Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Lyte:FX, ordered 5 months ago, still no download, site down now

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 03:32 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2008 20:24
Attached are my TWO PAYMENTS for Lyte:FX. I even sent john an e-mail because of my mistake of making TWO PAYMENTS for Lyte:FX. John's response was:

"No probs Ken,

Sorry for the delays in sending.
I'll refund the purchase tomorrow
John"

Never got a refund for any of them. That's $40 dollars I've given him. Yikes.

Maybe a mod can help me out or someone.
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 06:20
He was active on Youtube today...

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 06:33
Well i just think That he may of had some hard times and such but, Bussiness and Personal life is a whole different thing and i belvive he could at the least put up something on his website, i mean (no offense to butters) Its just being unprofessional and i think he should either
Try to give you a refund of your own money if he is not going to send it. Or check it once a week. And im shure butters has friends that can help him out and check his site for him every now and then.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 08:59
There's a saying in life...."Never mix business with your personal life."

It's a shame, Butters was a great member, it's sad to see that he's caused such neglect to his customers, when you own a business selling stuff, it's a responsibility.....

I was considering getting Lyte:FX and ButterCuter, but I'll give them a miss now.......

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 11:41
Same here. I seriously want Lyte FX.

Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
I've waited 5 months, working on 6. I'm tired of waiting. This is insulting. Butters site is back up and I've asked for a refund for both of my purchases. If I get no response in a day, by tomorrow I will post that Butters has stolen my money all over the boards.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 18:12
Jo Jo Monkey: read my earlier posts in this thread. You need to go through Paypal to get your money back.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 18:54
Will PayPal give it back now that it's accepted by Butters and over 5 months old?

Gunn3r Games
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Hopefully... I'd hate for Butters to get such a bad reputation, but really, nothing should warrant completely ignoring his customers...
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
I've gone to Paypal to seek a resolution for both of my Lyte:FX purchases. How long does this usually take?
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 20:42
I would be careful posting stuff like that all over the boards. You might get yourself banned.

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 22:47
...it's not slander if it happens to be true.

Quote: "...If this was another member of the forum who wasn't Butterfingers would they have had their account banned for taking money off people and then not giving what they paid for?"

Most likely they would've felt the moderator's axe long ago.

Quote: "...I don't know if anyone else remembers, but this exact same scenario played out earlier this year. A bunch of people ordered Buttercutter around Christmas, and waited months to get their download."

I remember it well. I was part of that bunch that had to wait for the DL to finally trickle through. I sucked then. It sucks now.

Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I tried to open a case with Paypal, but anything over 45 days they won't consider. So, essentially, Butters has my $40 dollars and I have nothing.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 02:19
I thought it was 60 days (as I said in your other thread) 45 seems to be a bit short... So you can't get your money back but does that mean they won't do the dispute at all? Or just that they won't get you your money back even if they find in your favour?

[center]
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
They won't even look at it.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Jo Jo monkey, if I were you, I'd start a petition, find who else was in/is in a similar situation. Then, you could see if that gets his attention.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 04:34
We have. That's what this thread was about... Kind of. Not originally. There are a few of us who are complaining within this thread about not getting our products.

If we ever do get our products, those of us who are complaining about this should demand the opposite product from him for our troubles. (i.e. If you bought ButterCutter, but it hasn't come yet, you should get Lyte:FX for free, and vice versa)

Gunn3r Games
Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 04:35
Did you try tracking him down through this new project?

Quote: "Story and game-play were devised, written and designed by Backwater, a film and video production company. The game was created using the Zen 3D engine, a middle-ware development tool created by RollingSound and Peanutbutterfingers.

www.rollingsound.co.uk | www.backwater.co.uk"

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 04:40 Edited at: 24th Jun 2008 12:02
I've started a formal petition in the Models and Media section.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132142&b=24

You know, the other way to go about this is the following:
[EDIT]Maybe not as this would be PIRACY

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 14:09
If you dont get your money back...than the only possible thing to do is to download it.
Dont know if it is uploaded somewhere...maybe it is.

Of course it would be piracy, but he accepted your money and made the choice to not send you the order back.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 14:46 Edited at: 24th Jun 2008 14:58
Quote: "Most likely they would've felt the moderator's axe long ago."

For sure... Heck people have been moderated for less! I'm amazed that none of the mods have made a comment about this...

EDIT...
Edited silly typo which will live on in Cheese Cake's quote... as a fun little game you can play spot the difference

[center]
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 14:51
Quote: "or sure... Heck people have been moderated for less! I'm amazes that none of the mods have made a comment about this..."

