Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] WarFact

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 07:07 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2008 07:08
Quote: "M58493789420985"

lol. its lookin good so far A.I.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@American Infantry

I like the screeshots. Keep up the good work. Looks like a good start to the game!

Indie

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Heres something for you, take your pills. I mean, with a
mind that changes so fast like yours... your gonna have a hard life. I mean, FPSC was meant for fun... not the crap your
putting into the whole concept. I thought I had a good idea by
coping with the community and letting my game become an image of
what they wanted. It doesn't work that way. You have to
go with what you really want. Make up your mind dude.

Astek

twitch tweak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 23:53
This is begining to turn into another Kola... You already have 3 pages and still only 4 screens of level 1..

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, not to whine, but my game has one page, and many, many more screens.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 03:10
To be honest, I've been slacking off until I can get more time because I'm somewhat busy what with schoolwork and all. But I'll find time.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Okey dokey. You just make up YOUR mind. Its YOUR game, so you do what YOU want. (Capitalization = emphisis)

TeamASP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 14:11
College is the same thing 'round 2 days or so. You still find a**sheads (and that was intended) around even if you have a decent course. Cheers for Tean|ASP. It's all coming back again.

D'oh if you want an alley concept, PLAY CHAOS THEORY AGAIN.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 14:17
I actually don't play Chaos Theory, dropped playing SC a few months ago.

TeamASP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 14:59
Oh, so alright. I suggest putting up fog on the alley level. And remember, dark levels decrease our eye-to-screen distance and that ain't good. I've seen FPSC levels like that, and usually, they do that to make textures look better but that levels were more unexplorable.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 22:32
I have an idea for the Prison (level 1). Anyone ever play Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay? Level 1 is gonna be similar to the early stages of CoREfBB: you get a weapon (truncheon) from some guy's cell and you have to eliminate the SWAT (as they are guarding the prison) and other prisoners to escape into the alleys. As you're in the alleys, you come across a gang of trained mercenaries who don't seem so happy to see you...

Also, ASP, could you post a pic of what the alleys from Chaos Theory look like so I can get an idea?

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 22:37
yes I have, that game was fun and worth the play. its was awsome, atmospehric, brilliant, dark and gritty, and gamplay, Phh... better than halo 3 if you ask me.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 08:43
SC: CT has got to be the only shooter game I hate. Even Halo is better. The horribleness of SC is too much, after one level of agonizing pain, I quit to go mow the lawn... without being asked to.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 10:12
A.I i think your pretty lucky you get publicity on every thread in the showcase and with 3 pages and only a few screenies and details you still have people reading your thread even after you have droped multiple titles. When there are other people who really put all there effort and spend hours hunched over there pc screen trying to make something worth while and on there showcase thread they only have around 17 post's and most of them are probably there own postings, im not geting on your case or anything but it only takes 5 minutes to grab some screenies to hold over the community for a few days until you have time for more, so in short please update.

ThankX
Punk13

daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 13:40
I honestly don't understand why everybody seems to post here keeping this thread alive and on page one. If there is nothing valuable to see, why not letting it rest in peace, maybe until AI releases a demo or something more than a screenshot of a door or a box or a corner of a room or another yet discussion on story changes?
sorry for but this is only my humble opinion on this whole kolafact thing.
If AI wasn't rewarded with a bunch of replies to every minor "i changed this tiny little screw on the back of this box" posting he maybe would find more time to produce something useful. Again sorry for . I'm off this thread now.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 13:56
If your short on time, don't make a game. Simple as...

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 14:10
I know, if I'm short on time, don't make a game, blah blah blah.

No updates this week because tomorrow I leave for my pre-graduation trip, wish me luck.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 21:01
I wish you luck, and more Updates

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 21:53
and more custom media.
*looks down telescope of god*
"Wha? no custom media?"

*hint**hint*.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 23:34
lol

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 03:11
Quote: "I know, if I'm short on time, don't make a game, blah blah blah."
Don't "make" another game ever again!

[img]
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 03:13
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 03:30
How do you not get that?

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
This is pretty intense.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 03:32 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 03:33
Quote: "Don't "make" another game ever again!"

If that was serious, I'd have to go ahead and call you a dick.

EDIT:

Mods, slap me if you want, I have no say in it. I just think this nonsense is uncalled for.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 03:35 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 04:02
Round one of the match begins, ding ding ding!

SCORE:
Slayer: ||
Inspire: ||

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 03:39
Quote: "If that was serious, I'd have to go ahead and call you a dick."

I concur.
Quote: "I kinda agree, I've made a lot of games too, all failure and never been treated like this..."

me too, 6 times I said: oh sorry mate, its been cancelled. to my friends in RL! thats real life.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 04:00 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 04:01
Quote: "If that was serious, I'd have to go ahead and call you a dick."
Stop crying, suck it up. Anyone who thinks he'll ever even get one level done is lacking in grey-matter. I'm know as somewhat of a jerk around here, and maybe because my temper is so short. But I can't even count the amount of games this guys has "made". By made I mean thought up a junk storyline and put three screenies up, only to post - 500 pages later - that it's canceled and a new games on the way. Yippee. Don't like my logic, boo-hoo
Slayer_2
P.S. Maybe I was a bit harsh, but I'm serious, until he really changes (not a BS change like the last two he's tried) but a real change, he should stop posting about his games.

