Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] My first game!

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It's been awhile since I've been on here. So here's what I doing right now.
[img][/img]
This is what I'm going for inside the vab building, but I'm having frame rate problems for having such a big open space. Anyone have a suggestion for this besides make it smaller. I also completed the opening video for the game, you can watch it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D5eJqfKD5A
Hope you all enjoy!!

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 10:29
There's not much you CAN do about the lag from open spaces.

Regarding your video, you may want to put a little more motion into your logo if you're going to keep it up there for so long, lol. I was getting a little bored staring at it staring at me.

This is looking great so far, I'm very eager to see the final outcome.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
Dude, I'd rather be declared a dbpro noob than an fpsc legend any day!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2008 10:56
Just finished playing your demo.

I loved the game! It was a little confusing at parts as to where to go next, though. (The vent shaft for example) I also ran out of ammo pretty quickly due to a glitch in FPSC that occurs where if you shoot someone far away, it'll show the decal of blood but won't do any damage, so I was sniping some guy and THOUGHT I was doing damage but he never died, lol.

Also, I kept picking up ammo clips for a weapon that I didn't have. I couldn't pick up the weapons dropped by the enemies, either, so I'm assuming that that's what the ammo must have been for.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to play the newest version.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2008 06:12 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 07:08
Well ~PlystirE~, I'm glad you liked it and sorry about the ammo I overdid the new demo with ammo. That's right I said new demo. I just finished this tonight, so I hope that this one peak everyone's intrest more than the first. The demo is the first three levels of the game and yes it has some glitches. I have played it three times already and I do have to say I love and wish it was complete so I can see what's next. As soon as I am done trying to animate this little enemy of mine I will let you all have a go at it, but for now this official demo will have to do. http://files.filefront.com/marsonerar/;9573581;/fileinfo.html
I do need the comments on this. You can leave comments here or on my site in the beta tester forum. Again I hope you all enjoy!

Perdition
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 06:57
wow i like it! keep up the good work

[center]
<< Please review my posts aswell >>
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2008 16:53 Edited at: 5th Feb 2008 07:08
I have removed the old download to put in the new download for the demo. As for the lag problems I noticed that when I did the build game it was fast enough to add what I wanted to the level. I hope you all enjoy. Right now I am trying to animate three characters, a maggot for the dead bodies, my sercret enemy that may or maynot appear in this game, and the final boss. Also have to finish the ships cargo hold and service ways. I have four more levels to complete the moon, the moon to mars, the labs, and the reactor which is the final level.

Here's the new demo:
http://files.filefront.com/marsonerar/;9573581;/fileinfo.html

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 12:25
Well, I have this to say for your newest demo:

1) I liked the layout you had for your levels. I wasn't quite following the storyline, since I started in a jail and when I escaped, none of the officers did anything about it.
2) The voiceacting was pretty good, although the volume of the voices ween't NEARLY as loud as everything else in the game, so you may want to consider turning up the volume on those (In their files, not in the game)
3) The outdoor level disappointed me since it was over in less than a minute. Perhaps you can put in some sort of security check before the player is allowed into the hangar. That'd give them some time to enjoy the sights while they're there.
4) I got lost on the last level since I climbed up the ship onto the upper floor and had no idea what was going on, lol. I finally figured it out after a while, though. And that explosion could be done much better, IMHO. I think if you were to turn up the explosion's sound file volume, you could REALLY startle the player.
5) I enjoyed playing around in the firing range... was very disappointed in the sniper rifle's ammo, though. What kinda shooting range only gives you a single round?
6) The sentry "bots" were fun to play with. I didn't know that this was the final level but when it came down to "who has the balls to do what", I just couldn't pass it up.

All in all, it's looking great. I suggest you get all your desired levels done and the storyline in concrete before going back and ironing out all the little things.

