Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Danger Ground - Action RPG and Team Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 17:08
I have to admit that we didn't really work on the project for several (~5) weeks now due to lack of time (motivation is still there! ). Hence there is no demo yet, but we are theoretically working on it and will continue mapping and polishing in some days when our holidays start. Hopefully we'll get it far enough for a first release, but I don't want to give you a certain release-date due to our experience that we will need some months longer anyways.
There's just a problem: We found an artist not that long ago but after some days of experience we kind of lost contact and cannot reach him since then, which is quite sad because he seemed to be exactly who we needed.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2008 05:35
Oh man! Danger Ground! I really can not wait to play the demo.
I would offer some voice acting, but Im not sure if you would want my still not really complete male voice right now. Maybe though.

Loosing contact with the artist sounds bad...

This is my WIP, not even ready for a WIP thread yet though.http://smallgroupproductions.com/
DBer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2008 14:10 Edited at: 18th Oct 2008 14:11
Hi,
we now got to the point that most basic stuff is finished and the game runs quite fast and stable. The core is mostly finished and we just have to polish here and there, add some minor features, fix some bugs etc. Of course we worked on the demo for several weeks now and finished both planned maps to maybe 40%. Thus we now need support: Due to our 2D-artist having left us we need help with sprites and further more we still need one or two voice actors for the remaining dialogs. We already found somebody who recorded the first sentences, but he hardly can take over the voices of more than one or two ingame characters.
Apart from sprite-creation and voice-acting we'd also appreciate if someone could help us out with leveldesign. If anybody is interested, post here or write us an E-Mail (@flashing snall: Check your email)
Thanks for your interest and we hope to be able to release the demo soon (But due to our experience we can't promise anything )

Generic Hero
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you need for voice acting?

Shoot, reload. Shoot, reload. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2008 20:43
We need speakers for several soldiers in different situations. For example a group of three soldiers having a conversation in a training camp and later on some more "serious" dialogs during zombie-battles and so on. We uploaded a first dialogas example. It is not perfect due to both dialog-partners being spoken by one man.

http://mrkohlenstoff.mr.funpic.de/Sonstiges/dangerground/media/sound/DLG_crossroad.wav

Thus the second (deeper) voice of the sample is not really as we want it to be, but the first one sounds as we want it to.

Apart from this dialogs we also need one line spoken by a woman, so I guess I'm going to ask one of the female forum-members later on if one of them would be able to help us out.

If you want I can post some examples of other dialogs, even though we might be changing some of them (we had to realize that it's not that easy to write fitting dialoges ).

Thanks for your interest.

Generic Hero
Years of Service
User Offline
I could provide voice acting, but I may sound youngish and adolescant which may prove problematic, furthermore does accent matter? I'm english.

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 15:51
Accent would probably not be a problem, it would even have some advantages. You might e-mail us so we can clarify how to go on. Same for flashing snall if you still want to help.
By the way we decided to finish the demo with bad paint-graphics at first, but we hope to be able to make a second, more representative version with better sprites. However, we already got some ideas to improve the graphical quality even with bad sprites, but we will include most of that stuff after finishing the demo - otherwise we'd need even longer.

Generic Hero
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, haven't been on in a while.
If voice acting is still required you can mail me at lowh@hotmail.co.uk

Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 01:23
ach du kacke, was veranstaltest du hier
nicht schlecht, das hab ich ja gar nicht mitbekommen
sieht verdammt gut aus soweit!
High Five auf gewaltverherrlichende 2d-spiele

White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 15:24 Edited at: 25th Mar 2009 19:21
My translation is wrong look at the post below...

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 18:06
Translation:

Quote: "
Holy crap, what are you organizing here
not bad, I didn't know of this
looks damn good so far!
High five upon violence-glorifying 2d Games
"

Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 16:37
Im Alltag verbinden wir die Vorstellung von Information mit der von Sprache, und umgekehrt, wenn wir an Sprache denken, denken wir an Mitteilung von nützlichem Wissen, an Information. Diese Verbindung ist etymologisch und ideengeschichtlich keineswegs selbstverständlich (1). Gegenüber dieser alltagssprachlichen Bedeutung wurde der Informationsbegriff in den vierziger Jahren durch die sogenannte Informationstheorie (R.V.L. Hartley, C.E. Shannon, W. Weaver) und die Kybernetik (N. Wiener) unter Ausschluss aller semantischen und pragmatischen Momente, im mathematisch-statistischen Sinne bestimmt.

Von hier aus gewann dieser Begriff in vielen Wissenschaften (z.B. in der Biologie, Psychologie, Physik, Pädagogik) immer mehr an Bedeutung. Aufgrund der unterschiedlichen Anwendungsbereiche entwickelte sich aber bald eine verwirrende Anzahl von Definitionen, in denen die ausgeklammerten semantischen und pragmatischen Momente in den Vordergrund traten.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 19:44
I thought this was an english forum.. if not... no trouble - I'll Just unsubscribe so I don't keep getting jibberish I can't understand without googling like a mad man

Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 21:05
Quote: "I thought this was an english forum.. if not... no trouble - I'll Just unsubscribe so I don't keep getting jibberish I can't understand without googling like a mad man "

Mwahahah
Dude, I just pasted some philosophic text here. I hope you had some fun translating this sht. What did it say?

Green7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 00:08
lol, i know, its off topic and i may get some flames, but
how does it come that most peoples in middle and northern, even southern europe speak, or at last understand more than one language, while in american-english speaking parts of the world noone gives himself a go and learn an additional language?
I know, my english is far from perfect, and indeed, its a english forum, and i know there is a german forum too, but to call someones language jibberish cause you fail understanding it without google...
At last, be happy about, you learned english from scratch, some of us invested their spare time to get it, trying to comunicate with you, cause its really rare the other way.

