Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Installation & Wizards

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
not sure I'm able to post, trying again.

I have checked the folders, hacked the .vsz files, etc., all seems ok but still no wizards.

I had vcpp 2005 express on my pc for a while, also installed 2008, directX 9, dark gdk, but no wiz, so uninstalled all except DirectX, reinstalled, no joy with wizards.

any ideas?
dobre
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a problem installing DirectX SDK 9 (august 2007). I downloaded it 2 times from diffrent locations and when I execute it, after 1 minute i get this message:

Extracting file has faild. It is most likely caused by low memory(low disk space for swapping file) or corrupt Cabinet file

I checked my Hard Drive C:\ free space and I have 3.41 Gb left.

Did anybody had this problem, and can offer some solution?
My OS is Windows SP 2 with the latest updates.

- I love pancakes -
dobre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2008 23:04 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2008 21:01
It's solved! It seams that Mozilla was downloading it corupt. Tryed with IE and it workes just fine.

- I love pancakes -
thyr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2008 16:28 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2008 16:28
I added the folder to the include paths, as I read on a prevoius post, but now I have a new problem, wen I click to build it gives me back one error, it says that it cannot find neither d3dx9.h nor windows.h. Mike what can I do please?

Thnx!!

I am a Maverick hunter. Never know when they're acting against you.
arthur
Years of Service
User Offline
win Vista here... everything installed just fine. installed vc++2008, installed the directx9c august 2007 sdk, rebooted, ran and registered vc++2008, ran Dark GDK, all the wizards show, load up a tutorial project (doesn't matter what one) try to do it just like in the tutorial - debug build - and it gives me the following:

1>------ Build started: Project: Game Level, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>c:\program files\the game creators\dark gdk\include\darksdkcamera.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Tutorials\Game Level\Game Level\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Game Level - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Gauntles
Years of Service
User Offline
1) Yes
2) XP Servicepack 2
3) Yes
4) No
5) program runs? = Yes / has the content changed ? = No
I copied the Dark GDK folder,and the Wizard folder inside it, to visual Studio 2008 folder,but the wizards didn't appeared.So I deleted the Dark GDK and put the wizards.And the wizards appeared.But when I tried to use them.Appeared this sentence:"Default.js or default vbs not found in..."
aj evo
Years of Service
User Offline
I am using Vista 32-bit and VC2008 Express. I fixed the default.js problem by creating the following folder

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCWizards\Dark GDK - 3D Game

and then copying the 'Scripts' and 'Templates' folders there from

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Wizards\Projects\Dark GDK - 3D Game\Dark GDK - 3D Game

This will place the 'Scripts' and 'Templates' folders where the installer should have put them in the first place.

cheers
Hugo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Before I get started I will answer the questions initially posted by Mike;

Are you running in administrator mode? - Admin

Are you using XP or Vista? - XP SP2

Can you check the registry. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\The Game Creators\Dark GDK. Do you see the key for INSTALL_PATH. Is this pointing to the correct location? - Yes

Go to My Documents\Visual Studio 2008 e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008. Do you see folders called Dark GDK and Wizards. If so what are the contents of these folders? - Yes, There are 3 folders (Dark GDK - 2D Game, Dark GDK - 3D Game and Dark GDK - Game)

Go to the Tools directory of your installation e.g. C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Tools. Run Wizards.exe. Does this program run? Can you now go back to My Documents\Visual Studio 2008. Has the contents of this folder changed? - Runs an dno changes.

The error I get seems to be different from most of those posted. I can see the wizards and selecting any of them yields the error "VC Package not available or not registered". I am using Visual C++ Express 2008 and all installed correctly.

Originally I had the DirectX SDX (November), but I tried reinstalling everything including the DirectX SDK (August) as required. This gives warnings about XAudio2 having expired but installs OK. Also Dark GDK installs ok but I still get this error.

I don't know why the developers aren't being bothered to fix this or why it wasn't adequately tested in the first place, Btw; I am a professional Software Developer so I know all about the problems with software design and testing, but that doesn't excuse all the errors that have been ossuring since November last year, with no bug-fixes, (and before, presumably), since that is when the first post of this forum was.

Anyway, I was trying to use this as it looked good, but obviously if it won't work it is a bit rubbish really...

Has any one got any advice about how to resolve this issue? I haven't tried any of the other sugestions on this thread yet as they all seem to be for different errors, although I wil be trying anything - however my patience with Dark GDK is alredy running thin...

Perhaps if there is some input from the developers to this thread it may help?! Just an idea...