You're doing great, and you got some real potential here, don't let it die on us!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce:
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well thanks! I have been going back and forth on the those levels when I think of something to add to the levels. Thanks again for the comments and I agree the levels need more. I have been making models, and some segments for the rest of the game, so I haven't done much more on the game since I put out the demo. Been testing ideas and stuff to make the game more interative. As far as the story line goes, I have been recording stuff to get you more info as to why you are who you are. The voice acting just my wife and I with a mic. I will put a soundscale in the script to better the sound. I have already redone the jail lvl with voices and not the writing on the wall stuff. The VAB lvl is a training lvl to teach you how to more around and I have more to put in. Sorry about the sniper ammo it was to signify " one shot, one kill " lol. The second lvl I want to add a few birds and a feww things to make you walk around and basically enjoy a sunny day ( wish I knew how to make the lens flare when you look at the sun). I hope to hear more comments like this, so I can make a great game like the eldora demo I played a yesterday. And must say rolfy that was awesome!!!! Didn't find the clock yet but I just spent a few minutes on it. Have great day!

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I have been doing alot of models for the game and I the it been awhile since I posted some pics. Those of you that have played my demo will see I have made some changes. Here's one for you plystire.

[href][/href]

I took out darkfact's satellite and made my own with animation. You can also see the birds I made that fly around the level.

[img][/img]

Here's the underside of the broken dish.

[img][/img]

I felt that a spaceport needed a tower.

[img][/img]

The fuel tanks up close.

[img][/img]

I really enjoy this part of my game. The target range!

[img][/img]

And the targets up close. I downloaded a target and I didn't like it I wanted something more like a holo, so I pulled out my old range targets from the military and wah lah.

[img][/img]

Well I hope this makes you want to try my new demo more sorry that you won't see all of this in the demo, but you will see it in the final game. Enjoy.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 06:19
I'll do a review of your demo just like I did the review of shawnrw's demo for his horror game. It will be long, but I'll try to be as in depth as I can.

One thing I can spot off the bat, is that the outdoor seems a little too empty. Maybe add some sort of plant in there, whether it be rolfy's trees or some other sort of plant, the outdoor parts need it.

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I have gotten several emails saying there is a problem with my demo. Some say it starts, screen goes black and then shuts down. Does anyone else have this problem? I just went to my friends house and downloaded it and it worked fine, but our computers were built to play world of warcraft at it's best. I am just curious if someone can download it and tell me why some can play it and others cannot. My brother has the same computer as I do and he can't play my game on his and I built both at the same time with all the same stuff. Is it because I have fpsc and those who don't are sol?? I would apreciate if someone could look into this for me, because this issue has come up more than once.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2008 10:32
Nice, I LIKE...Very bland yet very customised, Also in NATHAN.L from you're freewebs forum, Just to let you know.

Cant wait for the second DEMO.

Keep it up.

~LT.Tatters
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 13:05
Excellent, I like the brain guy

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought I would let you see the script of the first scene.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 23:14
Good first scene! I would probably give the characters names, instead of CEO, Secretary, and the ambiguous Number 2...

[/url]
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
You think! lol It's going to be a movie at the beginning of the game to let you know what's going on. The sec. and # 2 are just what I put for right now I don't have names for them yet. And I think Sir is a good name for Ceo.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 23:53
I knew that you hadn't put names in yet. It was kind of obvious. I was just giving you a hard time for it. Sir does seem pretty powerful... but you should use something extra for his name. Like Captain Sway...

[/url]
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It's been awhile since I put something here on my game. Here's some pics of my game currently. This is a pic of some of the model that I am working on and yes I DID BUILD THEM!! ( Just in case bobert starts)It's a side of beef and a lunar set
[img][/img]

This is the moon landing site, sorry about the sky just easier to built with everything bright.

[img][/img]

Front desk and the inside of the PSE building

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

After a few people said my second level was lacking I redid the level and this is what I come up with.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Hope you all like. I made the side of beef a couple of hours ago and is not fpsc ready yet, but everything else is. As soon as I finish a few other items I have three models packs I want to release.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Textures very blurry. BTW. But looks really good.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 05:58
I'm sure it'll look better ingame, Deathead.

Lookin geat, starmind! Can't wat to play the latest build of you game.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2008 07:42
(Sorry to bump) Hey Deathead, how are those San Fran segments coming?

