Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / So its time for a new FPSC Moderator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 07:58
@ Jenkins:

I still check your forums too. Well at least I did, until you removed the link from your sig! What the heck! I used to visit whenever I saw one of your posts! Do you mind hooking me up with the URL again?

Nice post, Plystire. Funny thing is, towards the end, I could've seen you going down the Batman road...

"These forums need a hero..."
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 07:58 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2008 08:05
Quote: "
These forums need a moderator... it probably won't be myself"

You're just being modest. You know you've pretty much already got the position lol.
[edit] final sig test I think lol

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 07:59 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2008 08:04
Sorry for double post but...

Quote: "I still check your forums too. Well at least I did, until you removed the link from your sig! What the heck!"

I was unaware, that aside from the select few that are there nearly every day, there were sneaky users looking around lol. I'll put it back in my sig, one moment.

[edit 3] signature test again
[edit 4] There we go. The link is hiding in between the userbars lol.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 08:02
You might as well make it a link.

Thanks man, I'll check in.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 08:09
It's a link now. I don't know if you have seen it yet or not, but the forums are being upgraded to phpbb 3.

http://insanefpsforums.setbb.com/

That's what it's going to look like in the end. I'm trying to have it so people don't have to register all over again so we'll see how that works out.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 08:12
Excellent news, just posted.

Let's not stray too far off topic here though.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 17:27
Quote: "Becoming a moderator does not get you a job at TGC. There are no specials you get for being a moderator, there are no secret FPSC versions, you don't get Lee Bamber's cave hotline."

WHAT!! I'm going to have to review my contract.....

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 19:21
Quote: "Quote: "Becoming a moderator does not get you a job at TGC. There are no specials you get for being a moderator, there are no secret FPSC versions, you don't get Lee Bamber's cave hotline."
WHAT!! I'm going to have to review my contract....."

...we have a contract?And who in blazes have I been talking to on the phone?
BTW in case you guys don't get all of that it's a volunteer position...at least you get a badge.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't want them to think they get anything in return other than more rules to abide by, "power", responsibility, and a sort of honor, if you look at it that way

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 22:07
Quote: "I live in the US, and (correct me if I'm wrong) the moderators here live in Europe"

Fred, Keith and myself all live in the United States, im not sure about uman, but I think he resides in Europe.

http://www.seqoiagames.com
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 22:13 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2008 22:13
Quote: "I live in the US, and (correct me if I'm wrong) the moderators here live in Europe"

~Location: Indiana~ FredP
~Location: Michigan~ KeithC
~Location: in my closet~ BULLSHOCK 2
I was about to bring that up Bullshock lol. All 3 of those are clearly in the US lol. I've never been to your closet but I heard it's gorgeous lol.

Ok, well 2 of them are clearly in the US lol.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 22:44
I'll be a Mod, ill be extra good, pretty please, honest.. no one will go missing from the forums

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2008 22:50 Edited at: 24th Jul 2008 00:05
Quote: "
~Location: Indiana~ FredP
~Location: Michigan~ KeithC
~Location: in my closet~ BULLSHOCK 2
I was about to bring that up Bullshock lol. All 3 of those are clearly in the US lol. I've never been to your closet but I heard it's gorgeous lol."

Oh it is... Its filled with car parts and studio equipment from my various hobbies, but its still a sight to see...almost like candy land for the modern technical age... BTw my closet resides in a mixture of Florida and Los Angles, I go back and forth quite a lot, and i dont feel like updating the forum every time i go.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'll be a Mod, ill be extra good, pretty please, honest.. no one will go missing from the forums"

Haha. Higgins you would probably do warcries to those who do wrong, and I will do the same.lol

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 00:37
LOL, well then I stand corrected!

Guess I should pay more attention to the "Location:" under everyone's names. Usually people just put something weird there.

For FredP, at first glance I thought it said "India". Man, I gotta lay off the Mountain Dew.

