Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [STICKY] Publish your models in the new TGC Store!

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 21:05 Edited at: 11th Mar 2008 22:27
Quote: "50/50 !

Thats to much...

...25 % of the pack is more than enough"

I have gotta agree.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.

Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 22:02
Quote: "How do you make money?

* We host your products, market them, process credit card transactions, and pay you royalties. Uploading and listing your work on TurboSquid is free. We get nothing until your work sells. After the sale, we split the revenue with you on a 50/50 basis."

Look at this, TGC got almost the same deal and thousands peoples are selling stuff on TurboSquid !

look ...

If ONE object that cost 1 dollar get sold about 1000 times in one year.. you will get 500 dollar for just one model ! I think that's pretty good. You won't going to sell that much copy's on your site..trust me.. There are thousands of peoples that using FPSC and never visiting this forum or your site.

Think again

Rise and shine Fpsc x10...rise and shine.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2008 22:17
There are also other communities that never frequent the TGC site; such as the Torque Community, the GameStudio Community, the Silent Walk Community, and any number of other communities that we can make money off of. I also sell on the3dstudio.com, and they take 25%.

I'll wait for an official response.

-Keith

Pet A Mizzle
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this is me or not but for some reason it looks like it should look a little less... 'Windows theme based'.

Kind of make it like a programm or an attachment to FPSC, even though I horridly despise FPSC and think it is shame to all game creaters, that's just my oppinion.
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 00:23
Quote: "even though I horridly despise FPSC and think it is shame to all game creaters, that's just my oppinion"

then get off our forum!

in the immortal words of cheeshead you are a forum ruiner guy!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 03:02
Quote: "Kind of make it like a programm or an attachment to FPSC, even though I horridly despise FPSC and think it is shame to all game creaters, that's just my oppinion"

Oh, and what masterpiece have you created?

Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 06:44
Quote: "I would also like to know if the agreement allows you to resell your work elsewhere (such as a personal site); if not, then 50/50 is too big a cut."

Quote: "If your not allowed to sell your work elsewhere, after you add it to the shop, then it should be 70/30 as 50/50 would be robbery."

I just saw this thread and I think the answer is in the first post - you can sell your models elsewhere...

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 08:14 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 09:18
Quote: "There are thousands of peoples that using FPSC and never visiting this forum or your site."

Excellent point Strelok.
Hey Strelok, which model packs have you made or worked on for TGC? (I forgot)

Quote: " even though I horridly despise FPSC and think it is shame to all game creaters, that's just my oppinion."

Oh yeah, here's another one.
You despise it so much that you come here to read all about it?
Whatever dude.

Quote: "then get off our forum!"

Go, go, bob-o!

Quote: "There are also other communities that never frequent the TGC site; such as the Torque Community, the GameStudio Community, the Silent Walk Community, and any number of other communities that we can make money off of. I also sell on the3dstudio.com, and they take 25%."

You're right Keith, but hopefully now more of them will be coming around, and less of them leaving over 'hostile' competition.
I like the 50/50 split (seems naturally fair to both parties), but of course I would like 70/30 or 60/40 split better.
I think TGC deserves 50% for the items here, because after all, these items are for use with FPSC.
They have a lot invested in this great product, and I think it is only right for them to receive fair compensation for this.
I'd much rather spend 50% for TGC to handle most of my marketing and direct sales, because that leaves me more time to create.
Like you said you can get better cuts somewhere else, but if one of them goes to a 90/10 split, should all of them do it?
It is the same thing as one guy selling a pack and another giving theirs away.
To each his own, because we all have different needs to fill our different obligations.
I think we should give this a try at 50/50 before we start thinking that 50% is not fair.
After all, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing, which is what we are getting now from all those FPSC users who don't frequent the forums or our sites...nothing.
Not to mention what this will bring to the community should we step outside ourselves for the moment.
The FPSC users need these models and you know the struggles we went through as new users trying to get our hands on FPSC ready media.

Quote: "Look at this, TGC got almost the same deal and thousands peoples are selling stuff on TurboSquid !"

Another point, which brings me back to mine.

