Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Showcase / [STICKY] The Best of the Best....Discussions [BOTB].

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Id love to nominate it Kravenwolf,"

Um just wondering, what happened to my name?

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 09:26
Ooops

Forgot to add your name. I was typing as quickly as possible so that I could continue work.

Can you save the crew of LV21?

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151512&b=25
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 16:16 Edited at: 16th Jun 2009 17:15
Quote: "Id love to nominate it Kravenwolf, but I think that it would be best to give it BotB status after you have updated it so that it will be a more wholesome expeirience.

I hope you understand."

I more than understand, I've beat you to it Because the community was so kind to nominate it three times in less than a week , Hockeykid and I have started working on an updated version with less bugs and new features last night. We added an animated main menu, more weapons, a kill counter, and more. Hope you'll be willing to nominate it once you play the update!

Kravenwolf

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 14:12
Well, I guess I'll nominate it as well then...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 15:17
Congratulations to Wehtam for his (second) entry into the BOTB with: Automatic Update.

-Keith
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 17:51
Quote: "Congratulations to Wehtam for his (second) entry into the BOTB with: Automatic Update."

He needs a new icon! Something awesome!

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 19:50
I nominate Kravenwolf's and hockeykid's game as well.

Apocalyptic games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 21:03
I would also like to nominate Kravenwolf's and hockeykid's game!
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 00:07
I'd like to nominate Hockeykid and Kravenwolf's game 12 Hours also!!

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
I nominate it as well, but maybe he should wait a bit, kravenwolf said he and hockeykid were gonna fix the bugs and add more so it'll be even better then

Either way it's a great game and belongs here with the rest

All the best

Yeah... got hurt when i tripped... on some bullets
Exciting Sci-Fi thriller: Equinox. Coming Soon.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151865&b=25
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 17:50
I looked at the game, as well as the video; when they get everything all in line, they should send me an e-mail requesting BOTB (with a link to the game). It does look quite good so far.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "when they get everything all in line"

Does that mean when "the update" comes out?

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 20:02
Yes...when all is said and done.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 18:56
Congratulations to Chidem for his entry into the BOTB with: Pioneering.

-Keith
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Congratulations Chidem.

Damn BOTB is giving out fast these day... Tooo fast.

--- Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2009 21:19
Congrats to chidem!

Quote: " I`ll hope I`ll get BOTB for my next game =:0]"

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats Chidem...

My DA page: http://www.dolphin232.deviantart.com
Im a semi gay furry and i am a dumb***
ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
I just thought of an idea...

I was thinking of the meaning of BOTB, and there can only be one best. I know we can't change the name of the great list of games, but don't you think there should be a BOTBOTB? Like 1 slot for the best game at that moment. Like lets say this guy gets into the BOTBOTB. The next person to make a game better than that (or the next one to make it to the BOTB) will take the spot. Because, as I said, there can only be one #1. I was just thinking that 'cause BOTB is more like "see how good we can make games". Well when you look back, like it or not, it shows how much games improve. Not saying all new popular games are better, but that's usually how history goes. Not trying to be rude anything, just seeing if anyone gets my point. Like BOTB is a timeline, which is great but there's only one #1 (at a time ).
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 04:53
That would work until everyone starts getting the BOTBOTB awards, and then eventually we'll end up having a BOTBOTBOTBOTBOTB award

Kravenwolf

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 05:02 Edited at: 7th Aug 2009 05:03
I say we should just have a bunch of yearly awards, or half a year awards for games.

Say,

Best Action Game
Best Puzzle Game
Best Horror Game
Best Scifi Game
Best War Based Game
Best Looking Game
Best Story
Best Multiplayer Game
Best Overall Game

Then the Best Overall Game would go into the BotB
ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
That would probabley be best. because honestley, there can only be 1 botb. I know there's lots of good games, but theres really only one that's the best.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 17:15
I prefer it as it is. What it is, is a showcase for the best games on the forums. It's so people can see what it is that is expected for a good FPSC game.

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 17:42
I agree with Darimc on this one.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2009 19:21
Quote: "I prefer it as it is. What it is, is a showcase for the best games on the forums. It's so people can see what it is that is expected for a good FPSC game."

I know, but how does one determine that a game is good enough to go in the showcase? We should vote on it if we keep it like this.
ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
Well since the showcase and wip boards are being sorted out, I think it would be a good time to change BOTB. Because honestly, there are a lot of good games but are there really a hundred amazing games? Not meaning any offense to developers, especially since if it's in the showcase board now with the new requirements they must be working hard on those games, but I feel most games in the showcase board are gonna end up in BOTB if BOTB stays how it is. Because if you followed through on a game this far, it's probably a good game. See what I'm saying? Not to put down any developers, but I think people should get recognition for there ability to create a great game in whatever genre they're interested in.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 07:20
What happens a year from now when the overall quality of games on these boards changes again, and then everyone starts saying this new "Best of the best of the best" award is being handed out too quickly as well? This trend will never end because as users' game design skills improve, so will the visual enhancements and programming commands in FPS Creator; as so the newer games will obviously be seen as more "best" than the ones before it.