Yep thats true! I am surprised that in the program announcement section...
The moderator only got upset by Jo Jo...even though butters is the one who people should get upset by.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 15:14
We aren't here to police the world - just these forums.

Let me say this once more. The people who bought this product did so directly with butters. The sale did not involve TGC in any way except to provide a meeting place. We have no power outside of these forums, so we can't make him refund the money or provide the product.

What we can and will do is make it impossible for him to do so again via these forums.

Quote: "The moderator only got upset by Jo Jo"

Yes, because of the threats he was making regarding the forums. These are not anyone's personal vendetta boards, no matter how justified they think they are. They can't use them for spam, or for advocating piracy. If anyone tries to use them for these reasons, then THEY are breaching the AUP which was agreed to when signing up, and THEY will be penalised.

Quote: "Heck people have been moderated for less! I'm amazes that none of the mods have made a comment about this..."

I have commented on this in the board where it's my responsibility to do so.

Of course, a ban will ensure that he can't come back under the same name, and will most probably ensure that you won't get your refund or product.
A slap won't force him to answer the questions being raised, especially because he isn't posting much at all ATM.

Beyond that, what else do you expect us to do?

I have every sympathy with the people who bought this product (which does include a moderator BTW), but that doesn't justify what I consider an attack on the forums.

Finally, just to make sure everything is in the clear and open, it was I who edited Jo Jo's messages to remove the piracy request - so far in three posts. If I have to do so again, I'm afraid that I will be force to administer a short ban at the very least.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 15:32
I stated in his other thread that I didn't agree with people sending him the files even though he has paid for it (twice!)...

I myself bought the product, I got my copy, so really whether these people get their copies or not shouldn't bother me as I'm not out of pocket... but it does...

I know that TGC cannot be held responsible for what has happened here and in no way is it up to them to fix what has been done...

However, I feel and I know this will make me even more unpopular than I already am on these forums that Butterfingers should be banned... I'm 100% certain that if this was another forum user they would have been banned long ago for this...

No it won't get them their money back but as we have already seen they are well past the paypal dispute resolution date anyway...

There are mixed messages here... Jo Jo Monkey is told he WILL be banned for spamming up the forums... but Butterfingers can take people's money ignore their posts & emails, not send out what he owes them... and nothing is done...

Now I may be wrong here, but I thought these products were both featured in the newsletter at some stage... now I know that TGC doesn't guarentee the things in the newsletter but you must admit it would give people more confidence in purchasing them... Again if I am wrong and they weren't featured in the newsletter I apologise...

[center]
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
I disagree with the banning of Butters - if he were to be banned, there would be an even slimmer chance of Jo Jo Monkey and the others of ever getting the product - leaving him open, and possibly visiting the forums may procure a change of heart in him.

And IanM, I agree 100%, there is nothing that any mod or TGC can do, and threatening to spam the forum is against the AUP - we're all trying to help you get your money back/product, but threatening to take out your anger on the forum staff and members just won't do anything... apart from getting yourself slapped.

As a quick thought - does PayPal have some sort of fraud report thing? I know eBay does, so PayPal should as well. If they do, consider filling one out against Butters.

Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
I give up!!!!
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 17:02
I sell download via Payloadz, it's simple, pay and get instant download link! both seller and buyer are happy!

Abattoir Nightmare Revenge of the Stag Coming SOON

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 17:15
Thraxas
I agree with you again!
Butters should be banned cause all other members would have been banned immediatelly.
But because butters is a somewhat "better" forum member he gets the benefit of the doubt...therefore he can take people their money without getting banned or slapped or anything!

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 17:24
@Thraxas & Cheese Cake,

Yep. It does seem to be a bit of a double standard.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 18:21
Last night, I was watching the news, and the second news story was about PayPal now increasing their time that you can report things like this. It's too bad that it'll only apply to new sales, though.

@X Games... If I ever sell anything, I'll look into Payloadz.

Gunn3r Games
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 18:36
...good idea, gunn3r.

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 20:58
I think there's always been a double standard with certain members here. That being said, I do understand that being a mod is more of an art than a science.

