Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] My first game!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
doesn't mean you stop. If you make even more screenshots more people reply.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't stop, I just like alittle encouragement from time to time and what I need to improve. Thanks for the comment.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a custom weapon for my game, but I needed help with putting in the game. So, I put it on here for help and had it locked within the first 24 hrs. And then the whole post was deleted. It sucks to do all that work on something and want to show it off, then someone gets on here and locks it down claiming to be a copyright issue. Problem is it was inspired from a movie so I changed the textures to fit me and removed things that were originally on the weapon thus making a totally new weapon. So from now on I will just give you my filefront link of what I think I can show and the rest just look through my files for new surprises from time to time.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have come up with a story line now. It all begins with the first base on Mars know as the Mars One Project. It was funded by NASA and a private space agency called Pheonix Stellar Enterprise, or PSE for short.
After months of design and legal babel between NASA, PSE, and other space agencies, the launch of the Mars One Project crew and equipment to Mars. Soon the first base was up and running, only taking six months to establish a fully functioning base. Then without any approval from the other space agencies, PSE began sending tourist to Mars. NASA accused PSE of being irresponsible for sending tourist to Mars without first seeing the affects of Mars on the human body. With this in mind NASA refused to be part of the Mars One Project and pulled there funding.
Eighteen months later when the first Mars One crew was suppose to contact NASA for their departure time from the Mars One base, something went wrong. So, NASA and PSE informed the other space agencies of a possible sabotage. NASA and PSE where told to find out what happened and retrieve any survivors.
With that in mind NASA and PSE decided they needed an expendable soldier, so after a long night of going over the list of available prisoners, they settled on an AWOL named Tani.
You are Tani. Your mission is to go to Mars, find out what happened there, send intel to NASA and bring back any survivors. But first you have to get there.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have made a custom weapon but it is backwards in the game.
[img][/img]

can you tell what I did wrong

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 02:04
I think it's the way you have it in the modeling program. Rotate it 180 degrres.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a new building model for my game. sorry no textures yet. This took me a couple of hours tonight to do. This is for the very first lvl in my game where you learn what you will be doing in the game. I guess you can call it a tutorial lvl of my game. Tell me what you think.

[img][/img]

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 11:57
it great that your trying to make custom stuff In fact you've gained a lot of skill very quickly best of luck to you on your game

the world is complicated only people are simple
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks small fish!! I really want to make this a good game, since I am just a beginner.

Just a question for all those out there who can anwser this, How can I make the player act as he's is getting up from the ground from being knock out? Is there a script out there for this? If not how can I write a script for this?

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2007 13:07
That's a hard one. I suggest you make that a cut scene. Start the level, get on the bed, crouch, look up and then start your screen recorder and get up.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought I would show the beginning of another lvl of the game.

[img][/img]

This is one of two earth based lvls. The first being a prison and then this ksc.I still need to build the launch pad, cars, holos, the PSE building, and roads along with the rest outdoor stuff.

Currently these are the lvls of the game:

earth lvl 1,2 : prison, ksc mission breifing and departure
moon lvl 3 : refuel new ship
mars lvl 4-9 : mission
earth lvl 10 : final battle

So far I only have what you see in the demo, the story came to life after I built the demo. I have some of the voice acting done and one cutscene thanks to darmic. I have alot and I do mean alot of scripting to do. And I want to thank nickydude and others for the scripting stuff.I will post as I get more (kinda getting addicted to this). Thinking of making a pack of all that I have made as far as space stuff goes. I have astronauts,lunar rovers, and a few other stuff but that's for another forum I would think.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I started the work on the jail today and this is what I have so far.
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

So what do you all think? I did the voices for the prisoners and guard. Now just need to somehow make the guard, prisoners and general all interact. I'm just using voices no huds is this possible with the speakandmove.fpi ?? Also is it possible to spawn the general at a later time say like five mins after the lvl starts?? And is there a puddle segment? ( yes I searched already and saw one but no download) Well, enjoy

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2007 09:39
Awesome custom modelling! Nice looking levels, the whole nine yards!

Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the moon around Mars looks just like the one around Earth? Lol

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2007 13:06
Jail looks pretty spiffy.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys jail segs by higgins. Plystire, I haven't got around to editing the sky box yet. good eye

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, so I started doing the scripting for just the guard. I want him to walk around the waypoints ocassionaly yelling at the prisoners. here's what I have

He won't speak he just walks around. I made an orignal script, it was no good, so I decided to modify the follow script. Any ideas? I want him to walk to one point, stop, speak and then move and repeat using a new sound the next time around. I have the fpi maker and I will continue until I firgure it out or I get some help. Thanks

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I made some custom office stuff, like a monitor and frontdesk, for my second lvl. The monitors still need some work. What do you all think?
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2007 02:18
Looking good Starmind, keep it up.

P.S. Are you sure this is your first game, it doesn't really look like it.

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers!!!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, this is my first game. I can model and make great lvls. I just suck at textures, scripting, and animating. I have been using some textbooks (I used to work at a textbook exchange) to slowly learn how to do this. I have no schooling for this. If someone was interested in helping I'm all ears. In the mean time here's another contribution for fpsc a tree using gimp and milkshape.

[img][/img]
Here's the download:
http://files.filefront.com/tree1rar/;9023609;/fileinfo.html
Enjoy!

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2007 06:37 Edited at: 13th Nov 2007 06:37
Here's lvl 2. I started this lvl couple hours ago after getting tired of trying to script the guard in my jail lvl. Almost everything in this lvl is custom. The cars, trees, logo ( which by the way is my own logo my brother and I made when we were going to attemt to win the X prize), vab, and PSE segments. Oh, Yes I studied aerospace engineering, but when my father died I quit and had kids, etc. Anyways, Enjoy

[img][/img]

Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2007 23:33
RIP your dad.

Coming soon is a gory game called Killing Spree Unlimited
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "RIP your dad."

Hmm... Anyways nice looking game.

[href=http://www.freewebs.com/deatheadstudios/]
[/href]
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been working alot lately haven't been able to work on my game. Here's what I've been working on the last couple of hours. It's based on the space elevator idea by Brian Turner. hope you like. I'm putting it in the second level going to the moon instead of having a spaceship. I thought it would be an easier cutscene to make.
[img][/img]

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lvl 1 Complete!!! Here's the a final pic. What do you all think?
[img][/img]
I will make a little demo movie when I get lvl 2 done, but for now enjoy!

Endless Fps Team
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2007 04:24 Edited at: 26th Nov 2007 04:29
starmind001 what do u use to make custom segments and entitys??

and this is coming along great love custom stuff and all the other lvls this game is going to be good...

http://endlessfpsteam.tripod.com/
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "what do u use to make custom segments and entitys??"

just gimp and milkshape. And thanks I'm trying to make a good game. I'm putting some time into it. I have a nice story line. They always say write what you know and that's what I'm doing. Not as great as rolfy and a few others on here, but working on it.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I need some help with a script. Everything works except for the npc turning around and walking away. Is there someone here that can help me? Here the script.

Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2007 04:30
Looking great starmind.

I'm not good at scripting, but somebody else'll be able to help ya I'm sure.

KEEP IT UP!!!

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers & DOOMED STUDIOS
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well been away for awhile. Here's some screenie on the first lvl again. I thought the lvl neede more.
prison visitor room
[img][/img]

hospital in progress
[img][/img]

maint. corridor
[img][/img]
[img]null[/img]
[img][/img]
here's the ladder by xplosys being put to use
[img][/img]

Here's some tools I am working on, but I need someone to animate them as melee weapons. Anyone interested?
[img][/img]
If you Can and want to animate these tools for me we can give them to xplosys for a freebee on his site.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 02:26
I can probably animate but I can't get them into fpsc.

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 04:49 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 04:52
Here's a short video of my game. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C600692BB06C14E2

Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 04:53
Quote: ""<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Md27-x37qVk"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Md27-x37qVk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>""

Uuuhh, what. Could you post a link, I mean, what exactly is it you posted??!!??!!??

