Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Newest Thread for the Newest Addition to Ply's Mod - Dual Wielding

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 23:27
Thanks, Toasty, I'll probably need it.

@Satchmo:

Yup, once it gets ready for being sold, it will come with a game that shows off most everything that the Mod is capable of.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 10:04
********** UPDATE ***********

Fixed the bug causing the Built Game to crash!

Turns out my DBP Compiler was all jacked up, but Lee hooked me up.
So that's that, on to the next bug.

Still working on the bug where the app will freeze upon completing a level when running the FPSC-Game.exe seperate from FPS Creator.
I really want to fix this bug, because other things seem to be awry and maybe if I can get to the bottom of this bug, the other ones will kindly disperse.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 11:11
Only one bug to go! I'm so excited...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 11:37
Welp... looks like that bug wasn't my fault.

I ran the V107 FPSC-Game.exe and got the same result.

I'll make a note of it in the ReadMe anyway.

So, with that said... expect a download link as soon as I can get it uploaded.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 11:42
Awesome cant wait

good work

Victory Is Imminent
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 12:24
SoundsFascinatingGoodJob!

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 12:34
Updated the first post to include download link.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 12:54
nice, I'll edit later.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:28
WOOOOT! This is a historic moment for the TGC forums...

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:29
Not realy, I cant find the guns(Where are they?)
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:32
You hold control, and switch to your second gun.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:35
Quote: "I cant find the guns(Where are they?) "

If you're talking about the level that came with this.... well:

1) There's a tavor sitting in front of you when you start.
2) Kill one of the guys and pick up their weapon for an assaultrifle.
3) Run back behind the slope for an autoslug.
4) Going up the slope, take a right and run to the end of the gantry to find a vickers.

There you have it... all the guns that are in the demo level.

If you're confused as to how to dual-wield... take a quick look in the "PlysModReadMe.txt"

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:37
@The Toasty:

So, is it worth the watermark?

I trust you're having a good experience so far with this.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:37
Odd?
I'll download it again and see if that tavor appears(?).
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:39
It's the exact same level as seen in the YouTube video, so if anything is out of place, then something's wrong.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 13:55 Edited at: 6th Apr 2008 14:06
Quote: "So, is it worth the watermark? "

I didn't say I had a problem with the watermark. Oh, and i'm getting that same bug as Tatters, BTW.

EDIT: Ok, 2 new problems:
1: I set up a level with 3 weapons, I pick one of them up, and the game freezes.
2: I'm getting a constant 30 FPS (not really a bug, I guess.

EDIT 2: RAAAAAAAAARRRRR! (see screen)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 14:10
Aha! here is a bug for you!

If you pick up 2 weapons, dual weild theem, and press 2 agai, both weapons will become weapon number 2, even if you only have one of them!

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 20:11 Edited at: 20th Apr 2008 15:57
EDIT: Ok, 6 new problems:
1: I set up a level with 3 weapons, I pick one of them up, and the game freezes.
2: I'm getting a constant 30 FPS
3.I get 2 weapons on the right side..
4.Sometimes i get the same weapon.
5.many times he said : sound number illigal at line XXX
6.I have 3 hands weapon..

EDIT: Ok, i found out something..

Model pack 9 weapons has the I get 2 weapons on the right side.. bug..

And model pack 9-10-5-6 are not compatible couse some weapons has 2 hands..

Attachments

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 20:18 Edited at: 6th Apr 2008 21:19
Hmmm... It's a cool idea, in theory. With some work, you may have yourself a buy, provided its not too exorbitant
Slayer_2
P.S. A few problems:
The FPS seems capped at 30.
You can't drop your guns (which isn't that surprising, but still a problem)
Sometimes a gun wouldn't "register" and there would be no ammo count for it and it would do no damage.
Your guns always reload when you select them as well:S

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 23:59
Okay okay, one at a time and no repeats, please.

Let's start at the top:

1)
Quote: "I set up a level with 3 weapons, I pick one of them up, and the game freezes."

This might be a bug. I'll need to know which 3 weapons you are using to get this.

