Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Newest Thread for the Newest Addition to Ply's Mod - Dual Wielding

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 07:32
No, I have found the same issue with Airslides mod... I think I'm doomed to X10

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 10:52
@Dark Jaguar Flame:

I'm trying to look into the sound errors you got, so I need to know what weapon you were using in your left-hand and what you were doing with that weapon when the error showed up.

It looks to be related to the left weapon's sound, so I'll need more information about what was going on when it happened.

Thanks.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 13:04
*** UPDATE ***

I think I've fixed the bug where both weapons will show up on the right side of the screen. (I have no way of testing it... but I did find out where the problem originated, so thank you testers for finding that one )

I still need more information about the illegal sound number bug, so if anyone has this problem, please gather as much information about it as you can including:

- What weapons cause the error
- What actions being done by the weapon cause the error
- What line numbers are returned by the error

The only line number reported so far is 15521, so if there are others please let me know.

Also, I need more information about the freeze people are experiencing. Any additional information will help me solve it. This includes what weapons were in the level and which weapon being picked up caused the freeze.

Thanks for the assistance.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting sounding mod, Plystire.

There are known to be a few weapons from MPs 9/10 with an illegal sound error when used in source mods. Off hand I know the two shotguns and another which I forgot. Airslide discovered the problem was that if in the gunspec, more than five sounds /sound frames are specified, the game will crash. The user can fix this by commenting out the 6th sound. In cases where the 6th sound frame is needed (such as reload or something)the 6th frame can be manually reassigned to another slot.

For anyone wanting no hands for MP9/10 weapons, you should be able to simply open the hand_D.jpeg in an image editing program and change the image to pure black 0,0,0 RGB (back up your original first). This should cause the hands to be 100% alpha and not display on screen.

Best of luck
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 04:52
Thats strange, I tried removing the six line, to no avail. Dang shotgun. If someone could upload a gunspec for the MP10 shotgun that works with the mods, it would be much appreciated

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 06:38
Thanks for the info, Errant!

I was just talking to Duplex last night and he tested all the guns from MP9 and 10 with my Mod and said that it worked without any errors.

Maybe I can talk to Airslide about it a bit more. I appreciate the help.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 08:26
But couldn't some sneaky guy just grab the devleoper package and mod your version so that the watermark is gone?

DevilMouse Developments Lead Developer
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 08:47
Developer package?

Ther is no developer package for my Mod. Ths Mod is not open source, and I don't plan to ever make my Mods open source to anyone but Lee (Until he finishes the migration that is).

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 08:52
Hey, plystire (thats fun to say) anyway can you tell me what mods are exactly in that download and is air mod included? YOUR THE COOLEST EVER!!!

ThanX
Punk13
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 09:05
Lol

The only Mod in the download is mine. AirMod is not included. When a stable version of AirMod is released, I'll add it in.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 17:22
Quote: "
"

I only got white hands..

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 08:54
*** UPDATE ***

I think I've squished the following bugs:

- Illegal Sound Bug
- Some left-hand guns showing up on right side of screen

Thank you, Errant, for pointing me in the right direction for the sound bug. You led me right to the problem.

Also, thank you to everyone who found the "Both guns on right side" bug

I still need more information to fix the other bugs mentioned.

One more thing on the list of things to mention:

I recently informed Bond1 about the newly added "Dual-Wield Animation" sets for models. He seemed delighted about the idea and told me that he will implement the additional animations for his future models. I do hope that he will be able to make me a dummy model to test with.

With that said, once the models are supporting the dual animations, it will eliminate the "4-hands" deal that everyone likes to complain about.

More updates to come.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I only got white hands.."

Works for me. White mesh usually means a missing texture so check that you saved the pure black map with the same name and in .jpg format.

Quote: "Thank you, Errant"

No problem. If Airslide wasn't able to track it down, I would not have had a clue and spent who knows how many hours re-animating, re-exporting and fiddling with gunspec files with no promise of success.

Let me know any special needs for HUD weapons so that I too may take them into consideration for future development and/or compliant re-release/special editions.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 11:04
Quote: "Let me know any special needs for HUD weapons so that I too may take them into consideration for future development and/or compliant re-release/special editions."