Thanks,
Hugo.
TheNVS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 04:40
ALSO DO THIS:
copy all 9 files into:
C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\Wizard

...after you follow this guy's advice. This helps Visual Studio to force recognize the wizards.

Quote: "Hi,
Now it's working tips were at: Dark GDK / No Wizards in Visual C++ Express.
I did not do any folder mappings to vs c++, only copyed wizard files to \\..\\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Wizards\
from D:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Wizards\Files
Now there should be 9 files at \\..\\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Wizards\
There is 3 files wichneeds to be edited at My docume........

Edited Dark GDK - 2D Game.vsz --> Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = D:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Wizards\Projects\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Dark GDK - 2D Game"

Edited Dark GDK - 3D Game.vsz --> Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = D:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Wizards\Projects\Dark GDK - 3D Game\Dark GDK - 3D Game"

Edited Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = D:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Wizards\Projects\Dark GDK - Game\Dark GDK - Game""

-NVS

Life's tough.
HST
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

After reading here on the forum i have evrything up and running
I only get one messages after installing the directX SDK it says: "xaudio2 expired" is this a point of concern? and do i need to install something more?

HSt
Arvind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 17:34
i have dark gdk up and running without any problems. Here's what i did:

1. installed visual studio 2008, ran the compiler once
2.installed nov. 2007 sdk first and then aug. 07 sdk
3.installed dark gdk, the setup ran no problems.

i run vista 32-bit on my laptop and have installed everything in D:/program files/

one person said mozilla firefox corrupted the download , the same thing happened to me when downloading the dark gdk setup, and internet explorer downloaded it fine........

The nice thing about standards is, there are so many to choose from.
the nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 02:44
Everything`s just fine, except the little fact that when I choose the wizard from the VS, set a name and click "OK" things aren`t that ok- I t gives me the message:

"Automation server cannot create object"

What should this mean?

I tried the VS express version from the link given, tried VS 2008 Professional full(licensed) but not "Express" and the results were the same...

What am I doing wrong?
TIN TIN
Years of Service
User Offline
i got same problem with the WIZARDS but i will try to reinstall it again like people says on ms board...

* Install Visual Studio C++ 2008
* Install GDK (GDK will ask for SDK if its installed if no GDK will download it and install)
* Install SDK

My question is what DARK GDK mean by " HAVE YOU RUN COMPILER LAST ONCE " i dont get it what compiler i need to run if anyone will help me will be great.

and the other problem i try to compile DRK GDK SAMPLE GAME 3D and when i press start debuging then window comes on the screen i dont know what i should type.

Thanks and sorry for my english.
the nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 01:53 Edited at: 28th Mar 2008 00:03
hmm... the problem seemed to be much more complicated...

I googled the error message and fond out that it is due to an error in Windows script files, SCRRUN.DLL in particular. I tried to download a new Wndowsscript pack, but this .dll is still problematic. That`s why I`m dealing with some registry check and fix programs. Currently I`m performing something like a registry repair and hope things will go well, because it`s the 4th hour of desperate efforts, and this is only for today.

It`s really good news that the problem is out of the GDK, but I think I`m going out of my mind...
Dead Guy Alive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 17:02
I´d just like to say thank you to aj evo, because your solution helped me.

Just sitting in here and waiting for something interessting to happen
the nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 00:02 Edited at: 28th Mar 2008 00:14
Phew...

After three days of endless efforts and finally reinstalling the XP I`m able to open a new Dark_GDK project in VB. Of course it won`t be just that easy everything to run ok- when I try to build it gives me the error of missing d3dx9.h include file:

'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory

Two guys up there had the same problem, but I don`t see any advice given. Where should I find, place and/or replace this one? I`m getting really sick of all these problems...

EDIT 5 minutes later...

I found the solution by jinsai:
Quote: "
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 19:16 Edited: 23rd Mar 2008 19:23 toggle
You could set the include file path for the SDK yourself. The menu item Tools/Options is used to do that.

In the Options dialog, expand the listview item Projects And Solutions, and select VC++ Directories. Now, in the upper right corner, there is a droplist (Show Directories for). Pull that down and select Include Files.

Highlight a line by single clicking on it. Now, go to the right side of that same line and click again...a button will appear with '...' on it. (That means it opens a dialog.) That dialog can be used to browse to the directory that you want to add. Go find the SDK include file directory. Probably, it is in Program Files/Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)/Include.

The installation should have put the GDK include directory at the top. That should not matter, because afaik...GDK does not use any of the same names for its include files. That is the only thing that matters as far as the order is concerned, as that list only determines the order searched, and has nothing to do with the names themselves.