2)
Quote: "I'm getting a constant 30 FPS"

Oooookay? 30 FPS is the correct framerate for the animations to play properly (without messing with more code). I'll make a note to add a "syncrate=" action in the next version.

3)
Quote: "If you pick up 2 weapons, dual weild theem, and press 2 agai, both weapons will become weapon number 2, even if you only have one of them!"

Not a bug. You are able to use any available weapon in either your left or right hand, whether or not you've only picked up one. I'll consider "fixing" that in the next version.

4)
Quote: "Model pack 9 weapons has the I get 2 weapons on the right side.. bug.."

I'll need to know more about these weapons before I can diagnose the problem. Also, please give more information about these two weapons. Is one of them mirrored but still on the right side of the screen? Speaking of which, that would explain the issue... if the model was created over the axis to be symmetrical, then corrected it's position in the .fpe file, then the left-hand gun would follow suit. (Makes a note of this)

5)
Quote: "many times he said : sound number illigal at line XXX"

In order for me to fix this, I'll need to know EVERY "XXX" that it gives you. I am hoping to get to the bottom of these sound problems. If you could make a list of all the line numbers, that would help me out greatly.

6)
Quote: "I have 3 hands weapon.."

Not a bug. You should have expected that to happen.
There is no programming I can do to FORCE the model to animate differently. You'll need to either avoid these weapons or re-animate them. (Makes a note to FINISH the "dual-wield" animation setsfor modellers)

7)
Quote: "You can't drop your guns"

If by "drop" you mean "put away", then just press "0". If you mean "put on th floor and out my inventory", then ou can wait until someone finds out how to fix the "plrdrop" command.

8)
Quote: "Sometimes a gun wouldn't "register" and there would be no ammo count for it and it would do no damage."

Please elaborate on this.

Are you saying that you sometimes pick up a gun with no ammo in it? What exactly are you meaning by "register"? Have you tried checking the entityproperties in the FPSC Editor?

9)
Quote: "Your guns always reload when you select them as well"

I was wondering when someone was gong to yell at me about that.

There's a perfectly ... REASONABLE ... explanation for this, too. You see, each gun needs to have ammo in it. When you pick up a gun the initial ammo goes into the gun itself so that it'll be ready for use right away. However, that meant that the left-gun needed ammo too! If i didn't get ammo, then there's the potential that the player would be FORCED to use the right weapon, which has all the ammo. You see where I'm coming from? Also, if yu whip out two of the same gun, each gun has some ammo loaded into it. What f the user wanted all of that ammo to go into the right-hand weapon and use something else for the left-hand? You would need to somehow remove the ammo from the left gun!!!

And so... that's wen I decided that I woud auomaically put the ammo from the gun back into the "stock of ammo" when it wasn't being used, thus allowing either hand access to ALL of the ammo for that gun.

If you can think of a better way to get around this (without effectively multiplying ammo and allowing the player to cheat), then I'm all ears.

I think that does it for bug reports for now.

If those who found a real bug can follow up, I'll try to get them squished.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 00:26
You want real bugs? Bring it on!

Ambient light is non-existent except on doors. The entire map is pitched into pure blackness, except for lights and doors. However, if there are no lights, it works fine (normal level of adjustable ambiance). Is that a bug Plystire

Flak explosions seem to create a little "meeting place" (for lack of a better term) in every map, and will gather there right on top of each other whenever an explosion goes off. Yes I have tested this thoroughly.

As for the reloading problem, I have no idea, you lost me halfway through your explanation, but good luck. Maybe remove the reloading on single weapons to make it less annoying

By register, I mean I would put a stock weapon down with its default settings on, then pick it up then try and dual wield with my start weapon. This caused the ammo count for the gun I placed down (the Autoslug in this case) to disappear. I tried putting away both weapons and pulling them out one at a time normally, but the ammo count was still missing for the Autoslug. But thats not all, the Autoslug also inflicted no damage when fired. It would push things around and all, but it couldn't even destroy an explosive barrel with one health.

Happy now?
Slayer_2

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 00:31
Btw, I just found out why the guns and ammo aren't appearing in the demo.