Soon all those developers will come to realize that they can increase sales by coming here, just like you want to increase sales by going to their communities.
Before you know it, the TGC store will have nearly as many developers using it as turbosquid does now.
This "Game Creator Store" is going to be huge!
I really think that any developers that turn away from this offer will be missing out on something good.
Opportunity is knocking at your door ladies and gentlemen.

I agree to 50/50 Rick, and look forward to partnering with TGC in this endeavor.
Well, if I can come up with some really great textures soon.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 09:29 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 09:30
Will there be models available for anything other than FPSC?A lot of people are not going to want to make media for just FPSC and may release it in a variety of formats.
Another idea may be to have a free area where people can give away samples of their stuff or just give away their media for free.
Nothing pushes sales like giving away free stuff first...it's aactually the way the FPSC forums work.People generally give stuff away to show what theu can do and to contribute to the community around here before the sell stuff and it does increase sales.
Who would you want to buy from?Some guy who just posted his uber model pack for sale who you never heard of or the guy who has given you free stuff and has benn a contributing part of the community?
Another question I have is if you can automatically get updates on the TGC products you own and have them automatically installed if you wish.As long as you have a service like this I think that would be another great way to use it.
Another feature you might think about adding to the store is the ability of members to add their site URL and a screenshot...then searching for a site/member's media would be as simple as clicking a button.
This sounds promising.
The folks at TGC deserve a beer...
They work way too hard.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 09:42 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2008 09:52
Quote: "Another idea may be to have a free area where people can give away samples of their stuff or just give away their media for free."

Good idea Fred!

Quote: "Another feature you might think about adding to the store is the ability of members to add their site URL and a screenshot...then searching for a site/member's media would be as simple as clicking a button."

Yep, hyperlinks are always nice.
Even if it didn't have the screenshot, its a good idea.
The developer's website could be listed under their name if the hyperlink is not doable.

Quote: "Will there be models available for anything other than FPSC?A lot of people are not going to want to make media for just FPSC and may release it in a variety of formats."

I would think that this is only for FPSC media since it is integrated into the editor.
The non-exclusive rights gives them the option to release the models elsewhere in other formats.

Here is an idea that I just had, and wanted to share...
Is there anyway to have the developers for the store get a title like "FPSC content developer" or "FPSC Media Developer" or something on their forum ID?
I am getting tired of being called a 'user', and we all know that I'll never be a Mod. Plus that would give us another incentive to participate in the store!

bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 20:21
i think a 40\60% split is good but i think a 50\50 is fine

in the immortal words of cheeshead you are a forum ruiner guy!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 21:03
Quote: "You're right Keith, but hopefully now more of them will be coming around, and less of them leaving over 'hostile' competition.
I like the 50/50 split (seems naturally fair to both parties), but of course I would like 70/30 or 60/40 split better.
I think TGC deserves 50% for the items here, because after all, these items are for use with FPSC.
They have a lot invested in this great product, and I think it is only right for them to receive fair compensation for this.
I'd much rather spend 50% for TGC to handle most of my marketing and direct sales, because that leaves me more time to create.
Like you said you can get better cuts somewhere else, but if one of them goes to a 90/10 split, should all of them do it?
It is the same thing as one guy selling a pack and another giving theirs away.
To each his own, because we all have different needs to fill our different obligations.
I think we should give this a try at 50/50 before we start thinking that 50% is not fair.
After all, 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing, which is what we are getting now from all those FPSC users who don't frequent the forums or our sites...nothing.
Not to mention what this will bring to the community should we step outside ourselves for the moment.
The FPSC users need these models and you know the struggles we went through as new users trying to get our hands on FPSC ready media."

Dave; my main point is that I don't want to sign anything exclusive that only nets me 50% of the profit. If that's the case, then I won't commit to it.

-Keith

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 21:07
this looks great, nice idea, will email you Rick

Join the fps-x-games.com forums

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 22:22
I have recently updated the FAQs, re-read the first post.

