Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / [STICKY] FPI EditPad V3.3.95

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2008 21:52
Oh, yes, a line counter would help. Maybe have a warning come up if you go over 150 lines (300 for Ply's Mod ), that way it'll keep people's scripts from breaking without warning.

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2008 18:22
I can see how this can help and thought of it in the beginning. I just wish I had done this when I created one of the original versions.

I'll give it a shot. Programming from scratch is difficult for me now. I'm going to try to seek some help.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2008 08:50
Oo, oo!! If you do put the line counter in, make line numbers after 150 red, so the scripter can easily recognize they've gone over the limit.

Quote: "Programming from scratch is difficult for me now. I'm going to try to seek some help."

Help is always good. And programming is good, too!!! It exercises your brain, which is healthy.... or so I was told.

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 03:44 Edited at: 13th Jan 2009 03:45
I have started the code to put in line numbers. If you think it is easy. Here is just the function declaration needed and partial code just to put numbers to the left of a line.

I need to add more code and get it all to work together in each open document.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 09:19
Glad to see you still working on this, FL!

That does seem like a lot of code! I hadn't actually given the line numbering system much thought, TBH.

Good luck with this! It sure does the community good!

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 07:33 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 07:51
I'm using a picturebox and actually draw the number text onto the box.

I think I have the line numbering working now. The current line (the line the text cursor is on) is black and the other line numbers are grayed out. I'll see about turning the line numbers to red after line 150.

One of the problems that I don't think I can work out and may not want to take the time is that the middle scroll button on the mouse will not scroll the numbers along with moving the text. Once you finish scrolling the text, you can then place the text cursor on a visible line and the line numbers will correct themselves. If you use the vertical scroll bar it works kind of OK. The reason I say "kind of" is because using the vertical scroll bar will cause a very slight alignment problem between the line number and the text of that line.

The best way to navigate is using the down and up arrow keys.

I may see if I can get better alignment using the scroll bar.

I also might allow to turn off the line numbers. I will probably have it turned on by default.

Addendum:

The numbers 151+ are in red.

I don't think I will take the time to tweak the vertical scroll bar. Hopefully I will have this available within the next few days.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
ow great godnesss

thanks that you heard my call hahaha

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 20:36 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 00:25
You're welcome, redeye.

Version 3.3.0 is now available. Download it here or in first post. This one includes the line numbers.

If you have not initially installed FPI EditPad then you will need to do so before downloading the newest version. To download installer please go to the first post. Thanks for using FPI EditPad.

Addendum

This file goes into the FPI EditPad Directory/Folder.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 05:38
I found a problem that the majority probably wouldn't run into. It is not a bug in the program but a problem with the actions.lst file. Here's how to correct it.

Open the file in notepad and then find this line:

[ENTITY/TARGET INTERACTION]

The slash mark is backwards and causes the problem. You need to change it to this:

[ENTITY\TARGET INTERACTION]

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 05:51
Aaarrggghhh, I can't believe it. Yes I can. Changing that line effects another part of the program. However, it needed to be changed so I had to fix the bug that that causes.

If you are to change the actions.lst then you need to download version 3.3.0.1.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
ow owowowowowo thanks for the download

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 22:21 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 16:39
First off, I fixed and added something to the update 3.3.2 (see first post). Download the new version there.

Second,

Please, please let me know if you are having issues. I know there is something that crashes the program (it did for me). I forgot to write it down -- like I should know better -- and couldn't duplicate it. So it's out there somewhere waiting to explode.

If the program ever just crashes, after writing down what you did before it happens and letting me know, just go ahead and start the program again. It more than likely will not crash again unless you duplicate the exact same conditions which the odds are against it from happening so soon. Also, if you have downloaded the most current install program and have initially installed the program you will not have to install it again. All that is needed is to download the newest EXE file and copy it to the FPI EditPad directory.

Finally, I am going to update the conditions/actions lists to reflect the changes discovered and have been made known to the community. Actually I will use xplosys' updated version as it is most current. Some of you might have already been updating them with the Add/Edit Command option.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 04:09 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 04:10
If I am allowed to continue on these forums I will be upgrading to 3.3.4 (and thanks Nickydude for showing the version in the subject title.

3.3.4 will include recent files. I will arbitrarily save the past 7 files that had been recently opened. I will also upgrade the check syntax to be programmatic rather than the user manually doing a check. That almost demands a version to 3.4.0.

We'll see what happens with a run-in I apparently had with Uman.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 04:37 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 04:38
Quote: "If I am allowed to continue on these forums"

Quote: "We'll see what happens with a run-in I apparently had with Uman."

He was talking to me in that thread Flatlander, not you.
He was talking about another thread, so that is what made it confusing.
You have no worries here.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 04:44
OK, thanks CE. I'm not sure he was talking to you because it was your thread and it is right for you to want it to be on-topic.