Apparently when I built the game and went back and deleted all the unneeded scripts from the scriptbank, i deleted the "appear2.fpi" script which is needed for the guns to show up... So to fix this, just copy the "appear2.fpi" script from your scriptbank and put it into the scriptbank that comes with the demo.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 00:39
Quote: "Ambient light is non-existent except on doors. The entire map is pitched into pure blackness, except for lights and doors. However, if there are no lights, it works fine (normal level of adjustable ambiance). Is that a bug Plystire"

Maybe? I just tested a level with full lightmapping turned on, placed a bunch of light markers around leaving dark spots in between them, and the ambience settings worked perfectly fine for me!

Quote: "Flak explosions seem to create a little "meeting place" (for lack of a better term) in every map, and will gather there right on top of each other whenever an explosion goes off. Yes I have tested this thoroughly."

May I see a screenshot? I don't think there's any reason for this to occur. Not to mention that I have tested with every flak weapon in a single level. Well... every stock flak weapon.

Show me a screeny, and I'll to duplicate it.

Quote: "Maybe remove the reloading on single weapons to make it less annoying."

What do you mean by "single weapons"? Weapons that are not allowed to be dual-wielded? Or do you mean when you are only holding one gun?

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 00:43
So when you wield only a single gun, it reloads whenever you select it? If that's the case, something should be done about that.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 01:05
Quote: "something should be done about that."

I'm open to suggestions.

That was intentional to keep the ammo quantity at maximum for the currently used weapon(s) even after constantly swapping in and out other weapons and duals.

If you can think of a better way to consolidate ammo without allowing the player to cheat, let me know.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 01:21
I will.

For your information, all this was taken off of my own levels, not the demo I'd love to give you a screeny, but I've un-installed your mod. Its pretty simple, put down a prefab, throw some grenades around, fire off some LAW's and see if it happens...

[img]
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 02:44
You know what should be fun with this mod? (I say should, as I haven't tried it.) Jon's dual Berettas. 4 arms and 4 guns on screen... I'm just kidding. The bugs that have been reported don't seem to be too big. Nice job, Ply.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 02:52
No ambiance and social flak isn't big The only thing worse would be not working at all, or walls disappearing randomly. Other than that, is pretty dang nice.

[img]
conspiracy
Years of Service
User Offline
Well as much as I was looking forward to this mod am so disappointed.
First I cant use lights, everything looks dark, I have to have every game whit the Plystire mod thing on the screen and there are some weapons that are mirrored, you can see 4 hands, and there are weapons that you can see the 2 weapons on the right side. I guess I will have to live without dual wielding.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 07:04
Quote: "No ambiance and social flak"

All I have to say to that is... I'm running on Vista and it works, ambience and all. What version of FPSC are you using? It better not be V108 or V109 if you're wanting to file a bug report.

I've tested many times with the ambience and it's working flawlessly on my machine.

One thing I found out though, is some of the bugs I encountered disappeared when I "Repaired" the V107 installation. So if you're running V107 (Like you should be for any mod) and you have problems, then try repairing the installation and recopying the mod in.

As for the flak... since when have the flak decals worked? They've been buggy for me in every official version of FPSC.
And to me, that's like trying to file the "plrdrop" command as a bug report for my mod.

Has anyone else tried it yet?

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 07:23
Quote: "All I have to say to that is... I'm running on Vista and it works, ambience and all. What version of FPSC are you using? It better not be V108 or V109 if you're wanting to file a bug report."
How nooby do you think I am?!?

I've tried repairing and stuff. Ambiance works fine without lighting.

Quote: "As for the flak... since when have the flak decals worked? They've been buggy for me in every official version of FPSC.
And to me, that's like trying to file the "plrdrop" command as a bug report for my mod."
Well at least it wasn't like this

[img]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 10:54
Quote: "Well as much as I was looking forward to this mod am so disappointed.
First I cant use lights, everything looks dark, I have to have every game whit the Plystire mod thing on the screen and there are some weapons that are mirrored, you can see 4 hands, and there are weapons that you can see the 2 weapons on the right side. I guess I will have to live without dual wielding."

