Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / selling fpsc creations - skin packs ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 04:47 Edited at: 28th Apr 2007 04:52
Here is a preview, I kept the skins in a similar style to the originals so they will blend in, I normally have a higher contrast and a more hard image and low key, with less mid tones more towards the darker image, but I have to work to make them follow the standard ones that come with the game, so I kept them in a similar key to the game media. Not as exciting as a space marine to look at, a bit boring, but they fulfill a job and will add to the stock media so they should help.

Here is an image, bandanna on the head, pink t-shirt and snakeskin trousers. (it is a 'complete' texture not a cut and paste job over someone elses work)

One of many, like I said it will be a full pack with lots of different outfits and characters

By the way the image is from my 3d paint prog, so no lights and very flat, and bad aliasing, Ill get high rez shots, pretty shots, when Ive completed them, for now Ill use shots from my flat 3d painting app.
Ill try and get the armoured character done tomorrow, its a bit more interesting to look at.
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
If I bought a pack, I would be looking for space marines and high tech stuff. But that's just what I would like to use. Other people might have a game that requires more generic characters.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 13:01
By space marines do you mean warhammer 40k or you just mean general sci/fi?
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 13:28
I'd love a private security texture...(like the on in the first few posts) I'd pay money for that to be put on something stocked..lol

big..hahaha..you said big!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 16:11 Edited at: 28th Apr 2007 16:12
I think its best if rather than just doing civilian clothing, that I try and cover most things people want, that way I cover the lot, that way I get the most amount of packs being sold and the most amount of people getting what they want for their games.

So please make suggestions, as If I miss it, then there is no excuse later on when you are missing something y0u wanted for your game.

So this is a good excuse to talk about your project or future one, make the suggestions of what you want to see for characters.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 18:23
@fallen one

How can I contact you? I want to talk to you about your texture work. You can contact me if you wish, just click my email button.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 19:41 Edited at: 28th Apr 2007 21:53
My email is on my AS site.
http://www.avantivita.com

On the model I am just dividing up the chainmail skins, like different styles coifs, gorgets, shirts, vests, basically you can do just about most armour types for most period style games, Ill be doing modern stuff later on.
Work takes time due to not being one skin, but lots within one piece, just on armour using chainmail, one can have so many styles and pieces that fit over the body, one can easily make 30 armour pieces.

Just done the vests, 10 different ones plus a layer of the garments trim so you can make the trims on the shirts different colours.

Im looking at Ninja type stuff next I think, I want different types of hoods and masks.

I am going to call the pack the 'definitive pack', with a sub header 'the total solution', as I want it to be exactly that, the total solution to every need, so that one only needs 2 packs for just about most things, the male pack and the female pack, both should cover most things that one could need for just about most games.

I had a hell of a time getting this one posted, It kept telling me it had bad language, till I noticed I spelt shirts wrong.
Slayer Simon
Years of Service
User Offline
I mean sci/fi space marines. if I used warhammer 40k I wouldn't be able to sell my game.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 21:21
I am just looking through the textures that come with the game.
I see we have an extension on the name _D
so its the diffuse texture, now we have 2.
_D and a _D2
One looks better lit, the _D2, now is that a fall back material for if the normal map doesn't work, or is it a light map, whats the deal in FPSC with having 2 defuse textures.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 23:27
File size download-

I also need to know what file size is acceptable, texture files are large in media terms compared to other assets, so they can get large, these skins are especially so as they have many layers with each item, because of this the layers have a lot of empty space, that space still takes file size regardless, so in turn the file sizes can get large, I may have to split them up into themes if they get too large than what is acceptable as a download for most people.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 00:48
The EU's goal is not to resurrect the Roman Empire...

AE

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 01:00
It is In World Powers game concept.
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 01:21
demo out soon seems nice

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 03:13 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 03:15
What I am going to have to do with these is divide them into themes to keep the file sizes smaller, these can get quite extensive what with all the different combinations of attire, plus decals for decoration and dirt maps, then all the normals and specularity extras, they all add up, Ill break them down into smaller packs, then people can get the pack that fits the theme of the game. For example

Military - military attires of all types.
Cyberpunk - think the matrix.
Oriental - Ninjas, martial artists, Yakuza Triads etc.
Street life - Bikers and Punks
Street Life - Party girls.
Street Life - 'Gangsta'

and so on.

Pack 1 will be the warrior pack, hopefully out soon.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 03:26 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 03:27
Slayer222 keeps on saying!

Quote: "those are UT guns"
Quote: "They are from UT2003"

So they are?

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 02:33
Just a note, those that contact me with job applications, unless you give links to a web site/work/portfolio etc, I don't answer the mail, a couple of lines with no links gets marked as suspect and gets ignored, so I thought I would mark that here to those that may of posted to me.
smith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 06:43
Quote: "Quote: "those are UT guns"
Quote: "They are from UT2003""

Thoses screanies were in UT.

big..hahaha..you said big!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 00:17
If you read the posts you will see it states that those examples of mine are from UT4k, and thats the end of that.

