Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / selling fpsc creations - skin packs ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 02:45 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 03:25
I had a look over the models that come with fpsc, the base models look like a good base to create skins, I think one could get some good skin packs out for these models.

I see some users sell there creations online, I was wondering if they sell many.

Also can one create skins for the characters that come with the game and sell them, or would that violate copyright.

Also If it doesn't, what sort of price range would be good for professional standard skins, and what would you be looking for?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 03:28
I don't sell anything so I can't answer the money question.

Yes, you can create alternate textures for the character models with most any graphics program. Distributing the textures would not violate copyright as long as they were sufficiently altered and not distributed with the model. Changing the hue to green and calling Colonel X "The Hulk" doesn't count.

The price range would depend on the texture quality and number of textures in a pack. I can't imagine selling them individually.

Characters are always in demand, since they are the most difficult to make from scratch, so a pool of alternate skins would be great. Perhaps you could show us a little work to judge interest in this?

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 03:49 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 03:51
World Power skins

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 03:53
Dune Skins

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 04:01 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 04:02
So there's some of my skins, they are quite old now, must be at least 18 months old, but they still look OK I guess.

Also to those running fpsc, for fpsc DX10-
If you need an artist for character/weapon skins or segment textures for the new product, drop me a mail, I am open to contract work.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 04:07 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 04:07
So... are you 1Dean Avanti then?

I was thinking someting FPSC.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 04:09
yep thats me, that 1 must of come from a forum, one where I made 2 acounts and had to add a 1 to the name.

Quote: "I was thinging someting FPSC."

You have thrown me here?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 04:16
Yeah, those look great, but I was thinking of skins for FPSC characters. Have you done any?

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 04:29
No, I don't start stuff unless I know its worth it, if the user base is small or interest is low, I would of wasted time, so that's why I ask first.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 04:48 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 04:53
If you make 1 or 2 for kicks or just to show if, it wouldn't be a waste of time.

I thought of doing the same thing a long time ago, but I never made enough time to reach the skill level.
You appear to have the skill, so using it will definitly not be a waste of time.
I thought of making each character a pack, which would contain like 5 or so "outfits" (skins) for that face.
The idea being that a single model, like the thug mesh, could have many faces.

Post Script
I am interested

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 04:57 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 05:26
those are UT guns...

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 06:29 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 06:41
If I do this it will be using the models that come with the basic fpsc.
Are there any suggestions for themes/characters that people would like to see?

I thought perhaps a cyberpunk near future theme, or even a post apocalyptic mad max type of thing, Ive been kicking around the idea of doing some medieval skins as I have never done skins from the past, but it is a fpsc so perhaps thats not the best idea and there is a fantasy pack coming out, so perhaps that is taken care of with that, though I seem to remember that it was more high poly for fpsc DX10.

There is a lot of leeway with skinning, see the World Power military skins above, well the same model I even skinned a Batman character.

So you can stretch a model to characters beyond what it may of originally been made for.

If anyone has any ideas let me know. Its no use doing skins that are not relevant to what people want, so the more use people can get out of them the better.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 07:52
obviously you couldn't sell the Dune or Batmam ones without permission...

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 08:13 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 08:13
They are UT4k models anyway, so they cant be used, id be using the stock models that come with the basic fpsc set.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 08:35
i did recognize the biogun in one of the screen shots...

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 09:17
I like the private security theme...why dont you just chuck those textures on FPSC media? Or are the textures copyrighted?

big..hahaha..you said big!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 15:20
The textures belong to me so I can do with them what I want.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
How about some nice normal people. Just regular people you would see on the street. Office workers, mcdonalds employees, that morbidly obese guy at the comic book store, you know the real hero's

People in everyday dress.

Then how about gangbangers
Some Day Laborers

etc
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:08
I have to agree that these are nice, but what about some of your own creations and models. Can you show us some of those please? Normal people, street people, workers, maybe some zombies, military, sci-fi, new charachters you cannot find in FPSC. If you show some good models, I will perosnally hire you for some work.

