Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / i-Rating Board-The New Independent Game Rating System

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 06:46
looking good

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 17:54
Can't wait for this! Currently I use TIGRS (www.tigrs.org) but this sounds more user-friendly .

---PlasmaArts---
www.plasmaarts.co.nr - www.plasmaarts-games.co.nr
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 22:27 Edited at: 28th Jun 2007 04:45
OK. I am working hard to get this done before I go to California on the 9th. Duplex, has come up with some good image logos which I like. (I also sent you an email Duplex). So I am going to work on the content.

Brief Overview of what to expect:

All Game ratings will be free and will include the following.

Free Rating:
Games name lisitng and developer, publisher and distributor.
Link to the games website if applicable.
Game rating category image code with the games name put on the rating logo to customize the rating tag for that specific game.
A page displaying why the rating is what it is.
The publisher can send us their images or game covers design and it will be made into a customized template so that when people look at the games rating then it will have the webpage correspond with the game.

$25 per enhancement add on to free game ratings:
A one time fee of $25 to add the following enhancement. A 30 minute podcast talking and explaining your game, the rating, and to add it to our networks cheat codes websaite where we will post a review as well as a review on the EGameStudio.Com website where we are building a review section, as well as a review on the rating site. Now the reviews on the i-Rating website review section will state the review is paid for but had nothing to do with the rating.

Professional Add on option package to free game rating:
Distribution of a press release backed by the i-Rating system. This plan differs then using news wire services on the Intenret as the press release is sent to major places like USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Chicago Tribune to name a few major places. You will also receive a submission to Reuters, Associated Press and other major newswire services that can decide to use your news content for their network or not. This service is another add on that incldues all of the above but only costs $200 and can give major publicity to not only your game, but also brings awareness to your games rating.

All Solution Add on option to free game rating:
Includes all of the above, but also includes Fox News Radio, ABC Radio, and other places where your i-Rating and game information will be sent to for airtime on different radio networks. These are short news clips which will add more then just newspaper contact exposure. $400 for this service including all of the above.

Now these packages do not guarantee you news highlights and things like that on certain netowrks like AC etc. But they are add ons that are cheaper then many professional services out there and they will give you more exposure. These packages were developed for the ultra low budget, low budget, and then the average budget. These add ons are competitively priced and you can compare them to any type of media service out there.

The i-Rating board will also accept any and all donations.

So all game ratings are free, and have free bonuses for using the i-Rating system as well as 3 different add ons to give you more exposure cheaper then other places you might find out there. PR firms charge a lot, which is why these add ons were devleoped for people who want to gian extra exposure. Also, feel free to check these prices against the popular PR Web prices and services.

I thank everyone for their support and will try to have the site up ASAP. The game rating structure is credited to Incense and the logo design is credited ot Duplex.

K.L. Phair
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Now its starting to rock!!

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 05:58
Quote: "Now its starting to rock!!"

Definetely! *puts hand over wallet and whimpers*

---PlasmaArts---
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 16:52
Quote: "Definetely! *puts hand over wallet and whimpers*"

Well, I am trying to put together as many features as possible as add ons because I figure that for people who want the rating, they could also use some help to have it promoted. So I am going to be revising these add ons and making it so that you will receive some way to have your website promoted. I made the smallest add on $25 becaus eI figure most people can afford that since it is just barely above the price of a model pack. I will make a smaller add on as well. I will also add other things onto the other add ons. I am not trying to break anyones budget and ma trying to make it affordable for anyone. I will let you know what I come up with and keep everyone updated.

K.L. Phair
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 17:00
what about a $5 add-on that has some sort of webspace and a subdomain that is something simple, and you could have templetes at $2 each and there easy to set-up, or u get people to set them up for the game maker. Idk, im tired

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 17:04
Quote: "what about a $5 add-on that has some sort of webspace and a subdomain that is something simple, and you could have templetes at $2 each and there easy to set-up, or u get people to set them up for the game maker. Idk, im tired"

Your suggestion gave me a idea for a $10 package. Not $5 but $10 but it would come with a lot of value for the buck. Thanks for the suggestion and I will let you know what I come up with.

