Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / So its time for a new FPSC Moderator

Author
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 22:58
Quote: "I think its unanimous and this thread is starting to become pointless. Just give ply AND nicky mod, so we can get this over with. "

You got the idea

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:00 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 23:16
Quote: "I mean come on, I never read the AUP until about a month ago... Most Noobs don't. "

That's why they get slapped or banned.Maybe you should do like MOST of us did and read these things before you posted in the first place.I generally like to get an idea of how not to get my self banned before I start posting.
We were all "noobs" once and I read those things.
Just because you don't follow directions or read instructions doesn't mean everybody else will.
Allow me to kill this part of the debate.Bond has no wish to be a moderator and,if I am not mistaken,has posted so in this thread.
So the list of those nominated who donot want the position are:
Bond
Seth Black

They are always free to change their minds.
Before you nominate someone you might read through and see if they already don't want the job...

The floating skull is gone but the flames burn on!!!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:02 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 23:15
I think we're missing the point of arguing here.

From the Moderator perspective, it's not about who's right and who's wrong in an argument, it's about who broke the AUP and if that dictates that the thread should be locked OR some intervention for the oppressing members. I mean, locking threads is not the only thing that Moderators do. Noob slapping a few disrupting members is obviously also on the list, amongst other things that these boards need.

More often than not when an argument does arise, it doesn't necessarily mean the thread should be locked down simply to prevent the argument from continuing. Sometimes a few words from a moderator stating their viewpoint on the matter and how the actions taken by the members MAY eventually lead to locking/slapping/banning can bring the topic back on track and allow it to continue its course and fulfill its purpose.

You can't say, "This person would be a good Mod because they would know what threads to lock," and expect that to provide enough reason to make them a Mod. That just simply isn't enough.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:05
Quote: "So the list of those nominated who donot want the position are:
Bond
Seth Black
Plystire"

Ply I thought you wanted to be a mod? If not it looks like it's going to nickydude, hopefully they also get a second mod, I'm pretty sure that would go to Thraxas, though I do long to be a mod.

Dare to dream Jenkins, lol.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:07
You are quite right Jenkins... not sure how I got on that list.

The one and only,

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:13 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 23:20
Ahh lol. With you on that list it increased my chances lol.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:18 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 23:19
Sorry about that Plystire.I thought I read that somewhere.Since I obviously screwed up (can I chalk it up to a forum hiccup?) I edited my post and took your name out of it.
My apologies for any confusion.

Edit:
To whom it may concern:
Please watch your language.Swearing in a thread about nominating a new mod is sure you get you hammered.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:21
Quote: "To whom it may concern:
Please watch your language.Swearing in a thread about nominating a new mod is sure you get you hammered.
"

your kidding me right? this cannot be directed towards jenkins comment:

Quote: "Ahh hell lol. With you on that list it increased my chances lol."

if it is, thats a joke. it has to be.

You'll Know When You See It.

Signature made by me.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:23
Quote: "Please watch your language.Swearing in a thread about nominating a new mod is sure you get you hammered."

Ahh, sorry. Thought you'd be somewhat lenient on that one lol.

Quote: "your kidding me right? this cannot be directed towards jenkins comment"

It's looking like it lol.

I didn't think that actually constitutes (I think that's the right word lol) as a swear word.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:25
Hmmm, I never considered that a bad word. I always thought it was just a place for bad people.

@FredP:

Thanks for editing your post. Don't want everyone getting even more confused than they already may be.

The one and only,

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:26 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:25
Quote: "I didn't think that actually constitutes (I think that's the right word lol) as a swear word."

[Mod Edit - Uman]

Epic fail.

One thing ive always hated around here, is the swearing rule. swearing isnt the problem, the problem is when people swear in a derogatory sense. But hey, its not like my opinion on rules or anything has mattered around here. ive been newb slapped for a month for saying hell.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:27
We don't tolerate swearing around here period of any kind unless someone changed the AUP when I wasn't looking.
Nobody got in trouble and it's just a helpful reminder...