Nice game. First time huh? Very talented.

But this:

Yeah, although it's a little blurred, it's still copyrighted to LucasArts. Star Wars Republic Commando's hud. Sorry to brake it.

But with your modeling skills, you can easily design it with your skills and just rotate the camera to fit it, and you should be golden. Then use another program to get textures in it that you couldn't with milkshape. Just a thought.

Click here to see my showcase.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 03:30 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 03:32
Quote: "Posted: 10th Dec 2007 13:45
I took inspiration from star wars repuplic commander. I also made the breathing sounds with my old gas mask from the military. This pic is when I was trying to get the size right for a full screen hud. I had to export to bmp then I had to use gimp again to get the transparency.
"
Quote: "First time huh?"

I would say this DUH! I didn't say it wasn't star wars. Since you assume that's what it looks like, I will just have to show this early and spoil the surprise.These are the two pics I used to make my hud.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
(And what do you know star wars)
Since I don't want to reveal this totally I had to find the disk with the old hud make in it. This is also without textures cause I still want my secret, you will have to play the full game to see what it really looks like.
[img][/img]
Sorry, if I seem rude Long, long day at work. Well, I hope this put's your mind at ease for awhile.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wandering as soon as I finish the scripting and completed if anyone would be interested in doing some voice acting for me. I am getting tired of finding ways of changing my voice. Just email me if you want to do it and I will send what I have.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been working on all of the levels trying to comb out all the bugs. I wanted to see if I could make them look better and have more to do, but here's what the new moon landing looks like.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
I have also been working on new missions on mars, I want to get mp 11 and higgins cave pack so I can do the martian tunnel part of my game. I have quite a few model to make, voices to add to each level, cutscenes to make and a few more levels to build before I can finish the game. Hope you all enjoy. I know I have enjoyed making this game even though I change stuff quite abit.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It's been awhile since I have posted a video of my game, so here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qifb7h_iac

Now some of the stuff that you see in this video is not quite finished. Like the lunch room which needs a stove and other stuff which I need to make. I also want to make a better nighvision hud, change the holographic target debris, and many other things. I'll get to it this weekend. I hope to hear all your comments especially to get some comments from rolfy, butters, and higgins. Enjoy!

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I built part of the inside of the ship this morning. Now I need to make these segments, because they are entities in these pics I just wanted to see what they looked like in the game first. And I liked what I saw! Tell me what you think.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Enjoy!

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2008 19:54
wow, this game looks awesome.

in the immortal words of cheeshead you are a forum ruiner guy!
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks bobert!

Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
i have noticed an increase in you level of skill throughout the beggining of this thread good job

FPS:1
well how many polys do you have there?
MESHCOUNT:10000000000000000000 LOL
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 00:05
Wow. That's all I can muster.

Haha, but in all seriousness, it looks amazing.
You might want to add some sort of "blue" light source to the lights in the 3rd screeny of your last screenshot post.

But other than that, amazing. Did you make those segments/entities?

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i have noticed an increase in you level of skill"

Thanks I have been trying to read more into game making. When I can't find the answer here I just look in my books for an idea.

Quote: "add some sort of "blue" light source "

I will keep that in mind when I build the actual level. I used white just to test.

Quote: "Did you make those segments/entities?"

They are entities. I created more entities today for the lunchroom.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Now most of this is addons for the ww2 modtable_a3 which I simply just changed the texture to stainless steel. The stovetop, glass guard are objects to be placed on the table. I know lazy. The range hood is by itself. Right now I am working on food items to place under the glass guard. But for today that is all. I enjoy the comments so keep them coming.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 03:04
Nice. The pizza is floating. Haha.

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
NBKgames
Years of Service
User Offline
This game looks GREAT! I remember seeing this thread a while ago but never bothered to post in it. And let me tell you, I have seen MAJOR improvement in your FPSC skill
Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see the FULL game

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I built another model for the ship. I wanted to give it star trek kinda look.
[img][/img]

I had fun with the tv's. Here's what they say.
[img][/img]

I have alot I want to put into this game. Already have a surprise ending. I also want to say that my pet hedgehog, Spike, died thursday. He helped alot in this game. We used to sit in front of this computer building this game. Our quality time. lol Well,hope you all enjoy. Look for more next week.