K.L. Phair
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 01:36
i helped...YAY

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 03:35 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2007 04:09
This is a new and improved package scenario. As I said ALL GAMES CAN GET A FREE RATING> THESE OPTIONS ARE OPTIONAL.

Brief Overview of what to expect:

All Game ratings will be free and will include the following.

Free Rating:
Games name lisitng and developer, publisher and distributor.
Link to the games website if applicable.
Game rating category image code with the games name put on the rating logo to customize the rating tag for that specific game.
A page displaying why the rating is what it is.
The publisher can send us their images or game covers design and it will be made into a customized template so that when people look at the games rating then it will have the webpage correspond with the game.
All people registered with the board will receive a manufacturing deal with me for making their games in a DVD box, cover including printing on the box, plus disc, put n a DVD, and image printing on the disc for $4 a packaged game with no miminum order. To make it even better with this low pricing option, with sign up of the i-Rating system, you also will get a special i-Rating drop shipping account for where you can sell your game yourself, and then we will drop ship your game for you from our manufacturing department. So you cna do it to where you can sell your game yourself and you do not need to carry inventory or pay up front costs for manufacturing.That way you could slel your game and we owuld ship it to your customer. I will establish flat rate shipping rates soon.

$15 enhancement add on:
Includes the above but will also include worldwide search engine submission of not only your games website, but also the registration of a domain name of your choosing being among .com, .net, .info, .org instead of using a subdomain or something like that. That way you can give people the domain and it will go to your i-Rating board page and it will be registered among the search engines. For the search engine submission we will submit to all major search engines, etc. (world wide and not just US for the benefit that not everyone lives in the US), for one year, (1 submission per domain a month), for up to 3 domains. So you could do the domain for the i-Rating board, but also your website, and anything else that you want submitted to search engines. (I have my own SEO software so its not a problem).

$25 per enhancement add on to free game ratings:
A one time fee of $25 to add the following enhancement. A 30 minute podcast talking and explaining your game, the rating, and to add it to our networks cheat codes websaite where we will post a review as well as a review on the EGameStudio.Com website where we are building a review section, as well as a review on the rating site. Now the reviews on the i-Rating website review section will state the review is paid for but had nothing to do with the rating.

$50 add on enhancement to free game rating:
1 year website hosting plus all of the above including domain name. You would have 2 gigs of space to use and 10 gigs bandwidth. We will build your web pages, all the leg work that needs to be done plus all of the above.

$150 add on package to free game rating:
All of the above plus we will manufacture in a professional matter your game in DVD boxes including formating your game, puting it on a DVD to be played being encrypted on a DVD, DVD box, cover, i-Rating logo formatted and placed on the box. This would be 60 games made for you like this plus all of the above. Since I own EGameStudio, I will also add int hat the person who purchases this package can sell on EGameStudio their own games that they made in FPSC for free minus the charges that are applied to the store for payment gateway costs. So you kepp all of the profits minus the shipping, handling and fees for using PayPal. So if you sell the game for $30 you keep all of that except for the fees I am charged for using PayPal. It is less then usual since I have a high volume account and I have my PayPal registered as a business. EGameStudio is listed as the founding supporter of the system since I want EGameStudio seen in apositive light and it brings more awareness the the online store. But with that packages you will get 60 copies done plus all of the above so it will give you a boost in profits without worrying about what would normally be a 20% fee for the manufacturing of it.

Professional Add on option package to free game rating:
Distribution of a press release backed by the i-Rating system. This plan differs then using news wire services on the Intenret as the press release is sent to major places like USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Chicago Tribune to name a few major places. You will also receive a submission to Reuters, Associated Press and other major newswire services that can decide to use your news content for their network or not. This service is another add on that incldues all of the above but only costs $275 and can give major publicity to not only your game, but also brings awareness to your games rating.