Bottom-line, I think Butters checked out long ago. He's on to other projects and using other tools. Banning is meaningless. His name is already tarnished. I've been burned by a member here. I don't think he's around any longer, and it wasn't too bad, but still, ya gotta move on.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
shadow651
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 21:38
Quote: "Now I may be wrong here, but I thought these products were both featured in the newsletter at some stage... now I know that TGC doesn't guarentee the things in the newsletter but you must admit it would give people more confidence in purchasing them... Again if I am wrong and they weren't featured in the newsletter I apologise..."

this reason they can get away with is, is

Quote: "7.1 Neither any partner company, associate, developer or member of The Game Creators Ltd staff may be held responsible for any damage which may be caused by using any files / information offered on any of our web sites. While we endevour to ensure all information and files are accurate and error free, you use all at your own risk."

although i almost get the feeling his actions are being conndoned dispite this being illegal

[url] Operationblackmesa.vossey.net [/url]
Forums [url] http://operationblackmesa.vossey.net/forums [/url] OPBM Developer
neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 02:48
@Jo Jo,

Have you talked with your bank or credit-card provider to get the transaction reversed?

It's a long shot at this stage... but better than burning karma here. As for the petition, if he's not reading the forums or answering emails (I tried for ButterCutter), then what's the point?

I hope you can get your money back.
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I've kinda realized that these threads are going nowhere. Heck, I can post on his on site, I can e-mail him (for months with no answer), apparently a mod doesn't want me to call him, I tried to resolve it through Paypal, it's all no use. The Man doesn't want to talk.

I've spent around $700 dollars on FPSC and models. I really can't see me spending anymore. I wanted to tell an X-file type story using Lyte:FX, but without it, all that money is going to waste.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
This is just absolutely nuts.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:33
Quote: "I've spent around $700 dollars on FPSC and models. I really can't see me spending anymore. I wanted to tell an X-file type story using Lyte:FX, but without it, all that money is going to waste. "

Still make your game... You just need to make a few changes... Don't let this stop you...

[center]
neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:49
Quote: "I've spent around $700 dollars on FPSC and models. I really can't see me spending anymore. I wanted to tell an X-file type story using Lyte:FX, but without it, all that money is going to waste."

You know, I felt the same way regarding the ButterCutter. I read about it, I decided to get it so I planned my levels and puzzles around destructable sceanery. The pillers which crumble made me think of a Matrix-styled lobby shoot-out. The destructable walls implied a dark warehouse with explodeable barrels.

When it became obvious that I wasn't going to get it, I had to rethink my plans. That rethink has gone on for some time now, with several levels thrown out because of the lack of the cutter, but I realised that my story trancended the tools I have (or wanted to have). So, I'm editing the story as required and slowly rebuilding the levels.

Don't throw away your story and game. How can you tell it using the tools at hand? I've found it to be a useful experience, abeit one I wish never happened and one I would not wish on anyone else.

Anyway, enough retrospection philosophy.
Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:51
You really should sue him or something, that would get his attention.

Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Karma will get Butters back. It always catches up.
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 19:09 Edited at: 25th Jun 2008 19:10
I've got some information about RollingSound, the company he works for.

RollingSound Site: http://www.rollingsound.co.uk/

Their phone number and contact information are on the "Contact Us" page.

I was trying to get his address or something, but I'm not sure if that is possible. I know that his name is John Ribbins, as stated on his site, but I do not know if I can get any contact information out of that. Where I live, you can get an address from a name, using a cool property search website. However, I'm not sure if this is possible for the UK.
neilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 05:37
Jo Jo,

If you think it will help with PayPal, I'll get you the details from my purchase, appeal and refund.

You might be able to argue that since this is not a one-off incident but a pattern of behaviour, they might refund for you.

It's got to be worth a shot.
Jo Jo Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
No it's okay. I'm done dealing with this. Makes my blood pressure skyrocket. Done. Thanks though.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 06:54 Edited at: 26th Jun 2008 06:56
Did a bit of detective work.
Right, Ive got his name, his address, his phone number and his e:mail.
But I'm not posting it on here, some of you may go potty harassing him.
Ill will give it to TGC staff if asked for, perhaps they could do something sensible.

How many people altogether didn't get their order?

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Karma Doesn't exist. But sure hope you get what you payed for.

hey
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 08:59
I think somewhere in the whereabouts of 8 people have said something, fallen one. I'm sure more people have purchased, but don't post on the forums. So figure 431561310 people were ripped off.

I mean... About 15.

Gunn3r Games
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 09:32
Maybe he died.

Goodman84
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Maybe he died. "

To bad he was active like yesterday. So I don't think that idea would work...Try something else. lol

hey
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 17:31
Just to let people know that this issue has been discussed at length amongst the Mods here. It appears that Rick actually talked to Butters on the phone the other day about this, and Butters is in the process of moving. He says he won't have access to internet till "Mid-July", at which time he hopes to sort things out.

I'm not saying I'm happy with that response, I'm just passing along a little knowledge on the subject.

-Keith

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 17:32
Quote: "He says he won't have access to internet till "Mid-July""

Is he sure?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 07:23:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 07:23:55