(u füd die wo das hie verstöh: nid grad düredräie, gschider es hopfeteeli suufe!)

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 03:13
Every language one can't understand is jibberish... until you learn it. This is an English Forum... hence my comment. As for your comment about Americans, I am white and I speak English and Spanish.

Americans aren't any more linguistically challenged than the rest of the human race. If there is a need to learn a language - people typically do it. If there isn't a need or desire - then its usually not done.

As for flames, you may or may not get them. I think flames would take away from this cool thread I hope no one flames you.

You should note however that English is my first language, and if you look up the words I used - the usage was correct - though my spelling was off. Gibberish by definition according to Webster http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Gibberish is Unintelligible or Meaningless Language. If I can not understand it, by definition it is Gibberish to me.

By the Way - I'm partially of German Descent: Weinreich being the family name on my mother's side.

Good Day

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 03:30
Quote: "Mwahahah
Dude, I just pasted some philosophic text here. I hope you had some fun translating this sht. What did it say?
"

Beats Me

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 03:33
'Gibberish' has a negative connotation. It is an insulting thing to call something that is real. It is essentially creating the perception that it is in fact not real.

Come see the WIP!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 03:57
That sounds like an interpretation of a set definition of the word.

Saying its "Greek to me" is accepted but is poor form in my opinion.

My wife however sides with you... and she has degree in English - so must be something to what you said Cash.

Either way - no insult was meant. I meant what the definition says: unintelligible (to me).

Generic Hero
Years of Service
User Offline
well I'm English and understand no other language which I'm quite ashamed of (trying and failing to learn french). It seems to be a thing in the UK that we refuse to learn other languages but expect everyone else to speak ours.

visual dreamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 17:30
for Team Request go to
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=148381&b=2
DBer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 12:20 Edited at: 8th Apr 2009 14:16
Hi,
progress is being made VERY slowly. Mr. Kohlensoff is preparing himself for his A-level and I am still busy at university.
So since the dialogues are not definite and mostly placeholders, there's no need for Voice acting at the moment
Talking about "placeholders" does bring me to the fact again that we're still looking for an artist helping us out with some nice, realistic looking topdown sprites.

To show you what we've done and that this isn't dead, we made a new video showing parts of the third mission which will be also part of the demo we hope to release sometime ...
I'm sorry that the dialogues are not readable, but FRAPS and windows movie maker do not allow us the produce something better :-P

So here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZPYtjqkwZ4&fmt=18

The music used in this video is done by myself and part of the official soundtrack used in the game to highlight certain situations.

Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 16:26
Looking pretty sweet. Reminds me of Alien Breed.
DBer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi again,
We're a bit disappointed that apart from Dr Tank nobody replied to our post. There is no progress been made since there because our motivation disappeared in some way and there are a lot of other things to do ...
We hoped to get some feedback concerning the new video. This would help us very much. Dangerground is a game we WANT to get done, but there is so much to do we think life is too short for
If you are interested in reading a prototype of the story or detailed description of the mission's story-board shown in the video, then let us know.

I while back we planned to release a demo that doesn't contain a whole mission but some kind of challenge where the player has to survive for a certain time or has to make his way to the halicopter to get out of the city. we thought that these objectives are a bit common and wanted something more challeging then just killing hordes of zombies.
If someone has a great idea, then post it and we'll start especially working on a demo. Don't be shy, everything is scriptable

See you soon
DBer

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 21:55
hey sorry for now posting earlier, I didnt see this. The video was very good, me like. It seems like it lost some of the 'over the top action' that the last 2 videos had, but It was still awesome. The music you put to the video didnt feel like it fit. Maybe it was just a little to loud, or maybe that it was that it was the ONLY sound. If the video had death sounds, gun shots, and commentary from the other players, I think that would add a lot.

Also, what happened to the 2D lighting systems? I noticed that no shadows were being made on those crates. Or was it that the lighting system was only static?

As for possible mission ideas, I would stick with what works.
-Rescue a person who is held up in a fortified position
-Escape the city with a helicopter, truck, train, w/e
-Go to some story vital building, like a science lab.
-Depending on what your current story is like, the mission could be to rob a bank. I bet there would still be crooks and robbers in a zombie apacolpyse. Or rather, fighting your way INTO a vault. Maybe raiding another survival group's supplies?

Still diggin this project, and still want to play it.

Check out my current WIP. SLIME 09
forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149899&b=8
Valle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 23:35
The video looks very good! plz dont give up now, motivation comes in intervals. I know the problem very good

I would do many different bloodimages and flying body-parts and that stuff. It adds to the action, fun and feedback of the game

Garion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 10:23
gta 1 with zombies
awesome!
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 16:00 Edited at: 4th Sep 2009 00:59
(Jey, Post #2^7! ) We are currently in the process of reviving the game after a long break. A friend of us, Joel Schumacher, helped us out with a brandnew realtime-lighting-system. But better don't expect realtime-shadows, even though we are trying our best, the technique will most certainly be way to slow to be used by the game by default. However, there will be some more interesting graphical enhancements which are not often seen in DBP-games, especially in 2D-ones.
The demo won't come out soon - sorry, there's still a ton of work to do. We will hurry as much as possible, but then again, the quality will hopefully justify the long waiting. Stay tuned for some news, screenshots and videos within the next 4 weeks. This time we might make it in time...

===========================================================

Note: Since this thread is getting quite chaotic and unsatisfying, we decided to start a new one, which can be found here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157325&b=8&p=0 - to avoid even more chaos, better don't post here anymore, thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:28:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:28:07