All Solution Add on option to free game rating:
Includes all of the above, but also includes Fox News Radio, ABC Radio, and other places where your i-Rating and game information will be sent to for airtime on different radio networks. These are short news clips which will add more then just newspaper contact exposure. $475 for this service including all of the above.

Now these packages do not guarantee you news highlights and things like that on certain netowrks like AC etc. But they are add ons that are cheaper then many professional services out there and they will give you more exposure. These packages were developed for the ultra low budget, low budget, and then the average budget. These add ons are competitively priced and you can compare them to any type of media service out there.

The i-Rating board will also accept any and all donations. Due to the increase in the bottom line packages I needed to upgrade the top two packages by a bit since the higher packaged enhancements include everything in the cheaper packages.

I wanted to add a note that this is a general idea of what to expect when I officially start this. Everything will be more definite after I get things up, but the pricing will be the same.

K.L. Phair
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
How much longer before the site will be up?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 21:34
Quote: "How much longer before the site will be up?"

I am tryign to get it up before the 9th when I go to L.A. If I do not have it done by then then it will be done by the following Mondaywhich is like the 16th. I am just adding the content and setting things up when I ma not doing my regular projects for clients. I want to get this up ASAP as I am sure the tool and add ons will be utilized. The main conflcit so far has been whether I should use a flash site and so I just am going with something else to make it easier for me. So, I will be adding this on to the EGameStudio server and then will go from there. EGameStudio is going to be the main promoter listed for this and it will be attached as a EGameStudio service. I am doing this to establish EGameStudio into a firm position for the future. So both EGameStudio and i-Rating will promote each other which will help increase inependent sales form the store, while also having a rating in place that anyone can use anywhere. I am finishing this up ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 22:42
Could I be a team member on this, I would write the reviews and stuff, I enjoy things like this, I run a school magazine and I love writing reviews on peoples work.

Duplex Creations Has now teamed up withX games.
Urban Pack WIP
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 07:05 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2007 07:07
Quote: "Could I be a team member on this, I would write the reviews and stuff, I enjoy things like this, I run a school magazine and I love writing reviews on peoples work."

Email me and we can set somethign up. Did you ever get the email I sent about the images? I got the O+ image but was not sure on the color codes. I am going to use your design layout a bit, so its a great concept and contribution and I really appreciate it. Email me what you do with the magazine and maybe you could help me with the editorial points. I know I could use some help with this.

Also, I run another website related to gaming and wanted to do a review section so maybe you could help me with that too if you are interested.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 17:57
Ok, I'll send you a e-mail with some info.

Not sure wether I got my e-mail, did you use the one in my profile or the one I gave you?

Duplex

Urban Pack WIP
PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 18:59
I just replied to the email that I got that you used to send me the image of the logo you made. It was to the Hotmail account. I had clicked on reply. I got the info you sent me and sure that is fine about what you said in it. I was thinking about some things we could do and I sent a reply. Let me know what you think about my idea and feel free to forward me the last magazine you did. I have more ideas I am generating but I want to figure them out before I start trying to focus on implementing them.

K.L. Phair
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 20:44
I repied again

Urban Pack WIP
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 14:44 Edited at: 5th Jul 2007 14:50
I can't wait to see my rating system put to use. It's pretty cool to be a part of this. I'm ready to offer more help where ever it is needed. I do everything from graphics to websites. I can have a functional website up in less then a day.

Just let me know if you need anything.

http://www.donfinner.com/resume
http://www.donfinner.com/graphics.htm

If you want to see my work just go to yahoo and search for "Donald Finner" My resume should be the first thing on the list.

I did have allot of sites that I have done posted there but I have pulled away from webdesign in favor of other things. They have all gone by the wayside so I took the links down.

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 17:33
OK update: I am leaving for California tommorow if not tonight. So, I will make a temporary place for the i-rating system until I have the main website done. That way people cna see what this is all about in the final stage, and thne we can start geting games rated. Then after I build the main website, then that temporary one will turn into a information page that cna serve to promote the i-Rating system. I will try to have this done ASAP as I only need to load the information.

Quote: "I can't wait to see my rating system put to use. It's pretty cool to be a part of this."