Still working on the skin pack, I hope it doesnt take more than 3 more days.
Dreadfully Despized
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 15:04
very nice work I am still looking around on doing some retextures myself to see what I can do for the current game me and a few friends are working on.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 17:21
Thought Id post a quick preview, one of lots, its a pack so there are a lot of characters in it, just an image from my paint program, its low rez, Ill post better ones when I release the pack.

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 18:18
Man, I am having trouble containing myself while waiting on this pack.

[http://www.mk83productions.com] [http://www.freewebs.com/mk83]
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 23:34
Whats the deal with the official packs on the main page, did TGC commission artists to make them, so it was a straight work for hire deal, or are they private designers selling their wares and TGC like the product so give it front page coverage.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 00:20
Will you be accepting Paypal?

[http://www.mk83productions.com] [http://www.freewebs.com/mk83]
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 00:31 Edited at: 6th May 2007 00:31
I haven't looked into payment details yet, Ive been busy getting the files done and concentrating on getting a really good pack together, I figure If I make it well and extensive that a lot of fpsc owners should be interested in purchacing the pack, its certainly a full pack, I can imagine it will be used to make a lot of projects.

I will definitely be using paypal, I will have to look into all the payment methods and also how I should deliver the pack to the customers.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 00:39
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 19:07
Here are a couple more images from the collection
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 20:45
These are great, How long till you start selling?

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 21:04 Edited at: 6th May 2007 21:05
4 or 5 days perhaps.
I have to finish them off, plus make the web page etc, then work out how to do online payments etc.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 22:02
I know this must be annoying, but is it ready yet? Obviously not or you would post it. How's the progress?

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 22:15
I'm still working on it, I want to make the pack very extensive, I don't want to look at it later on and think, I should of added that or made that item, or have people look at it and say it needs this and my game is incomplete without it.

The pack is not just a few full body skins, it is lots of clothing items, like lots of vests lots of boots, lots of shoes, lots of sunglasses lots of hats etc, so its very big and requires lots of work to make it.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 21:25
Im porting the textures over now, I work at double the size, so now I am converting the textures over to the correct sizing and cleaning them up, once I have them all done Ill start to take shots of all the items and see if there is any additional quick skins I may want to add.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2007 22:45
Quote: "So the first skin pack will be the bikini girl from model pack 4, any suggestions for anything particular you would like to see on this character let me know."

Tube top
Miniskirt
Fish net stockings
high heeled boots
And make sure she has on too much make up.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2007 00:59
Fish net stockings
high heeled boots

got those.

the skirt isnt a problem, and ill make sure to do some boob tubes.
MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2007 01:37
Looks like I can finally have my Prostitute. Thanks, I'm so very happy.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2007 03:03
Yea you can make hookers, and sexy type women, once Ive got on top of it when I put the advertising together Ill put together a snap shot of all the items that come in the pack and some examples of characters one can make.
Its been a lot of work putting the pack together as its not one skin but lots, if you had say 80 items, its like 50 skins if you divide them up into seperate characters, its a lot of work to do.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 00:52 Edited at: 16th May 2007 00:54
There may be a delay in this, I'm talking to a publisher at the moment, one of the publishers I speak to has just come back to me (this is from before I looked at fpsc) and is looking to see some of my demos, one of the pitches is for a modern day game using street gangs, so I may use the skin pack in a commercial game, if that is so the pack wouldn't be released, but if a different game is signed then it would be released, just depends on if something is signed and what it is.
So for the moment I am going to have to shift to demo making and put the skin pack on hold for a little moment.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th May 2007 00:54
fallen one,

It's ok, we're used to it. I hope it goes commercial. Best of luck with the publishers.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 01:04
I was just putting them in the pack, like I said they are at 2048x2048, I reduce them to 1024 and I clean the edges up, by that I mean I cut them out to the mesh outline so they look neat on the flats, I then add markers to the corners to make them be able to snap when dragging layers, well I was doing that getting them ready, when the publisher came back to me today, I had thought the publisher had quit the negotiations but they came back today.

I have some new techniques to use in fpsc so Ill be running some tests, If we get something signed that uses that skin pack, Ill see if I get some time to give something for free in skins to make up. Its early days yet and Ive been through publisher negotiations many times before, as far as I'm concerned its not a done deal till the moneys in the bank so Ill see what happens.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 16:29 Edited at: 16th May 2007 16:30
@ Fallen One: Where is a website where I can send an email through for skin packs? I saw that you were busy but do you have time to make a skin pack of maybe 10 skins. Please let me know thanks.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 17:05 Edited at: 16th May 2007 17:19
My web site is here
http://www.avantivita.com
There is an email address on the site some place, perhaps under team or contact or something, its on the site if you have a scoot around.