K.L. Phair
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:14
Quote: "why dont you just chuck those textures on FPSC media?"

That ain't as easy as it sounds. Unless it just so happens that those models are UV mapped the EXACT same way. Which I no they're not. But on the other hand, those textures are tight. I would definitely pay for those up there. And the Batman texture makes it look like a different model.
Quote: "
How about some nice normal people. Just regular people you would see on the street. Office workers, mcdonalds employees, that morbidly obese guy at the comic book store, you know the real hero's
"

Model Pack 4.

Fallen One - I would go with the types of skins you have up there. (World Power and Dune skins) Jeremiah's idea... well would be pretty pointless because there is an official model pack for people like that. And they all have there own separate model.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:20
Quote: "Jeremiah's idea... well would be pretty pointless "

Not at all. Unless you want a level with one fireman, one nurse, and one regular guy on the street. The purpose of different skins is to have multiple characters of the same type without them being the same guy. You know, like 3 or 4 regular street guys with different clothes and faces?

All of the textures he has shown have that futuristic metallic armor look, which is great if you are making that type of game. We don't all make those kind of games.

Best.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:23 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 17:23
I agree, if you could pull of different textures that can be wrapped around the charachters, then you would be really successful, because you would add different people. You have great ability to do this form your examples. This would help any FPSC game add a more realistic element to the game and provide a variety as previously stated.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 18:25
From the responses I feel people are really into the idea of regular street people, I know a lot of users create games set in modern setting, horror type games and such like, so perhaps that's what people want, I do have all the official model packs so I can do model pack 4, generic people are quick to do as well, sci fi type stuff takes time, modern day stuff can be done relatively quicker.

On making new character models, I feel skinning characters adds a lot to them, people underestimate how far a model can be changed to different characters, a base model that isn't too out there, that is generic can be made in to virtually anything.

Pas, was there any models in particular you was looking for, of note I don't rig or animate models, character modeling does take time so If I made models it would be something that I found interesting to make.
Johaness
Years of Service
User Offline
Really good texture work there. I like the Dune ones. Could hardly recognize the meshes. Yeah the stock fpsc media can be taken quite far with work like that.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 19:03
@ Fallen One: I cna rig, animate and do all that. Its just good ot have other peoples ideas incorperated with your work. I think almost anythign would be good. I like the idea o having new monsters skins added as well as some new soldier charachters, like snipers that look cool with different skins. Just naything to variate the normal. I have bought every add on and pack I could get, just to add some variety. Out of all of these, I would say the most important would be the skins. It would add some uniques touches to this. Can you do exclusive skins. I would pay top dollar if you could do some exclusive ones for me. If you want we cna exchange emails and discuss the pricing etc. just to do some exclusive skins for the FPSC stock media. I have all of the modle packs that TGC sells, so I could use a lot of different skins o set my game apart form the rest, expecially since I ma doing it for commercial release. Email me and we cna discuss it in detial and maybe even get a few exclusive skins if you are willing to take the project on. If you can do these skins good, then I could use you for future projects including skins for my other game engines as well as FPSCX10. Let me know when you have time. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 19:51
PAS -
I can take personal commissions for projects.
My email is listed on my AS site.
[href]http://www.avantivita.com [/href]
drop me a line on that.
Tell me what the character is, what model is uses, any details about what is needed, tell me what you want to pay and ill see if something can be done.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 20:00
I am looking at the character pack 4.
I have started on the bikini girl, Ill do a few stripper type skins in glamour outfits, these are useful for strippers or prostitutes/hookers. should fill some uses for any game set in seedy areas.

Ill do a Matrix trinity type skin for that model as well.

I want to do some biker skins, gang member skins and punks also.