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 23:17
Read the edited post but I still have the same question about a possible "free/demo" area (not that I am cheap...you can read my last post for the reasons why).On top of the reasons stated in my last post you could have all of the people who wanted to compete to see who can make the best model and the winner would have their model at the top of the list or whatever.
I think a 50/50 split is fine as long as you can sell your stuff elsewhere.Seems fair to me.
This is an idea I know you guys have been working on for a while.I am glad to see it's finally almost here...

Please have mercy and use the search function.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 23:23
OK; now that I see we can sell elsewhere I'm satisfied. Now I just have to find the time to make something.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 05:16 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 06:04
Quote: "my main point is that I don't want to sign anything exclusive that only nets me 50% of the profit. If that's the case, then I won't commit to it."

Oh, I agree 100%.

I wouldn't agree to exclusive distribution either, unless they were buying directly from me in bulk at wholesale for resale.

Quote: "Now I just have to find the time to make something."

lol ... too true

I need to go back to that suggested model pack thread and see what is desired most.

Now, we also need to figure out some sort of collaboration or announcements of WIPs, so we won't have 20 people making the same item at the same time.
It would be much better for the community if those developers were working on different items. (The new store's wip board for 'publishers')
Another thing would be to limit the publisher to X announcements at a time.
They would not be able to post another until the announced items are complete.
That prevents the board being filled up with projects that are too far off in the future.
The wip board could be for publisher's eys only (restricted access), as the consumers will see what is done once its uploaded.
That prevents any 'empty promises' effects should the publisher not deliver on the goods proposed.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 09:57
those screens ara ace

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Accoun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 15:23
Quote: "Another idea may be to have a free area where people can give away samples of their stuff or just give away their media for free."

I've already posted about it. Good, that there are other people who also think about it...

Maybe TGC staff would make "creators pages" like "store.thegamecreators.com/your_forum_name" where would be listed all my models (maybe also avaible to buy from a store website, not only FPSC editor...)

Make games, not war.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you are in the EU then you will also be charged VAT @ 17.5% on any points purchase - this is standard for any such purchase."

Is this also shared 50/50,means folks in EU charge more for produce.In many online stores VAT is added to price at point of sale,I find this annoying as the price I pay is higher than that stated before placing it in the cart.If VAT is reflected in price before purchase then EU members work is gonna look more expensive.

Quote: "If you're a publisher you get access to an uploader tool. This tool will give you a range of prices for the various types of models. For example an item object will be cheaper than a more complex character model. The artist can then choose to set his/her price within the market ranges"

What if you create something new to FPSC which doesn't fall into any of the established category's price ranges for media.
Who's to say that an item object has less skill/work put into it than a character?
Will the price ranges limit income due to added VAT? In other words if my product is £10 and the top price range is £10 we lose £1.75 on the sale or is it be sold for £11.75?

Who decides if an artists media is of suitable quality and that their product is in the right price range?
Dream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 21:51
Will this store include other products such as

licenced music for games

Textures

Addons

and other things they were the only things i can think of
force master
Years of Service
User Offline
Well if each point cost a penny then something for 20 points would cost 20 cents with 0.10 going to the game creators and 0.10 going to the artist.

So if you build a character and charge 500 points, you would recieve $2.50 and TGC would recieve $2.50 for providing the service of the store.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 18:29
boo vat

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 21:51
would this replace the normal model packs on the FPSC website.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 15:50
I like the Idea, but I still don't like the VAT stuff. Even my country isn't that greedy for its money
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 17:23
Quote: "I like the Idea, but I still don't like the VAT stuff. Even my country isn't that greedy for its money"

I agree

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 17:23
I think it should be a seperate program. What if the user wants to use an ealier version, he won't have access to the shop.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2008 17:47
To solve that, they could make it a seperate Optional Editor upgrade?
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2008 11:00 Edited at: 8th Mar 2008 11:22
<Retraction>

Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if someone asked or mentioned this, but would it be possible to sell games on the TGC store? Instead of just the media stuff, but they can sell their games as well.

I think the store is a very good idea. I haven't released any of my model packs because managing my website and sales became too cumbersome (and because tgc promised last year they would have an online store, so I waited). Now I can easily acquire payment for my work and reach a much wider audience at the same time.