Its a pitty about having to do the publisher thing as now I'm in two minds about releasing the pack, I have to get the demos done right now so that takes time up.
Releasing the skin pack brings in some funds, though I'm not sure how many one can sell, I'm sure one could only sell like 50 packs at best, I'm guessing the community isn't that extensive, the pack is large, it must have almost 100 items of clothing, but I'm guessing the community sales perhaps arnt high, if you had 50 sales and it was 5 pounds or 10 pounds, its 250 pounds or 500 pounds at the very most, perhaps I'm wrong and one can sell lots and lots, its hard to tell as I have no way of knowing for sure, it would be interesting to see what the figures was on the official model packs, though they are featured on the main page so that in itself brings in more viewers.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th May 2007 18:21
fallen one,

Sent you an e-mail. If you don't get it after a while, let me know and I'll post it here.

best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 18:38
yep xplosys got the email, yep I could go with that deal.
Im just doing some light mapping tests to see what options I can get in fpsc, I want to see the quality of render I can get, If it come out good then Ill post the publisher a test that uses the skin pack, if they dont go for it I can sell the pack online, I want to make a comic book style game, so as the skin pack is in a realistic style its not something id use, but I keep my options open just in caseI need to use it in something for them, it would be nice to have it used by the public as I think it will open up the games they make a lot more, Ill see what happens first.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 00:57 Edited at: 17th May 2007 07:29
To gauge how many sales one can expect Ive done a character to download for free, I can track its downloads to see what size the interest is.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 01:15
@ Fallen One: I emailed you and was just wondering if you got the email.

K.L. Phair
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 01:28 Edited at: 17th May 2007 01:34
Quote: "Ill wait to see if some of my threads get answered on this forum, before I put the link up for it, its a good test to look at the community"

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 02:48
Quote: "Fallen One: I emailed you and was just wondering if you got the email."

don't see anything, what was the message title.

Ive had mails from
MK83 and Brian Lizotte Xplosys today, don't see yours yet, I had someone contact me a while back about commissions I asked them for specifics on the model and what it is, makes quotes better, they didn't get back so I didn't give them a quote.

I have a nice model to put up for free, should stick it up now, but I have to do research as my threads on lightmapping and segments are not answered, so that delays things while I have to mess about.

On the mail I had today from MK83 on the hooker model, well Id stick up a free skin, its a nice executioner skin, looks totally evil, up know and track its downloads, from that I can gauge how big the fpsc audience is, then decide if I release the pack or I use it in a demo for the publisher, I need to test my techniques out for what Ill be making in fpsc, but I cannot answer that till I get my lightmapper thread answered on these forums, so I need to do my tests, the quicker I do them the quicker I can decide if I need the skin pack or not, the longer it gets delayed the longer will be the decision to release them or not as Ill have to work things out myself rather than just getting a quick response on the forums and getting things sorted out quickly for my art tests.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 03:12
worked out the lightmapping, I just outputted my map as a game exe, then I can look at the lightmaps from that.
building them in the editor should save them some place so one doesn't have to keep testing it through the editor, a bit inefficient that.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 05:56 Edited at: 17th May 2007 05:59
The subject was About skin packs.

How much would it be for 10 different skins and how much would it be for 15. Thats all I wanted to know. Thanks. You can email me at games@egamestudio.com. Thanks.

K.L. Phair
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 06:12
That worries me if it didn't come through, hope my mail is working.
what was the message title so I can search.

To answer the question, Ill release the free skin, see if the response is good, if so Ill release the skin pack, then Ill be ready for commissions.

Just to get some extra info, what model is if for, all one model or many, is it a model that comes with fpsc or the packs, or a custom one, subject matter of the skin and if it needs normal maps.
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 15:16 Edited at: 17th May 2007 15:17
The subject was "About skin packs." So I have to wait and see if everyone else wants a sking pack before I can know if youll make take the request or not? If you are going to do it, I need to know so that I can know where to put the new charachters with the new skins. Honestly, I do not care what the skin packs look like as long as they look good. It would be for the military charachters in Model Pack 1 and for the bikini girl to make her look like a hooker. Maybe like 3 different bikini girls and then the rest the SWAT Team and SAS Troopers. If you did 15 then I would want the same thing, a few different ones of the bikini girl, SWAT team and SAS trooper, along with the medic and male civilian in model pack 1, the zombie doctor and maybe a futuristic charachter. Depending on your price I would be willing to get more then 15 skin packs. Let me know how much you charge by pack then I can let you know how many I would want to buy. Let me know when you have time. Thanks.

K.L. Phair

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 15:20:45
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 15:20:45