If anyone has suggestions for model pack 4 characters tell me and Ill try and get them in.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 20:00
Fallen One: Ok give me a couple of days to look at what I owuld want, (I say a couple of days because I am workign on several projects that are not my own right now as wlel as running a business), then I iwll drop you a line there. It would be better if you could just negotiate a price by telling me how much it would be worth for you to do it. I am not looking for naythign complex, just some different things to add a unqiue element to my games. I am workign ona multi tile FPSC game for my own release this summer, so this would be a great help and I could really use your abilities that you have displayed. I will be in touch within 7 days or so at the latest. As I said, if your proices are reasonable and you do a good job, then I would be more then happy to use your expertise on future projects that I am doing. I will be in touch. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 20:17
Just some quick questions, Are these skins for fpsc, or are they another engine. Are you a hobbyist or have you had other games published, Is the project that its for got a publisher, or are you going to shop it round, or are you aiming to publish it yourself.

When your free and you get in touch provide as much info as possible as work does vary depending on what it is.
That gives me a better quote for you.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 20:49
fallen one,

What you are planning above sounds great. Right now street people is what I, and I know some others need. Can't wait to see some shots. I'm very interested in this.

Best.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 21:18
Quote: "Just some quick questions, Are these skins for fpsc, or are they another engine. Are you a hobbyist or have you had other games published, Is the project that its for got a publisher, or are you going to shop it round, or are you aiming to publish it yourself."

I cna answer these. I just need some time on the others because I have to think abotu which charachter sI owuld want skins for and how I would want them to look.

Quote: "Are these skins for fpsc, or are they another engine"

Yes the ones I iwll be contacting you are for fPSC. I would be willing to look into doing this for other engines that I work with if this goes well.

Quote: "Are you a hobbyist or have you had other games published"

I would like to sya both. This is a hobby and a way to make aliving. But, no, for this, it would be for commercial purposes. If you look into my other threads, I recently acquired a partnership with DivX in using their technology to incorperate for my gmaing projects. I have had previous game spublished, but through independent outlets that did not require ESRB ratings. I will be doing self publishing as wlel a sutilizing some merchandisers I knwo that I have consulted about the project and who would be will to move product to different independent outlets for me. So it is a combinaiton of me supplying product to certain stores as well as a few merchandisers. So I owuld have to say it would be a combination of self publishing and utilizing limited distributorship options. The game will also be supplied to gmae centers for their use in their different establishments and may even be showcased at some IMAX theatres. I am still working on those details.

Quote: "When your free and you get in touch provide as much info as possible as work does vary depending on what it is.
That gives me a better quote for you."

I will be in touch with you very soon. But this for now should give you some at the very least partial answers to your questions. I also understand that exclusive content is charged ahigher fee, but if you have some good ideas I like, I owuld be willing to pay more to have it exclusive if that is OK with you.

I am unable to go through all the models and say what I need or oculd use now, because I ma workign on some big client projects and then I ma finishing up the one of three projects with Nano Games. So any additional questions feel free to ask, and I will post a reply when time permits. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 01:44
Quote: "Not at all. Unless you want a level with one fireman, one nurse, and one regular guy on the street. The purpose of different skins is to have multiple characters of the same type without them being the same guy. You know, like 3 or 4 regular street guys with different clothes and faces?"

Hmmm, I haven't looked much into MP4 but I thought it was pretty much all civilians. Aside from the few fat zombie people. But as you said, it's not. So forget my post then.

Quote: "From the responses I feel people are really into the idea of regular street people,"

Awww, shucks. Well alright, best of luck to you with this skin pack.

Jenkins out.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 02:16
Quote: "On making new character models, I feel skinning characters adds a lot to them, people underestimate how far a model can be changed to different characters, a base model that isn't too out there, that is generic can be made in to virtually anything."

Yeah totally true, I have almost all the generic male characters for contrast using the Civilian male mesh from MP4. It's really versatile.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 02:46
Just been working on the bikini girl from pk 4, I have got the bulk of her as a nude figure base done, from that I can then add clothing.

