Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Model Tutorial X10?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
Is there a tutorial on how to get a model into X10 with other textures, normal, specular, illumination etc?

Also does a model in FPSC have to have the same skeleton, can it have a different skeleton, be animated and work in X10? for example if you wanted to create a four limbed creature that moves differently than the base skeleton can this be done?
Has anyone done this yet in X10?

I use Milkshape and have got a model with animation and have multiple textures, normal, specular etc that I want to put in X10, it has a different skeleton.I can save it out as an X file with base texture, but 1st - how do I add the other textures, 2nd- can I use custom animations and skeleton?

I have read a few forum threads on this on X9 but very little on X10.

Many thanks
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2008 23:56
Quote: "Is there a tutorial on how to get a model into X10 with other textures, normal, specular, illumination etc?"

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=120555&b=33

Quote: "for example if you wanted to create a four limbed creature that moves differently than the base skeleton can this be done?"

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=96153&b=24

Quote: "how do I add the other textures, 2nd- can I use custom animations and skeleton?"

Just use an existing .fpe for one of the new characters in X10 which uses the additional texture maps and amend it for your model.

*Note: You can only use 1 texture file for characters in X10*

Yes you can make all the custom animations your heart desires. Its recommended to keep all the existing animations and add yours to the end if using the pre animated bi-ped. For a 4 legged creature you would need to animate from scratch.
SBOVIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Nomad Soul,
I have the models and animations (custom built) and the textures, I will just need to export from Milkshape in X format and copy/create an FPE file for it going on these links.

The textures will probably need to be changed to DDS format I think as they are JPEG at the moment.

Will let you know how I get on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 11:59:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 11:59:51