Well, I am working on the upgrades right now no matter what.

I was just feeling kind of unappreciated because I've been spending a lot of time on this application and the powers that be don't seem to recognize it. Nickydude's been supporting me with changing my subject title to reflect the newest versions which does help those who are interested in upgrading to the newest version. Just like I suggested to you in that same thread: I need to sit back, take a deep breath and go back to the application upgrade.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 05:06
Quote: "OK, thanks CE. I'm not sure he was talking to you because it was your thread and it is right for you to want it to be on-topic."

I didn't really care about the topic as much as I cared about getting that guy's mystery question out of my thread.

Quote: "Well, I am working on the upgrades right now no matter what."

That's good to hear.

Quote: " was just feeling kind of unappreciated because I've been spending a lot of time on this application and the powers that be don't seem to recognize it. "

From the looks of the number of views on this thread, I am sure a lot of people appreciate your hard work.
Thanks

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 05:15
Quote: "was just feeling kind of unappreciated because I've been spending a lot of time on this application and the powers that be don't seem to recognize it."

I appreciate your work.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 05:48
FL for what it's worth, I'm a big fan. Your coding talents are amazing. FPI EditPad is a must have for FPSC scripting.
DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 07:08 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 07:16
I have not been able to get the installer to work, I am wondering if it is because I have Windows 7, and the installer probably won't recognize Windows 7, or idk, I've had a problem similar to this with previous installs on Windows 7.

EDIT: Nevermind, there is a fix for this, you just have to follow through with the stupid error reporting process -.-

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 08:16 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 08:22
I didn't know that windows 7 was available already. Or are you doing a beta test for it?

Addendum:

Never mind, I just went to Geek Culture and found out about the Windows 7 beta.

I definitely can't support a beta os at this point. BTW, thanks for trying it and I'm sure MS appreciates your reports.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 16:42
I noticed the download link for 3.3.3 was broken. So, I decided to go ahead and make available v3.3.4 (Nickydude can you keep up? ) v3.3.4 includes the bug fix of v3.3.3. I verified that the link is good for the current version.

So, if you want it go get it.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 18:52
Quote: "Nickydude can you keep up?"

I'm trying, I'm trying... lol!

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 18:06
I have jumped from 3.3.4 to 3.3.6. I did not intentionally do that. Read the notes on each version of 3.3.5 and 3.3.6 in the first post.

If you wish to upgrade to 3.3.6 then do so by clicking on the download link within the first post.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 01:07 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 02:10
3.3.7 corrects a bug that was created in v3.3.5.

The only new versions that will be provided in the near future will be any bug fixes. If I find any more myself, I will fix them but not upload a newer version unless someone else reports a bug.

I need to take some time off anyway.

Going through our old pictures, I found a pic of Bill Gates and Paul Allen when I did contract work for them. I cannot remember the exact date of this pic, however. What is scary is I looked like the guy sitting down (the sideway view anyway). Can you tell which one is Bill Gates?

addendum:

Edited post. Italics indicate a changed phrase.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "when I contracted with them"

what do you mean by that?

]

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 02:06 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 02:09
I'm sorry, that did sound strange. I did contract work for them when Bill had first started MS in his house.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
o cool

Quote: " Can you tell which one is Bill Gates?"

I'm gonna guess the one sitting down.

]

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 02:34
i'll guess the guy standing up.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 03:37
Not a great picture, but I know that Bill was golden blond in his early years. He's the guy standing up, unless he had a short Elvis phase that I never knew about. LOL

Best.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 04:04 Edited at: 27th Jan 2009 04:04
The one standing up. He did have golden blond hair and he didn't wear glasses then.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 15:33
@ Hockeykid

Quote: "o cool"

It would have even been cooler if he would have remembered me when he was in the flatlands a couple of years back. But we lost touch in the mid 80's and there have been a lot of people that have come and gone in his life.

Since I said I kind of looked like the guy sitting down I can see why you would have guessed him.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 02:19
yay i got it right! WOOHOO! anyways thanks for the bug fixes and extra features FL.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 23:14 Edited at: 6th Feb 2009 23:15
Don't know if you know but if you have an error in your script you can't close the program, it just keeps telling you there's an error in your script. Also 'sethealth' & 'addhealth' seem to be missing.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 01:59 Edited at: 7th Feb 2009 02:01
Thanks for reporting. The only way a program can be corrected or improved is if people who use it lets me know. Really apprecriate that.

Sorry for that inconvenience, I did program it that way. Either correct the error or put a semi-colon at the beginning of the line to comment it out. However, I now realize that if your script has a command that is not in the list then the program will always say it is in error. You can add/delete/edit any commands yourself by using the Add Commands to FPI List . . . option.

