Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Vishnu v1.4 Game Protection Released (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2007 23:40
Rolfy, we have others testing that are more comp savy. Thats why Terry's one as well as others(though Terry's probably the most FPSC famous). It's important that all walks can figure it out easy enough. And to be honest, the app is more geared for the kinda developer you are. Not a comp wiz but is producing grand media he does not want in the hands of others. That was our intention all along for the SinniNSouL media. It's real had to release a demo around here with legal programs like Magic FPS, that you can easily convert any mesh file with.

You have your place Rolfy. Never underestimate that. You've worked closely with s4 getting things in Vishnu that people want. Others can worry about security.

Loc

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 00:08
I feel left out...is everybody still mad at me?

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Woudn't think so Fred I released a couple of demo's with early beta's and felt the same way,then I realised that it was giving others the chance to test the limits of the program,and therefore pointing out some of the loopholes in the protection,I dont really care if some folks get their hands on my media at this point,and some will always be able to.
It's really a case of saying you did try to protect it that counts in law,as I've said before.
Thanks guy's for making me feel less useless on your project I guess the whole point is to make Vishnu as user friendly with as much protection as is possible under the circumstances.
I do believe that this will be the most tested and tried software available in the end.
And as Loc' says it will help keep the average user honest.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 00:31
To me, that really is what it's all about. Media protection, but idiot proof. lol Being in the support industry, I know that's not entirely possible, but as close as you can get.

Fred, I still love ya' babe.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 20:15
Quote: "Media protection, but idiot proof......."

Yeah. I'm always trying to do crap to foul up the app, and S4's like "Whos going to do that?" Well I did it....So ya never know....We need to fix that..

Certainly never calling anyone an idiot, but you never know what people will click or do when they're board waiting for a game to load.

And yes Fred, we got nuthin but luv for ya homie.....

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah as loc said all we have is luv for ya, there's a nice big beta tester sign for u to look at now so early version's dont get released.

Your multiplayer looking good there fred.

best s4
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 18:16
First off I'd like to thank the new purchasers. It's your continued support that allows the further development of the product.

Don't have the email addy at hand but this is to all Vishnu 1.4 users:

To make the Settings work in the beginning of the game you HAVE to build the game with shaders on, even if you yourself can't use them. These have to be available for the settings for your game to work otherwise there are no shaders to "turn on".

Hope this clears it up, and feel free to ask any questions you may have either via email or here. Either place is fine, though here, your questions may also benefit other Vishnu users as the group is getting larger.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hope this clears it up"

LOL.You didn't take me into account.

The new interface is really nice and some of the features,your own video,music loop and choice of colours for loading bar to fit your own scheme, are very good and it all negates any issues with users having an extra step at game start up.Some folks would probably use Vishnu just for these extras alone.
The fact that it seems to reduce the game file size after packing is fantastic.
nice one, rolfy.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 19:20
Actually Rolfy, the colors of the loading bar isn't going to be implemented until 1.5, but you have a 1.5 beta(add build#here)(the 1.4 users are like "Where can I change the loading bar at?").

But if history repeats it self, you'll always find Vishnu to be the innovator in the media protection market and never the follower.

Theres a reason Vishnus features are emulated in other products: The strength of S4's beta testers and the suggestions they give/want/need.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 20:14
Scenario:

I made a mistake and clicked on "Pwned Arena Final" instead of the icon next to it. The setup screen came up and I said "Ooops, wrong program. I don't want to play this now."

There are two options, Save and Ok, both of which begin the task of decrypting and loading the game. But I don't want to play now. Anyway, I have to click one and wait for the entire process to finish because I can not do anything else while this is going on.

Can we get a Cancel or Exit button on the Setup screen?

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 20:29
X, S4's already planing on placing a quit button there(I've been told). I actually mentioned that today again funny enough. I'd mocked up like a few weeks ago a new settings screen with button and text placement for him but it's yet to make it to a beta. Personally I think the f12 should kill the application(and therefor the game) at any point during the Vishnu portion of the game getting played, but I'm not sure that can be done as it has to work in stages(unloads media, deletes media etc).

