Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC X10 - Texture Tutorial (Seamless Diffuse, Normal and Specular)

Author
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2008 23:18
couldnt you have put them all in a zip and made only one post instead of 3

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried but it didn' t work...
GRAVEDIGGER 36
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been away from FPSC for a while so I'm a little rusty. When I add a character into x10 the character shows up invisible. The texture is linked correctly, but I did make a folder for custom characters. I don't know if the new folder will affect anyting.

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Nomad Soul
I sent you an email.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2008 22:51
Quote: "In the next revision, might I suggest that you add the point that Jingle Fett made concerning using the "FPS Creator X10 Files\texturebank" folder as the location for your _D, _N and _S files"

I could but have been using the _D, _N and _S textures in the same folder for segments and entities without issue. Personally I've moved away from using meshbank and texturebank folders where possible.

Quote: "hey i am a total noob at this, could some one help me installing the plugin, i have the files, i just dont know what to do with them lol"

Are you refering to the nvidia plugin for Photoshop or normal map plugin for Gimp?

Quote: "In the totorial i have to look in secion 6 for channel options but i can' t find it. Would you please explain?"

Sorry, I changed the bullet formatting and forgot to update that reference. Have a look at sections e) g) and i) for more information on channels. I'll update the tutorial and re upload shortly.

Quote: "When I add a character into x10 the character shows up invisible. The texture is linked correctly, but I did make a folder for custom characters. I don't know if the new folder will affect anyting."

When importing custom characters there are 2 main things to remember 1)FPSC X10 requires you to use a single texture for dynamic entities and 2) your texture must be in .dds format as FPSC X10 won't convert other formats for you. In the characters .fpe ensure you have the following in visual info
textured = nameoftexture_D.dds

I create a single folder for each custom character and place all associated files in it.

Remember to locate 'Documents/FPSC X10 Files/binfiles' and delete the .bin and .dbo for your character before re trying with .dds if they appeared invisible first time around otherwise they will always be invisible even after you've made changes.

Quote: "Nomad Soul I sent you an email."

Hiya. I've just replied to your email and posted in your thread.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "effect0 = effectbank\bump\bump.fx"

Do you need this effect, i have been trying to create an vsisble segment for hours but it didn' t work

IV

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:27:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:27:07