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry about that troy. I was trying to show the the actual video on here like on my myspace page.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
darmic thanks I have them in milkshape if you want to try here's the link
http://files.filefront.com/toolsrar/;9186317;/fileinfo.html

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
@Starmind 001 -
Your doing a good job there, and in fast time.
Also your models are also loooking great from the screens you have shown!
I checked out you Youtube clip also, and looks like you are making some large levels running at good speeds.
Shall check by and see how your going with this.
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2007 02:08
Nice vid, I liked it.

This game is looking very good, keep it up.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a couple days off so I redid two of my lvls. Those of you that played my demo I changed the first lvl or the crash on mars here's the pics of what I have so far.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
I also thought that lvl 2 needed more so I made it this is the completed lvl. Completed meaning I have everything where I want them.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
I am still working on the first lvl. Mainly in the prison hospital wing. I've been working on new futuristic med beds, monitors, iv bags, and a few others things for hospital. Also is there any one that can make cutscenes for me. I can pay you for them or make a model for you, just don't get to pricy. I tried making it with milkshape, but all I get is 30 sec of bluescreen and my model sitting there. So if maybe some one could help me with the avi in milkshape like getting the camera to move around and the model moving I greatly appreciate it. Thanks and Enjoy!

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Good on you starmind 001. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Working on a new title, planning in progress.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's the some of the medical stuff I have for now. I enlarged the monitor display for you all to see.
[img][/img]
Enjoy!

Want Free Engene
Years of Service
User Offline
hey! its great for ur first game!

I want free Game engene & Give my Games for free.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, this is the last post for today and possibly the rest of the week. Got to go to work. Here's a hud I finished this morning. I took inspiration from star wars repuplic commander. I also made the breathing sounds with my old gas mask from the military. This pic is when I was trying to get the size right for a full screen hud. I had to export to bmp then I had to use gimp again to get the transparency.
[img][/img]
And here's the freighter that will be taking people to mars.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
And that's it. Enjoy!

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hey! its great for ur first game!"

Great for a first? I think its FANTASTIC! I love the demo even though it crashed at level 4. Its very very well made. Good job keep at it!

hey
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I love the demo even though it crashed at level 4."

The demo was only 4 lvls to begin with. I thought I would show you all what I did to the first lvl of my demo. I decided that it needed to be better than what you all played, so here's three pics of the mars.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
This is a custom martian skybox with fog. I will put some dust devils in as long as it doesnt lag. R ight now I am bouncing from 20-30 fps. I have three more custom entities left to build and put in. But enjoy for now.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 21:15
Wow, I love the new screens, you just need a better texture for your terrains and that level is ready to go.

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 16:31 Edited at: 15th Dec 2007 16:32
Quote: "Wow, I love the new screens, you just need a better texture for your terrains and that level is ready to go"

Well I could always use someone willing to make a better texture, but I think when I was playing the game test it looked good for me. The only problem I am having is i just put v1.7 on fpsc and now it is running very slow. I made all these lvls using v1.3 and it worked fine or i just need to make it smaller.

Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 00:22
VERY NICE for your first game, but I think, that this spoiler:

WARNING:

should be deleted, and it's FPSC, not FPCS ;-P

Make games, not war.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice, good eye I wondered if anyone would noticed I put that in there. Yes I had more than one typo in that video. I guess I need to slow down and watch what I'm typing. Thanks

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought I would show my enemy in progress and then you won't see it again until the game is completed.
[img][/img]
I need to animate it and texture it, but that's all I'm going to say on this. I also added a new video to you tube for one of my cutscenes. Check it out and tell me what you think! I used orbiter sim to make my cutscene. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3EzFSRLop8
Enjoy!!

George 7004
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 10:22
Wow. This is amazing.

Great job so far.

http://www.mmorpg-net.org

Your Source for Awesome MMORPG/MMOFPS Games
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
well it's been awhile since I have posted anything on here for my game, so here's some pics of the final mars crash lvl, and an object for the lab. Currently I have lvl 1,2,and 4 complete except for a few bugs. I haven't been working on it to much lately work is kinda getting in the way. lol. Hope you all enjoy!
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 05:26:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 05:26:00