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 23:19
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 04:26
Yup. Since Rolfy let out the loading bar, we'll give that to the people.

S4's trying not to let out much. The ideas seem to pop up in other places.

Loc

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 22:04
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 22:31 Edited at: 21st Jun 2007 01:03
Vishnu V1.4.2 will be released later this week
New features:

Exit on Game Option so you can exit your game.

New protection system added.

Some bug fixes.

Best s4
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 02:01
Woohoo!I can't wait!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
No I can't wait as well lol

best s4
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 07:21
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 06:11
FKurka, I'm doing some maintenance on my main comp tonight, so I'll get your copy sent out tomorrow. All my serials and what not is on that comp, and the network is down temporarily wile maintenance is conducted. I have received your payment, and will be sending it out tomorrow at the first available moment. S4's site dose say 24-48 hours but I try my best to take care of these orders as soon as they are processed.

Though it will never get longer then the posted time allotment, I apologize for not getting this off as soon as it was received.

Sorry for any inconvenience or delay
Locrian

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2007 21:49
Without saying the names, all those with recent purchases: Make sure that you get your download quickly if you need for releasing a demo or what not. 1.4.2 is said to nearing it's release and the links will become inactive in the very near future(kind of a pain dealing with the "cusp" purchases that land around an update).

Loc

Note: Orders received as recently as yesterday have been sent out and all should be back to normal as far as the shipping of products and keys. Good luck on your game releases and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 04:42
I hate to be a bother but nobody sent me a link.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I hate to be a bother but nobody sent me a link."

me, neither

ae_ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
what does this do?

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 21:31
Vishnu 1.3- Protection for your FPS Creator game made easy. The next generation in FPSC media protection is released.

http://s4projects.out-lawz.com/index.php

ae_ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
WHAT DOES IT DO?!

-someone deleted my last post

ae_ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
disregard my last post it was stupid :\

btw i still don't get it ...

"Vishnu 1.3- Protection for your FPS Creator game made easy"

how does it protect it? and what does it protect it from :\

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 04:07
Read every post in this thread before you ask any questions about it.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2007 23:53 Edited at: 1st Jul 2007 23:54
@Fred, you should have the newest version s4 is testing(loading bar color changing etc).

@Dave, you we're sent the update information which said the link was the same as the one in the 1.4.0 letter. If you've lost that I can resend the link. If your talking about the version that allows the changing of the loading bar, thats for beta testers only. Your a paying customer and not a beta tester.

@ae_ninja
Go look at s4's site. Read the release flier displayed in the first post of this thread. There are many things it dose, we don't talk about for security reasons. Anything we deem not sensitive enough for this exclusion, is listed.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@Dave, you we're sent the update information which said the link was the same as the one in the 1.4.0 letter. If you've lost that I can resend the link."

No I have that. I thought you updated it after I helped S4real troubleshoot security holes.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Too much money for me, lol. If people want my models that bad, who cares! I have winRAR so I can easyly encript files lol.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was spam
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 16:29
Quote: "If people want my models that bad, who cares!"

So you are only going to use your own media and nobody else's...including stock media.It is your responsibility as a developer to protect media that is not yours from being stolen as best you can.
This is not that expensive...you are just cheap.The people on these forums are spoiled.To get comparable media,apps,etc. elsewhere would cost a lot more money.
I think that you had better think over your position on this matter.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Some of us have more than a low poly fag to protect
Maybe you should only comment if the subject actually has any relevance to you.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If people want my models that bad, who cares!""

Hmmm I agree with Fred on that and Rolfy.

Vishnu v1.4.2 should be out later tonight.

Best s4
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 01:37
That's still irritating the stuffing out of me.If someone came into his house and stole his stuff he would care.Some of us put a lot of hard work into our media and even if I didn't care about my stuff getting stolen (I do) it is my responsibility to protect others' media that I use.It just burns me up when someone has an apathetic attitude about this.
End rant...

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 05:01 Edited at: 6th Jul 2007 05:03
1.4.2 has been released and you should all have an email with the details enclosed. Below is a copy of the bulk email minus the link information.

Quote: "This letter is to inform you of the 1.4.2 update to the Vishnu product.