Okay, here it is:

Create animations for the weapon that will only be used when the weapon is used with another weapon (being dual-wielded). Now, in the gunspec, specify these special animations just like you would with the normal animations, except these will be prefixed with "dual_".

Examples:

dual_select
dual_reload
dual_start fire
dual_automatic fire

Note, however, that if the animation for an action is unchanged for dual-wielding, then it is not necessary to include it in the gunspec as it's been coded to use the normal animation if a dual-animation was not specified.

So, that's about it! Just animate it, put it in the gunspec as dual_whatever and you're ready to rock.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 21:16
I believe that combining this with Airmod and stabilizing the result would make the best mod ever...

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 22:35
Indeed, but imagine those two added to Lemur... Say bye bye to X10

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:30
Good idea, CG, but it seems like AirMod broke a bunch of things when I last tried implementing it, lol.

@Slayer:

Or, I could just take the parts of Lemur that I created and put them into this Mod!

Of course, at that time, I may want to conside a bigger watermark. Lol

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 00:53
No offense Ply, but I wouldn't be talking about breakin' things

Or that

Aw crap

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 01:00
Speaking of breaking things, Slayer.

I got to the bottom of the ambience issue, and it may NOT be your computer, but a strange coincidence.

Here's what I found out:

Ambience will effect most every entity, but will ONLY effect segments that have a SHADER applied to them. If a shader is not applied to a segment then the only time it will be effected by ambience is when lightmapping is turned OFF.

This means that all the segments in my showcase (By pure chance) had shaders applied to them and, thus, ambience effected them just fine. I'm willing to bet that you are using segments that do not have shader effects applied to them.

This was inherent with the official source code, too. I've informed Lee about it, and he thinks that there must be that a DarkLight DLL or the Basic3D DLL that the modders are using are different than the DLLs that he has. He doesn't know how the DLLs could be different but that's his hypothesis. This means, that if Lee were to compile my code, there would be no ambience issues whatsoever.

As for breaking other stuff, you should have read above that I've fixed the two worst errors that people have given information about.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 03:00
Actually, my genius self has figured a work around for the problem Simply switch Darklights off and the old lighting system (which I prefer) on. Smart of me hey? Soon I'll be making Quake 5 Also, I tested with shaders and dynamic lights on/off. But anyhow, I'm hooked on Airmod for now, so I won't be dual-wielding for quite some time
Slayer_2
P.S. DLL's are annoying.

[img]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 11:01
I would love to see some performance additions into this mod, but I believe the multi-plane rendering from the dual wields muzzleflash may break it...

Once I get my PC back from the repair shop, I'll give this and Airmod a full review...

Also, as a temporary solution to the 4 armed dual-wield problem, why not add a "dual-wieldable" line into the gunspec.txt?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 12:18
Quote: "why not add a "dual-wieldable" line into the gunspec.txt?"

It's already in there.

To make a gun unable to dual-wield simply put:

cannotdual = 1

into the appropriate gunspec.txt

I'm already incorporating certain parts of Airmod into my Mod. So far I have the automatic gunfire sound bug fix, and the flak scorch mark bug fix from AirMod.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 00:44
Ohh...ok...

I'd also love to see entityaddhealth be created....

That would open up a world of possibillities such as better boss battles, superpowers, and more!

Not sure if it's easy for you to implement though...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 00:46
If the command was designd to only effect the entity on which the script was placed, then yes, it would be very easy to put in.

Thanks, CG, I've been trying to think of more commands to add so this will definitally make it in there.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 01:35
If your still stuck for ideas, why not add in the ability to freeze WASD input, great for in-game cinematics, or the whole lot of player control, eg rotateX/Y, moveX/Y/Z, tiltscreen, and maybe edit gravity too...

I understand if that's too much to implement....it was just some suggestions incase you needed them...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 02:18
Well, freezing input can easily be achieved through the "startmenu" and "stopmenu" commands that I've already put in.