Jeez....

Lay off a bit, mate. Ply may be magic, but he can't do everything. Just wait a bit for more updates.

Super Gamer Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
If people wanted to use model pack 10 guns then do like they do in some games and allow so only small/light weapons can be duel wielded like pistols and stuff just one hand weapons.
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 13:13
Well techincly no, because you would have 4 hands on screen.
Super Gamer Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire please could you make the demo a zip folder I can never seem to download them if there .rar and I don't know why.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 13:17
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 14:41

Great mod, the only qualm I have with it is no aesthetical upgrades, it's all gameplay.....

Ohhh, well, I was having fun with just variables, now my "bounty hunter" ( ), will be carrying 2 uzis now!

But then again, now there'll be tonnes of newbs in showcase impersonating Halo 2 now....

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 14:42
Quote: "so only small/light weapons can be duel wielded like pistols and stuff just one hand weapons."

I see what you mean, but both hands are shown when you reload.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 17:19
The questions of model pack 9 are hard to answer..

Look at the screeny , than you will know how it looks like..

One of the illigal souns lines is: 15521..

When i find more i will post them..

Attachments

SamHH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 19:18
Great work.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 21:09
lol

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 7th Apr 2008 22:40
Plystire, why do you never talk to me on MSN, I think I may have a solution to the dual wield problem.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 00:36
@Dark Jaguar Flame:

Thanks for the screeny and the line number. I'll look into it when I get a chance.

@Duplex:

Well, I haven't been at home since yesterday morning. When I get back, I'll try IM'ing you and we can chat.

@Everyone with nice comments:

Thank you!

@Everyone complaining about the multiple hands:

Enough already! Go remodel them yourselves! I swear it's not that hard. Just load it up in a modelling program and delete the left hand/arm!

It's either that, or you can wait patiently while I work on the "dual" animations section which will provide modellers a way to have both single weapon animations and dual animations (That way they can remove the left-hand for dualling). But, no matter what, it's GOING to require a change to the model itself.

@Anyone still complaining about the watermark:

Make your own mod and then you won't have to deal with it.

@Everyone:

Now, regarding the lighting issue. I need to hear from EVERYONE who has used the mod if the lighting works for them or not. I mean... I can't be the ONLY one who has working Ambience, right?

@Slayer222:

I never said you were nooby. Don't take me so seriously, I may come off as just an ***hole, but I'm really trying to be a helpful ***hole.

I duplicated the flak problem you're having. It's strange though... before this mod, I've never even SEEN a flak decal show up.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 03:28
Wow, I'm not a noob Flak wasn't perfect before, but is still works decently. I thought someone else posted about the ambiance problem too... Good luck, this is a cool idea, but it's just way to glitchy on my PC at the moment.

[img]
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 04:01
Quote: "But, no matter what, it's GOING to require a change to the model itself.
"
Maybe have the other weapon move down before reloading?

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
what i would like to see is some wild west gun tricks... you know when he gets out his gun he tosses it in the air and catces it and starts firing

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 05:17
Quote: "I thought someone else posted about the ambiance problem too"

Two people so far, but a lot have tried it. I want to know if it is computer specific or if something is really wrong with the mod.

Quote: "what i would like to see is some wild west gun tricks... you know when he gets out his gun he tosses it in the air and catces it and starts firing"

That would be another thing for modelling... try posting that in the Models and Media board. You don't program animations. (Well, you CAN, but it's a waste and very static)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 05:55
Quote: "Enough already! Go remodel them yourselves! I swear it's not that hard. Just load it up in a modelling program and delete the left hand/arm!
"

I'll have to try that.

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2008 17:45

A carrot for Plystire..

Yout that good and i know you gonna fix that bugs

AND I WANT TO SAY [capsoff] i dont have problems with lights...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 07:00
Okay, Poll Time:

When using Ply's Mod V1.05, are you able to adjust the Ambience setting with lightmapping and lights in your level?

I need to know if this is a computer specific problem or if it is an actual issue.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:26:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:26:42