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:28 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:24
[Mod Edit - Uman]

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:29 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:26
[Mod Edit - Uman]

Epic fail.[/quote]
Lol, it's all good though. Everybody sees things differently. The way I used it is more the reason that surprised me he edited it out. But it's all good.

[Mod Edit - Uman]

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:33
Some people react to words differently. One word could mean the difference between life and death in different countries, although in this instance I'm sure it wasn't meant in any harmful way. I do hope at least 2 mods are chosen as it would certainly relieve some of the load off the other mods.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:41 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:28
Quote: "We don't tolerate swearing around here period of any kind unless someone changed the AUP when I wasn't looking.
Nobody got in trouble and it's just a helpful reminder."

all im saying is i bet the other moderators that dont lurk in the fpsc boards are most likely more lenient, [Mod Edit - Uman] all im saying is, the fpsc board moderators have always been more strict with applying that rule. and dont say thats not true, because everyone here knows its true.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:45
Haha, bloodeath you actually put it in your sig.

Though I do respect Fred for having done that. It's why I think he is one of the better mods here. Though it may have been a little strict, it's his opinion and even though he's a mod he still shows us his opinion. A lot of mods around just simply lock threads, ban, and slap people without having explained how they feel about the situation. Unlike Fred, he gets down and dirty sometimes lol.

At least that's how I feel about it.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 23:52 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 01:54
Look I really want to be a mod, even know I argue alot I think its a good thing, I will talk it out with you, instead of just locking it immediately.

I am up for changing some of the rules, listening to the community. Doing favors for the community. I see it as not what powers I will have and not the ban hammer in my hand but as what I can do to help the community.

VOTE ROBERT F. 2008 TGC MOD!!!

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 00:00
Quote: "VOTE ROBERT F. 2008 TGC MOD"

Or vote for Thraxas... you know you want to:

[center]
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 00:03 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 01:13
Hahahaha, there's Napoleon!

Vote for Thraxas!

[test]

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 00:05
Quote: "VOTE ROBERT F. 2008 TGC MOD"

Quote: "vote for Thraxas..."

Hmm... tough choice.... but I think the Thraxas just pips it with the 'mod look' going on in the photo.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 00:06 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 01:54
Haha good one! lol

That made my day!!!

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 00:49
All Right, finally we have some campaigning going on.
I'm going to have to go for RobertF and or Thraxas now since I haven't seen any other campaigns yet.

"I'm tschwarz and I approve this post"
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 00:59 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 01:55
Thanks tschwarz! My First Vote!(Probably only vote)

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 01:12 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 01:16
Oh no... sig advertising... What a good idea!

[center]
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 01:13 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 01:54
Pedro Thraxas? lol...

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 01:27 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 01:29
Guys, the swearing rule has always been in effect.

Different moderators have different levels of tolerance for different things, so when we have more then a one man team, it tends to even out.

One of the reasons were a little more strict on the FPSC boards about swearing is that the general age level is lower then some of the other boards...thats also why we have so many problems with showcase threads including nothing but stories, team requests, ranting about how horrible FPSC is yet still using it, and of course everyone's favorite, the "Goodbye i hate you all" threads.

You have to realize that because of the circumstances, we sometimes need moderate according to the average age level rather then what we feel personally offensive.

http://www.seqoiagames.com
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 01:32
Some questions to the candidates:

If you could create a new forum catatory for FPSC what would it be?

I can think of a dozen things I like about FPSC, what is one of your favorite features of FPSC.

Besides sneeking in swear words why do you like to visit the fpsc forums.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 01:33
It was an honest mistake. I didn't think people would've found it offensive, especially with the context it was in.

But that's done and done.

And isn't the max height for a sig 120? If so Robert you might want to scale it down a bit.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 01:54 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 02:51
Well tschwarz:

1a. Well one category I think would be necessary would be an "Updates and Mods" - Where basically all the Mods and Updates would be at.

1b. Another Category would be an FPS Creator X10 Showcase, I really think that is needed. Or maybe just separate all the Fps Creator X10 stuff from the X9 stuff and put it in its own section of the forum.