Adding control over the player would be cool... I'll see what I can do, but right now I'm working on another command (that's giving me more trouble than I had vouched for, lol):

"SetDefaultWeapon"

Which you can use to specify the weapon to use when the player is "Unarmed". This way you can set up the player holding his fists up as a default "Unarmed" weapon, or even a combat knife. Or, if you'd like, you would even be able to use an actual gun! (I'd go for the unlimited ammo guns, though, lol)

Thanks for the input, CG. You seem to find the best additions, lol.

I think, while I'm making a list, I'll put in a "mouseclick=X" condition for detecting mouseclicks.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 09:55
Nice! I'm really looking forward to V1.06!

One thing about dual-wields, if I have a non-dual-wieldable rifle, and 2 pistols I'm dual-wielding, can I alternate between the two sets?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 12:08
Not sure how that would work.

There's really no way to determine a "set".

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 00:10
A question I wanna ask, is it possible to assign a numeric to a timer, or if not, how would I make a similar effect?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 01:07 Edited at: 14th Apr 2008 01:08
Well, I think you could use a variable (or two or three) to simulate a timer.

Here's how it'll go:

1) Setup these variables in the setuplevel.fpi:
- Minute
- TenSecond
- OneSecond

2) Default them to whatever you want. (Ex. 1:53 would be Minute=1,TenSecond=5,OneSecond=3)

3) Set these variables up as numeric HUDs and position them in a Clock fashion.

4) Now let's make our script(s) to increment/decrement the timer when necessary.

First off, we want our timer to increase the OneSecond every .... well, second.

Now, when our OneSecond reaches 10, we want to increment the TenSecond.

And, we want to increment our Minute counter when the TenSecond reaches 6!

Now, we throw it into my Magical Scripting Cooking Pot, stir with a dash of spice, and VIOLA!

Now, stick it on an Always Active entity in your level and you got yourself an incrementing clock!

To make this reusable, however, I would suggest doing the actual checking (For death, event, whatever) of a certain time in a seperate script.

Also, you can easily change the above script to be a countdown instead.

Have fun!

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 01:14
...And I'll use varequal=minute 5 to check when 5 minutes go by...

I get you know...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 01:26
Exactly, but if you want the minutes to be going to 10+, then you might wanna make a "TenMinute" variable and HUD, otherwise, the Minute HUD will leak over to the right once it gets to double digits.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2008 09:43
Ohh...I was planning a 3 minute timer, so I'm ok...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 02:23 Edited at: 16th Apr 2008 02:42
****** UPDATE ******

Ply's Mod V1.06 will be coming soon!

Things that will be coming with it:

- Fix for the "Both guns on right side" Bug

- Fix for the "Weapon Sound" Error

- Fix for the "Flak Scorch Mark" Bug (Thanks to AirMod)

- Fix for the "Single Auto-fire Sound" Bug (Taken from AirMod and modified a little)

- Can Specify "Dual-Animations" for weapons

- A kayak full of new scripting commands.

- Limitless Variable Declaration (To the extent of your computer's memory, lol)

- Modified variable conditions to allow internal variable names as well as numbers for first slot. (Ex. vargreater=$PL 5 -or- varless=50 $PH)

- Two new Internal Variables for recognition, Camera Angle X and Camera Angle Y. [$CX and $CY]

And, here's the list of all the scripting commands I've added this time:

***Conditions***

- mouseclick=X

***Actions***

- syncrate=X

- startmenu

- stopmenu

- setmaxweapslot=X

(Thanks, coffee grunt, for the following ideas!!! )
- entityaddhealth=X

- rotateplry=X

- rotateplrx=X

- moveplrx=X

- moveplry=X

- moveplrz=X

That does it for now!

Hopefully there aren't TOO many bugs in this one, but I promise that if there are, I'll fix them before moving on to the next version this time.

[/UPDATE]

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 04:01
Sounds good,

Quote: "Camera Angle X and Camera Angle Y"

Player height?

My first animated Gif. Made in GIMP 2.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 04:34
Player height?

The player's height is constant. The two that you quoted will return the angle in which the player is facing on each axis. Left and Right angle is the Camera Angle Y, and Up and Down angle is the Camera Angle X.

@Everyone:

Good news! I just fixed a few more sound bugs, so those will be included in V1.06 as well.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 07:17
The download for V1.06 of Ply's Mod is now available!

I've updated the original post, so look there for the download.

