Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Vishnu v1.4 Game Protection Released (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 03:05
No Airslide. Because stretching an image isn't advisable. If you make a 1024x768 image it displays fine. The images have no bearing at all on the game play or its FPS. So theres absolutely no reason not to make an image that will be crystal clear.

As for the Demo...S4's developing one now. It's got a real annoying pop up that freezes the game and says that it's made with a "Vishnu Demo". It closes it self after like 3 seconds and you have no control over it.

Also..this isn't a Phoenix thread slayer. I'm doing some videos as we speak entitled "Dispelling the Myths: Vishnu vs PGP". They will be very interesting...You'll like them I'm sure, and quit advertising PGP in my threads....

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
I watched your videos and I must say you sounded pretty frustrated and that did make things abit iffy at time but I think that it proved good evidence that Vishnu is a great program and deserves at least the same respect as PGPS. On another note the duck thing made me laugh even though it was rather harsh. Can I just ask you mention changing loading bar colour in the videos and that it was an idea that was put into Vishnu shortly before PGPS but I didnt see in your video how that was controled couldnt you prehaps tell me where that option lies or point me the part of your video that shows it?

Thanks
Adam
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 14:38 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2007 14:39
yes, very interesting videos. Im wanting to buy Vishnu more than Phoenix cause its fast to use and so on, but i cant afford it yet. Cant wait for 1.5 to be out, it will hopefully ROCK MY SOCKS OFF!. it wont be cool if you guys implemented some sort of serial registration then it will be way in front. Maybe just something simple like a list of keys you can add or something...

"What was that? Is that a duck?" LOL

[href]www.myspace.com/pictureperfecttheband[/href]
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 15:47 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2007 15:53
i watched the debunking the myths video and i just loved your voice Locrian, you sound so much like jhon dimaggio (even the laugh) so i just had to do this

if anyone's offended by this i'll remove it and i'm not trying to offend anyone with this
(it's the Peacemaker_-_Debunking the myths)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=396117

oh praise the lord, praise furry jesus
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 16:00 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2007 16:03
Loc - when beta testing Vishnu, the thing I noticed was that a 1024x768 image didn't work fine because it didn't fit my screen. I run my desktop at a high resolution, not the standard 1024x768, which may have something to do with it. I just want my end-users to not think I was being lazy if they run a higher resolution. It might just be my lack of testing though, I did have trouble getting it to work on my desktop - S4 will be sending me a beta shortly to try on my laptop and we'll see if it's just me

EDIT: BTW, that ancient 'protection' program for FPSC you mentioned in your videos is FPSPack

Vote today and play the games!
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ lucifer: lol Like the music man nice one.

@Airslide : Yeah Im working on the res issue so it should be ok at any res.

The latest version off vishnu is having some major work.

Best s4
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i watched the debunking the myths video and i just loved your voice Locrian, you sound so much like jhon dimaggio (even the laugh) so i just had to do this

if anyone's offended by this i'll remove it and i'm not trying to offend anyone with this
(it's the Peacemaker_-_Debunking the myths)
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=396117"

LOL!

Not a Vista user, but a Vista Theme user!
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
If there are any ideas relating to Vishnu would you rather they be emailed or posted on here?

Thanks
Adam
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 03:21
nice song there Lucifer

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
lol thanks and i thought people would get offended... silly me

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 21:38
Just found out about your song there Lucifer, Ive been busy....lol..."is that,is that,is that a duck"...lol

Cute man.

Peace
Loc

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 21:41
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 01:51
No Candle? Why did you send me a letter or something I haven't replied to? You need a model or something? Just been busy bro...

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 01:56
yep , a few.. no models just a few questions..
to the email listed below your name.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 01:58 Edited at: 5th Aug 2007 02:00
locrian, you're not jhon dimaggio? right?... or... are you? i know it's a silly question but you sound so extremely much like him..

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 20:51
@ Candle,
Fire them back at me man. The emails I list publicly always end up getting lots of spam(gogo spiders), so some times I don't check them as well as I should I guess before I purge them. I could have swore you had my Hotmail addy. If not send away again and I'll keep a close eye out for them.

@ Lucifer,
No I'm not. I had to look up the name to see whom you meant. Did you mean "John Dimaggio", the voice actor from Futurama(Bender)?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 21:59
Well either him or Penn from Penn and Teller like someone else said

If the game industry doesn't work out for you Loc you've got a guaranteed future in entertainment or providing voice overs.

You have a very dry sense of humour but that works pretty well for a developer. Reading your posts is a bit of an anti-climax now compared with the live action videos.

I haven't tried my copy of Vishnu 1.4 yet but I'm sure it's good. Have you implemented anything on the compression side of things to keep final exe size down. FPSPack gets it down to like 50% of the original FPSC output size which always impressed me.