Example:

Fps Creator
-Product chat
-Scripts
-Models and Media
-Showcase
-Feature Creep
-Bug Reports

Fps Creator X10

-Product chat
-Scripts
-Models and Media
-Showcase
-Feature Creep
-Bug Reports

2. To tell you the truth, I dont really have a favorite feature. I guess you could say the feature that you have the ability to drag and drop stuff, so its noob friendly.

Quote: "And isn't the max height for a sig 120? If so Robert you might want to scale it down a bit.
"

Done. Done. and Done. Stupid Mistake by me.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 02:07
Lol well I still stand with Plystire and co.
Mods told us to tell them WHY we choose them so here it goes.

Plystire:
-Very helpful
-Great knowledge of stuff
-Good guy
-Sees the goodness in people
-Knows whats wrong and whats allowed
-Likes Platypuses

Punk13:
-Great guy
-Nice guy
-Good sense of humor
-Knows whats wrong and whats allowed
-On the forum alot

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 02:49
"And I like long walks in the park and picnics on a blanket in the spring." LOL

Terry, please stop! At least one of them thinks you're serious! ROFL.

And while we're on the subject of those who would not care to be a mod, you can add me to that short list. Not that I was worried about being one, but I think I was nominated a couple of times. That's pretty cool.... thanks but I'm a little too old (fashioned) and stubborn to be policing up this young crowd here. I just like hanging out.

With Seth out of the picture, my main pick is Nickydude. He has the temperament, experience and will to keep this place in shape, and perhaps even improve it. After that, any on the other front runners should do a great job, especially Plystire.

Best.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 02:56 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 03:15
Quote: "If you could create a new forum catatory for FPSC what would it be?"

I think a good new category would be for FPSC Multiplayer. There are alot of users who bought FPSC to make MP games. There are many subtle differences between making a game SP and MP and these are not always to a new user.

It would also be useful for people setting up MP games and to talk about MP level design. There are lots of useful articles/posts about designing SP games but much of what is said does not apply to MP games.

It's not necessarily a good idea but I think many users would appreciate it.

I don't think a MOD has the power to create a new category though.

Quote: "I can think of a dozen things I like about FPSC, what is one of your features of FPSC."

The ability to have an idea and then create it in hours not days... Of course the best levels always come from a well thought out plan but FPSC's ease of use means I can have an idea up and running in the blink of an eye... All the other engines I have used require 100 times more effort to get even the simplest results...

Quote: "Besides sneeking in swear words why do you like to visit the fpsc forums. "

Even though this community is widely regarded as unwelcoming to 'noobs' and even seen as unfriendly to each other I don't think we are.

I think just as with any community there are good users and bad users... and those that come just to stir the pot! I think the users here are incredibly passionate about this product and sometimes just get a little too carried away with their discussions!

It also never ceases to amaze me with what other users seem to be able to do with FPSC and how talented some of the members are...Seeing something amazing always inspires me to try and improve my own work...

These forums are also slightly addictive... They always seem to draw you back

Quote: "Terry, please stop! At least one of them thinks you're serious! ROFL."

What he wasn't serious ... all that typing for nothing... I must now go lie down... I'll also have to cancel my trip to Berlin as my next post was going to be made where the wall once stood. I am a doughnut.

[center]
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 03:48 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 03:56
I actually really like the idea of a MP category. I might just go ahead and make one at InsaneFPS lol.

[edit] Lame, can't go to the forums right now. I can't even go to the upgraded forums. Thraxas, I'm thinking that they are upgrading the site right now to phpbb 3. If so, TGC, prepare for a most excellent thread lol.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 03:57 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 04:02
My first mention of Plystire included this: "If he thought he would have the time." However, for some reason I was assuming he was willing to have this thankless job. But, I now withdraw my vote for Plystire out of deference to his wishes.

I vote for Pedro Thraxas.

The last post by Thraxes shows some of the reasons why I vote for him. These are the things I personally am looking at:

* Being a frequent part of the forums.
* Being supportive of all the members and yet questioning in an impartial way the behavior of members who have even been here for a long time.
* One who seems to know the rules of the forums -- although none of us probably really know them that well.
* One who seems that they would take this position seriously, but
* One who has a good sense of humor and is not afraid to use it.
* A good understanding of human behavior and character.