[img]
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Updated score.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 04:19
Stop acting so idiotic. So I haven't updated in a while. Boo-friggety-hoo! If you don't like it, leave. Don't make a dramatic post about it, just leave.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 04:59
hey slayer, want to know why he aint updated, because he has a life, AI could have a girlfreind and such to look after, hey his parents could be disabled, if you're parents were disabled what would you do, help them or let them die as you develop some crap game.(not insulting EOT.)
I know I would help them.
so I suggest you stop poking you're finger around saying: "epic phail", because you're ruining other peoples experince, all care about is EOT dont you, same goes with AI here, he cares about his games, but does he care that much? im sure that you're parents ask you to come off the pc and you reply to them in a vulgar way.
Also this is a community; people have a right to show there projects here, so what if he cancels it, He's got a actual life there due to the fact that he could have problems with his parents, or freinds, I know AI aint a type of person who gets a freind, and leaves him in a ditch full of water and dog ****, I know that for sure, also have you thought how hard it is to continue with people flaming at you? do you? I bet you dont at all, you dont see AI coming over to you're thread and saying, "Oh my god man, you're like redoing this game to be sci-fi ish. like OMG!".
So I suggest you cut AI some slack and leave, no need to make offensive posts, sure this one is offense a little but what actauly matters is that he has done a amount of work to allow this to last a week with out fred coming along with the lock and keys.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 05:19
Yes, A.I is a cool person on these threads although i think he should update more he like tatters said has a life even though taking care of disable parents all day isn't really a life i see where A.I is coming from. i Just belive that People shouldn't post until there at least 75% done with the game but thats just my opinion. But is also see where Slayer222 is coming from, the first time i was ever flamed by anyone on these forums was by Slayer222 in that stupid shadow studio/ Bumc entertainment thread. It was a bit harsh what he said but
Inspire that was messed up

Quote: "If that was serious, I'd have to go ahead and call you a dick"

And Remember when you Told me To "Shut The Hell up" in that "mods are nothing but a bunch thread"
why did you tell me to shut the hell up? i was only posting my opinion. And now whenever i go to a thread where you have posted i dont want to post there cuz i think you might blow up on me if i say something you dont like. I never wanted o make enimes with you or anyone, infarct i enjoyed seeing your work. I just had to state my opinion flame me if you want
Sorry A.I for ever being harsh or Downing you

ThankX
Punk13

TeamASP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 05:23 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 05:26
Right, Tatters... and Punk13. I'm a bit out of place here. Because of something I posted on the far side. I'll have it deleted, and life goes on. How embarrasing. I admit. ("ASP, YOU ARE AN A*****E." -Myself)
People have different agenda so let it be. If AI has a girlfriend then he's lucky.

All apologies AI. Hope this cup o' coffee would get it right.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 05:38 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 05:41
Quote: "Stop acting so idiotic. So I haven't updated in a while. Boo-friggety-hoo! If you don't like it, leave. Don't make a dramatic post about it, just leave."
Sorry you can't take the truth. And also sorry that you can't make your own insults. Leave, HA!, I'll leave when you show progress or quit making posts about NWIP's. Stop recycling insults and trying to tell me what to do. And you never update. You're the one being dramatic! All these attention grabber threads all for a fraction of a level.

@LT Tatters: You are being totally irrational and make no sense. Also you'd fall for the dog-ate-my-homework excuse if you were a teacher. Guess what, I might have to deal with the same things, maybe I've also lost both my legs in Iraq! Maybe A meteor damaged my house so bad that only my PC survived and an outlet for it. Stop theorizing like a scientist with a really over-active imagination, also, I have a life, and if I didn't I wouldn't be here, obviously. Anyone that uses "you don't have a life" isn't very good with words. I admit it, I've got 2 level's of EOT done! But I've only changed it once and when my old account got deleted I even improvised so I wouldn't have to make a new thread and still be able to edit the first post. And to respond to you (ultra lame) "has a life" point, it would technically put him BACK every time he starts a new game from what little progress he had. Maybe AI has ADD, that might explain it. But I know more about AI then you, I bet. His real name, I can easily guess his age and that he doesn't have a GF or disabled parents. Heck, I'm 99% sure he doesn't. Not at his age. I never said "epic phail" nor would I ever sink to that level of noobiness. All you <rude word for mentally ill people> need to chill out. I should rephrase my previous phrase:

AI is never going to get a game done!