I think the BOTB award is fine as it is now. It distinguishes the games that developers have worked on for weeks, months, or even years to present, from the games that are thrown together over night. The BOTB games show what a person dedicated to their vision can acheive with FPS Creator when he thinks outside of the box, and uses his talent and skill to acheive something that really is the best of the best.

/: End Rant

Kravenwolf

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2009 12:25
I agree with Kravenwolf, but Robert F's idea of giving out genre specific prizes seems like a cool idea too...

It'd be a brutal fight to grab the sci-fi one of Wetham though...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 18:32 Edited at: 11th Aug 2009 05:56
The BOTB process will stay as it is. Remember that 1 person (myself) has put this whole thing together and administers the process. This takes away a good bit of my time as well, as such, I won't be adding or detracting from the way it is currently. Thanks for your input though.

-Keith
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 20:33
And I think you're doing a wonderful job, Keith.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 21:43
Quote: "And I think you're doing a wonderful job, Keith."

Agreed

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 05:57
Thanks guys.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 07:48 Edited at: 11th Aug 2009 07:49
Quote: "but I feel most games in the showcase board are gonna end up in BOTB if BOTB stays how it is"

Not neccesarily, games are in the showcase because they meet certain guidelines for placing them there, not because they are BOTB quality.
To be good enough to be BOTB they have to meet a different criteria, as such there is no need for a #1 as you put it, it simply means such games are exemplary and so there can be many BOTB.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2009 23:07
Quote: "Not neccesarily, games are in the showcase because they meet certain guidelines for placing them there, not because they are BOTB quality.
To be good enough to be BOTB they have to meet a different criteria, as such there is no need for a #1 as you put it, it simply means such games are exemplary and so there can be many BOTB."

Right! You see, my Game "Shavra" is graphically the best game in the Showcase Section t`ill now. But it is not BOTB. Why? Because it requires more than only graphics to get this title. (Even though I do not get why this Pioneering is BOTB...its not bad at all and I respect KeithC`s judgement. But I do not get it). BOTB is alright as it is.

God Helps the Beast in Me!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 07:25
Pioneering brings a new aspect to FPSC, utilizing different systems allowing you to choose your own path to victory (buying property, getting married, accepting missions, etc.). It is also chock full of History as well. As Wolf pointed out; it's not always about how "pretty" your game looks...although that is a major factor.

-Keith
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 20:02
I agree with pioneering! It was very enjoyable! And I don't think that BOTBs are handeld away too fast. Not at all. I like how this is right now. Keith, thank you.

PS: -.- ,,|,
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 16:09
The following BOTB Games need updated links:

- SpiderZ

- Umbra

- Fall of the Fireflies

- Demon Sun

- Darkest Island

I'd like to remind the BOTB recipients that the link to your game must be maintained, in accordance with the BOTB submission rules. I will attempt to make contact with each developer. If no action is taken on your game, then I have no choice but to remove it from the list...along with your badge.

-Keith
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 01:04
Why doesnt someone on here just host the links?

This seems to happen to much.

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 02:46
I'll host them all if the artists will let me. I'm supposed to get new links from Butters tonight.

Brian.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 04:51
Quote: "I'll host them all if the artists will let me. I'm supposed to get new links from Butters tonight."

That would be great.

Hi, it’s Robert with Stealthmod! You’ll be saying Stealth every time you use this mod! It’s like CoD! It’s like L4D! It’s like BioShock. A regular mod doesn’t work good – this works good and great.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 06:12
That would be great, Brian. Shoot me the links (with the game names) in an email, if you would.

-Keith
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 01:54
Sorry Keith,

He's not responding to emails right now. I'll keep trying.

Brian.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 05:32
That's alright; anything you can get, let me know.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 12:08
@KeithC: Contacted you via email mate

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Dead Man's Cradle: Lead Developer
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 21:57
FOTF's download has been updated!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 22:04
Quote: "@KeithC: Contacted you via email mate"

Haven't received anything from you yet?
Shaun Of The Dead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 13:26
Keith, What happens if there is 2 people making a game (E.G. Me and asteric) and it gets BOTB, do both of us get it, or does only one?

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 13:59
@KeithC: I contacted you stating that I no longer have my BOTB entry on my HDD due to I had to reformat the disk a while ago due to a windows issue (which is out of my control), and therefore I cant upload it. If anyone has the entry on their HDD, then they can upload or host it
If however my entry is removed because of this, it would seem a tad unfair that I would be stripped of my title that I earned because of a situation that was out of my control.

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Dead Man's Cradle: Lead Developer
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2009 17:42
@ Shaun: That's come up before, but never been tested. I would have to see to what extent each developer contributed.

@ CoZ: I agree and have thought about creating one more BOTB sticky that would contain the entries that no longer have a valid download link....barring that, it would get removed, however the badge would remain yours.

-Keith
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I agree and have thought about creating one more BOTB sticky that would contain the entries that no longer have a valid download link....barring that, it would get removed, however the badge would remain yours."
That seems a little more fair

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2009 00:17 Edited at: 8th Sep 2009 02:11
I'm going to submit my game in for a BOTB judging.
I haven't posted any progress on it and odds are that
I will not. It will be up for download if it makes BOTB.

I just submitted it and in the story, I made a typo.
Its excessively violent. Not just excessively.

Thanks Keith

-Indestructible-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:12:39
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:12:39