Having seen more posts from Moderators from all the other boards, I made an assumption that they were all from Europe. Eh, well now I know.

In either case, it has already been stated that the mentioned moderators are getting to the point of burning out. Having some more assistance certainly wouldn't hurt.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 04:16
I don't know. It seems like the traffic on these forums has died down a little since earlier this year. Hmm. Maney I am just used to it by now.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 06:48
Quote: "Man, I gotta lay off the Mountain Dew"

NnnnnOoooooo!!!!!!....Dont give up mountain dew!!!!......wait a second......if you dont want your mountain dew.......can......I...have....it?

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 09:08
I like chocolate milk still

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 09:50
While I am sure the whole world is waiting to find out what you drink maybe we should steer this back on-topic.

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 17:33
Wow, this thread does get off topic a lot, which is ironic, because it is a thread about moderating off topic threads.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 17:40
Most threads start to veer off topic eventually, it just needs someone to pop in now and again to ask to keep it on track.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 00:16 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 00:17
And personally (IMHO) I feel a little levity is needed around here once in a while, as well as "jocularity" or perhaps even some hilarity -- as long as it gets back on topic. You notice I did not include sarcasm, especially when it is aimed at an individual such as a newbie.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 00:54 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 00:57
A few clarrifications just to make it so.

I am from and reside in the UK.

Personally I am not quite a burned out Moderator yet. That does not mean I live here all of the time. I am here more often than you may think but even if I am here I dont often post. When necessary is my way. If I am posting it may be with regard to a question of topic but might just as likely be acting in the role of Mod and we dont want too much of that do we. If theres "Trouble" it wont take long to clear up the boards if need be.

A little fun here and there does not go amiss at any forum....

And back on topic - we forgot to tell you when the new Mod is in chosen and in place the rest of us Mods are going off for a months break and let the New Mod get on with alone it and see how they get on.

Only Joking

Well I thought it was funny.

Seriously, keep the posts and nominations for Mod coming and good luck to you all.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "And back on topic - we forgot to tell you when the new Mod is in chosen and in place the rest of us Mods are going off for a months break and let the New Mod get on with alone it and see how they get on."

Uman, I know we've have problems in the past, but we're cool now. I had no idea you had a sense of humor

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:02
Quote: "I had no idea you had a sense of humor"

Neither did I....

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:20
Guys I'm a bundle of laughs but I'm a Mod so I am supposed to smile like as if I got wind aint I?

Again seriously. I'm cool. The only reason you dont see me posting around here more and partaking more in the communities activities often has nothing to do with me being a Mod. I dont post much because I dont and have not developed with FPSC since Its instability and speeds for me at least became a serious issue and I stopped development of my game with it. I have been a critic and still am when it comes to some of these software issues and because of this I dont feel that I should normally comment on gamemaking with FPSC lest I leave my own self open to critisism.

I constantly check out the updates and familiarise myself with them but the major engine issues still remain and I can not personally develop with it still currently.

That may or may not change with the migration version or beyond but thats not a reality until it is so.

As everyone should know I will pick up my development again if and when some of these issues are resolved. Then I may also be able to pick up on some of the past work I have done helping with some of the problems users face.

I feel that wind coming on again now so I will dissapear and go sit in the corner until I recover which might take some time.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:22

Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:15
What is that, Nickydude? Also, sorry uman about that group. I sent you an e-mail. Anyhow, do we have a final date as to when the new MOD will be anounced? I might have missed it.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:15
The only current moderator that I've seen make a nomination was KeithC with Nomad Soul. Who do the other moderators think should be nominated?

Gunn3r Games
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:32
Quote: "What is that, Nickydude?"

uman. lol!

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:52
Quote: "The only current moderator that I've seen make a nomination was KeithC with Nomad Soul. Who do the other moderators think should be nominated?"

This is like a proposal thread! you should convince us with the pros/cons of your nominations!