I think that you should stick with getting it up to scratch, rather than try to fix it by copying include files. That is going to start a bigger mess, imo. "

At last, at last...
Cladius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 09:35
@ TIN TIN
Quote: "My question is what DARK GDK mean by " HAVE YOU RUN COMPILER LAST ONCE " i dont get it what compiler i need to run if anyone will help me will be great."

It's asking you to compile a code in Visual Studio. Anything will do as long as it runs, i think. If I'm not mistaken, you should have done this BEFORE you install Dark GDK.
the nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 21:35
Quote: "It's asking you to compile a code in Visual Studio. Anything will do as long as it runs, i think. If I'm not mistaken, you should have done this BEFORE you install Dark GDK."

That`s right. I did this using an simple script of the "Hello World" type.
Hacktank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 10:26
1)Yes (iv tried both)
2)Vista
3)Yes
4)Its there with 2D,3D,and regular game folders with lots of subfolders
5)No
-----------------
I can't create ANY project in Visual C++ when I click on the templates to open them (including Dark GDK) the solution explorer has nothing in it!
Hacktank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 10:34
1)Admin (tried both)
2)Vista
3)Yes
4)Its there with 2d, 3d, and normal game folders with lots of subfolders
5)No they didnt
----------------------
I can't run ANY template in Vissual C++ (including Dark GDK, I click on to open but when the window goes away the solution explorer has nothing in it?!
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2008 06:10
1) Yes
2) XP
3) They haven't installed yet
4) They haven't installed yet
5) They haven't installed yet

When I run the installer everything goes fine until the bar gets to the end and I receive an error message informing me that the file "product.cab" is corrupt and that it is probably a problem with the installer. After reading through other posts I found out that Mozilla corrupted an installer one person downloaded, so I tried using IE to download it again (after deleting the first one) and still it hasn't worked.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
Bernard TGC
Years of Service
User Offline
I have Windows XP and don't know how to check the registry.
Thanks.
Cerberus 90
Years of Service
User Offline
Having problems with the VC++ saying the default.js file is not found, even though it is clearly in the location that the error message gives.

Admin mode = Yes
Running Vista Ultimate 64bit
Reg Key is correct
Wizards folder or Dark GDK folders are not present
wizard program looks like it runs, I see a flash of a cmd and thats it, nothing changes though when it is run.

I've had a play with files and stuff, basically what was explained in one of the other topics on this (Dark GDK / No Wizards in Visual C++ Express). I have changed the Absolute Path locations to what I can assume is correct, and changed the files in that were using Mike as username to the correct location. However I still recieve the same error.

All libray bits in VC++ seem correct, I have got the ones explained in the installation guide in the correct places.

A concise and simple to follow guide on what files should be where and what locations should be what in the vsc files would be very much appreciated.

I'd love to get this working so I can get in some experience before I start my degree at uni.
Sky Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having trouble with the *August 2007 DirectX 9.0c SDK*.

I downloaded the file to my desktop, but when I run the .exe file it pops up a message that says:
Quote: "C:\Users\Adam\Desktop\dxsdk_aug2007.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

My OS is Vista Premium.

Any Ideas????
infinite people
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using vista home basic (spanish). Had the problem of wizard not showing ...and all that. Actually, GDK was creating the following folders My Documents, Visual Studio 2008 and storing GDK, wizards in that location.

We copied the folders - GDK and Wizards from this location to ...\Documentos\Visual Studio 2008\ and changed Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH = ...

But when i tried to open any of the wizards VC++ we get the error message - that default.js is not found in ... scripts/1033/ ..

But when i checked the location i found specified file in the correct location ... am i alone or i've got a witness in the house?

Is there one who'd answer the cry - restore?

goog people ... good people
infinite people
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone ... resolved the problems we had and ... we've been able to compile a lot of examples.

I had only had to configure the project path for the header files n the include file directory in VC++ 2008 express ... you can consult the installation guide for details on how to resolve these problems ...

 Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘DarkGDK.h’: No such file or directory

 Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘d3dx9.h’: No such file or directory

 Fatal error LNK1104: Cannot open file: ‘darksdk.lib’

 Fatal error LNK1104: Cannot open file: ‘d3dx9.lib’

Good luck folks ... good luck

Attachments

Login to view attachments
infinite people
Years of Service
User Offline
For anyone who'd want To check registry ...

