Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / TGC Comp: 14 Sci-Fi Spaceship [7/7 - 7/11] Final Entry Thread [Results are in!]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 20:33
Now there's three people in favor of demon. I need to practice some non human modeling anyways.

Jasiek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 21:58 Edited at: 15th Jul 2008 22:53
Don't you guys think it's kind of a cliché? I mean that demon/monster thing... I personally think that good architecture and space arrangement will be a bigger challenge! I wonder what Dark Coder will say. Is there a PM system here btw...? Can't find it...
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
what do you mean by space arrangment?

god archture is just statues and pillars rome themed type aint it?

Jasiek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 22:58
"god" was a typo.

I mean space that works, that looks natural or real, like a small building with a café, or an alley in whatever city-type you will choose, be it a future thing, or present, or some mediaeval thing, or ancient.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 23:19
I don't mind what you pick, you can choose this one :-p. Plus (ya)Poland is a really cool country for many reasons, especially in the realm of Whose Line Is It Anyway .

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 01:22 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 01:23
I suppose you're right about the demon thing, it's your choice really - I mean if you're going for a scene involving architecture, like say a cafe - you could have somebody sitting down and drinking a coffee, or a statue in the background, so essentially you could be working on primarily your architectual modelling, but your organic modelling and texturing could be utilised as well. I dunno, perhaps a demon raiding a baguette shop in Paris? If that's what you prefer.

I suppose if you're going for a scene it would give you a lot to experiment with and perhaps start visualising things on a larger scale (consider a lot of focus seems to be on singular models) and would be good practice.

I think I might like the idea of an alleyway with a homeless man sitting on the floor with a bottle of beer. Means I get to do organics and a bit extra, might try for stylism as well (saves on polygons and texture skill).

Quote: "Plus (ya)Poland is a really cool country for many reasons, especially in the realm of Whose Line Is It Anyway"

And Behemoth, definitely something worth celebrating Poland for.

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 06:02
I recommend choosing something that people can easily get into. This previous competition was quit simple, and something that everyone could do, which really helps get members involved. When you start getting too specific, that's when we start losing participants and interest in these 3D competitions. Just keep that in mind, and then someone can e-mail me at yellow1dbp at hotmail.com when the final topic is choosen(hopefully by tomorrow or the next day).

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 08:53
Those two models were brilliant guys, well done. Im sorry I couldn't be involved, Ive been in America for the last month. I hope to have a dig at the next though, whatever it is!

Great work all involved, there wasn't a slack piece in there!

Greenlig

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
Jasiek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 15:22 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 15:24
MikeS, yeah I guess you're right about the specifics, I was only saying specific stuff to show it's a wide thing. I would really like to compete in an architecture thing. So architecture would be the main theme(you can have statues if you want of course, or characters in it).

And yeah if Dark Coder doesn't mind I'd like the contest to be a architecture design contest(let your imagination go though, you can either design an RTS-like building thing, or an FPS-like thing, or a scene if you want, or just a single building or whatever you like, just remember architecture is the main topic).
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 18:25
Sounds great, thanks Jasiek.

(Formerly Yellow)
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 19:00 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 19:02
Awesome! I have just the idea for what to do!
EDIT: Oh and by the way, I hope the architectural compo is going to be somewhat long(like a month) as it is a much broader subject than this one and needs a bit more time.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 19:15 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 19:16
already started designing it in my head

can i start concept art now ? or would that be cheating...

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 19:29
Meh. Architecture. So not, my thing.

That's ight, I'll join the next compo then. Gonna go start making my demon now...

3.11 We do not tolerate posts made for the purpose of putting down another forum member, group of members, religion, our company, our staff or any of our moderators, past or present.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 19:58
I'll probably enter as I need some buildings done. Might do a small proportion of what I need for this. Was going to do a homeless guy render, but I see it being more productive.

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh yeah sepp where abouts do you live in england?

am in liverpool, crosby

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:40
Feel free to start, I've created the threads.

(Formerly Yellow)
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 22:53
Quote: " ohh yeah sepp where abouts do you live in england?"

A village outside of Cambridge, and I suppose you could also call Derby my home as I am studying there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:09:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:09:36