I think that will help in the decision as well.

Quote: "do we have a final date as to when the new MOD will be anounced? I might have missed it."

No, but like i said, i think this thread needs to go on a bit longer...could end tomorrow, could end next month...

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 02:58
Can we send in like a resume for becoming a moderator lol?! I would so have an excellent one to send in.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 03:31
Is that still Uman's wind? :LOL"

Quote: "you should convince us with the pros/cons of your nominations!"

Now you tell me. OK. I'll be back and completely on topic with some pros --- and because I'm not sure I want to get anybody mad at me I might just leave the cons behind. Unless it is constructive.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 07:45
I believe that Progress is the opposite of Congress.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 01:21
LOL, Ply. I see you have some vivid political views.

petsall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 15:24
bond

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is bunny. Copy bunny into your sig and help him on his quest for world domination!
Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Bond1, for fairly obvious reasons.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 17:24 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 17:32
Quote: "So I recommend Seth Black and Nickydude might as well make it 2 new mods."

...thanks for the mention, but I must gracefully decline, as I have neither time nor interest, for such a role on these boards.

Greatly appreciated, just the same...

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 18:45
I dont agree with the bond1 comments. If someone swears or says something bad he seems to ignore it.(Which is a good thing) A Mod will have to take action.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 20:00
Just because he / she doesn't jump in to quash arguments doesn't mean they won't become a good mod when called upon to do so.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:19 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 21:21
Yeah but why should he become a mod, I need a reason. Just because you like him he should be a mod. I mean I like Bond to but I don't think he should be a mod... and only once in a while do you see a post in another persons thread from bond.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:24
Because Bond has good knowledge of this place. His head is in the right direction and he knows the rights or wrongs of these forums. He's been here for some time.

Just because there have been threads that needed modding and he didn't enter the thread, does not mean he wouldn't be a good mod. If he was a mod, he most certainly would do something about threads that get out of hand.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:29
While I'm not sure how Bond himself feels, I sorta think that he may prefer to keep his time making assets for the TGC store rather than patrolling the boards. I'm sure he'd make a great mod, but I know that at least I wouldn't want his awesome media delayed from arriving in the store

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:30
Yeah, I agree. I would want the same thing if I created media like him.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:31 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 21:33
I think a good indication of someone who would do a good job as a mod is someone who did a good job as a member, and didn't get involved in arguments. That's the mods job. It normally takes more character to restrain ourselves than it does to cave in and argue.

Best.

....and if you think I'm wrong, then I'll argue with you about it!

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:34 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:18
Quote: "If he was a mod, he most certainly would do something about threads that get out of hand."

How do you know?

Plus someone like Nickydude, helps people all the time. Do we want another mod just shutting down all the posts immediately. I mean come on, I never read the AUP until about a month ago... Most Noobs don't. Doesn't everybody remember about a two months ago, when everybody started leaving. Threads were getting locked in the snap of a finger.

Im calling for a change in the rules around here. I think that someone should get at least 24 hours to post a jpeg image of their game before it gets locked. Some people only get on once a day and thats it. Heres an example:

"Alright Im making a new game... blah blah blah"
Getting offline

"You need a jpeg image"

"Locked"

[Mod Edit - Uman]
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:37 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 21:38
Xplosys, I actually disagree with that. I've seen mods argue with people before. The fact is, they are a mod and have the power to end an argument.

I don't think someone would be a good mod because they don't argue. Just because someone has an opinion and expresses does not make them incapable of being a mod. It's what they are arguing for, and whether they are right in the argument that makes them capable of being a mod.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:43
Agreed - but I still think that a good member is a good indication of a good mod.

Best.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 21:48
Yes, the person definitely needs to be a good member.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 22:51
I think its unanimous and this thread is starting to become pointless. Just give ply AND nicky mod, so we can get this over with.

You'll Know When You See It.

Signature made by me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:23:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:23:36