Sorry for being too lazy to read back through the updates or packaging a game to try before asking this.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 22:22 Edited at: 5th Aug 2007 22:34
Quote: "the voice actor from Futurama(Bender)?"

yeah him. incredible though how much you sound like him, even the laugh..

and i just noticed, when i raise the pitch of your voice (like i did in the song) you sound like steve-o you are every person in the world... well.. at least those two..

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 04:46 Edited at: 6th Aug 2007 07:00
@Storm,
First off just read your post. I thought I was having fun in the vids...Its so easy to prove PGP is slow, I took time to screw around. Believe me I wasn't frustrated. I was concise and demanding of falsehoods being said...Prove me wrong or shut up was the message of my videos. Your free to try if you didn't like my tone. And the Bar deal is in a beta that was mentioned(as pointed out, we had it first so PGP had to push one out which his screen shot wasn't even the final). I used a release version to test, but that wouldn't have helped the time much. It would have taken less then a second for the color choice the way its set up in Vishnu. We're still faster in every respect: Compilation,Decryption, and in game FPS. And I'll test with a 1.5 if you have a problem.

Ps Emailed, on that one comment. really didn't have time to read everything, but since your old school I'd stopped on your post.

@Nomad,
Vishnu has kept the file size down(below half in tested cases) since it was us that first used a non zip compression. I'd love to show you guys versions of 2.0. Honestly you'll need a towel. We've decided to skip 1.5 since a free version of a encryption application has been given out, and devote our time to nothing seen ever in the encryption market(As per usual with the Vishnu product line).

This also allows us the end life of said product 1.0. This allows us to no longer send copies to people that may use the application to further their own projects(and we know whom you are), or sending them to torrents(do you think I can't find out and track an IP) ala 3dMax and Photoshop where updates cost. The rest of you guys, once you recieve 2.0, we will be bound to update that version.

And are you in for a ride. Not only is there a whole new full screen Gui much like the Zbrush application, but features that are innovative and cutting edge....That which you'd expect from S4. Vishnu as the god of protection is changing it's face, and you believers get to see it's true form. You bought a fast, and secure application. You'll not be sorry you ever did. We will continue to be the very best when it comes to your "end user".

On a personal note: I must admit Ive liked hearing a lot of people have loved reading my threads and post over the years. I've tried to supply enough humor to those that would actually get it, in my comments, to keep them guessing what may be said next. I realize at times, I dance on the edge of the AUP with the grace of Fred Astaire, and the only time I've stumbled is in the wake of the powers that be, actually having to change the AUP rules to suit their position. The rest I could care less about.

@Lucifer
Well not sure what to say other then I actually like the YouTube format for discussing things a lot better then here. I can barely tolerate my own children, much less someone else. And like I said over there to Domray: "Some things call for a word thats just not AUP friendly".

So in saying that......I may make more videos. Love the tune though. Funny and quite flattering to have someone do that.

Best
Loc

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 11:54
oi Locrian, can u do a bender voice?

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
I see Loc, I have no doubt's that Vishnu was shown to be faster than PGP I only asked about the bar colour feature as part of my interest in the product,
Quote: "Ps Emailed, on that one comment"
I don't have any email that I can see if you mean you emailed me. I have emailed you in relation to other things as I am still on post approval, also I sent you an email orginally to the address on the forum if you havent read.

Ps I used the email publicly avalible on this forum

Thanks
Adam
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 09:21
Quote: "oi Locrian, can u do a bender voice?"

The guy who does the voice of Bender also does the voice of Marcus Fenix from Gears of War. Not sure if someone already mentioned that...

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't think they did, wow never knew that, but lets try not to stray too far from topic, how goes the development of Vishnu you mentioned a large upgrade this time round hows it all going

Thanks
Adam
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 22:16
Well....We'd show it storm but it would end up Dave's newest update, so we'll hold back from even the beta testers to make sure nothing leaks. It looks tight though. Really wish I could show it off, but know were working on it every day. I've got a gui(the 3rd of this series for the 2.0) update and some new buttons to turn over to S4 as we speak.

Some of the newest features are going to blow you guys away. Those that actually paid for Vishnu won't regret your purchase, even in light of a similar free product around. With free you get what you paid for. And I want to thank those that purchased Vishnu after the release of the free application. Those are the sweetest $10.95 at a whack, earned to date.

Best
Loc

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh my GOD. I've been keeping quiet about your big mouth to keep it professional, but you're making it personal. I'm not going to sit here and let you try to make me look bad when you're the jerk being a fool.

Dude, get over it. You don't have anything to show of Vishnu on here but a few old 1.4 screens on your website.

I've been posting planned features, screenshots, videos and demos of Phoenix since day 1.