What I may do is supply the figures with lots of images that one can copy and paste on the figure, so say if the default girl is naked, I then have lots of images with different items, then one can cut them up ones self, if you put the snaps on in photoshop adding a new layer will snap right on in the correct place, those that don't use photoshop, I'm sure Paint Shop Pro do a trail version I know that snaps, I'm sure there are paint programs for free that allow snapping for adding layers exactly on top, Ill look through the free ones to check, I think this way may be a better way of doing it, that way you can dress the characters up how one wants, all you have to do is add a layer with the clothing item you want and cut out what you don't want, Ill check the free programs and write a tut for those that are very inexperienced.

If I put them as set pieces it will hamper the variations, like if you wanted trousers but a bra top, if the images with the trousers had a jumper on, it would hamper your editing it, if the clothing is on layers you can put on what you want from all the templates, mix and match the clothing, I could even do layers with different designs and insignias on them so that you can pop them onto the clothing as well, this way there are hundreds of variations to make and people can have more unique skins, making their particular game more unique and personal to exactly what you want.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 05:31 Edited at: 25th Apr 2007 05:38
I am thinking its probably a better idea to break the skin packs into the models they go on, and bring them out like that, that way the download is smaller and I can bring the first one out quicker and see what the response is, rather than doing a very large skin pack with all the models from model pack 4 that people have to wait for.

So the first skin pack will be the bikini girl from model pack 4, any suggestions for anything particular you would like to see on this character let me know.

I have given the base model a little more muscle, I think that helps to double up the character if you want to use it as a model that does some fighting, that way you can use it for say a vigilante, or a soldier or street gang member, or even a side kick that fights along with you or any number of pro active characters, I want to get as many possibilities as possible so I am to create something that can have a lot of uses.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 22:02 Edited at: 26th Apr 2007 00:48
Just finished the base model, I made it more muscular and gave it bigger boobs, its come out quite well I think.
It was harder than I thought, pretty women are harder to do than regular stuff like zombies and what have you, any mistake in them shows as a great big imperfection, plus I'm learning a new model so learning the layout takes a little time.

Here is a link from my 3d paint program. (my 3d paint prog doesn't render it fancy, it doesn't bother with aliasing, its not lit and no bumps, so its not a fancy shot, Ill do them when I release the pack and market it.
Deleted

From here I will start on all the different clothing it can have, so now I get to dress it up all nice and pretty and that.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 22:54 Edited at: 25th Apr 2007 22:55
fallen one,

I like the concept and the idea of snap-ons. It will surely make for more variations if top and bottom can be changed separately.

Best

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 00:22
Quote: "Warning, its totally nude so if you are sensitive to that kind of thing you have been warned"

Totally nude?
Thanks a lot, but if you had read the thread titled "Please Read the enclosed before posting in the FPSC Boards!", then you would have seen the following...

Quote: "It has come to my attention that there appears to be a lack of documented rules governing what can and can't be displayed on this board. As such, here are a few rules to live by:

-You may not post nudity.

-You may not post anything sexually suggestive. By this I mean characters that are either dressed in a provocative way (such as lingerie), or posed in a provacative/suggestive way. However female/male models with simple undergarments (bra and panties/underpants) are permissable, as long as the models are not posed in a manner which violates these rules."

This downlaod is in violation of the nudity policy.
Clean it up (put somer clothes on her) or...

Get Him Keith!

Auto lock commencing in T minus X (x=how every many seconds before the Mods se this) seconds.

~ ~

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 01:17
fallen one, I'd like you to check out this thread I made some time ago http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93755&b=24

A retexture of bonds bikini girl would work just great. If your able and willing to help, Email me and maybe we can work something out.

[http://www.mk83productions.com] [http://www.freewebs.com/mk83]
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 02:43
You want caucasian with dark hair, red or white halter top, with mini skirt, the model doesn't have a mini skirt, but it can have hot pants. I can stick then on.

The pack will come with loads of outfits so one can pretty much have anything as the pack will be extensive. Ill try and do some different time periods as well.

I think with the pack you will find what you want for the hooker character, those for personal custom skins that are just for your project Ill have so see what time I have after I do this pack and see how much time I have.

Ive just added stocking, both regular and fishnet, plus I'm on some snakeskin trousers, after that Ill go for leather trousers and a pair of jeans.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 03:28
sounds good.