I did research on this and your system will blow TIGRS out of the water. So I really do appreciate the help on this and as I said I will post the rating credit to you.

K.L. Phair
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 01:22 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 04:22
I'm so excited I have to tinkle.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 03:40
sounds awesome that u will have a temp website up soon, or have u already gone?

PAS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 02:48
Hey you guys. I will be puting up the website. I am in California so have been busy. It will be a temp website but it will serve its purpose. Look for it to be up withing the next few days or so. Sorry it took me so long to keep you updated on this.

K.L. Phair
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2007 01:34
Good luck to you, sir

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
THE GAME DESIGNER
Years of Service
User Offline
hey PAS do you like spend hours typing or r u just fast man?

lewis stevens
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't wait to see the new site. I hope that this doesn't stall out. Looks good so far.

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 18:38
Good bump

I emailed you. I'm getting my 5mb connection soon so I would love to download and review games.

---PlasmaArts---
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I would love to download and review games also.

How exactly have you decided that will work PAS?

How will the game raters be chosen?

How will they get the games that they will be rating?

Will the raters be able to post their own comments and reveiws on
the site, or will they have to send them to you and have you post them? If the site is set up so that only authorized raters can post a reveiw as a Game Rater that is good. There can be another section for the people that have played the games to post their opinion. If there is not a set board of raters, imagine the kaos of having to keep on top of all the people that can post as a rater. If people are chosen at random to rate games then there could be a different group every month or day for that matter. That could get to be a real headache. There are ways to deal with that though. I have a few ideas myself.

Will there be compensation of some kind for the people that are doing the rating? If not money then what. There is the fact that they get a free game out of the deal.

nelzpunk
Years of Service
User Offline
Something does need to be done- ratings should be respected, and i think we can agree that as of today they are not. Games Like movies should have a respected and ENFORCED RATING, so parents can be aware and stop trying to boycot games that are legitimate to a certain age group. And we all know that mainly we are talking about GTA. A totally wonderful game, IF you are old enough and mature enough to take the game with the grain of salt. Simply: the Ratings SHOULD be upheld and enforced!

GAP
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
We haven't heard anything from PAS since the 11th. There is still no word on the I-Rating website. I hope that this project hasn't died. If it has I would gladly pick up the torch.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 17:04
PAS, Come back!

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2007 03:20 Edited at: 28th Jul 2007 03:21
Quote: "PAS, Come back!"

PAS, Come back!!!

[Edit] Cool I started a page

---PlasmaArts---
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a really long vacation.

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
naw my guesses is that he is here but got bored of the idea and is waiting for this topic to die...
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 18:06 Edited at: 5th Aug 2007 18:18
That would be a shame. I will give it 30 days from now and then I will pick up the torch start running. If anyone wants a piece of the action send me an email and we can talk about it. Please title the email as "Inde Game Rating" and then your FPSC forum name. I have some great ideas that can take this to the next level. I hope PAS comes back though. They were doing a pretty good job.

Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 04:11
Why don't we just use TIGRS? A free game rating system.
He's a link to it http://www.tigrs.org/

Uhhhhhh.....I forgot
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
At http://www.tigrs.org/ it is easy for someone to downplay any adult or semiadult content, because people actually rate thier own games. They do so by providing whatever answers to the ready made forms that they want to. Some people might do this thinking that they will get better sales. That means that the rating system is inaccurate and prettymuch useless. If more than one person rates your games by actually seeing the content in action, it is allot more fare. That will carry more credibility in the eyes of the public, especially if you explain how the rating system works.

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 03:59
tigrs, is ok. but u rate it urselft and theres no "legiteallitiy" lollolz i'm really tired right now ahAH!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2007 05:30
Sounds good I see where your coming from. I would really like to see a
Rating system for FPSC (and maybe DB games too hmm?)

Uhhhhhh.....I forgot
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 17:02 Edited at: 13th Aug 2007 17:03
22 days untill I call this thread dead and start my own. I have most of the ideas developed and a site concept ready to be done. When the time comes it will take no time at all to get the site up and running. Then the news will be posted on as many Inde game forums as humanly possible. From there it is a short jump to other game companies. The Inde developers will still be as important as the other companies.