I'll take the error checking out of the program end routine since it does check a script file when it is loaded so I guess it doesn't have to be checked when the program ends.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 02:22
Quote: "You can add/delete/edit any commands yourself by using the Add Commands to FPI List . . . option. "

Ahh right, only just started using FPI EditPad.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 05:43
3.3.8 uploaded. See first post.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 11:07
Quote: "* If there is a syntax error, the file can now be closed without fixing it. (Thanks Nickydude for bringing this to my attention.)"

Thanks, that was really annoying, lol!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work on this Flatlander I will def need to try this out,its been a case of always going to try but never got the time.

Great prog Best s4real

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 17:35
Here are updated commands lists. If you have already updated the commands using the program then you probably shouldn't replace them with these. Unless you make a backup copy of them. They will go into your FPI EditPad folder. Click the download button to download them. There are four files. Two for conditions and two for actions.

This might be my last support effort. I know I've said this before; but, I believe it will probably be so.

I'm thinking of asking if TGC would like the source code and they can either rework it or expand upon it or both. They don't seem to like to do that sort of thing however.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 00:35
I must admit that it would be nice to have an integrated script editor in FPSC.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 05:08
yeah Nickydude that would be very nice. but until(or if) lee gives the source to either FPSCreator.exe or FPSC-MapEditor.exe's source it won't happen

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 03:10
I was also thinking I could contact the store manager (don't remember who it is at the moment) and see if I could upload it there so that it would always be available; especially when I will no longer be available. It would still be free of course.

Dar13. I had mentioned I was going to contact Lee to see if they would like to have my source code and Nicky brought up that cool thought of actually integrating it into FPSC.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 22:47
Is it possible to toggle off the insertion of a colon if you double click? Many time's I've double clicked on a word to either delete it or to copy it but it adds a colon instead.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 04:20 Edited at: 28th Feb 2009 07:18
I had several undocumented stuff I left in and that is one of them. I actually don't think it's needed at all. I will take care of it eventually but i don't have VB6 loaded on my computer so will have to use it on another computer. That means it will take a little longer.

Addendum:

Nickydude, what version are you using? I am using 3.3.81 and when I doubleclick, I don't get the colon but it highlights the word I doubleclick on. It seems to me now that sometime during the upgrades I did delete that particular situation because I had discovered the same thing. I am not sure when I deleted it though.

Addendum #2:

Nickydude, I have a feeling I deleted it in 3.3.81 which is now downloadable from the first page. I actually didn't want to go to 3.3.9 yet because it was such a minor update. I changed some of the other undocumented features (quick-keys) in 3.3.81 as well. I will try to get this posted (documented) soon.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 15:46
Everything looks great Terry; would you mind updating your thread here:

http://www.blackdracogames.com/forums/index.php?topic=187.0

It's had quite a few views.

-Keith

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 17:15 Edited at: 28th Feb 2009 17:19
Quote: "Nickydude, what version are you using?"

Not sure as I can't see any version numbers anywhere. I'll download the latest and see if that solves it.

Edit: Must have been an old version as now the double-click highlights now. Seems like you're way ahead of me.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2009 21:51 Edited at: 18th Mar 2009 05:03
Hey Nicky, just click on help and then on about and it will show you the version number.

Speaking about help. I am about to update the help file using the newer MS help. Also, I will then create a new installer that will include everything that is updated. I think my mind is at a point right now where I can multitask. Well, not multitasking but to go from one project to another during one day. So, I can keep up with several projects. I have two games I'm creating and then some more FPI EditPad updates.

When I'm editing more than one script for a game (as many as a dozen are opened), I get lost as to which ones I have saved or not. This creates confusion when something I thought I corrected still doesn't work and the the problem was I didn't save it. So, I'm going to have some indication whether or not a file has been saved or not.

Addendum;

You see I do use this app.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2009 01:51
Sounds good.

This is what I get when I click ABOUT. I can't see any version numbers.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 02:12
Hmmm? That's strange. Here is the window that pops up for me.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 02:37 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2009 03:53
Version 3.3.82 is now available. I added two new features.

1. When a document is changed, there will be an asterisk (*) at the beginning of the document path/name in the title. When you save the document it will disappear.

2. I have included a new insert feature. It is for a creating a sound command. The advantage of using this is you will be able to browse for the sound file and then choose which sound command you want to use as there are six of them. It will then insert this within the document at the cursor position:

sound=audiobank/path/where/the/file/is.wav

Go to first post to download version 3.3.82.

Addendum:

Well, I found an issue (not a bug). When you open up an existing document it places an asterisk on the the title. Of course it shouldn't. I will probably get this fixed yet tonight. That sure defeats the purpose of showing whether the documents been changed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 07:15:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 07:15:13