[http://www.mk83productions.com] [http://www.freewebs.com/mk83]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 05:46
It is against the AUP to post nudity as well.
Seems you deleted the pic or whatever it was.Good call.
Please read the stickies before you post in a forum.
Not only do they have important information for you but the information can keep you slapped or banned.

Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
It might be just me, but I could swear that those guns look exactly like the Assault Rifle from Unreal Tournament 2003...
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 18:22
I'm just announcing that I will be releasing a preview demo of the skins pack, I'm about to finish off a skin ill be giving out free (but may not be re sold as a texture in part or whole, ie you download it and then sell it as a texture) but it can be used in games, both free and commercial.
Its a fantasy warrior woman textured onto the bikini girl model.
I am working on it now so it will be released soon. I can judge from the downloads of the skin what sort of response the full texture pack would get.
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 20:50
Quote: "No, I don't start stuff unless I know its worth it, if the user base is small or interest is low, I would of wasted time, so that's why I ask first. "

Offer one pack for sale and watch how fast people jump to it!
The packs offered by TGC go for about $20 USD so if you can stay close to that price you'll be fine, just offer somewhere between 10-20 skins for the pack. anything less may be a waste of money. I for one will buy your pack. I need more characters, furniture, and room textures (walls and floors with alhpa maps).

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 22:46
They are from UT2003

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 00:26
Slayer222 keeps on saying!
Quote: "those are UT guns"

Quote: "They are from UT2003"

Fallon One said:
Quote: "They are UT4k models anyway, so they cant be used, id be using the stock models that come with the basic fpsc set."

@Fallon One
Looks interesting. It's good that you will be releasing a free one so we can see how it all works and what the quality will be like.
MaxxGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 00:42
Okey, let me join this discussion.
This is what we have:
- Creeps pack
- Zombies pack
- WWII pack
- SCI-FI pack
- Some bad quality misc/inconsistant people pack (no offense)

What we (or at least I) need is some GOOD modern people. Just like we see today. Im a bit tired of all "uncommon" stuff.

We need packs with casual people like you meet in the stores today, and business people, directors, works, maybe gangsters and suited (like in Matrix) people / organised crime. Jamesbond type of characters.

To reference to a few games: like Half-Life 1 & 2, SIN, Coutner Strike, SWAT, Delta Force (military guys), Soldier of Fortune, Hitman 2, Splinter cell, etc...

This will open a wide new range of games for FPSC.
I would be willing to spend over $100 on packs with +- 20 of those guys. Ofcorse they need to be "well made".

Im a fan of the "classic" setting/ like "organised crime" with "gadgets" and "technology" and subjects as "weapons" "drugs" "military secrets". things like that.
Bombs, nukes. Has anyone seen the movie "The Rock"?

k.. i hope the picture is clear.

Kewl!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 02:51
Thanks for the feedback, yep that's the sort of stuff I have going on, though I want to make it a definitive pack so I'm putting in 2 characters that vary from the modern citizen, a person in ancient armour, its every piece, so you can put as much armour as needed, good for period games, like if you wanted someone from the 1700 for a vampire game, stick on some leather trousers a frilly shirt and sick a padded leather arming jacket or just the breast plate, every piece is separate so you can arm it how you like, and Ill stick in a few near future armoured types, just a couple of flak jackets and body armour etc, think robocop type of thing, very slightly futuristic, like between now and next 30 years, that way you've pretty much got the whole lot and wont need anything else as I will of pretty much covered it all, ill stick with 2 figures, one woman one man, the first is the woman, the packs will be pretty large, they have every separate layer so quite frankly you can dress them literally from top to bottom, choose hats, bandannas, sunglasses, t shirts, vests, jumpers, trousers hot pants, tight pants, stockings, bra, jeans and on and on, dress then how you want by picking each separate layer of clothing.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 02:59
Sounds like the next best thing to having your own character creation studio. Can't wait!

Best.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:21:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:21:08