I hope everyone enjoys the last-minute addition I made to the Mod.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 07:29
OK Ply, I'm giving your mod another chance Now that I've managed to fix the lighmapping glitch... *cough* add Airmod *cough*.

[img]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 14:54
Quote: "(Thanks, coffee grunt, for the following ideas!!! )
- entityaddhealth=X

- rotateplry=X

- rotateplrx=X

- moveplrx=X

- moveplry=X

- moveplrz=X
"

Yay! I am loved! And some great scripting commands too for my game.....

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 15:28
Quote: "(Thanks, coffee grunt, for the following ideas!!! )
- entityaddhealth=X

- rotateplry=X

- rotateplrx=X

- moveplrx=X

- moveplry=X

- moveplrz=X"

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 23:06
Has anyone used it yet?

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 23:32
Working on it Ply, be patient, I have to find time to say goodbye to Airmod first I bet I'll have the lightmapping problem again, although I figured out a work-around.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2008 18:46
@Plystire

Sorry mate, I'd love to, but I can't find my FPSC disk.....

I promise as soon as I find it and re-install FPSC, I'l give it a test run.......

If all goes well, there's only really one more command that needs to be done, the dreaded PLRDROP.....

We'll cross that hurdle when we get there though, this is looking excellent by the way, but what is SYNCRATE, and if I set $CX to 0, what direction will I be facing?

I'm seriously comnsidering using thi s for Izolis....I'd love to have some funky, unique gameplay aspects in it....

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 07:11
Plystire - since Slayer seems so bent on you getting AirMod in, would you like the WIP copy of 0.6? It's basically just the weapon features that were in 0.5 at the moment (the timing system has been taken out for various reasons). They should intergrate nicely and the lines are easy to find (always "rem AirMod - bababa").

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 08:48
Say yes, please

[img]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 14:09
@Plystire

You should also add alternate attack animations....

@Airslide

I hope Ply says yes....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 10:58
@Airslide:

Send the source on over, buddy. But be warned... I'll be testing it after every single feature I put in and if something goes bad, I'm cutting it short.

(BTW, I found out a solution to the sound-cutoff bug in your Autofire sound bug fix. That was the alteration I made to your code. )

@CG:

No worries, take your time. I just knew that you of all people would appreciate the extra scripting stuff I've put in.

When you find your disc again, just be sure to let me know what you think.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 12:42
Will do, I'm looking forward to using things like startmenu, for interfacing with computers, and maybe even chatting with NPCs.......

Setting the maximum amounts of weapons carriable will be somewhat stunuted without being able to use plrdrop, but I think it's still a good idea....

Also, how about adding a delvar command, to remove variables that are no longer needed, to save processing power......

Also, I've found out what syncrate is, but setting $CX/Y to 0, would that leave the player facing North, or the direction they spawned?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 22:16
Editted first post to include a new download of V1.06

The in-game watermark issue has been dealt with.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 01:45
Ok then, tried out V1.06 and here's my in-depth review The kickback is defiantly cool. Most of the other features come second to that, mainly cause I'm terrible at scripting and the dual wielding is really only good with stock weapons ATM First off, the reloading every time you switch to a weapon in annoying. Extremely annoying. I have a theory for fixing it though. Maybe try and make a new function for the weapons that is a second reload. This second reload has no sound and in only the idle animation played once. This way the reload at the start could be replaced with the second reload and the only real noticeable effect would be a slight pause when you retrieve your weapon before you can fire. It's a pretty silly idea I know, but you asked for any theory's

Second, the gunfire lighting effects (the ones that turn the room yellow for a second) only seem to effect dynamic entities now Also I had the lighting problem, which I can now fix myself. So thats no real problem to me.

Third, you forgot to try and add Airmod, whoops thats not a real problem

Overall a very cool mod and hopefully you and Lee can work out some kinda deal for integrating it (if that happens, he better pay up some big bucks). I also would love to see a few bug fixes, but then again, what mod's bug-free (except Airslide's)? Any plans for a time-based frame-rate or support for V2, when the source for it is released?
More C&C to come.
Slayer_2
P.S.V1.07 looks like "teh pwnage"!

[img]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:29:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:29:06