Windows vista: go to start menu, type registry n select "remote registry editor"

Windows XP: go start up menu, accesories, execute n type registry

For more help you can google "how to open system registry editor"

Sopo the tocho
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG! Infinite people you are my savior!

erased
Ronaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got the wizards and all but my problem is that when I compile/build the tutorials or the wizards then I get heaps of build errors. Why? They're the original tutorials from the download package. Wouldn't the author of those VS C++ 2008 solutions/applications have made sure they built and ran correctly before distributing them with Dark GDK?
Ronaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got the wizards and all but my problem is that when I compile/build the tutorials or the wizards then I get heaps of build errors. Why? They're the original tutorials from the download package. Wouldn't the author of those VS C++ 2008 solutions/applications have made sure they built and ran correctly before distributing them with Dark GDK?
Ronaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Ronaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Ronaldo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hans de Vries
Years of Service
User Offline
I had everything up and running and written some code.
This was around Dec 26th 2007. Now I'm taking my project up again.
It compiles OK but then it can't run the executable.

Windows says: This is not a valid Win32 application (??!)

What has changed? Vista SP1 maybe? after reinstalling everything
the problem remains, can is have something to do with the
warning that Xaudio2 has expired and that I must update it?
nadavkr
Years of Service
User Offline
hi guys
im having problem installing the DirectX SDK
when i start it i got an error message saying that this file is not supported by win32
any ideas?
thnx
dc740
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry about thi little offtopic, but I wanted to say something about the first topic of this post: the wizards not showing up

I fixed it moving the GDK folders from "c:\users\VistaUser\My Documents"
to my custom "My Documents" folder in another location

Seems that the problem is that the Wizard.exe application located in the "Tools" folder copies the required file to a wrong location when the "My Documents" folder is changed to a custom location.

I'm sorry about my poor english, I hope at least someone will understand what I'm trying to say

After that I configured the libs and include path on the Microsoft C++ Express 2008 program.

And program solved, at least all the wizards compiled just fine, without errors or warnings.

good luck
Flyby
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having problems with the gdk.
It's installed and the wizard works fine, but whenever I try to build and debug, it gives me a long list of link errors:

plz help
Jaap van Ganswijk
Years of Service
User Offline
2008-08-08:

It's not a good sign that the problem still isn't solved!

I have a Dutch version of Windows XP (not my prefered choice because it often causes problems like these, but the store didn't have the English version in stock...) and 'My Documents' is called 'Mijn Documenten'.

It should be quite easy to rewrite the installer to get the proper path from the OS instead of using the default English path!

I copied the files as two earlier messages extensively explained and edited the files and it worked like a charm. (Thanks guys!) This only took 5 minutes, but before I found the proper information it took several hours!

Please update the installer or at least explain this problem and it's solution in the install instructions.

BTW. It was also quite confusing that the install process was a two stage process wherein the first stage just seems to set up the installer. I had already copied the second stage program to my desktop assuming that it was the real program.

Please fix these things guys, because they waste a lot of people a lot of time and it makes the first impression of your software not a good one and doesn't instill much fate in the real product!
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 15:08
I was having problems installing it.
nothing would compile without errors and it was really frustrating

I got mine to work by installing the August 2007 DirectX 9.0c SDK

It has to be specifically that one, i'd already installed the newer versions and they didnt work.
now it does.
Torgo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "In most cases the installation process has worked but for other individuals a few problems have been reported, in particular issues with the Wizards not being shown."

Exactly my problem.

Quote: "Are you running in administrator mode?"

Yes.

Quote: "Are you using XP or Vista?"

Vista Home Premium SP1

Quote: "Can you check the registry. Look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\The Game Creators\Dark GDK. Do you see the key for INSTALL_PATH. Is this pointing to the correct location?"

Yes, yes and yes.

Quote: "Do you see folders called Dark GDK and Wizards. If so what are the contents of these folders?"

Only Dark GDK, no Wizards there. Dark GDK has three sub-folders in it.

Quote: "Go to the Tools directory of your installation e.g. C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Tools. Run Wizards.exe. Does this program run? Can you now go back to My Documents\Visual Studio 2008. Has the contents of this folder changed?"

Yes it does and yes, the contents has changed. Now the wizards-folder has appeared. I checked the files in it and it seems to have all the correct files and paths are set right, but still no wizards in Visual C++.
daelion
Years of Service
User Offline
I had a few problems in making my dark GDK working,but finally i made it. Here is what i've done:

Admin mode:yes
Install path:ok
Dark GDK and Wizards:no
Wizard.exe:ok nothing changed in the other folder

