be sent very soon when my internet is back to norm 56k sucks.

I like to thank everyone for there support in the project

Best S4

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 13:27:49