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 14:58
wow man, ur models are awesome. sorry about ur hedgehog. RIP mr. hedgehog.

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks bobert! Here is some more pics of the segments for inside the ship.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
I made these and the front of the ship today. Now just need to make the level. I'll do that in the morning. Well, enjoy!

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, today I built the inside of the ship and it's a big level. Sorry these pics don't have the proper lighting I'll do that later. Here's some pics of the cargobay.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

This is a pic of the engine room hallway.
[img][/img]

Even though I need to make more models for the front of the ship, this is what I have so far.
[img][/img]

In the morning I will make the engine for the engine rooms and the models to make the front look like a real ship. I also need to do some script writing for the turbo lifts and people.Hope you all enjoy!

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 15:44
It looks nice, but the lightmaps will make it look better. 10/10, anyways. And, uh...what up with the door (the big red one)?

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree about the lightmaps, the big door is an airlock. It's just a stock door enlarged, but not animated.

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 20:57
ur models are pro as always. i like the level design, its not as nice as some of ur other screens tho.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree, but I wanted the lower levels of the ship to have some of the stock segments. As I see it if you dress it up a little like this:
[img][/img]
It starts looking better.
The pic is of one of the engine rooms.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I know this is off the my game that I am working on but here something that I have been working on from time to time. I am building models for a bible game called samson. I have been studying to make a 3d game for the pc but I want the game to play like gtasa. So if anyone has any suggestions on what engine to use and possibly what editor. I have been looking at the unity engine, but I don't have a mac. But here's two of the models with a palm tree from the forum.
[img][/img]
Tell me what you think.

Zeldar
Years of Service
User Offline
@ starmind: You should use DarkBasic or DarkBasic Pro. Anyway good luck on the game!The screenies look awesome.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Been working alot at my job, so I only have today to work on my game. I wanted to have a reason for being in prison, so I made a level based on the middle east. Here's some pics
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

I have a few more models to build and some texture changes to make some characters of middle eastern origin. I also used heltor's well. The pillars and arches are mine, along with the terrain. I wanted to put a camel in, but I don't feel like making one. I think we should get some people together and make animated animals for fpsc. Just to give it a nice look. Anyways enjoy! I will be done with game (without voice acting and cutscenes) in a week or so, depends on how much I complete today. I could use some good beta testers. If your interested just post that you want a go at it and when it is complete I will send out to those people a link for the test. Thanks

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 01:40 Edited at: 31st Mar 2008 01:49
Here's the last pic for now.[img][/img]

Zeldar
Years of Service
User Offline
Are those pictures for the Mars game?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Are those pictures for the Mars game?"

Yes they are. Here's a fun level from the game that I made today. I had to make a little easier because I died 15 times before I made this. I thought I would just make another teaser for all of you.
http://files.filefront.com/Middleeastrar/;9922338;/fileinfo.html

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 18:35
that looks so much like cod4. all u need is some lightmaps.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 19:08
Testing now starmind! Keep it up!
I like the Custom media and time spent in the game, all you need now is lightmaps and also a fixed story.

(Ever since I was unbanned all I have recently saw is a arab looking city?
What happend to mars?|?|?)
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 21:10
Demo was hard :i VERY hard... Only completed it once and that was when all the AI decided to die and i walked around shooting the enemies one by one. I think the accuracy should be decreased a little, specially with AKs cos they deliver quite a kick. The buildings and sand where the same texture whhich didnt really look great, i suggest you change one of them. The terrain was a little hard to get around at points: I kept getting stuck xd

And you also need lightmaps, some walls blocking off the falls off the level and perhaps some triggered explosions/radio chatter?

Other that these I really liked it, it had a cool feel to it But the enemies WERE really accurate.

Spartans! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in Hell!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 23:39:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 23:39:50