Buy some new FPSCreator Ready Characters at:
http://www.freewebs.com/fpscharacters/
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 22:23
Quote: "...would this replace the normal model packs on the FPSC website."

...replace? I dunno.

...make a deep impact? Absolutely.

ARE YOU A LONE WOLF? CLICK BELOW TO JOIN THE PACK.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 22:44
Quote: "I don't know if someone asked or mentioned this, but would it be possible to sell games on the TGC store? Instead of just the media stuff, but they can sell their games as well."

That's a great idea.

Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 03:26
i wanted to know because my birthady is after the supposed release and I wanted to get model pack 18 for my birthay.

ricwid
User Banned
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 18:09
But then if TGC changing things in the fpsc
Who will do the model update then???
R
lee1972
Years of Service
User Offline
i am not in America or England,can i sell my models in the store?

Should i use a paypal to deal with money?
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 00:15
@Inspire: The store should be able to deliver and sell other assets in the longer term. We are focussing on 3D models for FPSC to get it started.

@ lee1972: You can be any where in the world to join up as a publisher. Send me some samples of your models, and make sure they work in FPSC!

VAT - nothing we can do about that, it's the law in the EU!

Currently we have nearly 300 objects uploaded into the store, it's growing each day!

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
is the download out yet because i really want to try it

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 09:20 Edited at: 14th Mar 2008 09:21
so will be there an upload possibility? so i dont have to sent my models to tgc?
and what about an option if you buy a model it marks it and next time you can freely download it,you already paid for it?

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 13:32
@Dude232: Not released yet. We are still filling the store and testing and improving it.

@djmaster: You need to sign up with us if you want to publish your assets. Send me some samples of what you have produced. Once purchased, you can download the item as many times as you need to (unless it gets removed later in time for some reason).

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 14:26
ok will do,i will make some now,beacause other few models i made need their own textures,i took them from penumbra so it probably doesent count

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 14:47
surely if it gets removed later in time you should get your money back

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 15:06
im just working on my small model pack so as soon as im done today i will send it to you Rick

Anja Viotile
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 18:39 Edited at: 14th Mar 2008 18:42
RickV

Sounds like a great idea. I for one would like to begin using this method if my models live up to ur standards. However i will still be using old method for packs.

On what mail should i contact you for sample work.

I get a mail recipent failed on
rick@thegamecreators.com

Also can u give abit more information on how u plan to pay the last 50% of the sale. Since paypal handles my emerchant taxes i was wondering if that was a possibility?

Visit us at
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2008 00:30 Edited at: 15th Mar 2008 00:30
can i send you a free segment for the store i made because i really dont need any money

Hardcore
User Banned
Posted: 16th Mar 2008 01:24
Anja Good Question, How will publishers receiver their 50%?
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 22:02
Well, this store idea will definitely make people pull out their real, hidden, amazing, CG talents (like mine...ehem. lol, jk) to make an object that will sell.

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 23:30
Quote: "like mine"

Nice joke.

Just playin, dude.

Quote: "@Inspire: The store should be able to deliver and sell other assets in the longer term. We are focussing on 3D models for FPSC to get it started.
"

That's awesome news!

Thanks for answering, Rick!

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 19:14
Just a quick question about quality.
How high should the quality of the model/texture be? Should it be the same quality as the FPSC modelpacks? Just wanted to know since I am not to good at textureing
And are we able to sell weapons to?

Regards, Joakim

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2008 08:20
Weapons ARE models, so I'm assuming yes.

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 07:12
This is a brilliant idea TGC, congrats, can't wait to try it out. Quick question, just to clarify, so if you make a model, you email it to you, Rick, and if it 'passes inspection', then it possibly get's added to the store? What email is it exactly that we are sending it to? I believe Anja Viotile asked the same question...does rick@thegamecreators.com work for you?

Cheers - Braden

(P.S. is there like maybe a 100th customer freebie bonus prize? Ahaha just jokin man, have a good one! )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:47:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:47:34