Face it, you have NOTHING on what I'm saying, it's the truth! Insult me all you like, cause deep down, you know I'm right. So as I said earlier, suck it up and move on! show me ONE finished level, no alpha level, I'll retract all statements about AI, good or bad. Me and AI used to be cool, but not anymore, I've lost any respect ever since he started this regime of new games. Or keep patting him on the back, encouraging him to continue on this never-ending game-naming convention! It's like falling for chain-mail,for every fool that posts it, the chain grows bigger and faster,
Don't be a chainer,
Slayer_2

P.S. I have no problem with you or Inspire, I think you are OK, I hope we can still be friends, but if you keep insulting me pointlessly, I'm not going to take it. I have a horrible temper and I am no doubt going to get banned, this thread locked or both until you guys let off. So calm down, put the facts together, argue nicely and we won't have a problem. As for AI, he's to far gone for me to respect him, but that doesn't mean I want to start a flame war here. I know when I'm wrong, and I'm not right now. If you can't put 2 and 2 together correctly, then don't bother posting about it. NOTHING WILL CHANGE MY OPINION. I'd leave this thread forever and all Ai's future ones, if he hadn't told me too. As for now, I'll see what happens. It's up to Inspire and LT.

P.P.S. Funny how EOT gets way less posts then AI's thread hey? Yet we have at least some proof of work, many (junky) demos and a a few trailers as well as sreenies. I've never got why. Actually I think I know why now. Also, my enthusiasm for EOT has slipped away for the IDtech 2 engine, but I'm never going to drop EOT. One day, it'll be done. I DON'T give up. Just so you know, I'm hugely busy too. And I have to go do homework now with provies coming soon. So think over what I've said. If you agree, I don't care, if you disagree, think about it again with a clear mind, and I still don't care. So step back, think up your next response and decide whether this round goes on or if we leave it and truce!

P.P.P.S.
Quote: "But is also see where Slayer222 is coming from, the first time i was ever flamed by anyone on these forums was by Slayer222"
Yeah, sorry about that I thought you were that noob on an alternate account, I see now that you are a really cool person. Maybe the only person that doesn't hate me here, minus Airslide and EAI ans a few other newbies.

[img]
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 05:49 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 06:00
Quote: "really over-active imagination, "

Sorry mate, but my imagination is dull as a, well I cant even imagine what is duller than my imagination?

Quote: "A meteor damaged my house so bad that only my PC survived "

Now thats over imaginitive.

Quote: "But I know more about AI then you, I bet. His real name,"

You know, I actualy know AI actualy name, just that he does not want me to "exploit" it.

Quote: "and that he doesn't have a GF or disabled parents."

you actauly know, they were examples.

Quote: "IDtech 2 engine"

Why not Idtech 3? its free and aslo the latest.(excluding Idtech 4-5.)

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 05:52 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 06:06
I think you're selling yourself short mate

So, hardly more than yours. Ok a bit more unrealistic, but still.

I'm not exploiting it as you so... imaginatively put Rather pointing out something.

Yeah, so was my meteor one, yet you scoffed at it. Do you know how stubborn meteors are? It's heck!

Well Q2 pwns and Q3 lacks monsters and SP elements (I'm not a MP fan except for Quake Wars). Also, I'm doing free mapping for coopordie.

[img]
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 05:54
No, I use to have a post theire until I saw you'res I was busy in 3ds max, But im editing along as I read.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 06:02
Same.

[img]
TeamASP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 06:31 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 06:32
Quote: "People - you can never change what feel; better let them do just what they will."

- George Michael, Kissing A Fool

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 07:21
Quote: "Do you know how stubborn meteors are? It's heck!"

Eh?
They don't have feelings, therefore cannot be stubborn.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 07:24
oh yes they do

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 07:25
Nope, there lumps of rock that happen to be knocked out of a asteroid belt by another rock then they will soon hurtle to a planet or somthing else.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 07:30
See you proved it right there they ARE stubbern they wont even let there own kind orbit in the space belt with them.They want it all for them selves

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 08:17
Quote: "Stop acting so idiotic. So I haven't updated in a while. Boo-friggety-hoo! If you don't like it, leave. Don't make a dramatic post about it, just leave.
"

How bout you stop being an idiot and leave?

Why the f**k have the mods not locked this? He doesn't have a demo and he has like 5 screens. Lock this until he emails you saying he has a demo.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 08:26
Ha telling the person that made the thread to leave Lol cough cough i mean that not funny

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 08:27
Quote: "Eh? They don't have feelings, therefore cannot be stubborn."
Joking Tatters I'm acting like it's an annoying partner, you know, personification, plus it would be really hard to move if it was big you silly Canadian

[img]
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 08:30
Wait Tatters is canadian its ABUUTE time EY SO IM I

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 08:32
Quote: "Ha telling the person that made the thread to leave Lol cough cough i mean that not funny"

Lol. Well I don't necessarily mean the thread, I mean the forums.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 08:34 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 08:35
actualy Its agaisnt the AUP to drag someone down for a purpose at this time: I see you Slayer dragging him down:
here is the extract:
Quote: "3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present."

I suggest you think of checking the AUP next time, because I can clearly see you're motive, its crystal clear.

--edit--
Just telling ya.

Also

Quote: "Wait Tatters is canadian its ABUUTE time"

What? im canadian? then whos this woman next to me with the chinuanaus(The queen. )
Engalnd for me!

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 08:34
HA

Sorry A.I

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 10:00:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 10:00:25