I believe all of this speaks of Thraxas to the nth degree. Well, maybe I exaggerate because I truly don't know Thraxes personally but I'm just trying to be emphatic.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 04:22 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 04:25
Some of my Qualitys:

- Im the forums about 6-7 Hours a day if not more
- I want change, not the same old rules.
- I wont give up

I promise you that if you vote me in I will make change.

Some changes I would like to make:

1. No threads will be locked(From Me) in less then 10 Hours unless its something out of hand.

2. Make the forum a more friendly place.

3. Make the forum easier to navigate.

4. Just have a good ol' time with the forum members!(This one being most important)

When I first came to the forum, people were pretty nice to me. The Forums were nice. Everybody kind fully helped each other out. There was no "Your a stupid NoOb" Posts. Now days the forum has totally changed. People making fun of each other because they ask a simple question. The Forums just aren't as fun anymore. I have heard many people say it. That's why I am here to change it. I feel that I will truly change the forums for everyone. Make your game making experience with Fps Creator better for all. If you have something you would like changed tell me, I will add it to my list, that way if I get voted in... I help to change it.

Please Im really begging, vote me Fps Creator Board Moderator.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 05:41
Vote for Inspire:

Free models for everyone!

Nah, I wouldn't really wanna be a mod, I wouldn't be able to take part in flame wars.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 05:42
Quote: "I wouldn't be able to take part in flame wars."

I still can't believe you missed the last one lol.

Quote: "Free models for everyone!"

Yes! You've got my vote!

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 06:51
"Terry, please stop!"
Ok Ok but seriously good answers and I believe most everyone nominated would be good mods. Best of luck to those who want the position.

xplosys I'm little disappointed that you didn't finish that off with.. "and I wish for world peace"
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 06:58 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 06:59
Im out of these forums, my signature has been erased by a mod. bunch of favoritism mods. Screw you guys im out.

3 years of being apart of these forums, and the mods never cease to disapoint me. Who ever gets elected to be a mod, i wish you luck, and may your new powers go directly to your head just like the current mod squad. GL kthxbye.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 07:11
Quote: "3 years of being apart of these forums, and the mods never cease to disapoint me. Who ever gets elected to be a mod, i wish you luck, and may your new powers go directly to your head just like the current mod squad. GL kthxbye."

What if it's me though? Lol. Surely you wouldn't leave if I become a MOD.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 07:13
Quote: "my signature has been erased by a mod."

Put it back up, if Rick can have it you can to.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 07:19
Quote: "xplosys I'm little disappointed that you didn't finish that off with.. "and I wish for world peace""

I was going to say that but not until the bikini part of the contest...

[center]
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 07:45 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 07:47
Quote: "Put it back up, if Rick can have it you can to."

Not necessarily.

As i mentioned before the FPSC has a younger general audience then the rest of the forums, so we hold the reigns a bit tighter because of this.

I stand behind any other mods decision (within reason) and i don't see why its so upsetting.

http://www.seqoiagames.com
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 08:07 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:34
[Mod Edit - Uman]

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 08:25
Quote: "Not necessarily.

As i mentioned before the FPSC has a younger general audience then the rest of the forums, so we hold the reigns a bit tighter because of this.

I stand behind any other mods decision (within reason) and i don't see why its so upsetting."

Rick doesn't post in the TGC section?

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 08:34 Edited at: 28th Jul 2008 00:35
[Mod Edit - Uman]

Noo Dont Leave BloodDeath, you are truly awesome.

Noob101
Years of Service
User Offline
i nominate FrankiePawnage5

NoOoOoB
TeMpLaR1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 09:30 Edited at: 27th Jul 2008 09:33
Has a mod been elected yet? (Sorry haven't really been tracking this thread.)

TeamASP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 11:11
I'd go for Punk13.

This one's an eager person, and does good diplomacy in going through threads... his milestone would be the Kola and the Diet Kola threads.

I'm not returning any favors... he's just deserving it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 09:22:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 09:22:30