If I'm stealing any of your ideas, I'd have to be looking over s4real's shoulder since you're not even the programmer.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2007 23:03
Alright guys; you've both had a go at each other, now let's keep it to the e-mails.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 22:22
lol.....The proof Dave, is in the dates of the post....I've proven my point. If I wanna hear from you, I'll ask S4 what he thinks and cut out the middle man....

Sorry Keith but I'm not letting someone, talk down to me last in my own thread. He's welcome to email me.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 22:27
OK, as long as we're done here.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
Why should I email you? I don't care about you or your product. I don't have a problem with your product, other people do.

When they make fun of you, take it out on them, not me.

That's it Keith, my one and only public reply. The last one was mysteriously deleted without reason given....about 4 other posts were mysteriously delete now that I think about it.

Hey Loc, ever in Georgia or Iraq look me up. I'd love to chat with ya, buddy.

Alt Schule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2007 22:58
Quote: "....about 4 other posts were mysteriously delete now that I think about it."

...mine was one of them. It's good to have moderators in your back pocket, I guess...
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 00:56
Alt Schule, that was uncalled for.

DarkFact
Years of Service
User Offline
There's a lot of things uncalled for going on in this thread. I want to state to the thread owner, s4real, that I think he's a stand-up guy and also to Candle_. No issues with you guys.

Your buddy with the big mouth needs to calm down though or Vishnu will suffer. It's a decent application, but his mouth is causing you to lose sales.

I've gotten more than 100 emails in the last two weeks from people you lost sales to Phoenix because of him. They all had one thing in common and that was a distaste for his business attitude.

Later.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:05
Quote: "...mine was one of them. It's good to have moderators in your back pocket, I guess... "

Not sure who that's aimed at, Alt Schule/Seth Black. I asked people to stop going back and forth on each other's board, and I even let both Dave and Locrian have a last word with each other.

One question for you, Seth. In your forums there was a thread going on about FPSC having problems; now I agree with most of your assertions with the program, but what exactly does this part mean:

Quote: "Another weak area, that TGC doesn't seem to care about is the anarchistic free-for-all, better know as the FPSC forum. It's dominated by a handful of rude, crude, and socially retarded individuals, who think that berating new members is a fun sport.

The moderators not only condone the mean-spirited conduct, but actually support and participate in the abuse.

I regret ever buying FPSC. It is the most under-developed piece of crap out there. On those rare occasions that FPSC does receive an update, invariably features often get removed or become inoperable."

Like I said before, I try to be as even handed as I can here...which isn't always easy.

Having said that, I'll have a look at SW.

-Keith

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 03:49
Quote: "I've gotten more than 100 emails in the last two weeks from people you lost sales to Phoenix because of him. They all had one thing in common and that was a distaste for his business attitude."

I'm one of them.

@ Alt Schule and Seth Black:

Keith is a fair moderator. I don't see what you guys are going on about.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 11:56 Edited at: 21st Aug 2007 11:57
Ouch don't come on for a few days and war has broken out all I will say is Darkfact and Underside you may be best just to ignore this thread because it just seems to cause conflict and we are hearing nothing really about Vishnu

PS:
Quote: "Visual Basic's license is to sell any product made with it, completely royalty free."
I doubt that is true on the free version but who knows this is an interesting fact but I will enquire about this in the correct thread.

Thanks
Adam
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 14:38
I finally go to sleep for one night and this happens (Dang, that line would have been good for Fred).

I haven't read quite everything but why don't we settle down a little? I would hate to see Loc's and S4's official vishnu thread locked because of the Phoenix vs. Vishnu debate (more like flamewar in some cases....).

@DarkFact - Damn, I disappointed in you! Threatening Loc? Or anyone for that matter? I've always looked at you as one of the respectable members (well...never even heard of you till you released DarkFaction 1 for free but...) and if it weren't for the fact I've worked with you so much that would have bumped it down alot.

Vote today and play the games!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 15:03
All 3 of you are on post moderation (for varying degrees). I thought we could all act nice dog-gone it.

Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 15:17 Edited at: 21st Aug 2007 15:18
Eww I hate post moderation I had that when I was a meany Glad I can postly freely again now I think I learnt my lesson. I think a New thread will most likely be created when Vishnu version 2 is finished

Thanks
Adam
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 15:36
If I see any other members getting involved with the discussion between Locrian and Dave (which should by now be taking place via e-mail), they will be on post moderation as well. I've had enough of this, and so has everyone else.

These are 2 fine products that happen to be in competition with one another; let's start treating this in a professional manner.

-Keith

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2007 15:42 Edited at: 21st Aug 2007 15:43
Ohh my wants gone on here ?

KeithC I wish this thread to be locked please ?

Best s4

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 01:23:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 01:23:09