I vow that this will be done. It doesn't matter if it is by me or someone else, but it will be done.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Then the news will be posted on as many Inde game forums as humanly possible"

Some words of advice, BAD idea why don't you take a few games from this forum see how it goes get some more helpers get your system into full swing and get some experience then spread out the wider audience when you have settled down to the responsiblility

Thanks
Adam
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 19:27
incense: What have you done with this project?

[url=www.x-games.mdhost.info]X-Games[/url]
[url=fps-files.com]FPS-Files[/url]
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2007 21:12
I don't think PAS would just give up,

He worked so hard on all the details, packages, etc.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 09:40
i agree, maybe he is really busy or he is on a holiday or maybe he died (doubt it)
has anyone emailed him?

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 10:18
I e-mailed him askin if he was alright and to see If he was still continuing this, I also shared some idea's with him, dunno if I got a Reply, but I chechin e-mail After I post this.

Duplex

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 11:08 Edited at: 14th Aug 2007 11:12
I was thinking of doing something like this myself, so there may be a new version of something like this by yours truely. Give me some time to set it up and I will announce later if this has ceased. BTW it will be for any engine.

EDIT- the TIGRS system seems real nice as well.I may not bother.

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 11:46
TIGERS is crap
its just a pic u make yourself on a website. Not many people care if u have TIGERS or not

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 14:06 Edited at: 14th Aug 2007 18:14
Quote: "TIGERS is crap"
No more crap than a rating board started on here that is completely unknown and has to credentials such creditability would have to be earned until then this idea is basicly a staffed version of TIGRS untill they gain some experience and credit

Thanks
Adam
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 15:56 Edited at: 14th Aug 2007 15:57
Quote: "its just a pic u make yourself on a website."

That is the end result, not the process, and granted, some people use it to just make a picture without going through the rating process. That's not it's purpose however.

If you take the time to go through the steps and give your game an honest rating with TIGRS, you have done as much as possible without actually paying the ESRB. Any rating board started on this forum would as much or less credibility as TIGRS, like Storm said, at least until and when it earned some of it's own.

I am seeing TIGRS on more products all the time and it may be a little bigger than you think. The concept is good, but can be abused as anything that is left to the individual can be. A 3rd party rating is time consuming and expensive if done properly. The developer must provide a wealth of information if it is to be done right and considered legitimate. I continue to watch the progress here with interest.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@Storm 6000: If you had read the posts that explain the difference between TIGERS and this type of rating system, you would know that there is a huge difference. They are nothing alike except for the fact that they both would give games a rating. TIGERS lets people tell you what rating they think their game deserves. If I made a game I could tell what ever I wanted. I would make it look really good so I could sell more. If other people rate your game then that tells an objective opinion backed by a sound fare set system for all the screeners to go by. It's only fare that a game get an objective rating. Not just the opinion of the one that created it. Systems that give ratings that the majority doesn't agree with would eventually destroy the whole faith in rating systems all together. Then little chindren would be playing games that have strong sexual content or worse, because no one pays attention to rarings because they just wouldn't be able to trust them. It is important to maintain the integrity of ratings so that things like that don't happen.

@Mr Makealotofsmoke: All rating systems have to get noticed over time. That's common sence. A system isn't just famous upon creation. That is just not going to happen. I think that the person that set up TIGERS made a good site and had good intentions. There is some talent there. It's just the fact that people get to rate thier own games that doesn't make it credible. Other than that it is a pretty handy piece of work.

I have the following angles covered:
Website
Graphics
Rating System
Most popular Inde forums

All I really need is 10 people to play the games and rate them.

I may not wait the rest of the 30 days to do this. It is needed pretty badly.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2007 16:27
Quote: "All I really need is 10 people to play the games and rate them."

I'll be one, but I think you should leave this to PAS and you start your own All together.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 03:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 03:25:50