I found out that the gdk's installer created a my documents folder, while it was supposed to copy the wizard and Dark GDK folder in the [your custom my documents folder]\visual studio 2008 directory,so i moved the two folders in the rigth path ([your custom my documents folder]\visual studio 2008). Once you have done this you need to change the Param="ABSOLUTE_PATH of the Dark GDK - 2D Game, Dark GDK - 3D Game and Dark GDK - Game, which you can find in the wizard folder, in order to make them point to the rigth directory, it means for example for the 2D game: [path to your custom my documents folder]\Visual Studio 2008\Dark GDK\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Dark GDK - 2D Game.
Once done this,the wizard menu appeared and worked correctly, but while compiling the source code it gave me the error: cannot find "DarkGDK.h".
In order to solve this problem there are two ways:
The first is to add the include path and the lib path of your gdk in visual studio,go to the tools menu,then options.Sub menu projects and solutions and then VC++ directory.Here add the path of your include and lib files.
The second method is to copy the content of "The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Include" and "The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Lib\vs9" in your VC++ include and lib folders.
For the Dx it gave me the same problem.The solutions are the same as before, but using the second method for the lib files you need to choose the rigth folder between x64 and x86 depending on your pc.If you don't know which one is the rigth one,try first one,if it works that's it,otherwise it's the other one.Once done this it should work fine...
GGame
Years of Service
User Offline
I use XP SP3
NO Wizard!
Olly the Aussie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 18:05
I am having major problems installing the August 2007 DirectX 9.0c SDK. I have downloaded this from a few different locations. Everytime I try to run the .exe file I get an error stating that it not a win32 application. I also noticed that there is no publisher listed (this should be Microsoft?) I noticed that there was another user that reported this same problem, but i couldn't see a response to their problem. Can anyone shed any light on this. I am really keen to get started but I can't even get the pre-requisites installed

I have Vista Home Premium and I have VS Express 2008 running with no problems. I have tried to download the August 2007 DirectX 9.0c SDK in both firefox and IE (and used up all of my months bandwidth in the process)
GGame
Years of Service
User Offline
I also had this problem!
Olly the Aussie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2008 19:23
OK... I have solved my own problem and thought I would post my solution in case anyone else suffers the same fate.. (see my previous post)

I could not download the Direct X SDK on my Vista laptop. I tried to download the package using a Windows XP machine. This solved the problem. I still don't know why Vista would not download the file without corrupting it, but that seems to have been my problem. I now have GDK Dark running smoothly on my Vista laptop. There were no other issues besides the corrupted Direct X package. I couldn't be happier.

Now lets make some games
NoPain9
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok hope it'll be answerd soon, but I still have a problem.

Ok so I've installed all correctly,
1:: Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express Edidtion
2:: DirectX (august 2007)
3:: Dark GDK

So I've followed a small tutorial (welcome video I think) about New>>Project>>Wizards.

So i've solved the problem about the Wizards, but I get a new problem wich is as following:

Default.js or default.vbs not found in C:\Documents and Settings\Eigenaar\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Dark GDK\ Dark GDK - 2D Game\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Scripts\1033\default.js

Ok i've searched for the file, but its there... and this problem also comes up with the other two Game Projects.

Any Solution for this, cause I wanna start coding some stuff and learn alot

(P.S. I aint running on vista but just windows xp, and You dont have to reply can also send me a PM)
(P.S2. I've changed all locations of the files to the correct location, so that aint the problem (I hope)).
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 00:29 Edited at: 1st Nov 2008 00:30
Please only post once while you are on post approval. Posting multiple times won't make your post appear any faster and in fact, slows the process down - we have to muck around sorting out the duplicates.

Gasilli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 08:57
I did the same thing, so don't feel bad. Maybe you should make the text bigger because I didn't notice it, that's why I kept on reposting.
Deego
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2008 19:28 Edited at: 5th Nov 2008 19:37
I downloaded and installed everything correctly. I am running Vista Home 32bit as the administrator. There is a discrepancy, though, in my installation of Visual Studio, from the one recommended here. It didn't install MS Visual Studio 2008 in My Documents, it installed MS Visual Studio 9.0 in my Program Files.

I ran the Wizard .exe, restarted my computer, and I don't see the Wizard when I start a new project.

Has Microsoft updated their installation in a way that renders it incompatible with the current Dark GDK download?

I'm not very good with computers, and I have some experience with DBPro, and I'm looking to learn some C++. I want to use Dark GDK to simplify the game making process. Reading through this thread, I didn't really understand the solutions people used. It would help a lot of the people asking questions if the people who got this to work posted some screenshots of their file directories, what to change, and how to do it. Including this help in the opening post would allow people to quickly find the information they need to get Dark GDK working with MS Visual Studio.
chris is bad at programming
Years of Service
User Offline
Several people have said that you need to change the parameters. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but how is that done?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 15:58:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 15:58:14