This small update includes an updated gui, along with an exit button

placed on the settings screen of the player that is generated for the

game, along with a few bug fixes.

It is highly advised that you remove(delete) the Vishnu folder located at

C://Program Files/Vishnu and install this update using the key you

received along with your receipt for the Vishnu application.

If you have lost your key please contact us for retrieval of your serial

as this is a bulk email sent to all of the Vishnu purchasers.

Please contact me at address noted as the sender of this update if you

have any problems or comments regarding Vishnu's 1.4.2 update or any

prior version.

S4 Projects
http://www.s4projects.out-lawz.com"

If you did not receive this email please send a letter using your registered email to the same account that sent your serial/key/Paypal information. Thank Xplosys for the quit button.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah thanks to xpolsys for the idea for an exit button.

If yu have anything you like to see in vishnu please leave your ideas on this post.

best s4
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 19:53
A couple of you guys send back mails re-requesting your key information or the links didn't make it. Those have been answered today and sent out. IF you that sent out letters requesting information don't receive it, I can also be contacted directly though AIM, located at the bottom of this post.

We will make every attempt to get you your update so please be patient.

Loc

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 20:34
A note on the updates:

Quote: "Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc3-s34.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;BAY140-W20
Arrival-Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 18:29:05 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;XXXXXXXX0@yahoo.co.uk(rolfys addy)
Action: failed

Final-Recipient: rfc822;XXXXXXXXXXX@yahoo.co.uk(nicolas addy)
Action: failed

I seem to be getting a return from the 2 email addys. I have no idea why, as the update letter contains no actual files. I know the one person is Rolfy here on the forums, and the other I'm unaware of the forum name. Rolfy I'm sure gets his version from s4 and I'm not near as concerned as I am the ones whose partial email addy gives the name of "nicolas". There seems to be a conflict on the Yahoo accounts in the UK, and I urge you to contact me via another email address or even via AIM. Every attempt will be made to get you the update.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 22:08
You can send them to me along with the addresses and I can forward them.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 06:26
Fred as I imagined, Rolfy has the most current full release. I may let this go 2 more days and see if I'm contacted. Use you as a last resort. I appreciate the offer though and will take you up on it if I hear no word from the wayward purchaser.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2007 01:26
@Fred,
I've been really busy and sorry I never said this sooner but we got it all straightened out. Daughter left back to N.C this morning so the last month was tied up with fighting for every minute I had with her.

@Bunnies(don't want to say whole email name),
I received your order with the echeck, but your 24hr delivery time will not start until it clears(said up to 4 work days). I hope this is understood, as I've never gotten an echeck yet and this isn't noted on S4s site.

Any questions or comments feel free to contact either S4 or myself.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Update:
Vishnu is having another big change so I'm looking for some new beta tester's who own vista.

If you want to test you must please reply to this thread.

best s4
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 23:25
@bluesys,

Ive gotten a return notification email on the 2 emails I've sent you(which I don't understand as theres no zip in the emails anymore). If you've not received your Vishnu information please contact me via Aim if need be. Fred also has offered at times to act as a mediator, but be assured we will get you your copy.

Loc

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you tell me, (No I don't want to copy your idea.) what it was programed in?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 23:22
@crispex,
Nope, sorry.

@Bunnies,
You never did answer my email.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 05:51
Quote: "@crispex,
Nope, sorry."

lol.

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
No demo? How sad I have no clue how this works I have never seen it wat kind of poor way to display Such a product! It sounds good but I like visual demos. Mind showing me? Youtube ext.

hey
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2007 05:47
How does Vishnu work?
You buy it.
You get it sent to you.
You follow the simple instructions.
Your game is protected.
Nobody is going to give out a demo of a game protection system.No sense in it really.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Goodman84 : I do see your point with a demo version and I'm looking into it for Vishnu v2.0.

best s4
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 02:17
The problem I see with a demo version is, how do you show it off without compromising the program? I suppose an internal splash screen (compiled into the EXE) and some text at the bottom would be a good idea (the text in case someone manages to fiddle with the splash).

BTW, did you ever add a background stretch feature so it will cover the whole screen?

Vote today and play the games!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:26:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:26:08